Who has registered for 2022

lindylooellalouise

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

An interesting observation, a bit like an American saying that Princess does too many Caribbean cruises!

P&O is a UK cruise line catering for mainly UK passengers, Carnival has lots of cruise ships doing Alaska itineraries, and even if there were port slots available for P&O, it would have to charge similar prices to the other Carnival lines in order to be viable.

Absolutely  - makes no financial sense whatsoever from a P&O/Carnival perspective.

If you want a Japanese/Alaska cruise, Princess or HA have it covered.

13 hours ago, ann141 said:

Aurora and Arcadia are medium sized ships and could probably visit some more interesting itineraries.

You are limited with a 14 night itinerary which is why we prefer the 19 night cruises (usually on Aurora or Arcadia).Even with 14 night cruises P and O could probably visit certain ports that Fred or Saga are visiting e.g Almeria, El Ferrol' Menorca etc.(I have never previously visited those ports and there may not be much to see but I would like the opportunity) Some other cruise lines visit a wider range of Baltic ports than P and O (including Princess with similar size ships)I would like to visit Greenland which Princess and Fred do but not P and O .I also think P and O could offer more British Isles cruises, including around Ireland.I do think that P and O could offer a cruise to the Black Sea for say 24 nights but it is probably not worth their while (profit wise)to do so.

We will probably book one or 2 longer(more expensive) cruises with Saga or Fred in  2021 and 2022 in order to discover new places rather than keep going back to the same ports

Aurora is visiting El Ferrol on the one we have booked for October 2022.  It's quite an interesting place for a walk round.  Also Genoa where we have not been before.

55 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Aurora is visiting El Ferrol on the one we have booked for October 2022.  It's quite an interesting place for a walk round.  Also Genoa where we have not been before.

Thank you.I would quite like to visit Genoa as well as El Ferrol. (We once started a fly cruise from Genoa but didn t get the chance to look round before embarking.)Its a cruise that we will bear in mind(I have looked at the rest of the itinerary)but I don't want to book anything at the moment

13 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Thank you.I would quite like to visit Genoa as well as El Ferrol. (We once started a fly cruise from Genoa but didn t get the chance to look round before embarking.)Its a cruise that we will bear in mind(I have looked at the rest of the itinerary)but I don't want to book anything at the moment

I've looked at that cruise too as El Ferrol and Sorrento would be new to us, but there's one on Arcadia about the same time that visits some of the Greek Islands. Spoilt for choice, but we won't be booking yet either until we see how 2021 and our cruises turn out. 

Avril

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Where you dock in Genoa and the walk from the port to the town is very disappointed and as we dont do excursions found the town not very inspiring at all when we visited and wouldnt rush back to visit.

Cruising does spoil you a bit. Last year we were planing our Naples stop. I know, let's just have a wander around the City, we haven't done that. Bad move. This morning we were looking at a cruise for 2022 that included Naples. I suppose we will just have to go to blooming Capri again. Travel broadens the mind ?😁

39 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Where you dock in Genoa and the walk from the port to the town is very disappointed and as we dont do excursions found the town not very inspiring at all when we visited and wouldnt rush back to visit.

I have to agree with that, although we only went along the harbour front as it was fairly level for the wheelchair, and mainly traffic free. Totally underwhelming.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

In Genoa walk around the harbour till Piazza Caricamento, turn left up to Basilica di Santa Maria, then further north and turn left down Via Garibaldi towards ship.

• Like 2

Having received the documents today for the cruise I had pre-registered and am now booked on, I was happy to see that - even though I'd booked through a TA rather than direct, something I hadn't done for quite a few years - the FCC that I thought I had coming (but which had never been confirmed by P&O by email or letter) has been knocked off the outstanding balance. Admittedly the FCC was only from a 5% deposit, so only amounted to just over a hundred quid, but every little helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Cruising does spoil you a bit. Last year we were planing our Naples stop. I know, let's just have a wander around the City, we haven't done that. Bad move. This morning we were looking at a cruise for 2022 that included Naples. I suppose we will just have to go to blooming Capri again. Travel broadens the mind ?😁

Go to Herculaneum 

It’s  amazing

Other excursions are available, as well as P&O

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Go to Herculaneum 

It’s  amazing

Other excursions are available, as well as P&O

Thanks, will give it a go. We sometimes do a Ships tour, sometimes independent, sometimes just wander. Just waiting for RCI and Celebrity to decide on 2022.

I wonder what is the population of cruise lovers in regard of their age. I am pretty shure that the majority 50%+ are people above 50-55 (they make up like 50-60% of all passangers). I wonder why cruising is not that popular among younger generation. Its such an excellent way to explore the world 

31 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I wonder what is the population of cruise lovers in regard of their age. I am pretty shure that the majority 50%+ are people above 50-55 (they make up like 50-60% of all passangers). I wonder why cruising is not that popular among younger generation. Its such an excellent way to explore the world 

I think it is getting more popular with the younger generation for a couple of reasons. Their parents(ie our age group) are more likely to have cruised than the previous generation and talked of their wonderful experiences plus it is becoming more affordable.

We took our daughter and grandchildren for the first time last year and they wanted to cruise again so we are on Iona July 2021.

Michelle

Well got my booked cruise today and stateroom we wanted and a big chunk of our fcc taken off , booked Arcadia October 22 to Greek islands etc which we should of done this October, also been waiting and waiting for a 2022 Alaska cruise for Hal but nothing coming up ( a couple of weeks back ) so went a head and treated ourselves with all our refunds and booked a regent seven seas Explorer to Japan and Alaska 2023 19 nights , expensive yes but considering we wanted to do both countries and everything included it wasn’t much more than doing two separate cruises, so all booked up 😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I quite enjoyed Genoa as a cruise call. We walked all around the old town where there is a super Cathedral and another lovely old church (and I'm not religious, just enjoy the architecture) and then of course had to find a nice little restaurant for lunch to taste Pesto in it's original home!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

It varies enormously between different lines, countries, time of year and itineraries. NCL, Celebrity and Virgin (when they start) probably have a younger demographic whereas HAL skew older. In the UK, there is an older demographic on the Adult-only ships and the family ships get a younger demographic in school holiday times.

Pleased to say that my TA confirmed my 2022 booking this morning. Got a cabin where I wanted one so all good. My two FCC's will pay for more than two thirds of the cruise. Just have to hope now that nothing happens to make Carnival want to offload Aurora early and that it won't be my last chance to sail on her.

• Like 1

Yep, us too. TA  confirmed with booking confirmation, although odd figures, as someone at P&O has to put some of the FCC towards the deposit, but got the cabins we wanted and our April 2021 cruise is now defunct.  Deposits moved to 2022. 

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, ann141 said:

The uninspiring itineraries is one major reason we are not booking a 2022 at present.I have also noticed that Saga and FO are sailing to the Black Sea.Both are very expensive and I prefer P and O to Fred (haven't yet tried Saga)so we may end up cruising with either Fred or Saga.Both companies have more interesting itineraries in general than P and O..We probably will book something with P and O in the future  but probably as a last minute bargain

I have been on one recent Saga cruise and have three more booked. I love the size of their new ships. They are expensive but they are all-balcony ships and all-inclusive, including travel insurance, drinks, Wi-Fi, some excursions and transport to the docks. Compare like for like and they work out quite good value.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well got my booked cruise today and stateroom we wanted and a big chunk of our fcc taken off , booked Arcadia October 22 to Greek islands etc which we should of done this October

Yesterday swopped again our deposit from previously rearranged June 2021 Iceland cruise back to a Oct 2022 Central (Eastern) Arcadia cruise, We also should have been on the similar 2020 cruise a few weeks ago.

Did some clicking around the P&O website last night for 2022 cruises and the amount of booked cabins surprised me for the cruises which I looked at (vast majority taken), is it people like us moving cruises again, pent up demand or P&O holding back cabins?

14 hours ago, Roger88 said:

This is why the likes of Carnival and Royal Caribbean keep bringing out the huge resort ships - to appeal to a new generation. My concern is that it is to the detriment of their core cruisers in the older age ranges - the ones with more disposable income and time to cruise but who really don't want to  share a ship with 5000+ other pax.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Yesterday swopped again our deposit from previously rearranged June 2021 Iceland cruise back to a Oct 2022 Central (Eastern) Arcadia cruise, We also should have been on the similar 2020 cruise a few weeks ago.

Did some clicking around the P&O website last night for 2022 cruises and the amount of booked cabins surprised me for the cruises which I looked at (vast majority taken), is it people like us moving cruises again, pent up demand or P&O holding back cabins?

I would not put any credence on cabin availability based on the P&O website. I would always book via a TA or over the phone with P&O, as you can then get then the correct availability position.

• Like 2