The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 22nd, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

GOod morning from a rainy Pacific Northwest, 

I see grass, I see road, and my outdoor thermometer is above freezing! I parked the car last Monday and it hasn't moved since so it's off to water aerobics today (yay!) and errands. I haven't had a lot of human interaction the last week so it will be nice to get out and actually talk to people. 

Have a good day! 

Karen

We didn't get any snow down here and Dad wanted it so bad, he knows it might be his last winter to see it.  But the weather conditions just weren't ideal.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Good Monday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Bit of a late start. Been busy this morning with grading and emails. 

Bit cold but warming up to over freezing. My car doors would not open. Not the best start to the day. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.b33b66230237eeedcaa012eadab9b7ae.png

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

We got quite a lot of snow here, for Victoria a lot anyway!, about 4 inches.  The weather lady says now there is not much chance for any more as it's an El Nino year.  Winter is over!! 

(Famous last words.)

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 26
  • Haha 4

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Some businesses could do much better with communication. Celebrations of life can bring a modicum of closure; or this could mean to Celebrate our lives daily. There's a borough manager where I live, but I've had no interaction. Excellent quote. I'd like the meal as a side dish. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine (although a bit pricey for me). We couldn't dock at Ushuaia on my SA/Antarctica cruise on Zaandam, due to high winds, although the Captain tried. I was disappointed as I wanted to go to Tierra del Fuego. We had gotten to the Falklands, and there was some talk about going to Ushuaia and the pilots, but I can't remember exactly.

We started off cold at 15F, but it's already up to 29F and we're going slightly above freezing for the first time in a while! I have no specific plans for today. Last night was bad; I slept about an hour. I'm sending a message off to the Neurosurgeon's office, that this pain has not improved and my moves to lessen it aren't working much any more. 

@richwmn I'm glad you're enjoying the cruise. Thank you for the prep work you did so the FR/Daily could go on with @kazu Jacqui's help.

@MISTER 67 Sorry about the Buccaneers' loss. Enjoy your golf game.

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps. I hope you get a good report from your Oncologist today and PCP tomorrow.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Tyler! Great Ushuaia photos.

@puppycanducruise Beautiful orchid. I hope mine will rebloom, but so far nada. I need to repot it.

@ottahand7 Good to hear you're better, but I'm sorry John is coughing and hope it doesn't turn into something. Lovely Ushuaia photos. 

@aliaschief Nice meal!

@Cruzin Terri I hope the cruise goes well for you two. Thanks for trying to post photos. 

@1ANGELCAT Good news about Steve.

@superoma I was rooting for the Lions since it had been so long. Prayers your sister has no flooding.

@RMLincoln Safe travels.

@marshhawk Good luck with Tazi at the vet. It's nice to see your Rome to home photos.

@dfish I'm glad the party was a hit. And it sounds like you made some good connections. 

@AroundWithMAPTravels Cool photos.

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for your friends. I can especially relate to Ron, as I've been suffering with this back and leg pain for 6 months now.

@ger_77 I remember that adventure of getting the elderly woman and her DH back to FL and following the post with bated breath. Of course saluting @Copper10-8 for jumping in to help. So sad to hear that the daughter Deb has passed away. She was a good daughter to her mother. Thanks for letting us know.

@0106 I'm jealous. When BFF asks where I'd like to go again, I always say Antarctica!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos.

@kochleffel I hope your cough clears soon, but I know sometimes they hang on for a while.

@atexsix I hope you can get all the help you're entitled to. 

@Vict0riann I know all about out of shape! Since I can't do much but sit, I am very deconditioned. I do still go to PT, but can't do much. Excellent photos from Ushuaia. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

My distant views of Ushuaia from the Zaandam

Approaching Ushuaia

619351814_047-12_25.18ApproachingUshuaia.thumb.jpg.69f176c6e2509b23f8e1e0e1a070edbe.jpg

442736902_050-12_25.18Ushuaia.thumb.jpg.608ee44db3e54005c348512fd2b22ecb.jpg

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 9

Good morning and thanks all! 

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  Its 27 degrees, and the computer days mostly sunny, I haven't looked yet, because here, it is still mostly dark.

I like cauliflower, much more than broccoli, but I do like them.  Especially since @dfish introduced me to roasting my veggies.

Today is walk the dog early, take Tazi cat to vet, and then fix lunch and go to work.   I got in trouble at work because I didnt use the right method of filling out the new work "time clock" forms on Saturday.  Oh well. 

DH helped me load my Rome to Home pictures yesterday.  So I will add a photo a day, with a little bit of commentary  if you guys dont mind.  I know it's months late, but since we were in all weekend, hiding from the cold, I thought, well it's now or never.

image.png.bdcb3de669f33c513096508b845effcc.png

from October-

We have arrived in Rome.  We stayed at the Hotel Nazionale-highly recommended by several Dailyites.  We were not disappointed.  We were on the first floor, (up one level) and had a room in the back.  Across from us was a room where security hung out and kept watch over the government building in the same piazza.  There was always a sign on the door that said "we were unable to clean your room" .  At first I thought it was a honeymooning couple, but there was never any food delivered.  LOL   To the right of the hotel (facing hotel) if you walked down the street was Rome's most popular Gelato place.  There was always a line to get Gelato. We found if we went in and sat down,  we got a waiter, and great service.  So why stand in line?  I have no idea.

IMG_0451.thumb.JPG.c7ebbd5771b97e186b79dd8332df4c74.JPG

Dh loved the pistachio and chocolate combo,  I am more of a pastry and coffee person.  But on our last night in Rome, my dinner was Cream Vanilla with Black Cherry Gelato.

IMG_0578.thumb.JPG.262f96c6fca86b62e321af423b09f0ae.JPG

If it's ok with you, I will add a little each day.  

Hugs to you all!

Love to hear about your adventure.   I think I know that gelato place, it’s one of the best.   It costs more to sit down and be served, hence the lines!  Either way it’s great!  

IMG_0334.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@kochleffel I hope your cough clears soon, but I know sometimes they hang on for a while

Can’t stop coughing? Persistent cough has made this virus season exhausting.
Some doctors say lingering coughs are worse than usual this winter. Others say post-pandemic patients are just more aware of coughing.

https://wapo.st/3Sojsb7

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Happy Monday!  It's in the upper 20's here, but there is a damp mist in the air.  Our back patio was clear of ice, but now it's coated with a nice glaze...

@dfishThe veggies look great today, I saved the 1st recipe. 

@ger_77Sorry to hear about Deb and her battle with cancer.  I think about her parents, and how everyone helped them get home.  

Thanks for all of the pictures and sharing!  I'm thinking good thoughts for all on the care list and "Yay!" for those cruising  and celebrating!  

Have a good day, Karen

• Like 23

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I've stayed in touch with Deb (the daughter) via FB and X, and  learned yesterday that sadly, Deb passed away a couple of days ago from stupid, stupid, stupid cancer.  Sad.

that is so sad to hear, Gerry 😔.  She worked so hard to help her parents, bless her.  My prayers for her and her family 🙏 

6 hours ago, dfish said:

Our neighborhood party was a smashing success.  Previous owners of our house came to the party and were thrilled with what we've done with it.  They didn't know the people they sold it to, but they had heard stories. 

I am delighted to hear it.  But, honestly, I have to say that I am not surprised that it was a success - nor that the prior owners are thrilled with your renovations.

Now that you two have been the hostesses with the moistest it’s time to focus on you and….

Get packing 🙂 

42 minutes ago, bennybear said:

IMG_0334.jpeg

Your pictures are always so exquisite 👍 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  The expected rain is just about here according to the weather radar, and it will probably last until early evening.  It is a chilly 58F with the breeze and humidity.  I can see it's beginning to rain just west of us.

This morning I got our specialty dining reservations made for the HIA dinners, and two shore excursions booked, one as a back up to the preferred excursion that is waitlisted.  I think except for packing, we are all set for our cruise to Hawaii next week.  

4 hours ago, luvteaching said:

GOod morning from a rainy Pacific Northwest, 

I see grass, I see road, and my outdoor thermometer is above freezing! I parked the car last Monday and it hasn't moved since so it's off to water aerobics today (yay!) and errands. I haven't had a lot of human interaction the last week so it will be nice to get out and actually talk to people. 

Have a good day! 

Karen

Karen, I'm happy that you can escape and make it water aerobics and run errands today.

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Business Communication Day reminds me of when I taught business English at Katharine Gibbs, the white-glove secretarial school, in Boston. By the time I taught there, white gloves were no longer required, but I was required to follow, and enforce, the school's dress code. Connecting with yesterday's special day, he told me that I had to wear socks, but they could be any color or pattern.

I often roast broccoli or cauliflower, and the two together are my favorite vegetable dish for the Passover seder because they don't have to be cooked at the last minute. Today's cocktail doesn't call itself a martini, but it is one, just with an onion instead of an olive. So there, pseudotinis! For a red blend, I'll again suggest Fulkerson's, made with the Noiret grape, developed at Cornell. I haven't been to Ushaia.

Writing about the cocktail and the wine brings to mind that Saturday is the last day I'll be able to drink any alcohol for about three weeks, and today is the last day I can take ibuprofen.

I still have a productive cough, but I'm no longer coughing uncontrollably. Yesterday, in a Zoom meeting, I typed everything I needed to say into the chat pane, because I couldn't finish a sentence without coughing.

The area west of here, south of Buffalo, has frequent forecasts for bands of snow.

snowband.jpg.e84b05faa51618be2d0281d55355c9b8.jpg

Paull, I love the Lake Effect Snow Band.

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

We didn't get any snow down here and Dad wanted it so bad, he knows it might be his last winter to see it.  But the weather conditions just weren't ideal.  

Bruno, I hope you will get enough snow for your Dad to see, but not enough to cause major problems otherwise.  Is there anyway, you could arrange for transport to take him to an area with snow?

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 

Love to hear about your adventure.   I think I know that gelato place, it’s one of the best.   It costs more to sit down and be served, hence the lines!  Either way it’s great!  

IMG_0334.jpeg

Beautiful sunset, Brenda.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Some businesses could do much better with communication. Celebrations of life can bring a modicum of closure; or this could mean to Celebrate our lives daily. There's a borough manager where I live, but I've had no interaction. Excellent quote. I'd like the meal as a side dish. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine (although a bit pricey for me). We couldn't dock at Ushuaia on my SA/Antarctica cruise on Zaandam, due to high winds, although the Captain tried. I was disappointed as I wanted to go to Tierra del Fuego. We had gotten to the Falklands, and there was some talk about going to Ushuaia and the pilots, but I can't remember exactly.

We started off cold at 15F, but it's already up to 29F and we're going slightly above freezing for the first time in a while! I have no specific plans for today. Last night was bad; I slept about an hour. I'm sending a message off to the Neurosurgeon's office, that this pain has not improved and my moves to lessen it aren't working much any more. 

@richwmn I'm glad you're enjoying the cruise. Thank you for the prep work you did so the FR/Daily could go on with @kazu Jacqui's help.

@MISTER 67 Sorry about the Buccaneers' loss. Enjoy your golf game.

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps. I hope you get a good report from your Oncologist today and PCP tomorrow.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Tyler! Great Ushuaia photos.

@puppycanducruise Beautiful orchid. I hope mine will rebloom, but so far nada. I need to repot it.

@ottahand7 Good to hear you're better, but I'm sorry John is coughing and hope it doesn't turn into something. Lovely Ushuaia photos. 

@aliaschief Nice meal!

@Cruzin Terri I hope the cruise goes well for you two. Thanks for trying to post photos. 

@1ANGELCAT Good news about Steve.

@superoma I was rooting for the Lions since it had been so long. Prayers your sister has no flooding.

@RMLincoln Safe travels.

@marshhawk Good luck with Tazi at the vet. It's nice to see your Rome to home photos.

@dfish I'm glad the party was a hit. And it sounds like you made some good connections. 

@AroundWithMAPTravels Cool photos.

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for your friends. I can especially relate to Ron, as I've been suffering with this back and leg pain for 6 months now.

@ger_77 I remember that adventure of getting the elderly woman and her DH back to FL and following the post with bated breath. Of course saluting @Copper10-8 for jumping in to help. So sad to hear that the daughter Deb has passed away. She was a good daughter to her mother. Thanks for letting us know.

@0106 I'm jealous. When BFF asks where I'd like to go again, I always say Antarctica!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos.

@kochleffel I hope your cough clears soon, but I know sometimes they hang on for a while.

@atexsix I hope you can get all the help you're entitled to. 

@Vict0riann I know all about out of shape! Since I can't do much but sit, I am very deconditioned. I do still go to PT, but can't do much. Excellent photos from Ushuaia. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

My distant views of Ushuaia from the Zaandam

Approaching Ushuaia

619351814_047-12_25.18ApproachingUshuaia.thumb.jpg.69f176c6e2509b23f8e1e0e1a070edbe.jpg

442736902_050-12_25.18Ushuaia.thumb.jpg.608ee44db3e54005c348512fd2b22ecb.jpg

Vanessa, I'm sorry last night was such a bad night.  I hope your message to the neurosurgeon can get you moved up and get the procedure done.  You've been through enough without the "turtle speed" of the medical system.  I hope you can get a nap in this afternoon.

Lenda 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Remember I said the Amazon driver ran over a neighbor's mailbox and kindly stopped to report it to the owners?  Well DH was outside a while ago checking out some pesky crows pecking on the roof ridge here at our house and the house across the street.  The neighbors whose mailbox was destroyed pulled into their driveway so DH asked what did you think about your mailbox being hit.  They said we were out of town until Sunday so no one was home!  And he left no note!  They had no idea who did it.  So DH told him the story of the dog running loose, me coming into the room to see the dog and then seeing the whole accident happening.  He told them we took photos of the truck and driver and they asked us to send them to their email.  They are contacting Amazon and needed time and date and especially the license plate number, truck # and we even had the driver's face when he walked up to the truck from delivering across the street from us.  We have no idea if he even reported it, but now they should be able to get all costs reimbursed and it won't be cheap.  I'm glad we didn't just delete the photos from the camera thinking he had spoken with them already.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Vanessa, I'm sorry last night was such a bad night.  I hope your message to the neurosurgeon can get you moved up and get the procedure done.  You've been through enough without the "turtle speed" of the medical system.  I hope you can get a nap in this afternoon.

Lenda 

Lenda, thanks. I do have some good news. I sent the message to the NS and her nurse answered. I had told her I had no way to contact the radiologist and hoped they could. The nurse was able to contact someone, who said they had gotten the disk, and they would be calling me tomorrow. Of course I have PT in the afternoon and another appointment, so I'll have to forward my home phone to my cell phone if they haven't called by noon. We also discussed some change in meds to perhaps help the pain. I'm not sure yet about that. So some progress. I'm not usually one to advocate a lot for myself, but this pain made me do it.

@StLouisCruisers Wow, great that you took pictures of the Amazon truck and driver. That'll help your neighbors out immensely.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Remember I said the Amazon driver ran over a neighbor's mailbox and kindly stopped to report it to the owners?  Well DH was outside a while ago checking out some pesky crows pecking on the roof ridge here at our house and the house across the street.  The neighbors whose mailbox was destroyed pulled into their driveway so DH asked what did you think about your mailbox being hit.  They said we were out of town until Sunday so no one was home!  And he left no note!  They had no idea who did it.  So DH told him the story of the dog running loose, me coming into the room to see the dog and then seeing the whole accident happening.  He told them we took photos of the truck and driver and they asked us to send them to their email.  They are contacting Amazon and needed time and date and especially the license plate number, truck # and we even had the driver's face when he walked up to the truck from delivering across the street from us.  We have no idea if he even reported it, but now they should be able to get all costs reimbursed and it won't be cheap.  I'm glad we didn't just delete the photos from the camera thinking he had spoken with them already.  

Wow on no note 😡. So glad you had the pics for them.  You are a good neighbour ♥️ 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Lenda, thanks. I do have some good news. I sent the message to the NS and her nurse answered. I had told her I had no way to contact the radiologist and hoped they could. The nurse was able to contact someone, who said they had gotten the disk, and they would be calling me tomorrow. Of course I have PT in the afternoon and another appointment, so I'll have to forward my home phone to my cell phone if they haven't called by noon. We also discussed some change in meds to perhaps help the pain. I'm not sure yet about that. So some progress. I'm not usually one to advocate a lot for myself, but this pain made me do it.

@StLouisCruisers Wow, great that you took pictures of the Amazon truck and driver. That'll help your neighbors out immensely.

I hope things start moving along faster for you now.  At least the radiologist got the disc.  Good idea to forward the home phone to the cell.  We've had to do that occasionally.  You can be home for a week but the moment you leave the house for an appointment is when those important calls come through.  Hope the change in meds can do you some good, too.

Just now, kazu said:

Wow on no note 😡. So glad you had the pics for them.  You are a good neighbour ♥️ 

Thanks Jacqui!  I feel a little like a snitch but shouldn't. They were most grateful, and neighborhoods have those Neighborhood Watches for things like this, don't they?  I know I'd be happy if someone was watching out for me!

• Like 16

Good day from snowy Hamilton. Thanks for the daily report and the fabulous pictures. We are having chicken parm with rigatoni. This has been the third day for pasta. Wonder why I can’t fasten my jeans. Well I just love White Linen sauce from Costco so we have that with everything.

looks like a warmer week for us. 
Prayers to everyone not well and burn giorno to all 

• Like 20

@StLouisCruisersI need neighbors like you!  And about 20 cop cars in this neighborhood.  AFter we got home from the vet's we decided to go get lunch from Chick fil A-saw a car speed up, go around a stopped car, run the red light and fly into our neighborhood doing about 80 in a 25 mile zone.  I looked at DH and said, I bet he runs the stop sign too.  A perfect place for a cop to be on a nice day like today.

I say nice day, as it is still somewhat sunny, and a whopping 48 degrees.  Get out the bikini!...not.

Just a few more pictures of the hotel, and a place to dine-and then i'll get into the artsy fartsy stuff (which I love)

The hotel room, on the bed are two of our gnomes.  Actually these gnomes are our gnomes pets, but they were smaller and easier to travel with-  you do know I'm a bit weird...right?

IMG_0510.thumb.JPG.c3561ef910df228889da9e1c1b0eca0f.JPG

IMG_0511.thumb.JPG.cac72ddb5613175691fa038933ab7ab9.JPG

IMG_0512.thumb.JPG.877f97298b8100fee592728377c4a3da.JPG

IMG_0513.thumb.JPG.5102173c3b2b200cd8cdce5224f46fcb.JPG

There was a breakfast buffet on the lower level every day, and this was my favorite breakfast.  It reminded me of the Swiss finishing school I went to in my teens.  ( I was thrown out after my second summer there, so I am unfinished)  But the bread....OMG!

IMG_0580.thumb.JPG.2e3c99f84438318313a9254a766ec84b.JPG

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 5

@StLouisCruisers Sandi - you feel like a snitch, really? For helping out a neighbor, or anyone for that matter. Even if the driver reported it, how would anyone know until Amazon contacted your neighbor? Get that “snitch” notion right out of your head.

@marshhawk that was my favorite Italian hotel. Amazing location, wonderful breakfast and so close to that Gelato!

Blue Springs State Park has already counted more than 1,000 manatees this past weekend. Not sure how clear the pics will show them, so I will try posting them without reducing their size. 🤞🏻

BTW a group of manatees is called an aggregation. 😎

IMG_2460.thumb.jpeg.a4fe3c97d31ff3078ae444fecac62100.jpeg

IMG_2459.thumb.jpeg.11475ea2e7bf689c4acc39ebe0d7bfec.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Just an update.

I thought I was doing really well with the two surgical wounds on my legs. 

Well, guess what.  Last night I could not sleep because both sites were so itchy.  I finally got up and washed both again and put on new dressing.  Today the same thing all day.  

Called Mayo Clinic and spoke with Dematology.  Sent them photos.

Obviously they did not like what they saw.

They want to see me tomorrow at 11 am.  

So we will leave at 7:30 am to make that appointment.  We will come home the same day.

Say a prayer that they can clean out the two wounds tomorrow.

Will update when I get home tomorrow night.

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 10

Good Evening, tonight’s dinner was almost like I was on a BHB.  The butter chicken sauce was so good! On my next trip to Aldi I’ll get more.  The drawback was that I had to cook!🤣 Even DH liked it!  

• Like 22

16 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just an update.

Well, guess what.  Last night I could not sleep because both sites were so itchy.  I finally got up and washed both again and put on new dressing.  Today the same thing all day.  

So we will leave at 7:30 am to make that appointment.  We will come home the same day.

Terri

I hope that this can be resolved quickly.

• Like 15

50 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisersI need neighbors like you!  And about 20 cop cars in this neighborhood.  AFter we got home from the vet's we decided to go get lunch from Chick fil A-saw a car speed up, go around a stopped car, run the red light and fly into our neighborhood doing about 80 in a 25 mile zone.  I looked at DH and said, I bet he runs the stop sign too.  A perfect place for a cop to be on a nice day like today.

I say nice day, as it is still somewhat sunny, and a whopping 48 degrees.  Get out the bikini!...not.

Just a few more pictures of the hotel, and a place to dine-and then i'll get into the artsy fartsy stuff (which I love)

The hotel room, on the bed are two of our gnomes.  Actually these gnomes are our gnomes pets, but they were smaller and easier to travel with-  you do know I'm a bit weird...right?

IMG_0510.thumb.JPG.c3561ef910df228889da9e1c1b0eca0f.JPG

IMG_0511.thumb.JPG.cac72ddb5613175691fa038933ab7ab9.JPG

IMG_0512.thumb.JPG.877f97298b8100fee592728377c4a3da.JPG

IMG_0513.thumb.JPG.5102173c3b2b200cd8cdce5224f46fcb.JPG

There was a breakfast buffet on the lower level every day, and this was my favorite breakfast.  It reminded me of the Swiss finishing school I went to in my teens.  ( I was thrown out after my second summer there, so I am unfinished)  But the bread....OMG!

IMG_0580.thumb.JPG.2e3c99f84438318313a9254a766ec84b.JPG

Thank you Annie.  It would be great to have a kind-hearted lady like you nearby!  Your Rome hotel was very nice.  Looks quite comfortable.  Thank you for the pictures and am enjoying the food pics, too.

30 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@StLouisCruisers Sandi - you feel like a snitch, really? For helping out a neighbor, or anyone for that matter. Even if the driver reported it, how would anyone know until Amazon contacted your neighbor? Get that “snitch” notion right out of your head.

@marshhawk that was my favorite Italian hotel. Amazing location, wonderful breakfast and so close to that Gelato!

Blue Springs State Park has already counted more than 1,000 manatees this past weekend. Not sure how clear the pics will show them, so I will try posting them without reducing their size. 🤞🏻

Thank you Ann!  I feel better now.  🙂  The manatee photos are cool.  That's quite an aggregation!  I remember visiting friends at the Villages and they took us to see where they kayaked and saw manatees.  Nowhere near that many I'm sure!

13 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just an update.

Terri

That's sounds terrible, Terri.  I'm sorry you have to get up and drive down there tomorrow but they must know what's best for you.  Too bad they aren't located closer to Bluffton because that's a long way to go for tests, doctor visits, etc.  Prayers for a good result for you and a safe drive tomorrow.  Sorry you have to do all that driving in one single day.  You may be too tired to update tomorrow night so don't overdo and stay up late when you get home.  Get your rest!

• Like 12

The rain finally arrived, and it's been raining steadily for quite sometime.  As of a minute ago, we'd gotten 0.44 inches according to the digital rain gauge.  I'm not going to check the other rain gauge since it's still raining steadily.  There is standing water in the yard, and it was reported on FB that the washes were running.  I'm glad we don't have to go anywhere today.  I hope all this rain means that the wildflowers will be pretty this year.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, you did the right thing about letting your neighbors know what happened and sharing your photos with them.  

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, thanks for letting us know you heard from the nurse.  I'm glad she had some ideas about changing the medicines and that she was able to contact the radiologist.  I hope the radiologist follows through and calls tomorrow.  If not keep bugging everyone.  It's time the squeaky wheel got squeakier.

52 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Ann, thanks for the pictures of the manatees.  I remember we stopped at Manatee Springs State Park about 35 years ago, and saw the manatees.  Such interesting animals.

35 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just an update.

Terri

Oh Terri, I'm sorry about this latest development.  Safe travels to and from Jacksonville tomorrow.  I hope they have an easy solution to whatever is happening.  Update us when you have the energy.

Lenda

• Like 19

@atexsix Bruno - my heart goes out to you. Watching a love one go through what your Dad is is exhausting and heartbreaking. Words seem so shallow, but I hope you find a way to cherish the moments you have with him and you take a breath when you need to. You & your dad are in my thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 14