Which port is the worst?

Trueblueky

What is the worst port you have visited?  Please explain why.

I do not mean "which port have you visited so often that you don't even get off the ship now"?  

I searched under "worst port" and saw a few comments, but not a separate discussion topic.  

8 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Montego Bay. We didn't feel safe, the city was dirty. People were not friendly and there wasn't much to do. The other cruise ports in Jamaica are much nicer.

I agree.  We look for cruises that don't stop in Jamaica.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Montego Bay. We didn't feel safe, the city was dirty. People were not friendly and there wasn't much to do. The other cruise ports in Jamaica are much nicer.

All the ports in jamaica. Cant walk anywhere without really pushy taxi drivers acting more like they want to pick you up to date than taxi. Tried many times for good coffee, forgetit..I can buy better blue mountain here in texas, I'm convinced those are bad seconds or old. Wifi overpriced. Just prefer to skip it if I can. ... though I know at least one booking goes there, i think b2b sept 2022. 

It's my least favorite. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mondello said:

I've been on enough cruises to where it is a jumble. I like to go out a negotiate my own excursions and there was a time or two I took a leap  faith that I'd make it back.

If we are talking worst ever leaps of faith its downtown Belize for me. Two of them, said cant just hire a driver  took me and went to a church forever, heard about downtrodden blacks and just wouldnt leave. I finally had to force the issue. Hated it. There is nothing downtown Belize city you want to see. Stick with the country.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If we are talking worst ever leaps of faith its downtown Belize for me. Two of them, said cant just hire a driver  took me and went to a church forever, heard about downtrodden blacks and just wouldnt leave. I finally had to force the issue. Hated it. There is nothing downtown Belize city you want to see. Stick with the country.  

I was also thinking about Belize when I posted. The port area is fenced in and the area outside doesn't look real inviting.

• Like 2

Our worst ports are Montego Bay, didn’t like the pushy people and the drug dealers in the streets approaching you right out in the open. Did like Margarettaville just for the deck overlooking the water. Second is Nassau, first time there got bad vibes and have never gone back. I would add Belize but I enjoy just getting off the ship and hit The Wet Lizard for a snack and a few beers.

• Like 1

Easily Montego Bay for us. We were with a group at the craft market once when two of the ladies in our group had their necklaces snatched right off their necks. The offenders disappeared quickly in the market.

We never bother to get off the ship in Freeport or Nassau either. The tourist areas are safe there during the day, but after a couple of visits to either there's nothing much to see or do so we just stay on the ship. And the sellers are a little too aggressive for us as well.

Regards,

Oletruckdude

Dominica, specifically Port of Roseau.  Very underdeveloped for tourism.  Was an unscheduled redirect due to weather so we had no time to research & it also was offseason for their regular cruises.  Luckily we were able to get a Carnival sponsored tour into the interior that was very nice.  

Since then I’ve looked a little more into the island’s attractions and past hurricane destruction.  Since I’m a person who has a soft side for 2nd chances I would get off the ship there again but only on a sponsored tour again.

We haven't been to a Jamaican port yet so I'll have to agree with Belize. On a Carnival excursion, cave tubing I think, we had armed guards around the pavilion while we ate lunch. That with the warnings not to leave the port area, that was our last trip to the mainland, only offshore snorkeling trips after that.

The last time I visited Montego Bay, the port building was being remodeled.  Got off the ship, walked through the port terminal, turned around and got back on the ship. Goal waste of time and port charges. Freeport is also not desirable. All industrial and the overall area is not attractive. The market at the terminal is extremely over priced