Fight breaks out on Royal Ship

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I saw somewhere (maybe in another thread here?) that this was family in-fighting

Yes, yesterday.

33 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Apparently, the Promenade Cafe ran out of cookies. 

Just the ranger cookies.

32 minutes ago, toad455 said:

The 3/4 night cruises tend to be booze cruises regardless of the cruise line. Bunch of young kids looking to get wasted in a short timeframe.

I was just on Navigator for a B3B:  5 nights, 4 nights, 3 nights.

The 5 & 4 were calm, quiet, sedate even.  IME on several ships, the 4 night mid-week cruises are generally like this. 

4 & 3 should not be lumped into the same category, IMO.  

The 3 nighter was louder and more "fun" with people really partying, but absolutely no one crossing the line.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ky Bill said:

The photo/video appears to be the same video for both the Carnival ship and the RCCL ship?

Bill

Not even close.  The fight on Navigator was inside & outside Cafe Promonade.  The one on the Carnival ship looked like it was on a dance floor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Anytime you see passengers wearing the bed linens as outer garments as they stroll the promenade..........well I will just leave it at that

Was just gonna ask why the #%%*are they wearing blankets???!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Have you had a lot of experience with ship's security?

I've witnessed a couple medical incidents that required security to clear the area and it took passengers to do the job because security just stood there and watched the chaos

We just disembarked Navigator of the Seas yesterday morning...on June 27-July 1...We actually had one of those "Promenade View" cabins--on deck 7 just above and opposite the cafe...So I did a double-take...because we saw nothing like this and probably wouyld have heard about it.  Then I looked again at the article and it was dated June 29 and talked about "last week's cruise"...so I am assuming this was on one of the cruises before us...

Now our cruise was fairly inexpensive, but nowhere near the "$100" some on this thread are quoting...

We don't do too many really short cruises--usually 7 nights, for us, is too short.  But we did this as a quick getaway...and we are not sorry we did...We generally had a great time...and everyone on our cruise seemed to be enjoying themseves...

Now, there is often a big difference from 3-nighters to 4-nighters in that the 3s are generally Friday-Monday and 4s are Monday to Friday.  Both tend to be around the ame price...but 3s are attractive to those who work M-F and get those weekends off without taking vacation time whereas the 4s require anyone with a M-F job to take a week off work.

Our cruise had a very nice mixture of passengers...We met a LOT of professional types and a lot of families whose kids are finally off school for the summer and a lot of teachers/educators who are also finally off work for the summer.  And, yes, there were a lot of younger folks--but most appeared to be within the proper behavior and attitude for a cruise...they were there to enjoy the amenities of the ship--even if the itinerary is less than exciting.  We didn't see ANYONE poorly behaved.  Yes, back in the days when we did a Carnival cruise or two (we won't anymore), we did see some unruly folks on 3 night cruises...but I think a lot of that is because of how Carnival markets itself--"FUN!!!" and "LOW PRICES".  It's sort of a first choice for the party crowd.  Not that some of them stumble onto a Royal Caribbean cruise.

But, just to set the record straight here...our 4-nighter this past week was VERY nice...with a very nice crowd...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ky Bill said:

The photo/video appears to be the same video for both the Carnival ship and the RCCL ship?

Bill

The Carnival video took place in a dance lounge.  The RCCL video took place in front of the Cafe Prominade.

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Was just gonna ask why the #%%*are they wearing blankets???!

When someone wears a stateroom blanket on the Royal Promenade, they are no longer considered blankets, they become oversized Pashminas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I've witnessed a couple medical incidents that required security to clear the area and it took passengers to do the job because security just stood there and watched the chaos

😞

3 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Apparently, the Promenade Cafe ran out of cookies. 

Just like the fights u see over the new tray of crab legs comin out at da Hometown Buffet  ... 

3 hours ago, Cheesepleese said:

Just saw the video and thinking to myself, jeez, no wonder cruise lines have staffing issues. Who the hell wants to work on a ship for the pay they get and have to deal with that level of stupidity from passengers!

Stupidity doesn't even define that well enough.  That whole scene was absolute trash, and I don't care if anyone gets offended by my choice of wording.  Trash!

That was a ship's officer at the end who was slow to get up.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It looks like RCL and Carnival have added the Jerry Springer Show as new entertainment. It must be hard to get singers and dancers. On a serious note, we should not wonder why foreigners (workers) think so poorly of Americans. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Anytime you see passengers wearing the bed linens as outer garments as they stroll the promenade..........well I will just leave it at that

Navigator checks out blankets on the pool deck, along with pool towels because it is cold. And some people apparently watch the green and orange movie screen. :classic_rolleyes: I agree, they were not meant to be garments. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, topnole said:

Geez.  Looked like formal night too.  Wouldn’t guess this would happen when everyone is dressed their best.   

The blankets apparently were part of their "dress your best" :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, flamingos said:

I didn't see - was it a short cruise?

A cruiser posted this from another review site
[ . . . . /ship/navigator-of-the-seas/review/540996 ] :

---

4 Night Catalina & Ensenada (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date:  June 20, 2022

Ship:          Navigator of the Seas

Review summary

Horrible brawl on last evening. Continued way longer than it should have. Received minor injuries as innocent bystander. Little to no security response. Not in a bar but at the promenade with elderly and children. Felt like rc was not concerned with safety of the guests

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, ema773 said:

I’ve been on two Navigator three day cruises since the restart.  Both were great cruises and I wouldn’t hesitate to book again.

One of my worries before the first one in December was the party atmosphere, but we saw absolutely none of that.  The second was in May just after college graduations and I was worried again, but again no partying.

Maybe we got lucky, but based on my experience I would say this is the exception rather than the norm.

We are the same as you - we never see that kind of behavior and we take 3 or 4 night cruises almost monthly.  This is an exception, not the rule.  People have so many false misconceptions of short cruises.  

59 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I just did a 3 night cruise myself in June and the only reason I did was I needed 2 more points to hit Pinnacle.  Whereas I didn't see any fights break out I did see a lot of "blanket wearing" and many "I paid for this cruise so I can do what I want" sorts of people.  Never again thank you.

Agreed. That has been my experience as well.

We stopped cruising Carnival 10 years ago because of the behavior and fights on shorter cruises. We live close to port and we love being able jump on for a weekend. We were surprised when we took a 3 day on Independence this past February not only was service & quality poor for Royal but there were several fights at night. It seems to us over last few years RCI has tried to capture the Carnival crowd sadly it seems they have succeeded. We hoped our cruise was just a fluke but now this. We have a 9 day out of Newark coming soon hopefully it will restore our faith in RC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We do several 3 night cruises per year on RCI, including 3 on Indy since the restart. We have never witnessed fights. We always have a good time. We also have done two  9 night cruises and one 7 night since the restart. Great service on all. We usually are only out until around midnight. Maybe we need to stay up later.