The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 18th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning and thanks all!  I tried cauliflower pizza and was very pleasantly surprised,  the Big box sells the shells and we had it for dinner last night!

@Seasick Sailor and @SusieKIslandGirl happy birthday! 
@StLouisCruisers so sorry for your loss, falls are so scary!

DH tripped early in the morning last week and broke his new glasses and frames.  Luckily he was ok, but one always worries.  Thankfully the big box are replacing his glasses, we were very pleasantly surprised.  
@ger_77 so glad the flights got settled!  Now you can look forward to it.

@kazu glad you’re getting your booster before you go.  Does your province have the Pfizer yet?
Well we are having a strange fall,  plus 25 Celsius yesterday and today!  Sure beats the snow!  
We saw this big guy last night.

80D56CC6-64BA-4D28-A762-3499B92429D3.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to visit both the Kirkwall and Lerwick (Shetland), but I don't envision its happening anytime soon. Arugula pizza would be OK but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to get it. I liked the arugula salad that I've had twice in the Pinnacle Grill on sea days. It seemed to be made with juvenile arugula.

ARTIST.jpg.6016273f3219432c0612dff6fac7fa46.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Unfortunately when I was eating my breakfast I looked at my email on my phone and saw a very upsetting email from our friend in La Jolla, California.  His wife Beverly had a bad fall a few weeks ago and went to the hospital for four days with a concussion and a small subdural brain bleed.  She went home and several days later complained she couldn't breathe.  Her DH called 911 but as they were loading her into the ambulance her heart stopped.  Nothing could be done for her.  They believe it was a pulmonary embolism.   Our friend is devastated and shattered.  I gasped when I read this and ran to DH to tell him.  He is equally as upset as I am.  Please say a prayer for our friend and Beverly's family and friends (including us).  🙏

Oh I am so sorry to hear this, Sandi 😔 Devastating news indeed.

My condolences and prayers for Beverly, her family and you and your DH 🙏🏻. So hard to get this news 😔 

15 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@kazu glad you’re getting your booster before you go.  Does your province have the Pfizer yet?

Thanks Brenda - when I made the appointment we only had Moderna.  I see Pfizer on the NB website so I will ask if they have it tomorrow.  I’d prefer it but if there’s no choice - beggars can’t be choosers 😉 

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

It was a good day. DH caught up with his sister while I cooked, they had a frank talk about her prognosis, and the tears shared as we left included some tears of joy about the time together.

And, today's blessing is that my DH remembers where we went yesterday and the time he spent with his sister.

That is so nice to hear, Melissa.  And yes, your DH remembering is truly a blessing ♥️ 

@ger_77So happy you are all set for Barcelona.  👍 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, summer slope said:

Key Lime Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Vanilla Schnapps Liqueur
2 parts Pinnacle® Citrus Vodka
1 part fresh Lime Juice
2 parts Cream
Whipped Cream
Lime Wheel

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a graham cracker-rimmed glass. Garnish with whipped cream and a lime wheel

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 7.30.12 AM.png

Interesting recipe for this cocktail...anyone know how the cream doesn't curdle with the addition of the lime juice?  

5 hours ago, 0106 said:

Arugula Pizza is one of my favorites! Fresh arugula leaves have a distinctive spicy kick that will turn up the flavors in your salads, pastas, sandwiches, and sauces. The flavor can be bright, tart, peppery, and slightly bitter, depending on its maturity. You'll find that baby arugula is delicate and mild, while mature arugula is much spicier.  While the pizza bakes, toss together the fresh baby arugula with the parmesan cheese. As soon as the pizza comes out of the oven, arrange the arugula on top with a handful of fresh basil. Then simply slice and eat!

Most of these recipes include directions for making homemade pizza dough.  I buy my pizza dough in frozen ball at the grocery store.  I have also used naan, pita bread, tortillas when I wanted a pizza and didn’t have any dough in the freezer.  Cauliflower crusts are easily found in the grocery store and can be substituted if you are watching your carbs.

Fresh pizza dough topped with homemade roasted cherry tomato sauce, basil pesto, a blend of Italian cheese, prosciutto, and topped with parmesan tossed fresh garden arugula. https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/arugula-tomato-cheese-pizza/

Arugula Tomato Cheese Pizza | halfbakedharvest.com

This is a sheet pan pizza with homemade pizza dough, pizza sauce, smoked gouda and mozzarella and topped with arugula.  https://www.acouplecooks.com/arugula-pizza/

Arugula Pizza

Mushrooms are the ideal stand-ins for traditional cured meat toppers; a mix of wild mushrooms adds meaty, umami-rich flavor and earthiness to this pizza.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/251178/wild-mushroom-pizza-with-arugula-pecorino/

image.png.4af077781c8289170ac502e0524c9651.png

This “white” pizza uses store bought dough and is topped with ricotta and mozzarella.  After baking a mixture of arugula and prosciutto is placed on top. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/arugula-prosciutto-pizza-recipe-1973868

Food stylist: Jamie Kimm  Prop Stylist: Marina Malchin

These recipes all look amazing...I'll definitely have to try them!!

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Unfortunately when I was eating my breakfast I looked at my email on my phone and saw a very upsetting email from our friend in La Jolla, California.  His wife Beverly had a bad fall a few weeks ago and went to the hospital for four days with a concussion and a small subdural brain bleed.  She went home and several days later complained she couldn't breathe.  Her DH called 911 but as they were loading her into the ambulance her heart stopped.  Nothing could be done for her.  They believe it was a pulmonary embolism.   Our friend is devastated and shattered.  I gasped when I read this and ran to DH to tell him.  He is equally as upset as I am.  Please say a prayer for our friend and Beverly's family and friends (including us).  🙏

Such sad news, Sandi - sending prayers to all.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.  Another day when the morning got away from me.  I didn't get to sleep until after 2:30 this morning and finally got  up about 8:30.  I have finally finished all the morning chores, and will finish reading the Fleet/Daily.  Since I'm late, I'm going to repost what I posted on October 12, 2021, about our visit to Kirkwall in 2017.  Then, I'll fishing the Daily and comment.

We have been to Kirkwall once in 2017 on the Prinsendam with Captain DD.    It was raining all day, but we still walked around the area where the shuttle dropped us off and up to the cathedral.  Then the light rain turned into a heavy, horizontal downpour that lasted so long we had to brave the rain to get back to the shuttle pickup point.  Our raincoats kept us dry except for our lower pants legs which were soaked.

Street scenes outside the Visit Scotland Centre

DSC09937.thumb.JPG.587164a3e09d9d9fc457ee5c40e3e473.JPG

DSC09938.thumb.JPG.ac374d5a34adbed3c31edc0d3142808b.JPG

DSC09939.thumb.JPG.5d90d4d862db5bbccccb684a61d72e07.JPG

St. Magnus Cathedral and grave yard

DSC09941.thumb.JPG.c98d839d8ea6b519d06e343146979ac4.JPG

DSC09945.thumb.JPG.35fd542ff1c9ae8ce27f85f812a4f3c7.JPG

DSC09946.thumb.JPG.d96bc6211fcd753c599eb01750465934.JPG

DSC09947.thumb.JPG.449ed42b590da1575e9cff5fafcff5f2.JPG

DSC09954.thumb.JPG.50fde1640e671ffdb83dc393ff946501.JPG

DSC09955.thumb.JPG.9ab8e0aa77f42e39055736498ae66503.JPG

The Bishop's and Earl's Palaces

DSC09943.thumb.JPG.734aa565fe94437d5e9186da6ba14a08.JPG

DSC09957.thumb.JPG.d52e2a19e4bbe6b3cdc1ada4d1a4b685.JPG

DSC09959.thumb.JPG.5edb6694be7863185e8879ec81652d27.JPG

DSC09960.thumb.JPG.bd8c63c79b62c7459d0d3e1623053112.JPG

DSC09961.thumb.JPG.3c1fc7bc9fe17b862aa7c0a561f7a441.JPG

The area around the cathedral and palaces

DSC09951.thumb.JPG.76c486cd7d2fb3f0fbd7054aaeeda6fa.JPG

DSC09952.thumb.JPG.1317e109b88cc1d0f8b915ce1a77e1b1.JPG

DSC09962.thumb.JPG.5ed2d7bbeea480180efe921d5d8cf900.JPG

There was a lot more to see, and I would like to go back to Kirkwall when it is not raining.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Hello everyone, hugs to all who need them, and cheers to everyone celebrating birthdays and other happy events.  The last 2 weeks have had lots of information overload here.  The Waukesha Christmas Parade massacre trial has been going on.  We were at the parade and our granddaughter was in the parade with her dance team.  They were early in the parade and the killing started about 1/2 way through the parade.  We were leaving just as the guy started driving his car through the route.  (about a block from where we were.)  We didn't hear about it until we got home, but our daughter did see a police officer running towards the parade route.   You can't turn on the news without hearing about trial details here...it's very upsetting to hear those details...

I'm in a church group that takes meals to those who need them.  Meatloaf has become my "go-to" meal...I figure it's family/kid friendly, and who doesn't like meat loaf? 😉  

This thread can help with some of the bad things we are dealing with.  Everyone is so helpful and caring!  Have a great rest of your day.  Karen

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

@Seasick Sailor and @SusieKIslandGirl Happy Birthday!  I know I have probably missed some and I apologize.  I’ll get back on track when I get home.

@StLouisCruisers my condolences on the sudden loss of your friend.

@HAL Sailerwhat a wonderful visit for your DH and his sister.

It was a beautiful day in Boston today.  Two sea days up next.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Well the saga of our anti-Malaria meds is finally done.  After many phone calls to the Dr. office and the Health Department the script is finally sent to CVS.  Will pick it up tomorrow.  Now if we are negative 3 days before the cruise all will be well.  Getting to stressful to travel for these two old people.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon again.  As I said it was a busy morning, but now I am caught up on the Daily.

We were a day ahead for meatloaf appreciation since that was dinner last night.  I make my mother's recipe, and we both enjoy it.  We can get two dinners out of it, and I can have my meatloaf sandwiches for breakfast since DH does not like it as a sandwich, or if I'm feeling really, really generous, we can get three dinners out of it.  I tried a different recipe for a few years that included red and green peppers, but I never really liked it.  Now it's the basic meat, cracker crumbs, milk, eggs, salt, peppier, and sage.  The sage is what makes it taste so good.  DH has never worn a beard, for which I'm thankful.  In about 1956, my father grew a goatee for the 75th celebration of the founding of our hometown.  He was the only one in the family that liked it, and it was weird since it grew out black in the center with white strips on either side.  Now, all of the above was probably information overload, but at least it was not political.  😁

The quote brings a smile to my face every time I read it. 😄

Today, we are sort of in sync with the meal.  I'd already planned on making pizza tonight since we have a cool day (61F now).  However, there will be NO arugula on the pizza@marshhawk  I'm another who does not like it because of the bitterness.  Ours will be a loaded pizza with a lot of pepperoni, cheese, onions, red and green peppers, mushrooms, bacon, mild Italian sausage and black olives.  The only things I leave out are the kitchen sink and anchovies.  Sometimes, DH adds jalapeno slices to his pizza.  

One reason I was late, I discovered I did not have enough cheese 😱 for the pizza, so another quick trip to the store.  When I got back, I cooked the sausage, made the tomato sauce and prepped the toppings.  I'll make the dough a little later, and after it's risen, all I have to do is assemble the pizza.

We'll pass on the drink, but would like my key lime in a pie.  Maybe tomorrow.  The wine sounds nice, and I would like to try it.

@grapau27  Graham sending you and especially Pauline good wishes on her Mam's fourth memory day.  BTW, I agree with @Sharon in AZ Sharon about where you are, but I'll keep quiet too.  Your dinner looks lovely.  Give Pauline an extra hug from me.

@smitty34877   Terry, thank you for asking about DH.  His progress is slower than we expected, but there are some signs things are beginning to head in the right direction.  Today is the first day he has complained about pain in his upper right leg, while the lower part is still numb.  I hate that he is in pain, and hope the pain meds and the muscle relaxer are working.  At the same time, I look at the pain as a sign that the numbness is beginning to lessen, as least from the surgery.  It will be after the second surgery next Monday, that there should start to be real improvement.  That is when the surgeon will do a laminectomy to remove the bone spurs causing the spinal stenosis, and also stabilize the two vertebrae.  The doctor told us last week not to expect too much improvement until after the second procedure.  For now, DH is spending a lot of time sleeping.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, first, I'm glad you both got your booster and flu shot.  Our condolences to you and Dennis on the sudden lost of your friend.  Also, condolences to Beverly's DH and her family and friends.  

@aliaschief  Best wishes for smooth flights, and that you get some sleep on the plane.  We'll be looking forward to reports from the river cruise when you have internet.

@MISTER 67  Congratulations on shooting 2 below your age yesterday.  Glad the water heater has been replaced, but ouch on having to replace the a/c too.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, safe travels home today.  I was glad to read that the insurance company had arranged an apartment in Hilton Head for you.  From looking at Google maps, it looks like you'll be fairly close to your home.

@ger_77  Gerry, great news that KLM found a flight for you even if your layovers are longer.

@durangoscots  Susan, please wish your DS a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY from us.  Glad you got your crab cake fix.

@HAL Sailer  Melissa, I'm very glad you and your DH had a nice visit with his DS, and had a belated birthday celebration with her.  Please wish her a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY from us.  it was good that your DH and his DS had a good visit and a frank talk.  It's a blessing that today he remembers the visit and the time he spend with his sister.

@ottahand7  Good that you got the wine cooler replaced.  We need to keep our wine happy.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope they have the Pfizer booster for you tomorrow.

@summer slope  I'm glad the malaria meds saga has been resolved.  Sending positive thoughts for negative tests in three days.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, durangoscots said:

I love real Maryland crabcakes.

And the ones they served on the ship are not even close to being real MD crab cakes!

I was talking to the Pinnacle Grill chef.  I was asking him what to order since I don’t eat meat (but do eat seafood).  He said, definitely get the crab cakes.  I said, I’m from Baltimore.  He then said, don’t order the crab cakes.🤣  I also told him I felt like most of the fish was over cooked.  He told me to order the halibut “rare” and that he would know it was for me.  That’s what I ordered, it was delicious.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like good meatloaf, although I rarely make it myself. I can appreciate no beard day; there are a few friends I like better without a beard, but like them on others. . Information Overload is a real thing! Funny quote! I like the meal (but without arugala, lol), drink (since I love key lime pie!) and wine.

I've never been to Kirkwall, Scotland.

It is cold! Brrrr. We're not getting past about 45F today. And it just started raining, but it sounds like sleet 😕. Then possible snow tonight and tomorrow, but I don't think much accumulation. I did turn the heat on last night, but low, just to take the chill off the house. It was a busy morning. I went to the nearby hospital and got my abdominal X-Ray and US done. Then went for blood work and it took almost an hour to get that done! I had the results by the time I got home. Liver enzymes are still a bit elevated. BFF is coming over later to watch the last 2 episodes of The Rings of Power together.

@Seasick Sailor @SusieKIslandGirl Happy Birthday!

@kazu I hope you can get both shots tomorrow. I get both on Friday.

@Sharon in AZ I've never had a lobster roll, even though I went to school in Boston. It looks good.

@grapau27 Thinking of Pauline and you on this 4th memory of her Mam's passing. That's a lovely meal you two are sharing. 

@0106 Thanks for the recipes.

@StLouisCruisers So sorry to hear of your friend's DW's sudden passing. Prayers for your friend, and Beverly's family and friends.

@aliaschief Safe travels.

@MISTER 67 Sorry to hear about more appliance woes. 

@Cruzin Terri Have a safe trip home.

@ger_77 Good to hear you have a new flight.

@HAL Sailer I am glad your DH got to visit with Ardis; it sounds like it was a blessing for them both. Prayers for them both, and you as well.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Kirkwall photos. I hope DH makes steady progress towards recovering, especially after the 2nd surgery.

@ktbraun I'm sure it's upsetting to relive that terrible day. It's similar here with the Tree of Life synagogue shooting, although the trial has not yet started.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

I was told last night that I had been exposed to covid earlier in the day, based on an antigen test, but since then the person has received a negative PCR test, so I don't know what to think. I came to the office this afternoon in order to compile material for a board meeting tonight, thinking that I'd be alone in the building, but two volunteers have since arrived, although they're working on something outdoors. There is laundry equipment in the building and I'm running a load since I'm no closer to having a new washing machine. I'll test myself tomorrow at noon, 48 hours after the exposure, and repeat the test later in the week. I would go home now, except that another volunteer has an appointment for a phone conversation in 20 minutes.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, ktbraun said:

I'm in a church group that takes meals to those who need them.  Meatloaf has become my "go-to" meal...I figure it's family/kid friendly, and who doesn't like meat loaf?

Mine is Swedish meatballs, although it's complicated to make them kosher.

• Like 12

Thanks so much to all of you for your sympathy on the loss of Beverly.  They were a very special couple, and I know her husband is crushed at her sudden passing.  I hope I don't forget to mention anyone here - please forgive me if I do.  Thank you  @puppycanducruise, @aliaschief, @grapau27, @rafinmd, @marshhawk, @Seasick Sailor, @smitty34877, @mamaofami, @ger_77, @TiogaCruiser, @ottahand7, @bennybear, @irishjim, @kazu, @msmayor, @dfish,  @superoma, @Quartzsite Cruiser, and @JazzyV.  You are all so kind and supportive.❤️

@ktbraunI'm sure the trial has brought it all back to many there in the Waukesha area.  It's a good thing you and your family were not in the midst of it all.  

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda, great to hear things seem to be progressing.  I'm sure you can't wait until the second surgery is over with and your DH can recover completely.  Thanks also for all the photos today.  I hope you get back to Kirkwall on a sunny day next time.  

@grapau27Graham it's nice to see the dinner photos of you two.  It's a nice way to remember Ruth on this date.  Hugs to Pauline.  That's a very nice restaurant there - so swanky!😉

@HAL Sailerit's so nice you and your DH had a good visit with his sister yesterday.  You will both be glad you got this opportunity.  

@summer slopeI'm happy to hear the saga of the malaria pills is over.  We picked up our pills today too when we went to Kroger for a few items.  I haven't even thought about a Covid test beforehand! 

@kochleffelI'm so sorry you have to worry about this possible Covid exposure.  You sound like you have a good plan for testing.  Let's hope it doesn't come up positive and you can quit worrying about it.  Best of luck!

@ger_77great news about the flight rescheduling.  I hope everything works out smoothly for you two.

@bennybearso happy to hear your DH was okay after that fall of his.  It could have been much worse.

And a big thank you to Cruise Critic for arranging the blue bubbles so that when we begin typing one, our most used name pops up at the top of the list.  That never used to happen.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks so much to all of you for your sympathy on the loss of Beverly.  They were a very special couple, and I know her husband is crushed at her sudden passing.  I hope I don't forget to mention anyone here - please forgive me if I do.  Thank you  @puppycanducruise, @aliaschief, @grapau27, @rafinmd, @marshhawk, @Seasick Sailor, @smitty34877, @mamaofami, @ger_77, @TiogaCruiser, @ottahand7, @bennybear, @irishjim, @kazu, @msmayor, @dfish,  @superoma, @Quartzsite Cruiser, and @JazzyV.  You are all so kind and supportive.❤️

@ktbraunI'm sure the trial has brought it all back to many there in the Waukesha area.  It's a good thing you and your family were not in the midst of it all.  

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda, great to hear things seem to be progressing.  I'm sure you can't wait until the second surgery is over with and your DH can recover completely.  Thanks also for all the photos today.  I hope you get back to Kirkwall on a sunny day next time.  

@grapau27Graham it's nice to see the dinner photos of you two.  It's a nice way to remember Ruth on this date.  Hugs to Pauline.  That's a very nice restaurant there - so swanky!😉

@HAL Sailerit's so nice you and your DH had a good visit with his sister yesterday.  You will both be glad you got this opportunity.  

@summer slopeI'm happy to hear the saga of the malaria pills is over.  We picked up our pills today too when we went to Kroger for a few items.  I haven't even thought about a Covid test beforehand! 

@kochleffelI'm so sorry you have to worry about this possible Covid exposure.  You sound like you have a good plan for testing.  Let's hope it doesn't come up positive and you can quit worrying about it.  Best of luck!

@ger_77great news about the flight rescheduling.  I hope everything works out smoothly for you two.

@bennybearso happy to hear your DH was okay after that fall of his.  It could have been much worse.

And a big thank you to Cruise Critic for arranging the blue bubbles so that when we begin typing one, our most used name pops up at the top of the list.  That never used to happen.  

Thank you for your kind words Sandi.

Paulines late mam loved it here.

Graham.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@Seasick Sailorand @SusieKIslandGirl Wishing you both a wonderful birthday!!  🍾🎂🥳

@StLouisCruisersSandi so sorry about the sudden loss of your friend Beverly.   Sincerest sympathy to you and her family. 

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports!  I love meatloaf sadly DF doesn't care for it.   My local meat market has a tasty premade one and it is great for a easy hot dinner.   DF has a beard and sometimes every day seems like information overload.   A good quote for today!    The pizzas look very tasty!  So does the Key Lime Pie Martini another one to ask for at Happy Hour on a BHB!  The vino looks great too, I love value Italian red wines.   I have never been to today's port.  Prayers for all on our care list, thinking of Pauline again today @grapau27.  I miss my mother so much.   She passed way too soon at age 77 in 1997.   Prayers for all cleaning up from the hurricanes and for the people of Ukraine.  So much misery has rained down them with winter coming.   Happy cruising to all on cruises or about to be.  We are 68 days out from ours.   

I am late this morning as we had a big project.  The cooler on our wine cellar failed and it was a lot of carpentry and heavy lifting to get the new one in place.   My wine will appreciate it since the last one hasn't worked since mid-summer.   Thankfully I have a cool, deep basement.   It is terribly windy and cold and spitting rain here.  I took packing out to our trash trolley sitting at the road for pickup.  My neighbor's had blown over so I righted hers.   When I came up from the basement mine had blown over.  Back out in the cold.  A strange year, we are very cold but haven't had a freeze yet this fall.   All my plant sale plants are looking really perky since they haven't been frosted behind the garage.   Since we are cloudy they probably have another week and it may reach 70 this weekend!  🙂  Have a wonderful day!!   

Giant dragonfly 73022.JPG

Thank you for your kind thoughts for Pauline.

I understand how you feel and 77 for your mam was way to young.

My mam's 11th memory is in 2 weeks time on November 2nd.

She was only 81.

Graham.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  Another day when the morning got away from me.  I didn't get to sleep until after 2:30 this morning and finally got  up about 8:30.  I have finally finished all the morning chores, and will finish reading the Fleet/Daily.  Since I'm late, I'm going to repost what I posted on October 12, 2021, about our visit to Kirkwall in 2017.  Then, I'll fishing the Daily and comment.

We have been to Kirkwall once in 2017 on the Prinsendam with Captain DD.    It was raining all day, but we still walked around the area where the shuttle dropped us off and up to the cathedral.  Then the light rain turned into a heavy, horizontal downpour that lasted so long we had to brave the rain to get back to the shuttle pickup point.  Our raincoats kept us dry except for our lower pants legs which were soaked.

Street scenes outside the Visit Scotland Centre

DSC09937.thumb.JPG.587164a3e09d9d9fc457ee5c40e3e473.JPG

DSC09938.thumb.JPG.ac374d5a34adbed3c31edc0d3142808b.JPG

DSC09939.thumb.JPG.5d90d4d862db5bbccccb684a61d72e07.JPG

St. Magnus Cathedral and grave yard

DSC09941.thumb.JPG.c98d839d8ea6b519d06e343146979ac4.JPG

DSC09945.thumb.JPG.35fd542ff1c9ae8ce27f85f812a4f3c7.JPG

DSC09946.thumb.JPG.d96bc6211fcd753c599eb01750465934.JPG

DSC09947.thumb.JPG.449ed42b590da1575e9cff5fafcff5f2.JPG

DSC09954.thumb.JPG.50fde1640e671ffdb83dc393ff946501.JPG

DSC09955.thumb.JPG.9ab8e0aa77f42e39055736498ae66503.JPG

The Bishop's and Earl's Palaces

DSC09943.thumb.JPG.734aa565fe94437d5e9186da6ba14a08.JPG

DSC09957.thumb.JPG.d52e2a19e4bbe6b3cdc1ada4d1a4b685.JPG

DSC09959.thumb.JPG.5edb6694be7863185e8879ec81652d27.JPG

DSC09960.thumb.JPG.bd8c63c79b62c7459d0d3e1623053112.JPG

DSC09961.thumb.JPG.3c1fc7bc9fe17b862aa7c0a561f7a441.JPG

The area around the cathedral and palaces

DSC09951.thumb.JPG.76c486cd7d2fb3f0fbd7054aaeeda6fa.JPG

DSC09952.thumb.JPG.1317e109b88cc1d0f8b915ce1a77e1b1.JPG

DSC09962.thumb.JPG.5ed2d7bbeea480180efe921d5d8cf900.JPG

There was a lot more to see, and I would like to go back to Kirkwall when it is not raining.

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1