Slipping a 20 to get on board quicker.

Nutsok

Has anyone ever tried slipping a 20 or more to a terminal worker during the embarkation process to get on the ship faster?  I’m only a gold member and hate waiting and being the last group to get called.  Guess I probably just need to cruise more.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nutsok said:

Has anyone ever tried slipping a 20 or more to a terminal worker during the embarkation process to get on the ship faster?  I’m only a gold member and hate waiting and being the last group to get called.  Guess I probably just need to cruise more.

The difference between the first people to get on and Gold members is maybe 15 minutes.  Really nothing to be concerned about.  Save the $20 for your first drink.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Nutsok said:

Whaaat !! :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nutsok said:

I was on NOS last Thanksgiving. We stood in the waiting area with all the seats for at least an hour. I am always early so probably 1030-1100. 

Something was wrong, that is not the usual situation.

Who are you going to corrupt? There would be a number of People being responsible to guide you where you don´t belong.

Here´s a few suggestions:

Seriously work on your Patience.

Don´t arrive so early, Arriving after Boarding has started will save you from waiting for Boarding to start.

Book a Suite.

Buy the Key.

• Like 9

For $15 dollars I will say you are  my brother from a different mother and you can walk on with us......................

Just kidding.

It is worth the wait, just remember chill...............your going to be on a cruise with many other eager travelers....all wanting to be somewhere quick...................

You will get there.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you arrive BEFORE boarding starts..there will be a wait.  Nothing you can do about it.  If you arrive after 11 or so, boarding will be happening, and they move you through pretty quickly.  No waiting to be "called"...I mean, it's NOT like boarding an airplane...it's more like checking into a hotel.  Just don't get there too early, and you'll be fine.  Save your money.

7 hours ago, Nutsok said:

you need to pends a helluva lot more than a a twenty.   sail in a suite.  

I suppose you could try  cheating and worming your day up the head of the line regardless, but if  there is any justice in the universe, you'd be publicly shamed and made to wait until your  actual boarding number is called.   

if you are so important that you can't wait the ten minutes between first  group and final,   and are too cheap to sail Suites, purchase the Key for everyone.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

Always find it funny how so many are so anxious to be on board first before others.  

Then the same people are so anxious to get OFF the ship first before others.  

😂😵

Laura was just on a Miracle flight from SJ to MCO. Around 20 groups boarded early with wheel chairs. Most were 'healed' when it was time to depart. 

Praise the Lord.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 16
  • Haha 21

John, we got to love you! We experienced the same thing from Fort Lauderdale to Providence Rhode Island. It was a JetBlue Miracle flight. It's amazing what people will do.

Had the same issue on an Air Canada flight from Quebec changing planes in Toronto and then down to Fort Lauderdale. Amazing what happened when the plane landed in Fort Lauderdale. Not one wheelchair needed.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, 123funcruiser said:

Who are you going to corrupt? There would be a number of People being responsible to guide you where you don´t belong.

Here´s a few suggestions:

Seriously work on your Patience.

Don´t arrive so early, Arriving after Boarding has started will save you from waiting for Boarding to start.

Book a Suite.

Buy the Key.

Get a wheel chair.:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:  Sorry, did not  read all of the responses and John's mentioning of wheel chairs.

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura was just on a Miracle flight from SJ to MCO. Around 20 groups boarded early with wheel chairs. Most were 'healed' when it was time to depart. 

Praise the Lord.

Fly from Michigan to Az Seasonal. Always 20min Snowbirds needing assistance boarding, 15 walk off. This as Mesa/Gateway Airport has no Jetway and have to walk on Tarmac so it's a loooong walk off.

I generally have an aisle seat on an airplane. Unless I need overhead space, I don’t board with my assigned group because it doesn’t make sense for me to get comfortable in my seat only have to to get up when the window in the middle passengers arrive. 

Everyone has an assigned seat, I never can understand why people ( in coach) are rushing past each other to get on the plane! It’s so much more comfortable to sit at the gate.  

I have been putting off knee surgery, but now may take one of those miracle flights! 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1