The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday April 4th, 2024

kazu

Today is Jeep 4x4 Day, Victims of Violence Wholly Day, and Vitamin C Day

We accept the love we think we deserve.--Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Meal Suggestion for today - Leftovers
Drink of the Day - French 75
Wine of the Day - Burgans Albarino 
Destination of the Day - Galway, Ireland 

Today in History:
1789 1st US Congress begins regular sessions during George Washington's presidency at Federal Hall, NYC (ending 1791)

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 04-06

Koningsdam

Santa Barbara CA, California 07:00 - 17:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Nassau, Bahamas, New Providence Island eta 04-05

Nieuw Statendam

St Thomas Island USVI, Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands 07:00 - 16:00 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 04-05

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos eta 04-05

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 04-06

Zaandam

Huatulco, Mexico - 11:00 - 18:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Sydney, NSW Australia eta 04-06

Westerdam

Sakaiminato-Matsue, Japan Tottori 08:00 - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

Victoria, Seychelles - 18:00

• Like 15
  • Thanks 25

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

Passing of Ger_77’s friend Gord on 3/31/2024

Passing of CrabbyPatti’s great Aunt Alice on 3/31/2024, age 98

RMLincoln’s DSIL back in the hospital, not doing well

Summer slope’s friend Mike in ICU with pneumonia, and his DW Sue

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

7 World Central Kitchen aid workers killed in Gaza 4/1/2024

Taiwan 7.4 magnitude earthquake

Baltimore Key Bridge collapse, 6 people presumed dead

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

AncientWanderer’s DH with heart aneurysm

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy

Kazu having leg burning and pain

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

USN59-79 and family in Taiwan are safe

Horizon chaser 1957’s DD in Taiwan is safe

Quartzsite Cruiser back home in TX

RMLincoln’s DH Richard’s successful outcome from his January eye surgery!

Kazu getting a sitter for Ivan

USN59-79 in Taipei

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Lobsternight (Koningsdam April 5 to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse, Mexican Riviera and Hawaii

2 days for richwmn (Volendam next segment Apr 6 to Apr 21) 15d PC cruise

3 days for Heartgrove’s DW and DSIL (Rotterdam April 7 to April 13) 6d Western Caribbean

3 days for Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure

3 days for Vict0riann (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to Apr 21) 14d 14 Night Bermuda, Brittany & The English Channel Expedition

GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Smmessineo (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, POA1 & Huskerchick (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, Ocean sounds (Zaandam to Apr 13) 14d Solar Eclipse & Mexican Riviera, SusieKIslandGirl (Discovery Princess to Apr 13) 10d Mexican Riviera with Total Solar Eclipse, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam Mar 31 to April 7) B2B 7d E. Caribbean + (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 27

It’s 5 PM here and will be looking at TGIF tomorrow and our arrival to the most expensive city in the world. We’ll have an overnight and two full days of excursions. The seas were glassy today. This will be our last full segment before we start our 34 day detour around Africa after Dubai.
We’ll have approximately 630 guest on this next leg then the ship will be all ours. Figure around 120 but that will drop even more when many of us go on a mini safari starting in Port Stanley. We’ll fly out of Capetown to Wavis Bay to rejoin ship. 
It’s off to cocktails and tonight we dine with our Canadian friend in Aqualina the Italian specialty restaurant.

Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Good morning.

It is partly sunny and 42°F in North East England.

Thank you for today's edition of the D&FR Jacqui and Roy who are ably assisted by Anne, Debbie,Dixie and Vanessa with the F&B and lists and Lenda and Sandi with amazing photos.

3 important days.

We both take a 1000mg tablet of Vitamin C every day.

I will pass on the food and drink.

Prayers for all on our care list with an extra prayer for Terry's @smitty34877 Tana.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

Screenshot_20240404_112158.jpg

Screenshot_20240404_112234.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool and rainy today but not as bad as originally forecast. 

We support all victims of violence and pray for their recovery.

Good quote.

I think we'll have leftovers for dinner tonight.  I hope the drink and wine will be good too.

I've been to Ireland but not Galway.

Prayers for so many. 

Have a good day.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

65 right now, sunny skies coming up with a high of 77.

We had a front come through yesterday with 35 MPH winds, I manage to shoot an 80, considering the conditions I was quite happy especially after my lousy round on Monday. 
I didn’t post yesterday because of an early tee time but I’d take a Yogi Berra quote over a Marilyn Monroe quote any day of the week.

Good selection of days but I’m not sure about the quote.

Leftovers again? Actually some meals taste better the next day.

I’ve only been to Ireland once as we had an medical emergency stop in Shannon on a flight from Athens to JFK.

I’m a big Tampa Bay Lightning fan and over the last 4 weeks they have been the best team in the NHL and will be tough in the Stanley Cup Playoffs plus we have the best goalie in the NHL. 

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

French 75 cocktail:

French 75 is a cocktail made from gin, champagne, lemon juice, and sugar. It is also called a 75 Cocktail, or in French simply a Soixante Quinze. The drink dates to World War I, and an early form was created in 1915 at the New York Bar in Paris—later Harry's New York Bar—by barman Harry MacElhone. Wikipedia

Main alcohol: Champagne
Ingredients:
 1 oz Gin
1/2 oz Lemon juice
2 Dashes Simple syrup
2 oz Champagne

Preparation: Combine gin, syrup, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into an iced champagne glass. Top up with Champagne. Stir gently.
Drinkware: Champagne flute
Served: Straight up; without ice

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 6.42.48 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 21

Posted (edited)

I can support Victims of Violence Wholly Day - inclusion is good, discrimination & violence are intolerable. Vitamin C is a good thing any day. We will be having leftovers tonight. Not been to the port.

@smitty34877 prayers 🙏 continue tor Tana, you and family. 

@aliaschiefyour revised itinerary sounds amazing  - continued safe travels; love seeing your pictures. 

Today is work, work, work & a trip to pick up meds (not the one from neurologist).

Yesterday's meeting w/the boss was reduced to half hour (usually scheduled for an hr); he briefly reviewed the guide I'm working on, told me about several high level lay offs then said he needed to go. He was a few minutes late to a training session I was leading that was right after the call we had, but he was there then I didn'thear from him the rest of the day. So, I'll just continue working as long as the wages continue showing up. I will no longer let him frazzle me.

Eye Dr wants to do 2 procedures & will not file on insurance saying neither are covered. Thank goodness we maxed FSA contributions this year, although that was planned for my shoulder surgery. Need to decide which to do this year & which to delay to next year. Currently, one is scheduled 4/15 (1st in series of 4), the other is 4/23. I won't see the shoulder surgeon before either of those dates, so I will have to make the decision w/o discussing with him. I'm leaning toward the eye procedures now & delay shoulder surgery. 

Currently 46° headed to sunny 82°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240404_052437.thumb.jpg.99b1e58da96cd6ee353d4a50a4aefcff.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  It's a cool 43F this morning but we shall see sunny skies and a high of 63 today, though somewhat windy again.  Apparently the weather was not good in Bradenton Florida yesterday for soccer tournament purposes and all matches were postponed until today.  Winds earlier in the day were 30 mph with gusts of 50 mph, and then severe thunderstorms came through in the afternoon.  That gave the teams two full days off of play.  

Thanks to Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  A nice day to celebrate Jeep 4 x 4's, the Victims of Violence Wholly Day and vitamin C.  Thanks Graham @grapau27 for the explanation of the second day and its correlation with MLK Jr.'s assassination on April 4, 1968.  I love the leftovers as our menu suggestion because who hasn't had leftovers for dinner before?  No idea what the drink or wine is so will pass.  An interesting day in history concerning the U.S. Congress.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports, and it will be fun to see what Debbie makes of our menu suggestion.

Prayers for the Care list people, DB and great nephew Alex's twins, friends Scott, Susan, and Sandy, the people at war in Ukraine and Israel, the hostages, and our military in the region.  Congrats to the many cruising and preparing to cruise, and those celebrating special events!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the list updates!

The port of the day is Galway, Ireland, a first timer here so no links today.  I was due to visit that port on a Prinsendam cruise but due to very bad weather in the area we were forced to adjust the itinerary and go elsewhere.  I am always sad when that happens in Ireland because all of the ports are so beautiful and interesting in that area.  

I was very busy yesterday and didn't get back to the Daily early enough though I made sure to read all the posts before bedtime.  So let me respond to a few of those posts.  First, I am so saddened to hear that Tana is doing poorly and needing maximum oxygen.  I'm glad she is still able to communicate her wishes, and grateful to hear there will be help during the night so the family can get some much needed rest.  Prayers of course for her and the teenager, and the entire family who cares for Tana so well.🙏  Next, welcome home Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser.  Glad you two made it safely to Texas.  Jack @Heartgrove I'm sorry to hear of the MSC cancellations and hope you can un-arrange your plans and book something else.  We are still booked on the Volendam cruise in November that you mentioned roundtrip FLL but haven't made a final decision on it.  It's the one that stopped in Ashdod and Haifa originally, the reason we booked it.  If we go I hope to see you there!  Dixie @summer slope how are Mike and his wife Sue doing?  Hope he is recovering from the double pneumonia.  Debbie @dfish I'm sorry to hear about the stye but at least you have some meds and a course of action for that.  Good to hear the nerve ablation procedure is on.  It's good news to hear that Ray and Sara @USN59-79 and the DD of @Horizon chaser 1957 are safe in Taiwan.  That was scary!  Joy @Seasick Sailor prayers that Allen's biopsies come back negative!  The same for Vanessa's @JazzyV BFF's biopsies.  I also hope to hear the pain is not quite as bad each day while you wait for your surgery.  Also a little more sleep would be welcome.  Pennie @Nickelpenny congrats on make 4 Star mariner!  

Well, better go get busy.  No plans except stay home and get things done.  The little lamb I'm stitching is going quite slowly for some reason.  

Hope you all have a wonderful day.  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

Good Thursday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Rain should be tapering off today. We shall see. My yard looks like a swamp after several days of rain. Not a whole lot going on. Seeing a few clients and then teaching my class this evening. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

95 Joyfully Funny Thursday Memes for Dump A Day – ExplorePic

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Happy Anniversary to NATO, celebrating 75 years of collective defense.

It looks like we have solved our Fall cruise problem. I usually work up different itineraries when planning so we are going to use one of those. Instead of cruising in the Mediterranean, we are heading North to Norway on a 7-night MSC cruise from Kiel in YC and then returning home on  the Rotterdam with a week on land between. Unfortunately Club Orange is fully booked but we are on a wait list. We also had a really good price on the  cruise to Greece and Turkey as it has gone up by $2,500! With the change, this means we leave two weeks earlier than previously planned. We need to watch our dates as we have a new grandchild to welcome in August!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 34

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR& D, Jacqui! Roy, thank you for our maps. It is just starting to get light here & yesterday’s rains cleared out the clouds.

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with our happenings. Praying you get permanent relief from your upcoming surgery. 

I resume my regularly scheduled programming today. The trial ended yesterday. I did my civic duty. I will say that it felt as if I was back a work with a daily commute. I tried to take a walk at lunch time and yesterday encountered this beautiful creature.

IMG_4578.jpeg.ec577968abb146394a18872f22ccf5a0.jpeg

This morning I need to pick up my Bindi. Boy did I miss her. And I also need to pick up my new phone. I have had my current phone for 5 years and it is starting to lose its charges. And I have a bunch of things I need to do around the house that I was too tired to do when I returned each day from the courthouse. 

IMG_4580.jpeg.3ce8ef63327e9366ffdd132102410aea.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg.56134d2d99ff5e8fe9b5064255edd57f.jpeg

IMG_2673.jpeg.afe07b280cf1cb9ab20ff422bc73d96d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. Terry, praying for Tana, her son, you and your family. May the road ahead not be too difficult. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Burgans Albariño

A crisp, white wine, though Albariños I have tried usually have a bit more body than a Sauvignon Blanc. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $13.99.

Distributor notes

A custom cuvée made for European Cellars by Martin Codax, the Burgans Albariño is named after the hill on which the cooperative is located. Burgans is a cuvée made from a small selection of vineyard plots in the Salnes sub-zone of Rias-Baixas, which have a characteristic pit-fruit quality and richness in addition to the bracing minerality for which the sub-zone is famous.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

As y’all know I was cruising on the N. Statendam last week and towards the end of the cruise we had the medal ceremony. It was quite something to see but not what y’all might think. I call it; The Grand Medallion Presentation.

I knew from the start of the cruise I would like the Captain, Captain Werner Timmers. He started at HAL about the same time we did, over 40 years ago. So we were invited to the medallion / medal presentation which was held at the Rolling Stone Lounge. There were only 14 five star passengers out of +2900 passengers. A total of 5 silver medals and 2 gold medals were presented. Sounds dull doesn’t it. But wait there’s more. Captain Timmers was something else. He began by welcoming all of us to the ceremony and then proceeded to say the following ( the best I can remember). I hope some of you will not be upset at what he said but he talked just like RedneckBob talks, just in a Dutch accent instead of a Southern accent!

”Welcome everyone to the medal presentation. HAL is very proud of your loyalty to the company but we know when you get home you take the medals and stuff them into the back of your dresser draw. The Silver is not real silver so it’s not worth anything. You can make into an earring but since you have only one you could use it when you are a pirate. Then if someone attacks you, you can swing it around and hit the person in the head but since it is not a heavy medal it may not hurt much. But the gold medal is special. If you wear into any Caribbean port to shop every shop owner will recognize the gold medal as someone who has sailed many days, has shopped and bought many tee shirts and is in no mood to buy another tee shirt. Now if you are in Paris this Summer for the Olympics take your gold medal, run into a bar, and yell out, I won a gold medal, and you will be guaranteed a free drink, I Think!” Do I need to say anymore. Does that sound like RNB.

One more medal story. 20-25 years ago while at my first HAL medal presentation in the main showroom, a couple next to me received the gold medal, more than 500 days on HAL. When the couple returned to there seats I told them congratulations. The man replied, “This gold medal cost me so much I could have bought two Mercedes for what this medal costs me!”

• Like 13
  • Haha 15

My friend Mike has been moved to a rehab facility and will try to ween him off the treac.  He is slightly moving his arms and legs to commands.  Still getting off all the sedation they have given him.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 14

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I will gladly celebrate Victims of Violence Wholly and only Vit C by natural means - no pills!  I don't like 4x4s so.......  Disagree with the quote, pass on all the food and drinks, never been to Ireland, and interesting day in history.

IMG_7707.thumb.JPG.0ab582207e2cab5141806fd0db92afed.JPG

Early morning for me as I have to hit the gym and then sub at a HS.  Off I go!!

IMG_7706.thumb.JPG.a2d0b94143c39e3ea4cf1c1ec449aa25.JPG

Thoughts for all on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day!

• Like 25
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone.

It is another gloomy, rainy day here in mid-Michigan. The eye is pretty much the same as yesterday.  They did say it might take a few days to see improvement.  Aleve helps the pain it was causing.  The whole left side of my face hurt.  

I have my last PT appointment today.  This is one for the road and to do an official discharge from PT since we are moving on to the ablation.  While I have enjoyed my conversations with Chad, the therapist, I think I can achieve just as much, if not more, with my regular gym routine.  

I think the drink sounds like something I should try on a BHB.  I have been to Galway, but have no pictures as it was a rainy, windy day.  It was a land trip and I spent the evening listening to Irish traditional music.  There are many Gaelic speakers in Galway.  

Today's meal has a story behind it.  When I was preparing the meals for this week I came upon Thursday and the meal was Leah Goggins.  Turns out Leah Goggins is a freelance writer and has contributed to the Eating Well website, where we get many of our recipes.  I didn't think we'd want to go down the cannibalism path so I asked Jacqui to change it to leftovers.  We are concentrating on leftover ham. I'm sure many of you have some.  To start, Ree Drummond is going to share some recipes with us.  https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/g35533617/leftover-ham-recipes/

Hamleftovers1.thumb.jpeg.c7206de354da342ac87936377b8c7fb2.jpeg

If that isn't enough, here are a few more ideas.  https://www.delish.com/holiday-recipes/christmas/g3094/leftover-ham/

hamleftovers2.thumb.jpg.dcc08252f130dcb006ac082d0f04c740.jpg

If lamb is what is left over, here are some ideas for that!   https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/leftover-lamb-recipes

lambleftovers.jpg.19b65a339944992bc471519346bde494.jpg

I am thankful that @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda and Steve made it home safely and that all Dailyites and family members in Taiwan have checked in and are safe.  Also, it is good news that Mike, @summer slope Dixie's friend is showing signs of improvement and is out of the ICU and in rehab.  I'm hoping that @smitty34877 Terry and Tana had a restful night.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 14

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann for the ALMOST Friday reports.  Jeeps have their uses but are not good everyday vehicles.  MLK Jr is surely resting peacefully in heaven.  Vitamin C is important.

I like the quote today but have not been to Galway.  A great day in US History.

I don't really do leftovers as I plan my meals and make just enough for myself unless pre-dividing frozen goods into manageable portions qualifies as leftovers.  My alternative is Chilled Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gazpacho, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Key Lime Pie A la Mode as served on MS Zaandam April 4,  2017.

Idishes04.jpg

I'm not sure how regularly I'll be posting the next few days as I have church AV practice this evening, echocardiogram tomorrow morning, and meet the cardiologist Monday.

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning. The storm yesterday was a bit scary. There are lots of trees down all over and there were brief power outages. The thunder and lightning component shook the ground with a nearby strike. It is cloudy now with only a little drizzle.

My grandfather’s family was from the Galway area but I didn’t get to that part of Ireland. Leftover meals show up all the time here and no one seems to mind. Today I have leftover spinach and tortellini soup for our dinner table.Our very nice neighbor let the woman who helped us last night park in his driveway because at the hour she started work it was not possible to park the car anywhere near the house. We had a decent night and will forge ahead today with our usual activities and chores.

I very vividly remember when Dr. Martin Luther King was shot on this day in 1968. I was telling the teenager that there was rioting afterwards and I could see fires from our house windows. They were terrible times.

The nurse is returning today and I think-she will be pleased with the calmer household. The two days prior were mighty stressful for all. Again, I very much appreciate all of the prayers and positive thoughts.

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites from a chilly 44 going to 85 degree day.

Goodness, the dove cleaned out the bird feeders this morning! Where did they come from! Our bushes in the green belt are swaying and I love the cooing sounds.

Terry, I've been praying for Tana non stop. She's at the top of my prayer book. I hope you were able to get some needed rest.

Vanessa, I admire your strength going through the sleepless, painful nights, but continue to keep immaculate records for our fellow Daily-ites. Thank you.

Debbie I'm not a leftovers cook, but might just try the ham recipe. I wonder if any of our Daily-ites might like to share their favorite leftovers recipes? And Debbie, take care of your eye. You only have 2 in this lifetime. 

Lenda, so relieved you and Steve are back in your Texas home! 

Dixie, I'm hoping Mike continues to show signs of improvement no matter how small.

My sweet husband and your Daily friend was like a fart in a skillet last night, tossing and turning and asking for more ointment. I am thankful for only one or two sleepless nights compared to some of our friends here who go weeks without a comfortable night.

Tonight is game night! Always look forward to being with these ladies. It should be beautiful on our back patio.

Tomorrow morning I have the garage door guy come to give us a yearly tune up. Also have someone coming to see what can be done with the area across the fireplace. The sun sets there and it interrupts us with no shade, so I'm asking for some suggestions.

Wishing everyone here a blessed day. Know you are loved.

image.png.d508c25168c50e6acbf33c3e8e5aecdb.png

image.png.8955aa6656d7970571fe062efccab2e2.png

image.png.0fa7a63a15fcc2467f14d1d3e09400fc.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the Daily and the maps Jacqui and Roy.  I'll pass on the leftovers (though your ideas were wonderful Debbie), the cocktail and would try the wine.   

Prayers for everyone in our group who need then, @summer slope I am glad your DF is showing some progress in rehab.   Prayers for the WCK people who were killed and those in war zones Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.   Special prayers for Tana.

I am on the run this morning to pick up a prescription, get my nails done and a haircut.  I have a talk to do next week and don't want to look scraggly.   Have a lovely Thursday!  Nancy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning from a clear and calm central Texas.  it is 48F with a predicted high of 79F.  What a difference being in the western half of the Central time zone as opposed to being on the western edge of the Mountain time zone, but the time being the same as Pacific time as we were in Quartzsite.  Not only is the Daily still on page 1, as I write this, but the sunrise was 7:12 am, instead of 6:19 am.  Today's agenda is getting more stuff off the motorhome, blowing the leaves out of the port, and getting the port rearranged so we can move motorhome forward so the bedroom slide can be extended.  Right now it's out just enough for me to squeeze through.  It will be a busy few days since the yard needs a lot of work, and rain is predicted by Monday.

The drive yesterday especially east of Midland was pretty with all the wildflowers along the road.  This year the Texas Bluebonnets, the state flower, are doing a super bloom.  My small bluebonnet patch is bigger and thicker than it has ever been.  I imagine the patches of bluebonnets a couple of streets over are spectacular this year since they were pretty awesome last spring.

We've owned a couple for Jeep 4x4s in the past, and they are great for back roads.  Victims of Violence Wholly Day is worth honoring, and I remember watching the reports on tv of the Martin Luther King Jr. shooting.  Thank you, Graham @grapau27 for the explanation.  I get my vitamin C with a glass of orange juice most days.

The quote is not one I can agree with.

We often have leftovers, and tonight it will be more of the lasagna that I froze a week or so ago.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We were in Galway on September 2, 2016, our 49th anniversary, when we were on Prinsendam.  I'll share some of my pictures in a few minutes.

A good anniversary for the US Congress.

@JazzyV  Thank you, Vanessa, for putting our travels on the care list and our arrival home on the celebration list.

@MISTER 67  Congratulations on the good round of golf yesterday under less than ideal conditions.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I'm sorry you may have to postpone one of the two needed surgeries due to insurance problems.

@rafinmd  Roy, I hope the echocardiogram and the cardiologist appointment go smoothly and there are no surprises.

@smitty34877  Terry. you have some very nice neighbors, especially the one who let the aide park in his driveway.  I'm happy that last night was much better for all and that things are calmer today.  Hugs to all of you, but especially for Tana and the teenager.

@Heartgrove  Jack, that is good news you could get your fall travel plans arranged.  Congratulations on the upcoming birth of a new grandchild.

@cat shepard  Ann, I know Bindi will be happy to be home again.

@summer slope  Dixie, thanks for the up date on Mike.  I hope he continues to improve.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope the eye is better soon.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope Allen gets some relief soon.  We used roll down sunscreens on our south patio in Quartzsite.  They let us have the sunscreens down when needed but up and out of the way other times.

366733553_692841302882984_2460240863527105619_n.jpg.50659d9b0f5bf1b93ad1bcb5e65bdbac.jpg

367405790_733827668691570_2752946778538645451_n.thumb.jpg.88ff580f2aebac87df3a5e8d627345e1.jpg

368017041_275228225145544_5169657840823815913_n.jpg.c9380b3d433319a0432e63d2f90ff131.jpg

369613912_305689285313777_8399001499339798409_n.thumb.jpg.82c694b3af03e65d08995e5c1885f67c.jpg

369649670_256459463975077_87733853767758983_n.jpg.475b1543399a7741bba231ff2720c76e.jpg

369728239_253630007587675_8560760289539025101_n.thumb.jpg.642edd76ed39f491afdee3c676025485.jpg

Wow, I can't believe I made page 1.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5