The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 22nd, 2022

richwmn

Good morning all. Lovely sunny day here today. Will be about 70f today and tomorrow. Last hurrah of summer! Just returned from getting our flu shots so will take it easy today, mostly just hanging the laundry outside. We got our Covid booster three weeks ago so now we are ready to travel to family in Virginia again in early November. 

We brought in the last flowers from the garden yesterday. wishing everyone a good weekend. 

7CDB7FDA-33FC-4B8A-B8E3-3243226BAEB0.jpeg

• Like 24

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you for all who contribute to this thread.

A very breezy morning here. Warming to 88 later.. the windchimes are really going crazy out there.

Last night was so calm and beautiful. I finished my book by the fireplace at 11:30. 

Have a free day today, then a retirement party at one of our clubhouses this evening. 

I would love today's meal. I love pasta. Being a good neighbor is important in our community. The sweet lady who passed away has her funeral next Saturday and the family will be here this coming week. There is a program called Meal Train where we sign up to deliver a meal on a date and time requested by the family.

Sandi I love your pictures and narration. Thank you for posting them.

Prayers going out to all in need of them. Just so sad for the people of Ukraine..  Cheers to all on the Celebration list. 

image.png.cc33007a4578aad8962acdeca2aee4fc.png

image.png.8efdc4d447eddd9428ece022c02a2cf5.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I have tried to download some pics last night and today and have not had any success. We are kind of out in the boondocks on the Soane River. Went wine tasting this morning. Vineyards as far as eye can see and beyond. Weather is beautiful and we have been enjoying being out on top deck and enjoying the serenity and beauty of the river.

Tonight Chef Voltaggio is preparing our meal. Food is fantastic, tours have been good and service from crew is over the top!

Could get hooked on this River cruising. Oh no, another addiction!$$$

Hopefully, we will get enough signal strength to share some pics.

Thanks for the report. Life is good.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a sunny and windy central Texas.  It's going to be in the mid 80sF today and tomorrow.  Monday will be in the 70sF with 100% chance of rain, so we may leave a little earlier to make sure we get to the hospital by noon.

The only thing planned for today is to mow the yard.  With DD and DSIL here, I can be outside without worrying, and I need to do something physical. If DH needs me and not the "kids", they can come get me.

I hope I can make a difference today.  Several of our neighbors have helped us recently.  Fossils are interesting, and I enjoy most nuts.  I just hope I'm not considered a fossil or a nut. 😁

I like the Abraham Lincoln quote.

The meal and the wine sound good.  I'll pass on the drink. 

We have not been to Hammerfest.  @StLouisCruisers Ssndi, thank you for the pictures.

Time to get to work on the yard.

Lenda

• Like 22

Happy Saturday!  We are blessed with wonderful weather so I got an early start and picked up some stuff at Home Depot and then went and had a long visit with my brother.  He is in good spirits but has this massive brace on his knee.   Thank you for the Daily Reports and all that everyone contributes.    Prayers for all on our care list and for the people in Ukraine and those cleaning up from Ian.   Have a wonderful Saturday! 

• Like 18

Good morning and thanks all!  Dinner and the wine sound good,  not sure about the pumpkin drink but I’d try it!  

Well we went from mid twenties to the S word🤷‍♀️😜. Neither all the trees or our deck were ready.

8F52E892-2C2E-4B72-9FB8-12F0E0FE48CD.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

We made it back to Saint Paul safe and sound. 

Other than driving through near blizzard conditions around Bracebridge Ontario, the drive was fairly uneventful. The snow took us (and probably everyone else) by surprise. Power was out in several spots, likely because of the very heavy, wet snow bring down tree limbs and power lines. There were cars being towed with mashed up front and rear ends and cars in the ditches. Thankfully, by the time we got to Port Carling and Parry Sound we were out of the snow and driving conditions were back to normal. 

I played tennis this morning with my regular group. I hadn't played all summer cuz we were at the cottage most of the time. I was a bit rusty to say the least!

• Like 19

Good afternoon.

We have just arrived home from our cruise.

P&O Ventura was Pauline's mam's favourite ship and we took her for her last cruise on her 90th birthday over 10 years ago on Ventura so for her memory we celebrated it on this ship.

We visited Amsterdam for 2 Days on the 4 day voyage.

Graham 

IMG_20221018_135604.jpg

IMG_20221019_175345.jpg

IMG_20221020_175825.jpg

IMG_20221020_175621.jpg

IMG_20221020_083955.jpg

IMG_20221020_131311.jpg

IMG_20221020_113048.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you for all who contribute to this thread.

A very breezy morning here. Warming to 88 later.. the windchimes are really going crazy out there.

Last night was so calm and beautiful. I finished my book by the fireplace at 11:30. 

Have a free day today, then a retirement party at one of our clubhouses this evening. 

I would love today's meal. I love pasta. Being a good neighbor is important in our community. The sweet lady who passed away has her funeral next Saturday and the family will be here this coming week. There is a program called Meal Train where we sign up to deliver a meal on a date and time requested by the family.

Sandi I love your pictures and narration. Thank you for posting them.

Prayers going out to all in need of them. Just so sad for the people of Ukraine..  Cheers to all on the Celebration list. 

image.png.cc33007a4578aad8962acdeca2aee4fc.png

image.png.8efdc4d447eddd9428ece022c02a2cf5.png

Joy, it was my pleasure showing the photos of Hammerfest.  (do I sound like I work at Chick-Fil-a??)😁  It's nice of you and your neighbors to prepare the meals for the grieving family this week.🙏

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

I have tried to download some pics last night and today and have not had any success. We are kind of out in the boondocks on the Soane River. Went wine tasting this morning. Vineyards as far as eye can see and beyond. Weather is beautiful and we have been enjoying being out on top deck and enjoying the serenity and beauty of the river.

Tonight Chef Voltaggio is preparing our meal. Food is fantastic, tours have been good and service from crew is over the top!

Could get hooked on this River cruising. Oh no, another addiction!$$$

Hopefully, we will get enough signal strength to share some pics.

Thanks for the report. Life is good.

Your cruise so far sounds wonderful!  And nothing to complain about I would guess, since it's Scenic.

56 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@summer slope you reported yesterday completing a Verifly entry.  Are you willing to share what ship and the dates.

Thanks

Roy

I have a good guess but I think you should wait for Dixie to confirm it.  She is on a cruise with DH and I in four weeks time, Nov. 19.  Volendam going on a 28 day Amazon Explorer.  There are tons of things I should be doing for that but haven't yet.  I'm sure Dixie is way ahead of me!😉

54 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a sunny and windy central Texas.  It's going to be in the mid 80sF today and tomorrow.  Monday will be in the 70sF with 100% chance of rain, so we may leave a little earlier to make sure we get to the hospital by noon.

The only thing planned for today is to mow the yard.  With DD and DSIL here, I can be outside without worrying, and I need to do something physical. If DH needs me and not the "kids", they can come get me.

I hope I can make a difference today.  Several of our neighbors have helped us recently.  Fossils are interesting, and I enjoy most nuts.  I just hope I'm not considered a fossil or a nut. 😁

I like the Abraham Lincoln quote.

The meal and the wine sound good.  I'll pass on the drink. 

We have not been to Hammerfest.  @StLouisCruisers Ssndi, thank you for the pictures.

Time to get to work on the yard.

Lenda

It's no doubt a great relief to have the kids there to assist you in helping your DH.  I hope you all have a good weekend together ahead of Monday's surgery.  Good luck!

19 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Dinner and the wine sound good,  not sure about the pumpkin drink but I’d try it!  

Well we went from mid twenties to the S word🤷‍♀️😜. Neither all the trees or our deck were ready.

8F52E892-2C2E-4B72-9FB8-12F0E0FE48CD.jpeg

Oh, boy!  I hope it doesn't "stick" for long.  🥶

5 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

We made it back to Saint Paul safe and sound. 

Other than driving through near blizzard conditions around Bracebridge Ontario, the drive was fairly uneventful. The snow took us (and probably everyone else) by surprise. Power was out in several spots, likely because of the very heavy, wet snow bring down tree limbs and power lines. There were cars being towed with mashed up front and rear ends and cars in the ditches. Thankfully, by the time we got to Port Carling and Parry Sound we were out of the snow and driving conditions were back to normal. 

I played tennis this morning with my regular group. I hadn't played all summer cuz we were at the cottage most of the time. I was a bit rusty to say the least!

That trip sounded a bit scary with all the crashes happening.  Thank goodness you arrived home safely.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just arrived home from our cruise.

P&O Ventura was Pauline's mam's favourite ship and we took her for her last cruise on her 90th birthday over 10 years ago on Ventura so for her memory we celebrated it on this ship.

We visited Amsterdam for 2 Days on the 4 day voyage.

Graham 

IMG_20221018_135604.jpg

IMG_20221019_175345.jpg

IMG_20221020_175825.jpg

IMG_20221020_175621.jpg

IMG_20221020_083955.jpg

IMG_20221020_131311.jpg

IMG_20221020_113048.jpg

It sounds like you two had a very nice get away.  Pauline looks so chic in her leather coat with the red accents (lined?).  And I notice something done differently on P&O -- the long, to-the-floor tablecloth covered with the top tablecloth.  Never seen that before on our cruises, at least that I can recall.  Welcome back home!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Joy, it was my pleasure showing the photos of Hammerfest.  (do I sound like I work at Chick-Fil-a??)😁  It's nice of you and your neighbors to prepare the meals for the grieving family this week.🙏

Your cruise so far sounds wonderful!  And nothing to complain about I would guess, since it's Scenic.

I have a good guess but I think you should wait for Dixie to confirm it.  She is on a cruise with DH and I in four weeks time, Nov. 19.  Volendam going on a 28 day Amazon Explorer.  There are tons of things I should be doing for that but haven't yet.  I'm sure Dixie is way ahead of me!😉

It's no doubt a great relief to have the kids there to assist you in helping your DH.  I hope you all have a good weekend together ahead of Monday's surgery.  Good luck!

Oh, boy!  I hope it doesn't "stick" for long.  🥶

That trip sounded a bit scary with all the crashes happening.  Thank goodness you arrived home safely.

It sounds like you two had a very nice get away.  Pauline looks so chic in her leather coat with the red accents (lined?).  And I notice something done differently on P&O -- the long, to-the-floor tablecloth covered with the top tablecloth.  Never seen that before on our cruises, at least that I can recall.  Welcome back home!

Thank you Sandi.

Pauline bought her fine Italian nap leather coat in Mijas Pueblo Spain and she absolutely loves it.

We dined in the Speciality restaurants on board.

3 nights in Epicurean

1 night in Sindu Indian restaurant.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

13 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Volendam November 19-December 17. Only need to upload Covid test 3 days before. 

Thanks.  I see you both now on the Future Cruise List.  You leave my last sea day on the Eurodam.

Roy

• Like 13

Good afternoon from Fort Lauderdale. Disembarkation was faster than we could sneeze. Crazy because it was horrible when disembarked early January from our Rotterdam cruise.

I made a huge mistake when booking our hotel and chose the wrong date and when I discovered it the hotel was booked so we ended up with a different hotel but the same brand. It’ll be okay for just one night but we loved the Las Oslas area so much we actually came back to our canceled hotel for drinks and we will be heading out for lunch to an Italian restaurant we liked. 

Safe travels to our Daily friends traveling today. Rich, Edi, Debbie, Robin, Nicholas, Julia and Reggie. And Carolyn and Henry enjoy the Nieuw Statendam!!!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I will try to make a difference for a neighbor today; fossils are fascinating; I enjoy nuts to eat and for baking. Good quote. I like the meal, drink and wine. I like Roy's meal too.

I've never been to Hammerfest or anywhere in Norway.

It's a nice, sunny day today, already at 66F. I should be outside, but the leaves seem to have blown elsewhere, for now. I will continue to declutter inside. I had a lot of trouble bending my knee when I woke up, probably due to the gel injection; it's ok now. I deferred my vaccines yesterday and rescheduled for this Thursday.

@Cruzin Terri It's good you're getting settled in at the Hilton Head apartment. I hope the contractor and insurance company reach a good settlement for you. 

@luvteaching I'm glad DH had a good day yesterday in rehab. 

@richwmn @dfish @Sharon in AZ Welcome back. Safe travels home.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the Hammerfest photos.

@kazu Great memes!

@0106 Thanks for today's recipes.

@marshhawk Good luck to you and DH with quitting smoking; you can do it!

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a fabulous time on your river cruise.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Prayers for Monday. So helpful to have family there with you.

@ottahand7 Nice that your brother is in good spirits and you had a long visit with him.

@bennybear 😮 on that snow! Hopefully it melts away quickly.

@Overhead Fred Good to hear you made it home safely. Driving in near blizzard conditions is so scary, at least to me. 

@grapau27 Welcome home. It sounds like a fitting way to honor Pauline's Mam. Thanks for the photos.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I will try to make a difference for a neighbor today; fossils are fascinating; I enjoy nuts to eat and for baking. Good quote. I like the meal, drink and wine. I like Roy's meal too.

I've never been to Hammerfest or anywhere in Norway.

It's a nice, sunny day today, already at 66F. I should be outside, but the leaves seem to have blown elsewhere, for now. I will continue to declutter inside. I had a lot of trouble bending my knee when I woke up, probably due to the gel injection; it's ok now. I deferred my vaccines yesterday and rescheduled for this Thursday.

@Cruzin Terri It's good you're getting settled in at the Hilton Head apartment. I hope the contractor and insurance company reach a good settlement for you. 

@luvteaching I'm glad DH had a good day yesterday in rehab. 

@richwmn @dfish @Sharon in AZ Welcome back. Safe travels home.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the Hammerfest photos.

@kazu Great memes!

@0106 Thanks for today's recipes.

@marshhawk Good luck to you and DH with quitting smoking; you can do it!

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a fabulous time on your river cruise.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Prayers for Monday. So helpful to have family there with you.

@ottahand7 Nice that your brother is in good spirits and you had a long visit with him.

@bennybear 😮 on that snow! Hopefully it melts away quickly.

@Overhead Fred Good to hear you made it home safely. Driving in near blizzard conditions is so scary, at least to me. 

@grapau27 Welcome home. It sounds like a fitting way to honor Pauline's Mam. Thanks for the photos.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you Vanessa.

Graham.

• Like 6

Good afternoon from Hilton Head.

We had a chilly start this morning.

Just when you think you remembered everything you needed, you wake up in the morning and remember that you forgot the coffee.  That is totally unacceptable around here.

So DH is still sleeping.  I got dressed and went in search of a place to buy some coffee.  I certainly was not going to make the trip to our house to get it.

We will go tomorrow to get the things we forgot.  There is an ever growing list of things we need.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.  i hope you had an enjoyable cruise.  I believe in neighbors helping neighbors, although I must admit that these days I am not much help to anyone and really appreciate all the help we have received.  It has really made a difference.  I hope that there are days that I make a difference in the lives of others.

I like the quote and the meal.

Roy, Thank you for the Cares and celebration lists.  We pray daily for those who need our prayers, who are ill and less fortunate than we are.  While we are not in great shape right now, we thank God that we have the means to have our home restored.  That is a big relief.

We pray for all those on the celebration list, especially those who are cruising.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and stays safe.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 17

DW tested positive on our government issued self test yesterday morning. When medical assistant came to the room in the afternoon, we let her know, so DW was then given a PCR test. That came out positive, as expected. DW requested Paxlovid and it was delivered to the room about 11 PM ship time. She has taken her second dose and is experiencing flu-like symptoms. I only have a scratchy throat and a cough.

Being trapped in a balcony room with an ocean view, with the woman I love, with meals delivered three times a day, any extra concerns just a phone call away, and even fresh fruit ….

I can think of much worse circumstances 🙂 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

Home safely and as much as I enjoyed the cruise, it feels good.  I'm concentrating on laundry today because tomorrow starts the marathon packing.

I'm happy to hear the travel portion of your day is over.  Good luck with all the packing!

20 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

DW tested positive on our government issued self test yesterday morning. When medical assistant came to the room in the afternoon, we let her know, so DW was then given a PCR test. That came out positive, as expected. DW requested Paxlovid and it was delivered to the room about 11 PM ship time. She has taken her second dose and is experiencing flu-like symptoms. I only have a scratchy throat and a cough.

Being trapped in a balcony room with an ocean view, with the woman I love, with meals delivered three times a day, any extra concerns just a phone call away, and even fresh fruit ….

I can think of much worse circumstances 🙂 

Well, that's a shame.  Hope you both recover quickly and at least you get to stay in your balcony cabin.  Hope you're both better soon.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1