The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday April 4th, 2024

kazu

Progress is being made today.  While DH got all the cars started after sitting over the winter, I got the outside compartments unloaded and all the leaves (well 99% of the leaves) and dirt blown out of the port.  We also rearranged things and got the motorhome moved forward in the port so none of it is sticking out now.  As soon as I finish here, I'll start unloading things from inside the motorhome.  The last thing on the agenda is washing the extremely filthy cars since we didn't put covers on them this year.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Maureen.

Sarah seems well and has a new boyfriend who seems nice.

We are going out next week with Sarah.

She really enjoyed her 3 nights away over Easter weekend.

Graham. I'm glad Sarah is doing well and has a new boyfriend.  

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Interesting photos Lenda.

Thanks, Graham.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, I'm happy that things seem to have settled down a bit for those ailing, especially Tana.  We will definitely be finishing up leftovers tonight, then running the dishwasher and putting everything away.  DD doesn't use it, so it will be waiting for us empty when we return. Cleaning lady comes this morning, and Pat has two doctor appointments today, then we will load up the car, ready to drive to the airport at 3:30 tomorrow morning.  Ugh!  There are predicted to be big storms in Alberta so we'll probably get held up there like last year - hope we make it to FLL.  Early Spring is not a good time to be crossing the country.  

We have been to Galway on a driving trip - the weather was terrible, we didn't make it to the Aran Islands as we had planned.  But I did buy an Aran Island sweater. It doesn't fit me any more, and pictures are pre-digital. 

We will have internet on the ship, if we ever get there (!) so I will stay in touch.  And be thinking of you all.

Ann, I hope Pat's appointments go well today.  Safe travels tomorrow and no delays on the flight.

11 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Thursday from a sunny Tucson. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful and today should be even more so. The snow on the Catalinas is beautiful. Even the Rincons have snow but that won’t last. 

We had errands yesterday and a busy afternoon so I didn’t make it to the FR&D. 

We have leftovers most often in the evenings since we eat our main meal at lunchtime. However, I’m not very creative. If I make something that has a lot of servings, like a casserole, I’ll freeze half. Right now I have a tuna noodle casserole in the freezer. Yesterday we had chicken tacos with marinated chicken from TJ’s and I froze half of the chicken for another meal.  I also made a bourbon cake, yum. Not sure what today’s meal will be yet. We do have leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Since Craig is going out to look at vehicles (yuck) I think that’s what we’ll have. We have needed a new vehicle for 5 years and have put it off. Now it’s getting urgent so……..

I would love to try today’s wine and drink. I like the Dutch 150 on the BHB’s which is similar to the the French 75. Very refreshing. I also would like to try the Pinot Blanc that was on Bruce’s @aliaschief Chef’s menu. I don’t think I’ve ever tasted one. 

Debbie @dfish, I hope your eye gets better soon. Did they tell you to do warm wet compresses?  It really helps. Just don’t put it in the microwave, just use hot tap water. (Plastic surgeons advice again).  She actually is an eye plastic surgeon. Oh and her DH owns a Jeep which he loves. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, give Allen a hug for me. I hope things get better soon. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, I’m glad you all made it home safely. 

Well, I did something crazy the other day. I upgraded my flight to Dallas and back to first.  Not the flight to Waco (too short).  I felt like spoiling myself and since I had saved some $$ on the flight anyway I thought it would be nice. I’ll be leaving May 2nd for 6 days and probably won’t be able to post much. We have a busy itinerary. 

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, thank you.  I'm not sure there is a first class on the short commuter flight to Waco.  It's a very small airport, and the planes are fairly small.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

@summer slope how are you and DH recovering?  And @cat shepard how’s your sister?and @grapau27 how’s Sarah?
Smooth travels to all away!  🌅 

Maureen, thank you. My Sister is doing well. Her second week home and the PT has her walking inside the house using a cane. She is still a bit unsteady on her feet. BUT she is challenging herself to do more. And Brayden is a tough coach. 😎

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

@dfish  Debbie, that has to be so painful.  healing hug! 

@Lady Hudson  Thanks for sharing your darling great grandson.  

@grapau27 so happy to hear that Sarah has a boyfriend and you like him.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I am happy that you are getting settled back home.  I understand how difficult if can be after being gone for months.   

Have a lovely afternoon.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear that Tana is doing a bit better.  I don't know how you do all you do Terry.  

Wow on all the wild weather  everyone is getting in the NE. My son's area of NH is getting almost a foot of wet snow.  We are glad we are in sunny Fl now, but we won't be enjoying the hot, humid weather this summer. The hurricane forecasters are also predicting one of the worst hurricane seasons in years so not looking forward to that at all.

@dfish- your eye looks horrible. If it were me I would see my eye doctor just to make sure what is going on - better safe than sorry is my motto.  Perhaps the eye doctor can prescribe some creams, etc which will work better for you.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser so glad you are home safe and sound.  It is so hard to arrive home at night after a long drive.  You are doing so much this week from packing up and now unpacking.  You will need a long vacation soon.

@Sharon in AZ. Nice to treat yourself to 1st class - if you don't do it no one will.

I wonder if @Cruzin Terri is okay - I hope so - I haven't seen her posts in a long time.

So glad to hear everyone was safe from the earthquake.

Sending healing thoughts to all.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good day and thanks all!  Glad to hear that dailylites families are safe in Taiwan.   After our earthquake experience in Hawaii, I can only begin to imagine how it must feel with the aftershocks.   

We visited Galway several years ago and were taken by the mackerel fishing.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for your photos!  I’m glad you are home safely, and enjoyed the gorgeous blue bonnets!  I will ever make it to page one being in the west and even further west part do the year, lol! 

@RedneckBob we had the pleasure of getting our medallions from Captain Timmers as well! 

@smitty34877 glad the help allowed you all to have a more restful night!  Praying for more calm for you and yours.  

@dfish aww, it looks so sore, glad you went to the dr! Hope it improves soon,  if not I second the recommendation to see your eye dr. 

@Haljo1935 so sorry you have these insurance issues.   Makes me feel very blessed.  

Stay warm everyone!   We are in the midst of another spring snow…

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Hi all,

I debated, but decided I would share the beauty of my eye with you.

Eyeshot.png.2480449eee20ea1e7141a0b714478ea5.png

Yes, I am using warm compresses, but I have warmed it up in the microwave.  I then wrap the warm cloth in a clean towel and layer it so it isn't too hot.  But, it stays hot longer and I unwrap as I go.  The warm compresses are helping.  This looks better than it did.

11152848_d40c9.gif

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks all!  Glad to hear that dailylites families are safe in Taiwan.   After our earthquake experience in Hawaii, I can only begin to imagine how it must feel with the aftershocks.   

We visited Galway several years ago and were taken by the mackerel fishing.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for your photos!  I’m glad you are home safely, and enjoyed the gorgeous blue bonnets!  I will ever make it to page one being in the west and even further west part do the year, lol! 

@RedneckBob we had the pleasure of getting our medallions from Captain Timmers as well! 

@smitty34877 glad the help allowed you all to have a more restful night!  Praying for more calm for you and yours.  

@dfish aww, it looks so sore, glad you went to the dr! Hope it improves soon,  if not I second the recommendation to see your eye dr. 

@Haljo1935 so sorry you have these insurance issues.   Makes me feel very blessed.  

Stay warm everyone!   We are in the midst of another spring snow…

Did he go through the same speech as I described?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Hi all,

Yes, I am using warm compresses, but I have warmed it up in the microwave.  I then wrap the warm cloth in a clean towel and layer it so it isn't too hot.  But, it stays hot longer and I unwrap as I go.  The warm compresses are helping.  This looks better than it did.

Debbie (some won’t understand) but your eye looks good, like it’s healing. Trust me I’ve seen so much worse. Keep up the compresses. Are you also using eye drops?  If not you should. 

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Progress is being made today.  While DH got all the cars started after sitting over the winter, I got the outside compartments unloaded and all the leaves (well 99% of the leaves) and dirt blown out of the port.  We also rearranged things and got the motorhome moved forward in the port so none of it is sticking out now.  As soon as I finish here, I'll start unloading things from inside the motorhome.  The last thing on the agenda is washing the extremely filthy cars since we didn't put covers on them this year.

Graham. I'm glad Sarah is doing well and has a new boyfriend.  

Thanks, Graham.

Ann, I hope Pat's appointments go well today.  Safe travels tomorrow and no delays on the flight.

Sharon, thank you.  I'm not sure there is a first class on the short commuter flight to Waco.  It's a very small airport, and the planes are fairly small.

Lenda

Well, actually, there is first from Dallas to Waco because I checked, but not worth it. It’s like taking first from Tucson to Phoenix, you go up then go down. We were in first once after an overseas flight and the seats are all the same but I did get a free glass of wine. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Glad to hear that Tana is doing a bit better.  I don't know how you do all you do Terry.  

Wow on all the wild weather  everyone is getting in the NE. My son's area of NH is getting almost a foot of wet snow.  We are glad we are in sunny Fl now, but we won't be enjoying the hot, humid weather this summer. The hurricane forecasters are also predicting one of the worst hurricane seasons in years so not looking forward to that at all.

@dfish- your eye looks horrible. If it were me I would see my eye doctor just to make sure what is going on - better safe than sorry is my motto.  Perhaps the eye doctor can prescribe some creams, etc which will work better for you.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser so glad you are home safe and sound.  It is so hard to arrive home at night after a long drive.  You are doing so much this week from packing up and now unpacking.  You will need a long vacation soon.

@Sharon in AZ. Nice to treat yourself to 1st class - if you don't do it no one will.

I wonder if @Cruzin Terri is okay - I hope so - I haven't seen her posts in a long time.

@Cruzin Terri posted yesterday. Do not fear...

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

I will go check out yesterday, as I was thinking it had been too long since @Cruzin Terri had posted.

oh, she posted on a roll call, but not here. oh well, I was wondering how she was doing.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 9

Thanks, everyone.  @Sharon in AZ yes, I have antibiotic eyedrops.  Ofloxacin.  I had two doctors look at it yesterday along with a PA and they all said the same thing.  Sharon's right.  It is better than it was and the pain is gone.  I'm sure the Aleve helped with that.  I'm going to give it a week and if it is still bad I'll call my PCP.  I learned that they have late afternoon appointments available everyday for emergencies.  Sharon, congrats on treating yourself to first class.  Sue and I do that on occasion, like long haul flights.  I hear you about the Dallas to Waco flight.  That's like Detroit to Saginaw.  All of 20 minutes in the air.  

@cat shepard  I'm glad your sister is doing better.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good sunny late afternoon. I hope everyone is having a good day today.

I was in Galway in a coach tour of Ireland in 2007. I think the claddaugh shop pictured is where I bought my ring and necklace. 
We are having Chinese takeout for dinner tonight. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

It's been a long day, but a lot was accomplished.  I would have been through sooner, but neighbors stopped by to say hello, and he likes to talk more than I do.  We had a nice long visit, which we enjoyed, and we caught up on a lot of what's been happening in the neighborhood while we were gone.

While I was doing the unloading, DH got his telescopes unboxed and set up ready for the eclipse if it's not cloudy.  He also got Starlink working.

The only thing that is not completely unloaded from the motorhome is the food.  I brought in what we need for a day or two, and will bring more in as needed.  The cars are washed and ready to drive.  Tomorrow, DH wants to take one over to W-M to have the battery replaced, and I'll tag along and do some shopping.  That way, we won't need to make two trips.  

The next task is working on the yard before it rains Sunday or Monday.  It will look a lot better once it's mowed, but there is still more that needs to be done.  I guess I won't get bored for a while.

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Maureen, thank you. My Sister is doing well. Her second week home and the PT has her walking inside the house using a cane. She is still a bit unsteady on her feet. BUT she is challenging herself to do more. And Brayden is a tough coach. 😎

Ann, I'm glad your DS is doing better and sticking with her PT.  It helps that Brayden is there to push her to do what is needed.

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@dfish  Debbie, that has to be so painful.  healing hug! 

@Lady Hudson  Thanks for sharing your darling great grandson.  

@grapau27 so happy to hear that Sarah has a boyfriend and you like him.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I am happy that you are getting settled back home.  I understand how difficult if can be after being gone for months.   

Have a lovely afternoon.  

Thank you, Nancy.  Since we have a house in Quartzsite too, I guess it's a bit like you and your summer cabin.  We just tend to take too much back and forth even though we have duplicates of quite a bit at each house.

4 hours ago, tupper10 said:

Thank you.  We intended to stay one more night on the road and arrive late morning today, but the campground did not work out.  We were home well before dark though.

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Hi all,

Debbie, I'm glad the eye is getting better and looking better.  It looks painful enough as it is.  I hope the treatment works fast.

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Debbie (some won’t understand) but your eye looks good, like it’s healing. Trust me I’ve seen so much worse. Keep up the compresses. Are you also using eye drops?  If not you should. 

Well, actually, there is first from Dallas to Waco because I checked, but not worth it. It’s like taking first from Tucson to Phoenix, you go up then go down. We were in first once after an overseas flight and the seats are all the same but I did get a free glass of wine. 

Sharon, I am surprised there is first class between Waco and DFW.  I guess they have bigger planes than what we saw a few years ago.  I once flew from Dallas Love Field to Amon Carter Field in Fort Worth on a 707.  Talk about a short flight.  The two towns are about 30 miles apart, but Amon Carter Field was outside of Fort Worth and is now part of DFW.  We just taxied, went up and then back down and did not even get close to cruising altitude.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I read on the Royal Caribbean forum that a 20 year old male jumped overboard from Liberty of the Seas  early this morning. Supposedly, he was drunk and jumped in front of his father and brother. 💔🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 12

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Thanks, everyone.  @Sharon in AZ yes, I have antibiotic eyedrops.  Ofloxacin.  I had two doctors look at it yesterday along with a PA and they all said the same thing.  Sharon's right.  It is better than it was and the pain is gone.  I'm sure the Aleve helped with that.  I'm going to give it a week and if it is still bad I'll call my PCP.  I learned that they have late afternoon appointments available everyday for emergencies.  Sharon, congrats on treating yourself to first class.  Sue and I do that on occasion, like long haul flights.  I hear you about the Dallas to Waco flight.  That's like Detroit to Saginaw.  All of 20 minutes in the air.  

@cat shepard  I'm glad your sister is doing better.  

Thanks Debbie! That eye! If you say it is better, I believe you!

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Always good to view the HAL Fleet locations, thank you @kazu and for the opportunity for dailyites to share their daily news. 

@rafinmd Roy, thanks for posting the fleet location maps 

Kiwifruit are an excellent source of Vitamin C, at present the Red variety are available, as well as the gold and the green, new season fruit just arrived in stores.

We eat Kiwifruit every day.  On Noordam, after the first morning,  the waiters in the Pinnacle Grill knew that Kiwi would be requested for breakfast each day.

Have been to Galway twice, enjoyed driving around, exploring the beautiy of Ireland. Such friendly people.

Best wishes to all on the Care list.

@Vict0riann  Bon Voyage.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@1ANGELCAT That is sad that someone would jump in front of their family.  Drunk =stupid.  I read in the news about people falling off or jumping from Carnival and Royal....not so much Holland or Princess...is there such a tale?  DH says probably yes, but I really do think the clientele might be a bit different.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I read on the Royal Caribbean forum that a 20 year old male jumped overboard from Liberty of the Seas  early this morning. Supposedly, he was drunk and jumped in front of his father and brother. 💔🙏

Very sad. I read that it was very late at night (like 3-4 AM) and the young man and another guy were in the hot tub. They were leaving for the elevators when his father approached. They argued about his underage drinking, the 20 year old said he'd "fix it", and jumped overboard, to the horror of those there.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 11

8 hours ago, dfish said:

Hi all,

Ouch Debbie.   
So sorry to see the troubles your eye is causing you.   Hope your treatments start clearing this up.   I follow along on the daily so I saw that you and Sue had a fun vacation to Hawaii.    Wish we could have joined you.    Take care of yourself and tell Sue I said Hi.     We all had some fun times on that Iceland trip.   I’d love to go back there again.   We are doing a 14 day cruise May 5th to Alaska with Marinda and Larry that you met on the Iceland cruise - we will have a drink in your honor!     Take care 

Maryell 

• Like 13

32 minutes ago, maryandmarge said:

Ouch Debbie.   
So sorry to see the troubles your eye is causing you.   Hope your treatments start clearing this up.   I follow along on the daily so I saw that you and Sue had a fun vacation to Hawaii.    Wish we could have joined you.    Take care of yourself and tell Sue I said Hi.     We all had some fun times on that Iceland trip.   I’d love to go back there again.   We are doing a 14 day cruise May 5th to Alaska with Marinda and Larry that you met on the Iceland cruise - we will have a drink in your honor!     Take care 

Maryell 

I hope the cruise to Alaska is wonderful and do have a drink in our honor!  

• Like 8

Thought I would share a happening here on Taiwan.  Before we left for the cruise Sara found an invitation to our wedding reception in 1963.  Written in English and Chinese, and held at the First Hotel.  Since we are celebrating our 61st while here, I decided to try to have a dinner party at the hotel for our friends and relatives on that date.  My DBIL helped arrange it and sent out the invitations and we had 22 guests.  Great food and they set up a karaoke for a sing along.  Even a huge wedding cake with candles for 61.  As we blew out the candles, I couldn’t help thinking “Not a good idea with covid still around “.  Masks are not required here, but more than half of the people wear them on the streets and 90% in buildings.

Anyway, the party was a great success.

Earthquake thoughts.  Could still feel a couple of slight aftershocks last night.  Taiwan has strict building codes; thus the small loss of life compared to many other countries.

Ray

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4