The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 19th, 2024

Today is Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Action Day, John Parker Day, and National Garlic Day

Get busy living or get busy dying.--Stephen King, Different Seasons

Meal Suggestion for today - One-Skillet Salmon with Fennel & Sun-Dried Tomato Couscous
Drink of the Day - Coffee Sambuca
Wine of the Day - Keswick Vineyards 2021 Chardonnay (Monticello)
Destination of the Day - Porto Malai, Langkawi, Malaysia

Today in History:
1770 British explorer Captain James Cook first sights Australia. Writes in his log book that “what we have as yet seen of this land appears rather low, and not very hilly, the face of the Country green and Woody, but the Sea shore is all a white Sand.”

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica 08:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Honolulu, Oahu Island Hawaii - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera 13:00 - 23:00

Nieuw Statendam

Le Havre-Paris, France 07:00 - 19:00

Oosterdam

Barcelona, Spain 07:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island Azores Portugal eta 04-20

Volendam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas Carnival private island eta 04-20

Zaandam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 04-20

Zuiderdam

Cape Town, South Africa - 23:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Honolulu, Oahu Island Hawaii 07:00 - 21 Apr 23:00

Westerdam

Sokcho, South Korea

• Like 17
  • Thanks 21

Good morning friends!  Today is a warm one at 68 but will reach 84 this afternoon.  Clouds giving way to sun this afternoon but a slight chance of rain here and there.

I see yesterday's Daily has been locked before 4 a.m. which is mighty early.  I read Jacqui's @kazu post from last night just now and want to wish her a good day traveling and hope she will let everyone help move her long distances today so that foot can rest.  I'm very happy the cruise is ON!

Thanks Roy @rafinmd for the fleet location maps.  Days to recognize include congenital diaphragmatic hernia action day which we could all learn something about.  John Parker Day takes us back to the Revolutionary War in the U.S.  Garlic Day - well I like a little in my food but can't overdo it.  What a quote by Stephen King!  I'd rather pass on the salmon and couscous.  Anything coffee is not on my radar, and prefer other white wines to Chardonnay.  What an exciting find by Capt. James Cook. Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for the reports each day on food and beverages.

Prayers this morning for our Care list group, DB, twin Linda, friends Scott, Susan and Sandy, the people in Israel and Ukraine, hostages still held, and troops in the region in harm's way.  Praying for Tana, Vanessa @JazzyV, Jacqui @kazu, Annie @marshhawk, Jane @lazey1 and all the others in pain, recovering from procedures and surgeries, the loss of loved ones, worry and stress.

Congrats to those traveling and heading to their cruises especially Jacqui @kazu.  Also to all our birthdays and celebrations. 🎂🎉  And thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the list keeping for us.  Hoping you had a good night and not much pain, as always.

The port today is Porto Malai, Langkawi, Malaysia.  When I looked it up for prior dates I found Pulau Langkawi Island, Malaysia Kedah on July 23, 2023.  Further research showed Porto Malai is the cruise port on Langkawi Island so I will post the links for you from July 23, 2023 in case you posted photos there.  I have not been to this port before.  

I am wishing you all a safe and well day, and safe travels to you all!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DSIL in hospice care

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber with HTN, stroke, now awake

Passing of Mr. Boston’s friend Lauren 4/15

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

Lazey1 with mitral stenosis, hoping to qualify for TMVR study

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu cleared to cruise!

Marshhawk getting some work hours

Cruzin Terri having a beneficial meeting with the Dementia Practitioner

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Kazu (Volendam Apr 21 to May 4) 13d The Atlantic Coast

2 days for VMax1700 (Nieuw Statendam Apr 21 to May 5) 14d Canary Island Allure

3 days for Summer slope (Disney Wish Apr 22 to Apr 26) 4d Bahamian cruised with DGS & his parents

Vict0riann (Nieuw Statendam to Apr 21) 14d Bermuda, Brittany & The English Channel Expedition, LAFFNVEGAS (Norwegian Joy to Apr 21) 7d Bermuda from NY, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, ORTravelGal (Rotterdam to May 4) 21d Atlantic Isles, Norway, Scotland, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), AncientWanderer (Westerdam to Apr 27) 14d Japan Discovery + (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 24

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

70 this AM with another great day ahead with sunshine and a high of 85.

Good selection of days, I had a hernia operation about 16 years ago but from @grapau27 description, this one sounds scary.

I’m a voracious reader but I’ve never read a Stephen King book however his quote is spot on.

The meal and the drink work for me.

Off to the course in a half hour, Men’s Golf Assn. tournament today which is a 4 man Shamble, fun format, some guys have already have headed north and we are down to 9 teams, in season we usually have at least 12 teams.
If I was a snowbird and spending my summers in Chicago and much as I hate cold weather I wouldn’t head back north until June, I speak from experience spending the first 47 years of my life in the Windy City, as they say, Chicago has 2 seasons, July and winter.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

Another warm morning here as it's 68 degrees. The forecast is for 90 degrees this afternoon and we may get some rain this weekend! 🙂

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

2007CPcruise 137.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good  morning.  Sorry about the mix up uesterday with the ddrink.  Had a dental appointment to find about getting an implant, and then a workout at the chiropractor.  Sore today.  Hugs and prayers to everyone.

Coffee Sambuca cocktail:

Indulge in the rich and robust flavors of the "Coffee Sambuca" cocktail. This classic drink combines the boldness of coffee with the sweet and aromatic notes of Sambuca, creating a perfect balance of bitterness and sweetness. Sambuca, an Italian liqueur made from anise, adds a unique twist to the traditional coffee cocktail, making it a favorite among those who appreciate the distinct taste of licorice. Whether sipped as an after-dinner treat or enjoyed as a pick-me-up in the morning, the "Coffee Sambuca" cocktail is sure to awaken your senses with its delightful combination of flavors.

Ingredients:

1 oz. kahlua
1 cup hot coffee
1 oz sambuca

Directions:

Fill a heat-resistant glass or mug with hot water to warm it up, then discard the water. Add Sambuca and coffee liqueur to the glass or mug.
Fill the glass or mug with freshly brewed hot coffee, leaving some space at the top. Optionally, top with whipped cream for added richness and sprinkle with ground cinnamon for garnish. Stir gently.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 6.19.16 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 22

Posted (edited)

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Happy Friday!

It's raining.  We're meeting friends for breakfast so I'll have to walk Bertie in the rain, he doesn't mind.

Thanks for the info on the days Graham.

Interesting quote.  I've never read a book or seen a movie by King.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink but I'll try the wine.

Prayers for everyone.  A big cheer for @kazu.

Have a wonderful day everyone.  Stay safe.

Edited by puppycanducruise
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Hello from the Arabian Sea. We have enjoyed our first of two consecutive sea days as we sail to our next port Muscat. Oman.

We played wake up trivia and came in second and then attended a most informative lecture on whales. Enjoyed a light lunch on the outside Sunset Cafe.

Tonight they are having a huge Indian Themed Buffet pool side. They have been decorating all day. Indian dress is encouraged. After buffet the orchestra and ships singer and dancers will be performing a brand new production show entitled The Tony’s!

Our two hour nap this afternoon helped and last night clocks set back 30 min. And tonight back a hour.

Thanks for the report and post.

Here is some miscellaneous pics from our last few days in India. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.bbaffb3b1c7bf03cba0b3df9470fe597.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3eb7e4d86013cf63a1a1e74d33f41342.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.639955ac16498d8ce1c33c2f633e761e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4ed0f8d696a1283ae11c15f7fbd025a3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7fa46aabf17c557fedea0ad2ecf2e175.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.35ff1c99b8ea68205f262df1aff333bd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5234ae53f7f61e507cfb1b962af38fdb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.38d5f31702aa3f2fd3d57c43a283320c.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 10

Good Friday morning. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Cloudy and 60 today. Today I will be at the chiropractor and then a little office work. Looking more likely that I will be mowing the grass tomorrow. I also hope to get out to a garden center and pick up some plants and pots for the front and back garden. Just want some pretty color. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy week. 

Looking Forward To The Weekend - Animals

• Like 26
  • Haha 3

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Sandi! Roy, thank you for our maps! Another lovely morning & it is already 67. Yesterday’s 85 felt so good without any humidity. Hoping for more of the same today. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. Sorry to read that BFF had to have a second pass on his MOHS surgery. Praying that Monday eliminates the pain - permanently. 

Gym, Bindi walks, more prep for my niece & great nieces visit. Maybe a plunge in the pool. 😎

IMG_2699.jpeg.4f0e090e0e648b46f15a953670e926c1.jpeg

IMG_2727.jpeg.7387f1e4b32e22e07c9fb735e19b92c8.jpeg

IMG_2728.jpeg.8f7a15f89eb0a396b26a8d28d3edae49.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma.  The caregivers. 

Hugs Bruno. 

Terry, praying for Tana, you and your families. I was happy to read that you were taking it easy. You sure deserve to!

Cheers to everyone celebrating. Jacqui - safe travels. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Keswick Vineyards 2021 Chardonnay (Monticello)

This is our first Virginian wine! But “Juicy Fruit bubble gum”???? That just turns me off. This wine from Charlottesville- near Monticello, is a bit elusive. I did find a few distributors. Online prices start at $37.95. If anyone tries this, please share your thoughts about the “Juicy Fruit” factor. 

91 Wine Enthusiast 

Great memories of Juicy Fruit bubble gum lead to ripe pear and yellow apples. Chamomile tea with hints of cinnamon and vanilla lead the way to a surprisingly robust acid. This is a very versatile wine; the acid can hold up to hearty dishes as well as something delicate like seafood.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 1

Good morning, everyone!

The rain is going away and we are supposed to have partly sunny skies with a high in the mid 50s.  This is what I call seasonal.  Farkle has been rescheduled for tomorrow night again this week.  That's ok. Sue and I are going out to dinner.  We don't know where yet, but we'll decide when it is time to go.  

How exciting that Jacqui @kazu will be off on her cruise today.  Talk about cutting it close!  I think we all were holding our breath! 

For all those trying to eat healthy, tonight's dinner is right up your alley.  I would probably replace the couscous with riced cauliflower to cut calories and carbs.  I love sundried tomatoes and this recipe fits the bill for me.   https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/262104/one-skillet-salmon-with-fennel-sun-dried-tomato-couscous/

salmonwithfennelandsundriedtomatocouscous1.png.7d39437bfb0ab77ba6cc9fa20eee8fca.png

This next recipe doesn't include the couscous, but that could be easily added in.  https://thefeedfeed.com/thefeedfeed/one-skillet-salmon-with-fennel-sun-dried-tomatoes-and-olives

salmonwithfennelandsundriedtomatocouscous2.thumb.png.f8b5aa2bf1759ee4cf4b708f9167778c.png

This last one is a bit of a twist on the MOD.  It uses cherry tomatoes, but you can easily make those sundried tomatoes.  https://dishingouthealth.com/mediterranean-salmon-skillet/

salmonwithfennelandsundriedtomatocouscous3.thumb.jpg.ca5b9be75ea17907cda97adbf48a4440.jpg

I hope all our injured Dailyites are a little less sore today.  Hang in there, @JazzyV Vanessa!  Relief is right around the corner.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 17

Good morning everyone. 

Just wanted to add one ship to today's fleet report:

The Maasdam is in LaHarve along with the Nieuw Statendam today. Friends forwarded this to me. Long live the Maasdam, now the Renaissance of a new French line.

20240419_122106.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

Thank you Sandi, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here! 

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and happy Friday to you all.  It’s cool and cloudy here, perfect day for some of the minor repairs that I have planned.  The movers came and went yesterday putting over 60 boxes of clutter into storage with no marks on the newly painted walls.  

Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists, I didn’t know that that congenital diaphragmatic hernia was a thing, it sounds serious.  Hats off to John Parker and garlic!  I like the quote but why do you have to “do” anything? One or the other will happen naturally anyway.  I think I’ll pass on the meal and drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!  Bon voyage and safe, comfortable travels to @kazu who has been cleared for takeoff! 🚖✈️🛳️

• Like 26

@SusieKIslandGirl

Yesterday you posted "Knowing not much about adding things to maps, etc.--would it be difficult to add a red star at the Destination of Day location? Some ports are very familiar but others can be huh, where's that? Thanks! I do appreciate your maps."

The fleet locations on the maps are pulled from another website, we only add the ship names. I checked a bit yesterday and couldn't find a site that would give port locations for all ports consistently.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 10

Posted (edited)

Good collection of days today  - DH believes there's no such thing as too much garlic, so today must be his day.

I like Mr King's quote (and his house if you get an opportunity to peak at it).

Pass on the meal (only the sun dried tomatoes appeal to me), would try the drink & wine, although I am w/ @cat shepard about questioning bubble gum wine, not been to the port.

Big day in history for Australia. 

So thrilled for @kazu to be headed to her cruise!! ⛴️

Thanks @aliaschief for sharing more great pictures - sounds like a wonderful night ahead.

Full day of work as I finish a guide and prepare to hand off my work load. Also have to get anything I want/need off computer onto the external drive in case they lock the computer, which is at Mgr discretion. 

I put a couple cruises on hold last night as an agent will need to finalize bookings. They show "$1 reduced deposit" but at the payment stage I only had the option of paying the full amount or doing a courtesy hold, which is frustrating & baffling. Did not matter if I included HIA or not, I got the same results. Also did not matter the sail date - end of this year or anytime 2025, still only pay in full or hold. I just hope I can power through work and finish in time to call in. One of them I would like to add CO, so I did it as a GTY. I don't have anything booked for next year & having canceled 2 this year, I am hoping at least 1 or 2 come together.🤞 we shall see.

This weekend is Figure Out Cat Care - sister usually comes by to check on animals when we're gone, but she's been very unreliable lately, so I'm hesitant to ask her. The dogs will go w/us, leaving only refilling food & water and possibly scooping/refilling litter box for the cat - easy peasy. My concern is that he is extremely social so being alone for a full week will be stressful for him. He uses the dog door, which is great and should result in less scooping/refilling the box, but I'm concerned that if he continues coming into an empty house every day, he may eventually not come back. If sister would be at the house at the same time every day and spend a little time w/him, I think he would know he would have human companionship and would be there. Of course, we can close off the dog door, ensuring he's home, but not going outside AND being alone inside I think would really stress him out. If he goes to the kennel, I think he'd be locked up for a week - they don't let cats out like they do dogs, do they? Maybe I'm overthinking it. This will be the first time in his 4 years of living that he's ever been alone.🤷‍♀️🤔 Suggestions are welcomed.

Currently 61° headed to cloudy 66° w/🌧 🌦 tomorrow. 

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240419_060810.thumb.jpg.e45828547372129c0fc44c1f80cea713.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. It is chilly at 45 now but may reach 60 later. The clouds will be with us all day but there are no predicted showers. I read a lot of Stephen Kings’ books over the years and scared myself with a few. The recipes look great today, thanks Debbie @dfish. My BFF taught at the Parker School in Lexington Mass. We met in Boston when I was in PT school and her DH was in graduate school. 
We are lurching along here on limited sleep. I think of Vanessa when I am up in the middle of the night. I hope the surgery brings  pain relief for you, @JazzyV
Hoping for a good day for all.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to all.

Thank you Sandi for stepping up and filling in for Rich and Jacqui.  Thanks also to Roy and Vanessa.

And also thanks to Debbie, Ann and Dixie in the Food and Beverae Department.

I like the quote.

I have not been to Malaysia.

Right now we have Internet service so I am taking advantage of it.  I am not sure if this is area wide or if we need a new modem.  However, we are leaving in a few days and I do not have time to schedule a home visit from Hargray.

These are busy days.  We leave on Wednesday for Jacksonville and will stay overnight.  We fly on Thursday afternoon to Charlotte and then non-stop to Rome.  So glad we do not have a lay-over in Heathrow this time.  That is my least favorite airport.  I always have some sort of a negative experience there.  

So today I have a hair appointment and then will be busy in the packing department.

Jim thanks all of you for the lovely birthday wishes yesterday.  We had a very nice birthday dinner last night with a small Carvel Ice Cream Cake.  There is enough left over for today and tomorrow.

As far as I can see, All is in order and we are going to be good to go. DH seems to be in good shape and eager to do the trip.

Hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 35

Posted (edited)

Good Friday morning.   Thanks for the Daily Sandi.   Thanks in for all the pre-work in advance @richwmn.  An interesting group of days, thanks Graham for providing clarity for us today.  A good quote by Steven King, I read many of his books early in his career, my favorite being The Stand.  I look forward to today's port photos.   I will pass on all three, salmon, sambuca and bubblegum.  What a combination.....

@JazzyV I pray that you got some sleep last night and sad to read Terry @smitty34877 that you had little last night, I hope Tana is okay.   Prayers for Annie @marshhawk and @Lazeybear for relief of your pain.   Vanessa I was sad to read your BFF had to have a second wave of Mohs.    Prayers for all in our group needing prayers.    Prayers for those in war zones Ukraine, Israel and the innocents in Gaza.    

@kazu safe travels to your cruise port today. 

@MISTER 67 I thought @RedneckBob would have had a good joke about your typo on your golf shamble today.   I hope you do well and have a lot of fun. 

I had a long day yesterday with my Zoom talk starting almost an hour late and then heading over to garden club for our Arbor Day Tree project. The talk was delayed as the class had a long delay on Wednesday due to a tornado warning in their area near Lansing.  The bare root tree provider didn't have 600 small trees so we ended up with bushy trees that were almost three feet tall and bushy for the most part. 

I was sent home with about 30 trees that we will attempt to pot today for our plant sale.  I have enough potting mix but I don't think I have enough appropriate sized pots.  We will make it work.  Thankfully I got a call last night at 9:50 pm that someone else wanted trees so 9 of the trees won't be needing to be potted.  I had ordered 6 thinking I could pot them and bring them to the cabin but they are so big I don't know if they will fit.  I will probably donate some to my neighbor who loves native trees and always helps me out.    It is going to be 50 degrees when my helpers show up at 1pm but it has already started to blow.  I really hate working outside when it is so chilly but they have to be taken care of.  

Have a lovely Friday!  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 28

44F now but mostly 50s today, nicer than yesterday. We did walk yesterday but not far, it was not nice out. The flowers on campus are fun and the trees are adding a lot of color. 

No news on sister in law. It’s whatever time she needs to close out. We wait. Thank you for your support. 

I’m making lists for our trip to Maryland Monday for early surgery Tuesday👍. Thinking of Vanessa too with her surgery Monday. Praying for Amazing!  

SO happy @kazuJacqui is cleared for travel. Blessings dear one that it’s all smooth and healing!  Body mind and spirit. 

Wonderful that the movers served @Mr. Boston well. Onward to new horizons. 

Thank you Sandi for leading us into a new day! And Roy, Graham, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie and Debbie. And each of you for sharing here. May the Blessings abound!  And spread through the world. Maureen

Flower beds on our on-campus walk. A reminder to be who you are!  
IMG_2403.thumb.jpeg.e2c0427ecd17de55eba6b98770fe50d4.jpeg

PS Yesterday I was talking about my visits to The Rocks in Sydney, not the Ticks! ugh. 

• Like 32

Good morning from central Texas where we have another cloudy day, but no rain forecast until tomorrow.  Yesterday's rain never materialized, but it looks like we'll be getting rain most of tomorrow and into Sunday.  I'll either have to mow today or wait until Monday, and I think it will be Monday.  It also looks like spring is over for the next few days.  It is 60F, feels like 58F with a 12mph north wind.  Our predicted high today is 65F, and tomorrow it looks like our high will be 62F at midnight before it heads down to a daytime low of 56F.  We're looking at lows in the mid 40s this weekend and won't see 70F until Monday.  This is spring in Texas.

Congenital diaphragmatic hernias sound serious and I suspect they are discovered and repaired early in a baby's life.  John Parker deserves a day.  We like a lot of garlic, so we'll honor garlic day.

The Stephen King quote is true whether or not you get busy living or dying.  I've read one of his books and seen a couple of movies based on his books.

While we have salmon regularly, I think we'll pass on this version.  We'll also pass on the drink and the wine.

We have visited two ports in Malaysia, but not today's port.

1770 sighting of Australia by Captain James Cook is another good day in his explorations.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for researching two of our days for us.

@aliaschief  Thank you, Bruce, for sharing more pictures of your Indian adventure.  Enjoy your sea days.

@St Pete Cruiser  Thank you for sharing the picture of Maasdam as Renaissance.  She is the only S Class ship we never sailed on.

@Mr. Boston  I'm glad the move yesterday went well.

@richwmn  Rich, we appreciate your looking into adding the port of the day to the maps, and realize it would not be and easy task.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope you and Tana will be able to get more sleep, and that things will improve for both of you.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, that is good news that everything is going well for your trip on Wednesday.  I'm glad Jim is in good shape and eager for your trip.

@kazu  Jacqui, safe and easy travels today.  I hope you do not have much trouble with the foot.

436302947_411004091683349_5183508730262012994_n.jpg.1f2205673cff82ad48bb063f88d30219.jpg

436352020_8209634815719757_6564044813200299745_n.jpg.2ac4e0bf406575f02a2b8fc412efa85b.jpg

436944851_275214752315902_8907891747497988380_n.jpg.48b557b26a1932400ebd3f79263219ae.jpg

437474220_734462572222912_8235128445309335027_n.jpg.4d30889e1b16e9ba65ce0db34869ffdc.jpg

437718806_2119002105142210_7572131687162306416_n.jpg.067770504686d5d13638ab0f771a4281.jpg

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 12

Good Friday Morning Dailyites! it's 67 with light rain. Last nights weather report on Noaa was rain on and off thru Sunday.  

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, thanks for being our fearless leader right now. You are most appreciated!

The quote, well I know it from another author, singer songwriter-Bob Dylan.  I read King books and decided that The Stand was one of the best books I read, and stopped reading him.  Why ruin excellent.

Its a Formula 1 weekend, which usually means a run for donuts for DH to last through the weekend, but I also need to get Munchkin more Momma cat food, and while I pulled in last night at 7:02, I was informed, they closed at 7, so back up there this morning. Which is across the street from the donuts.  Walk dog first though.  And wake DH up! 

My cats are all off their "feed".  No one has been eating since Wednesday.  Same food, they dont want it, and Tigger, poor thing seems very hot.  He has a follow up appointment on Monday morning, maybe by then he will eat.  He has been sleeping on our bed with us for the last two nights, and it seems, he gets along with Tazi (who hates everyone).

@Haljo1935 Unless you have a back up plan, I would keep the cat in the house.  And close the doggy door.  Two reasons, cat may bring in something with her, or something may come in on their own.  Check with your vet to see if they know people who cat sit, and hire someone.  Or do you have a neighbor that you trust?  Good luck!  When we used Jessie to sit, the guitars were all tuned, but the cats freaked out and hid when we got home.  When Donna sat for them, she forgot there was a cat in the back room, and the poor thing about starved to death.  We are not going anywhere until October, and by then the house will be full of cats.  Donna is not less expensive, but she is more attentive to the cats, and not our belongings. (except for Tazi).

212b961e3aa302957ec0a09fd3068caf.jpg

98526f969cfa03d8093483ea8668e4c7.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1