The Daily for Tuesday August 17, 2021

richwmn

@rafinmd Rest and take care of yourself. Positive thoughts headed your way.  I would enjoy seeing menus from Crystal.

@Norseh2oPrayers for Wil's safety.

I hope that eventually we will be able to get a third/booster vaccine.  I have mixed vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, which could be an issue getting in to some countries, or on some cruise ships.

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

It's been a bit of a rough afternoon.  The anesthetic for the root canal is really hanging on.I hadn't realized how soft my dinner would need to be but I can hardly even drink from a cup now and I'm feeling quite drained.

Roy

I will be praying for you Roy.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

@Seasick SailorJoy, I'm getting my third Pfizer shot this Friday.  You asked if anyone was planning to.  A friend who cruises with us a lot told me yesterday they are available in our area and she got hers.  Seems that's the direction we're going, at least for people over 60.

Maxine

That's wonderful!!  We're hoping we can get ours before our cruise in 5 weeks.  I plan to ask our doctor about it, since the CDC is saying 8 months after 2nd shot before getting a booster, but it will be 7 months for us when we leave.  I'm really hoping we can get it (I know she'll agree) and would feel much better on the cruise after getting a booster.

Cookies are baked, house is clean, and I'm now relaxing and just waiting for DS to arrive tomorrow.  He's in Southern WA tonight and tomorrow morning has an appointment in Seattle to get his Covid test he'll need for crossing the border later in the week to see friends there. So we'll see him after his test. 🙂  

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

That's wonderful!!  We're hoping we can get ours before our cruise in 5 weeks.  I plan to ask our doctor about it, since the CDC is saying 8 months after 2nd shot before getting a booster, but it will be 7 months for us when we leave.  I'm really hoping we can get it (I know she'll agree) and would feel much better on the cruise after getting a booster.

Cookies are baked, house is clean, and I'm now relaxing and just waiting for DS to arrive tomorrow.  He's in Southern WA tonight and tomorrow morning has an appointment in Seattle to get his Covid test he'll need for crossing the border later in the week to see friends there. So we'll see him after his test. 🙂  

I would rather wait, but we pushed ours up before the eight months -- also because of upcoming travels.  Some other countries are allowing even at five months, I believe, so we are moving forward.  The online questionnaire to schedule appointment was very straightforward and readily accepted the date of second shot, so it appears we are good to go.  It's hard to sift through all the conflicting information, but wanting to travel as we do, and spending time with young grandchildren, the third shot feels right for us.

• Like 10

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Roy! Root canals are no fun. I had one once and don't really care to repeat the process.

Hooray for everyone already scheduling a booster! We're still a few months away from that (October would be our 8 month mark), and I hope our town gets things in gear for that. We'll be QUITE happy to bare our arms for another jab.

I've been feeling more than a bit overwhelmed lately and it's hard to get enthused about packing for a cruise when we really don't know if our tests will come back negative! But a friend posted the following on FB the other day and I think it's apt for a lot of us. The proverbial "last straw that broke the camel's back." Sending good wishes to all, and wishes for peace and some rain and some sanity.

May be a cartoon of text

• Like 13

3 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

@Seasick SailorJoy, I'm getting my third Pfizer shot this Friday.  You asked if anyone was planning to.  A friend who cruises with us a lot told me yesterday they are available in our area and she got hers.  Seems that's the direction we're going, at least for people over 60.

Maxine

🌺Very curious Maxine. I am in Maui but we live in Leucadia. Where in your area are you getting a booster so soon? Do you have compromising problems that allow you to get yours sooner? I think that is great but from my friend-who is an emergency Dr. at Encinitas Memorial I just spoke to said only for Patients that have compromised immune problems.
Congrates to you! I won’t be able to get mine till November.

Mahalo Denise😊

• Like 4

@StLouisCruisers I am so sorry to hear about Brenda’s brother. So very sad and so soon after her father. Prayers for her and her family. 

@Norseh2o Praying for your nephew. What a scary situation. 

@jimgev Thank your wife for helping to fight the battle and for her dedication. 

@rafinmd I’m sorry about the root canal and after effects. Hopefully all will be well in the morning. When I had my last filling I was shocked how numb I was and for how long. The doctor said it was because of the location, back molar, needs more numbing.  And I remember how hard it was to eat and drink too. Take care. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Late in the day to add my 2 cents:  A Baby Boomer here who likes to find a bargain at thrift stores and donates more than he buys.

I was at La Possession, Reunion, on the 2014 Africa cruise aboard the good ship Rotterdam.  Took the bus to St Denis, which was more enjoyable.  Sorry I don't have the pics to post here.

Several more vaccinated friends have tested positive for covid in the last few days.  They don't seem to be terribly ill, but sinus and chest issues.  Wearing my mask whenever I am around others indoors.  We were lucky to do our road trip recently in good health.  Be careful and cautious out there and get your booster when it is your turn.

• Like 11

Thanks for all the daily information, so much sadness today.

@lindalerso sorry that your faithful service dog has died, the teddy bear sounds a good idea.Sending cyber hugs to you.

@StLouisCruiserscondolences on the loss of Brenda's brother.

@rafinmdhope you are now feeling more comfortable, and have managed some  food and fluids.. Tomorrow will be a better day for you.   Roy, would be interesting to see the Crystal menus. 

@Vict0riann condolences to your friends.

It's interesting to read of people getting their booster shot.

Another 6 cases in the community of the Delta variant, one of whom is a teacher.The 7 cases are all in Auckland.  Further caes expected.

Stay  safe, take care everyone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Very curious Maxine. I am in Maui but we live in Leucadia. Where in your area are you getting a booster so soon? Do you have compromising problems that allow you to get yours sooner? I think that is great but from my friend-who is an emergency Dr. at Encinitas Memorial I just spoke to said only for Patients that have compromised immune problems.
Congrates to you! I won’t be able to get mine till November.

Mahalo Denise😊

Hi Denise.  Just corner drug store.  No, no claims to compromised immune system.  Maybe the hospitals/medical groups have issued their own specific guidelines?  It all seems to change day to day.  My friend was at six months and got hers.  She called to give me heads up, so I made an appointment -- and DH did, too.  I'll report back here how things go.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Sharon in AZ, I hope things are going well with your mom.  She is so lucky to have you to help her along.  You two are such a precious team.

Btw...I hope you bring your multicolored jacket on the Coastal cruise. It's perfect for the season.   I always remember that coat and that Craig doesn't like it.  He doesn't understand how valuable a versatile piece of apparel is when traveling.  😍

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

I would rather wait, but we pushed ours up before the eight months -- also because of upcoming travels.  Some other countries are allowing even at five months, I believe, so we are moving forward.  The online questionnaire to schedule appointment was very straightforward and readily accepted the date of second shot, so it appears we are good to go.  It's hard to sift through all the conflicting information, but wanting to travel as we do, and spending time with young grandchildren, the third shot feels right for us.

Thank you.  And tonight I got a text from our SIL (who is in the medical field) and said we may be getting our boosters sooner than expected.  Now I'm getting very hopeful!

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily information, so much sadness today.

@lindalerso sorry that your faithful service dog has died, the teddy bear sounds a good idea.Sending cyber hugs to you.

@StLouisCruiserscondolences on the loss of Brenda's brother.

@rafinmdhope you are now feeling more comfortable, and have managed some  food and fluids.. Tomorrow will be a better day for you.   Roy, would be interesting to see the Crystal menus. 

@Vict0riann condolences to your friends.

It's interesting to read of people getting their booster shot.

Another 6 cases in the community of the Delta variant, one of whom is a teacher.The 7 cases are all in Auckland.  Further caes expected.

Stay  safe, take care everyone.

Thanks, Erewhon,

I read that NZ is under lockdown - or is it just Auckland?  Numbers are going up here on the island, 29 new cases today, but deaths are getting rarer.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you.  And tonight I got a text from our SIL (who is in the medical field) and said we may be getting our boosters sooner than expected.  Now I'm getting very hopeful!

Thanks for sharing about SIL.  I'm hopeful, too, and want to use every tool in the drawer to crush this pandemic.

It occurred to me that they may be opening up the boosters because they have hit a dead end with the anti-vaxxers.  The more immunity the rest of us have, the better for "the herd."  Just a guess...

• Like 6

13 hours ago, lindaler said:

I will post just a note. I have been nursing my service dog all week and last night she crossed the bridge. I will miss her so much but she had fun while she was my service dog and allowed me to start traveling and cruising again. I just wanted you all to know why I’ve been so quiet. 

I am so sorry.

Susan

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

It occurred to me that they may be opening up the boosters because they have hit a dead end with the anti-vaxxers.  The more immunity the rest of us have, the better for "the herd."  Just a guess...

I have thought the same. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

@Sharon in AZ, I hope things are going well with your mom.  She is so lucky to have you to help her along.  You two are such a precious team.

Btw...I hope you bring your multicolored jacket on the Coastal cruise. It's perfect for the season.   I always remember that coat and that Craig doesn't like it.  He doesn't understand how valuable a versatile piece of apparel is when traveling.  😍

I’m laughing so hard right now about my jacket of many colors. I might just have to take it along just to show him. It really does go with anything and everything.  🤣

Thanks for the encouragement about DM. She is spunky to say the least! 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks, Erewhon,

I read that NZ is under lockdown - or is it just Auckland?  Numbers are going up here on the island, 29 new cases today, but deaths are getting rarer.  

Yesterday our PM announced that as there was one Community case the whole country would go into lockdown last night at 1159 pm,  Auckland and the Coromandel  for 1 week, the rest of the country for 3 days,  Lockdown means stay at home, only leave house for exercise in neighbourhood, supermarket,  doctor,chemist, hospital  and covid tests, no vaccinations were performed today, but re-starting tomorrow.  Masks to be worn when going to any of those essential services.

This evening the case number is now 10.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, rafinmd said:

It's been a bit of a rough afternoon.  The anesthetic for the root canal is really hanging on.I hadn't realized how soft my dinner would need to be but I can hardly even drink from a cup now and I'm feeling quite drained.

Roy

You poor guy, Roy 😔. I hope you were able to get a good night’s sleep and you are feeling much better today 🤞 

• Like 2