NCL Suspended Sailinigs?

BirdTravels

12 minutes ago, cliffd64 said:

Our NCL SKY cruise for 9/12 - 9/19 was moved from the Sky to the GEM same date and leaving from Miami.  They appeared to have moved the entire passenger list over matching categories.  Feeling a bit more confident about going now...  GEM will supposedly have been sailing for almost 30 days when we board.  Keeping fingers and toes crossed.... 86 days ....

Did they just make that announcement ?

26 minutes ago, cliffd64 said:

Our NCL SKY cruise for 9/12 - 9/19 was moved from the Sky to the GEM same date and leaving from Miami.  They appeared to have moved the entire passenger list over matching categories.  Feeling a bit more confident about going now...  GEM will supposedly have been sailing for almost 30 days when we board.  Keeping fingers and toes crossed.... 86 days ....

At least we know the Gem will sail... its full of Sixthman Charters from Mid Oct - Mid Nov. 🙂

9 minutes ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

Ugh. We are on the NCL Breakaway out of New Orleans on Jan 9. I've been afraid of this as cancelations keep creeping closer to that date. 

We're the week before you and are hoping the same! We switched our December Encore to August Encore and booked the New Year's Eve Breakaway.

25 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

About the Gem replacing the Sky? No, that announcement was made early last week, iirc?

Yes, last Wednesday around 3 pm is when I was informed (by my TA, FYI)

16 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

RATS!   We are also booked for the 10/19 Joy.  Can't see it available on NCL anymore, but it still shows on MyNCL account.   We are at 120 days now.

Us too!!!!  This is the 3rd one to be cancelled for us.  #$%!

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

NCL just changed my refund status from 30 days (which should be right now from when I requested it) to 90 days before I can expect it.  Yeah, I think they're in financial trouble.

Is that a refund from a FCC or just a cash final payment?

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

Is that a refund from a FCC or just a cash final payment?

Both....had a final payment made last year in April, which was cancelled, rolled it over into a Bliss to Alaska which was supposed to sail last month, which was canceled, then rolled that into the Joy in Jamaica, and we all know what happened there.

I rolled over my original payment into FCCs.  So, the rules are kind of convoluted, but I qualified after NCL canceled my "we're back" Joy sailing.  They originally told me it would take 2 weeks to get my refund.  That turned into 30 days.  And now, they tell me it's 90 days.

21 hours ago, Dgoddess61 said:

I just spoke with my NCL cruise consultant and was informed that my cruise on Norwegian STAR,12/11/21, Rio to Santiago (B2B). Has been frozen by cruise line and that is because "NCL is evaluating suspending this journey and if they do I will receive an email tomorrow"

Did you get the email?

Suspended Sailings

Ship - Suspended Through

Pride of America - November 20, 2021

Norwegian Dawn - November 21, 2021

Norwegian Joy - November 13, 2021

Norwegian Sky - January 21, 2022

Norwegian Star - January 2, 2022

No promotional email off NCL this morning 

2 minutes ago, sweetbasil57 said:

Nail biting going on here! Would this involve the POA sailing November 13th? Getting pretty darn tired of this. I have rebooked this cruise 3 times

Suspended Sailings

Ship - Suspended Through

Pride of America - November 20, 2021

Norwegian Dawn - November 21, 2021

Norwegian Joy - November 13, 2021

Norwegian Sky - January 21, 2022

Norwegian Star - January 2, 2022

My guess is yes.  My question is if the cruise on the 20th is suspended...i think yes also.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but since I had a 10% discount (already used) from a previous cancellation does this mean I'm not going to get another one?  That sucks, I was planning my holiday in good faith, again, it would be nice for this new upset to be appreciated.

"Additionally, a 10% off coupon will be automatically added to the guest's account, if the guest has not already received one for a previously cancelled sailing or an account that currently has a 10% coupon."

5 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but since I had a 10% discount (already used) from a previous cancellation does this mean I'm not going to get another one?  That sucks, I was planning my holiday in good faith, again, it would be nice for this new upset to be appreciated.

"Additionally, a 10% off coupon will be automatically added to the guest's account, if the guest has not already received one for a previously cancelled sailing or an account that currently has a 10% coupon."

You are correct. You only get one 10% discount. If you have multiple cruises cancelled, you do not get additional coupons. I have already had five NCL cruises canceled and only ever got one coupon.

• Like 2

I called NCL about my cruise November 13th, YES cancelled. She said my travel agent should be getting an email, well called my TA and NO she still didn't have anything from NCL. Someone tell me Why it was cancelled please. This is the 4th time cancelled, they should do more for us then a lousy 10% off and showing off a new ship. Sorry to rant.

9 minutes ago, sweetbasil57 said:

I called NCL about my cruise November 13th, YES cancelled. She said my travel agent should be getting an email, well called my TA and NO she still didn't have anything from NCL. Someone tell me Why it was cancelled please. This is the 4th time cancelled, they should do more for us then a lousy 10% off and showing off a new ship. Sorry to rant.

They canceled because they cannot staff the ship before Thanksgiving. Also, they need to make sure that entire staff has a vaccine. Some of the countries where the staff is coming from do not have vaccines as available as in our country. I’m sure it is a logistical nightmare. I am on my fourth cancellation as well. I Feel your pain

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really wish that when NCL cancelled cruises they would give you the same rates/amenities on a new booking.  If I were to book a new cruise now it would be almost $2K more (I currently have a booking in a haven suite)- and that is after the 10% discount.  I understand supply & demand, but this is nuts.  I've never said this before, but I need to start looking at other cruise lines. 

• Like 4