The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday March 5th,

kazu

Absinthe was our DOTD on January 28

If the chicken dish contains ranch dressing, or tastes like it, I will pass. I'd like the drink. No Rioja in the FL so I'll go with Glenora's Cabernet Sauvignon 2021.

Dentist at 12:00 and teaching Ezra, Nehemiah, and Ruth at 7:30.

dropboxandferrets.thumb.jpg.e13d81bc4039b0568785335723a19c2e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 20

Unusual question, but is anyone else having trouble accessing their FB account?  Mine isn't working and I can't seem to install a new password either.  I'm hoping it's a glitch and I haven't been hacked.

• Like 10

Just now, ger_77 said:

Unusual question, but is anyone else having trouble accessing their FB account?  Mine isn't working and I can't seem to install a new password either.  I'm hoping it's a glitch and I haven't been hacked.

Yes. Before trying to set a new password, I checked another device that should have been logged in, and it had also been signed out. So I think that Spacehook's login system is broken.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

Yes, I am.  Got in earlier but not now.

• Like 12

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Welcome back and moving closer to me. I also like Celebrity and will be on the Reflection in little over a week. Are you keeping your same golf buddies?

Yep, still at the same club, 3 miles away instead of a half mile.

Enjoy your Reflection cruise.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 13

No problem here with Facebook.  

I snaked out the drains this morning and the utility glove got caught in the snake and twisted.  We had to cut my thumb out.  It has pinked up nicely, I can move it with no pain, squeeze it with no pain, but it still feels like I slept on it.  I can feel with it.  It just has that pins and needles feeling to it.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Holey crud - this day started early & fast and just keeps flying.

Temp was 64° headed to 81° on my first attempt to post.

Work, work, work today.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 🙏

20240305_084116.thumb.jpg.629acc4a3482becd9c234371dc7a8765.jpg

• Like 20

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu, @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

Dissociative Identity Disorder is hopefully diagnosed and treated appropriately. I won't celebrate Absinthe. I haven't had a cheese doodle in years and years, but like them. True quote. The meal sounds good, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Iraklion. 2 good days in history.

It's another lovely day here, already 68F and sunny. We made 74 yesterday. Then cool again. I did laundry yesterday, which wore me out going up and down the stairs. So I did some sorting of papers in the evening, after a bit more work on the china cabinet. I also scheduled the furniture repair person for Friday to look at my DR chairs and to pick new seat fabric. I was up too late, but slept fairly ok. I will be going to PT in a couple of hours. I think this warmer weather has brought the pollen early; I feel like my grass/tree allergies are starting up. Also the local news is warning about ticks being out early; we have a very high incidence of Lyme disease here.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy Birthday to Steve! And thanks for the memes and photos.

@marshhawk Prayers that all goes well with Chuck's procedure. Yikes on the woman you lived next door to.

@summer slope Thank you for our daily drink recipes.

@StLouisCruisers Wonderful photos from Iraklion.

@grapau27 Thinking of you (and Pauline) on your Dad's memory day.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. Before I had the injections, PT wasn't doing much as I couldn't do much because of pain. Now I'm trying to rebuild strength, but have to temper my enthusiasm so I don't overdo it. Yikes on that snaking incident! Glad you're ok.

@Nickelpenny I'd have a hard time on that cruise with all the bugs! Ewww. 

@Heartgrove I am so sorry to hear about Sam. With all that pain you did what was best for him, but it still rips your heart out to do it. 

@MISTER 67 I'm glad you had a nice cruise before coming back to the hard work of moving.

@ger_77 I hope Wayne is able to get home safely soon. I too had trouble accessing my FB account. I'm normally signed in all the time, but I had to log in and it didn't want to accept the right PW. I kept at it, afraid it would lock me out, and finally I got in.

@rafinmd I was glad to hear that the Oncologist was pleased with your PSA level. 

@cat shepard Your DSis is fortunate to have you to advocate for her while she is hospitalized. Prayers for continued recovery for her.

@ottahand7 Great news about the pain improving! 

@smitty34877 I worry about having an advocate, as other than BFF, I don't have anyone. We are each other's decision makers and advocates.

@RedneckBob I was wondering where you were.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Welcome back and moving closer to me. I also like Celebrity and will be on the Reflection in little over a week. Are you keeping your same golf buddies?

I hope you have an awesome cruise next week @RedneckBob

Screenshot_20240305_174931.jpg

• Like 11

Good morning, Dailyites!  @Heartgrove, I'm sorry about your well-loved Sam, it's a difficult decision to make, but the kindest thing to do.  And @marshhawk, I hope Chuck's surgery went well.  Have a good nap.  

Still some snow on the ground here, but it should melt as the day warms,  The hummingbirds are not happy with our weather, and this is the week of our annual flower count!

I need to ask a favour - I need a recipe for a carrot cake.  No pineapple or raisins, just nuts, and grated carrots please, not whizzed in a blender.  I was looking on line and nothing appeals to me.  I have been buying a carrot cake (Pat's favourite) from the grocery store for the last few years but they suddenly discontinued it.  I used to make one but I can't find the recipe.   Thanks in advance!

We were in Heraklion, with our DD,  in 2016 on a Prinsendam 42-day cruise in the Med.  It was a wonderful time.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@Vict0riann  Here's my recipe for carrot cake (best served with cream cheese frosting),   I hope Pat likes it.

2 cup sugar

2 cup all purpose flour

2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp cinnamon (you could use 1 tsp, but I'm not a big fan of cinnamon)

3 cup shredded carrots

1 1/4 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

Mix first 4 ingredients together in large bowl.  In second bowl, combine oil, eggs and vanilla.

Combine oil mixture with dry ingredients.  Fold in carrots.

Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.  Bake @350 for 35 minutes.

Ice cold cake with frosting:

Cream cheese frosting

1/2 cup butter

226 gm (8oz) package cream cheese

1 tsp vanilla

3 cup icing sugar

Whip butter and cream cheese.  Stir in vanilla.  Carefully beat in icing sugar a bit at a time.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu, @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

Dissociative Identity Disorder is hopefully diagnosed and treated appropriately. I won't celebrate Absinthe. I haven't had a cheese doodle in years and years, but like them. True quote. The meal sounds good, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Iraklion. 2 good days in history.

It's another lovely day here, already 68F and sunny. We made 74 yesterday. Then cool again. I did laundry yesterday, which wore me out going up and down the stairs. So I did some sorting of papers in the evening, after a bit more work on the china cabinet. I also scheduled the furniture repair person for Friday to look at my DR chairs and to pick new seat fabric. I was up too late, but slept fairly ok. I will be going to PT in a couple of hours. I think this warmer weather has brought the pollen early; I feel like my grass/tree allergies are starting up. Also the local news is warning about ticks being out early; we have a very high incidence of Lyme disease here.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy Birthday to Steve! And thanks for the memes and photos.

@marshhawk Prayers that all goes well with Chuck's procedure. Yikes on the woman you lived next door to.

@summer slope Thank you for our daily drink recipes.

@StLouisCruisers Wonderful photos from Iraklion.

@grapau27 Thinking of you (and Pauline) on your Dad's memory day.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. Before I had the injections, PT wasn't doing much as I couldn't do much because of pain. Now I'm trying to rebuild strength, but have to temper my enthusiasm so I don't overdo it. Yikes on that snaking incident! Glad you're ok.

@Nickelpenny I'd have a hard time on that cruise with all the bugs! Ewww. 

@Heartgrove I am so sorry to hear about Sam. With all that pain you did what was best for him, but it still rips your heart out to do it. 

@MISTER 67 I'm glad you had a nice cruise before coming back to the hard work of moving.

@ger_77 I hope Wayne is able to get home safely soon. I too had trouble accessing my FB account. I'm normally signed in all the time, but I had to log in and it didn't want to accept the right PW. I kept at it, afraid it would lock me out, and finally I got in.

@rafinmd I was glad to hear that the Oncologist was pleased with your PSA level. 

@cat shepard Your DSis is fortunate to have you to advocate for her while she is hospitalized. Prayers for continued recovery for her.

@ottahand7 Great news about the pain improving! 

@smitty34877 I worry about having an advocate, as other than BFF, I don't have anyone. We are each other's decision makers and advocates.

@RedneckBob I was wondering where you were.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Thank you for your kind words Vanessa @JazzyV.

Best wishes.

Graham xx.

• Like 10

Good morning and thanks all!  Hard to keep up being so far west where it’s still breakfast time!  

Crete is our other favourite island.   We’ve visited Heraklion and the museum is great but we highly recommend a lot longer stay, as the rest of this huge island is absolutely beautiful and three several week long trips have not been enough.  

IMG_1369.jpeg

IMG_1379.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

IMG_1459.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_1553.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg

IMG_1630.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Thank you all for your well wishes for Catmando.  They just called and said he was ready for pick up at 2:30.    And I dont pick him up at the pick up place, but front of hospital.  Could his nurse Brenda be confused?  I slept for a little over an hour, I was hoping for 3, as I only got 2 hours sleep last night, but this means I can go to bed early. ( I hope). 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

Posted (edited)

@Quartzsite Cruiser  happy birthday to Steve!  

@marshhawk praying all goes well for Chuck! 

@ottahand7 glad the surgery went well! 

@StLouisCruisers glad you found a safe place for your DGD,  can’t put a price on that! 

@cat shepard so glad you are there to advocate for your sister,  although so exhausting.

@Quartzsite Cruiser great photos of Knossos,  do go back so much to see in Crete.   

Good news our dear granddog is home where DGD can look after him.  

IMG_0914.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Yep, still at the same club, 3 miles away instead of a half mile.

Enjoy your Reflection cruise.

As I drive by Port Charlotte in 11 days at about 8 AM I promise I will not yell fore!  😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 7