The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday February 6th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

I have a question for @erewhonor anyone else who can help 🙂

I've been obsessing over our time in New Zealand on the Grand Australia '24 and wine. 😉  As I've mentioned before, DH and I love, love, love the Marlborough SV's.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of our ports will be near that region....our ports will be: Port Chalmers (Dunedin), Akaroa (Christchurch), Wellington, Napier, Tauranga, and Auckland.  Any advice on which port may be best for something similar to the Marlborough wines?  Oh and we only drink whites.

Thank you for any advice!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kazu said:

OMG I am laughing at this.  No way - it’s hard enough getting a top on with one hand.  I obviously have the wrong sports bras.

I am currently not worried about that particular undergarment.  there is no one here but  me - I tried when I got home and gave up.

I don’t have an hour to fiddle and get trapped in one.  I am wearing Caribbean short sleeved shirts  I can get off with one hand and sweats that I can pull up with one hand.   I am not exactly a fashion piece right now - nor dressed well for winter. It is what it is.  I have to be able to get everything on and off on my own.  bathe, wash my hair, etc - in the old days i had DH and I wore that undergarment. Now it’s me and I have to do it myself.

I'm with you on that and I don't have any injuries.  When I am home I wear pajamas.  I got home this afternoon and that was the first thing I did - put on jammies.  Now, I just hope DB doesn't call and want me to bring him a bag of chips.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

6 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

@StLouisCruisers that was the correct FB page. I found it and took a peak.  Some very nice Items.  I like the page so hopefully I’ll remember it when it crosses my feed.

I should mention those who are pet lovers often send her photos of the animal and she has made nail art that match the photo.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSHLNGAlaOWLazGRWEPi7KaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1675720944

Perfect for your cats!  Nail art requires small nails hammered onto a back board which she then uses different colored "string" to create the art piece.  But nail art is only a small part of her business anymore.

• Like 17

Good afternoon from a windy but warm central Texas.  Our plans to take advantage of the warm weather and grill porkchops outside have been put on hold.  The wind is just too high, and we're not sure the grill would stay on long enough.

A word of warning for those of you have needed to call an ambulance in recent months.  We got a bill from one of the major ambulance companies in the US today for their services when DH was taken from rehab to the emergency room.  Medicare had already paid their part of the bill, and our supplemental policy had paid the remainder.  DH did a little research on the company, and found that many people have reported they double bill.  I doubt I can name the company, but they go by three initials.  We all need to be careful and check on any medical bill and compare it with what the insurance has paid before sending in a check.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Apparently several of us had a hard time sleeping last night.  I slept from 9:30'ish-1:30 and then was awake until well after 3am.  I even checked CC, figuring Sandi @StLouisCruisershad started the Daily, and sure enough, there it was with 2 posts. 😉  I thought of popping in and saying "HI" but went back to bed and slept until after 8:30!  Crazy, but lately I seem to do my best sleeping early and late, just not between 2-5'ish.

I like frozen yogurt but prefer ice cream.  No comment on lame ducks, and chopsticks is something I never mastered.  The meal sounds yummy, not sure what we'll be having tonight.  Last night was take-out, I painted for 6 hours and was tired.  Today I have 2 more walls and then will be done for now.  I'll pass on the drink and wine.  We've never been to Belgium, but it's somewhere I really want to go.  Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisersand Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserfor the great photos.

DD told us that they have found 2 kitten siblings they hope to adopt, so I'm excited!  She said they could have them by this weekend.  I'll be happy to have kitties in the family again and I know the boys are excited. They really miss their cats Nimbus and Parkour.  They fed/pet every cat they saw when they were in Thailand recently.  Maybe I'll have kitten photos to share soon. 🙂  

Brenda @bennybearMy sincere condolences on the death of your aunt.

Roy @rafinmdgood news that you slept better last night!

Joy @Seasick Sailorhoping nothing is broken, let us know.

@cruising sisterWelcome home but ouch about the fall!  And sorry to hear your iPad is missing.

Debbie @dfishHappy to hear your DB's surgery went well.

Thinking and praying for the poor people in Turkey.

Carolyn, I'm sorry about the sleeping issues, but good on the progress on the painting.  I'm looking forward to pictures of the new kitties.

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Yes, @Quartzsite Cruiser, I don't expect @Scrapnana will post, but I was hoping by tagging Pete & Judy @The-Inside-Cabin to trigger a response from @The-Inside-Cabinas Pete posts multiple times a day from the WC. If @The-Inside-Cabin (Pete & Judy) have heard anything from Kathi, maybe they can give a limited update without violating her privacy? 

Just a thought,

-Melisa

It would be nice if someone who reads the Daily and knows Kathi could give us an update with whatever information they feel they can devulge.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Woohoo! My new passport just arrived!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos of Brugge. I looked it up and I was there in 1998! 

@Cruising-along I'm sure the boys are excited about the possibility of new kittens.

@kazu You've got a lot going on; I hope things become easier for you soon. (((Hugs)))

@rafinmd I'm glad the church members helped you out with rides. Prayers that the additional antibiotic days help. It will take time to get stronger, and it's good you've got the rollator to help out.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, hoping for good news!

Vanessa, Woo Hoo about getting your passport back.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

It’s ok, Melissa - I’m just in a bad place and everything takes too long to do.

It’s not a good time of year for me - got the call last year that they couldn’t solve the dilema with Jose.  Couple that with being one armed and I’m just not a cheery person right now.  Saw the fleet report and Care list was covered so all is good.

I’ll be back when things are a bit better - I just have too much to do and I am too slow trying to do it.  Insurance claims, fights, potential lawyers, spread sheets.  Heck trying to bathe or wash my hair takes forever.  I’m just in a low mood and that’s no fun.  I’ll be back when I am in a better frame of mind.

Jacqui, I'm sorry this is such a rough time for you on top of struggling with the arm and insurance.  Just know, we are here for you and don't mind if you need to vent.  I wish there was more we could do to help.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:
Not a lot happened at the Doctor  Using rides to the office with 2 members of my church there is not really a lot to be said.  The Doctor did prescribe an additional 3 days of my antibiotic,

I am generally preparing my meals.  The Rollator to sit while things are on the stove is a Godsend.

Roy

Roy, glad you got rides to and from the doctor, and that he gave you more of the antibiotic.  Glad the rollator can help you prepare your meals.  

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

I have a question for @erewhonor anyone else who can help 🙂

I've been obsessing over our time in New Zealand on the Grand Australia '24 and wine. 😉  As I've mentioned before, DH and I love, love, love the Marlborough SV's.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of our ports will be near that region....our ports will be: Port Chalmers (Dunedin), Akaroa (Christchurch), Wellington, Napier, Tauranga, and Auckland.  Any advice on which port may be best for something similar to the Marlborough wines?  Oh and we only drink whites.

Thank you for any advice!

In Auckland Waiheke Island offers some great wine tours! 
 In Mexico and don’t have access to the private just us tour we used but there are many options. Google.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A word of warning for those of you have needed to call an ambulance in recent months.  We got a bill from one of the major ambulance companies in the US today for their services when DH was taken from rehab to the emergency room.  Medicare had already paid their part of the bill, and our supplemental policy had paid the remainder.  DH did a little research on the company, and found that many people have reported they double bill.  I doubt I can name the company, but they go by three initials.  We all need to be careful and check on any medical bill and compare it with what the insurance has paid before sending in a check.

If they accept Medicare and  Medicare paid them  anything at all, wait until you get your explanation of benefits (EOB) from Medicare and your supplemental plan or from your advantage plan, to see what you personally owe. Do not pay them anything w/o this.  Your EOBs will tell you what, if anything, you owe.  
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

In Auckland Waiheke Island offers some great wine tours! 
 In Mexico and don’t have access to the private just us tour we used but there are many options. Google.

Thanks Bruce, Google is my friend. 🙂   https://www.waihekeunlimited.co.nz/waiheke/vineyards/

It looks like that area is known for its reds -- is that what you found?  We drink only whites, preferably Sauvignon Blanc.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

If they accept Medicare and  Medicare paid them  anything at all, wait until you get your explanation of benefits (EOB) from Medicare and your supplemental plan or from your advantage plan, to see what you personally owe. Do not pay them anything w/o this.  Your EOBs will tell you what, if anything, you owe.  

The reason I know what Medicare and our supplement paid the ambulance service was I have the Medicare summary and the supplement's EOB showing the payments in our insurance files.  Our supplement paid what Medicare said we might owe, and the EOB showed that payment.  I just wanted to give others who have or might need to call an ambulace a heads up to double check any bill from the ambulance service.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks Bruce, Google is my friend. 🙂   https://www.waihekeunlimited.co.nz/waiheke/vineyards/

It looks like that area is known for its reds -- is that what you found?  We drink only whites, preferably Sauvignon Blanc.

In discussion with each other we enjoyed both whites and reds but usually any wine tour will adapt to personal taste or restrictions. I remember our tour also included a fantastic lunch at the top resort/restaurant on the island. B.

PS: any tour requires a beautiful ferry ride to the island.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I don’t have an hour to fiddle and get trapped in one.  .

🤣🤣🤣

Even when you're blue you can make me laugh.

Oh gosh.  I hope you were trying to make me laugh.  

• Like 12

Good evening all from the Beautiful Marriott Biscayne Bay in Miami.  

We had an uneventful drive from Titusville to Miami and almost made it without a hitch until I missed a turn getting off I-95 and ended up at the port.  After a tour of the port we had to get on the dreaded MacArthur Causeway.  What a mess!  Anyway, we finally got to the hotel and we have lovely accommodations. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite overlooking the port.

CB5C4815-2A70-4150-840F-C9B43F1DDFFA.jpeg

The hotel just opened their lounge again after being closed for three years due to Covid and is now on the Lobby floor.  It just opened this weekend and we were one of the first guests.  

We spoke to the F&B manager and made some suggestions for which we were rewarded with a treat when we returned to our room.

F6852D59-2F35-4DCD-992D-0BF4EAE07CF0.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 18

9 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning all,

I made it back from my Disney cruise. I think they pipe energy into the ship. I describe it as a cruise on steroids. I have to say the food is very good. The buffet is excellent. I guess they need to keep the parents happy. 

I will join the others who have tripped and fallen the past two weeks. My grandson cut me off with his Spider-Man suitcase and I flew over it landing on the airport floor. Just a little stiff this morning otherwise ok. The other casualty of the trip was my iPad. The hotel said they will mail It if they find it. I am not holding my breath. I will buy a new one before my surgery Thursday. Typing on my phone is very frustrating. 

Prayers to all. 

Thanks for the update on your Disney Dream cruise.  Our family is heading to Miami this weekend to go on the 5 day Marvel Cruise on the Disney Dream.  This group includes my grandkids who are 9 and 11.    This is a cruise we had to cancel 3 years ago when the oldest got sick the day we were supposed to leave.  Hearing that the food is great is awesome.    Hope you heal fast from your fall in the airport.  
Maryell

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening all from the Beautiful Marriott Biscayne Bay in Miami.  

We had an uneventful drive from Titusville to Miami and almost made it without a hitch until I missed a turn getting off I-95 and ended up at the port.  After a tour of the port we had to get on the dreaded MacArthur Causeway.  What a mess!  Anyway, we finally got to the hotel and we have lovely accommodations. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite overlooking the port.

CB5C4815-2A70-4150-840F-C9B43F1DDFFA.jpeg

The hotel just opened their lounge again after being closed for three years due to Covid and is now on the Lobby floor.  It just opened this weekend and we were one of the first guests.  

We spoke to the F&B manager and made some suggestions for which we were rewarded with a treat when we returned to our room.

F6852D59-2F35-4DCD-992D-0BF4EAE07CF0.jpeg

Glad you made it safely and took the scenic route.  Lol!  Hope your embarkation is easy and you have a great cruise.

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hi Friends,

Had my doctor visit and X-rays. Will let you know what I find out. 

I thought we'd hear something by now from Joy.  Surely they told her what the X-rays showed.  Praying it's nothing serious.🙏

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I have a lot of difficulty trying to post more than one photo.  Some day I will learn.

Anyway,  I am in the process of reading through the posts and will try to post more later.

Prayers to all on the cares list, especially those who have fallen and those with injuries and pains.

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 12

Good day and thanks for all the kind words.  I found a chatty cardinal today strangely comforting.  
@kazutake good care, wear what you like!  

I have enjoyed the photos of Bruges, a place I suggest you visit.   Never can you had enough of their chocolates, and their food was sublime not to mention Kriek!  And then the wonderful tea lattes! 
@Seasick Sailor hoping nothing is broken! 

Today is DDs birthday, hard to believe I have a child that age, lol! 
the spinners visited yesterday!  

61CB7B36-433C-4532-904A-900ACFC2A985.jpeg

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I had a friend who swore the moon was the cause of her sleeplessness for 3 nights-before the full moon, night of the full moon, and the night after. Who knows?

I was wondering if there was some strange magnetic disturbance that affected the whole earth since even Rich @richwmn was affected.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

Thanks for posting  the Locations of the Holland America Line fleet, the Daily and the Care and Celebration Lists. Another Central Otago  New Zealand  wine mentioned, have  some Quartz Reef sparking white wine in the house.    I woke several times last night, am blaming the full moon.!!

Thanks for photos of today's port. 

@rafinmd  pleased that you slept better, the Rollator is probably your new "best friend",  hope that the extra antibiotics prove effective.

@Seasick Sailor  hope that your X Ray results are available soon.

@Cruising-along  if you wish to visit a vineyard, at Napier there will be  a ship excursion to one or more of the Hawkes Bay wineries, or you can arrange your own private ezcursion. 

Otherwise all supermarkets will have a selection of Marlborough Sauvignon blancs.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Just now, erewhon said:

Thanks for posting  the Locations of the Holland America Line fleet, the Daily and the Care and Celebration Lists. Another Central Otago  New Zealand  wine mentioned, have  some Quartz Reef sparking white wine in the house.    I woke several times last night, am blaming the full moon.!!

Thanks for photos of today's port. 

@rafinmd  pleased that you slept better, the Rollator is probably your new "best friend",  hope that the extra antibiotics prove effective.

@Seasick Sailor  hope that your X Ray results are available soon.

@Cruising-along  if you wish to visit a vineyard, at Napier there will be  a ship excursion to one or more of the Hawkes Bay wineries, or you can arrange your own private ezcursion. 

Otherwise all supermarkets will have a selection of Marlborough Sauvignon blancs.

Kia Ora my friends!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thank you for responding.  I see that the Hawkes Bay area is the 2nd largest wine region in NZ, so that is most likely what we'll do. (and pick up some Marlborough wines in a grocery store). 😄

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, dfish said:

I was wondering if there was some strange magnetic disturbance that affected the whole earth since even Rich @richwmn was affected.  

4 hours ago, dfish said:

I got home this afternoon and that was the first thing I did - put on jammies.

When I got home this afternoon, I changed into pajamas and got into bed. It wasn't a difficult or especially long drive, but I was awake past midnight last night--loud packing in nearby cabins after the end of the late show in the theater--and up at 6:00 a.m. in order to be at the MDR when it opened for breakfast at 6:30. The drive did take about an hour longer than usual because I stopped more frequently, with two pairs of stops that were less than an hour apart when I felt that I needed to get out of the car for a bit, and a longer lunch break than I would usually take.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

When I got home this afternoon, I changed into pajamas and got into bed. It wasn't a difficult or especially long drive, but I was awake past midnight last night--loud packing in nearby cabins after the end of the late show in the theater--and up at 6:00 a.m. in order to be at the MDR when it opened for breakfast at 6:30. The drive did take about an hour longer than usual because I stopped more frequently, with two pairs of stops that were less than an hour apart when I felt that I needed to get out of the car for a bit, and a longer lunch break than I would usually take.

Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight Paul.  And that goes for the rest of us.  Sounds like we all need it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks for all the kind words.  I found a chatty cardinal today strangely comforting.  
@kazutake good care, wear what you like!  

I have enjoyed the photos of Bruges, a place I suggest you visit.   Never can you had enough of their chocolates, and their food was sublime not to mention Kriek!  And then the wonderful tea lattes! 
@Seasick Sailor hoping nothing is broken! 

Today is DDs birthday, hard to believe I have a child that age, lol! 
the spinners visited yesterday!  

61CB7B36-433C-4532-904A-900ACFC2A985.jpeg

Happy birthday to your Dear daughter.

happy-birthday-puppy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1