News about CC member tomc

RuthC

Cruise Critic poster, avid cruiser, and (as far as anyone knows) originator of the "Live from" thread concept, tomc died today from covid-19. I was informed a couple of days ago that he was in the hospital, and on oxygen, and this morning that he was not expected to last the day. 

Tom always wanted to go out in a spectacular way. He once said something about wanting to be shot to death on the streets of NYC by a deranged Pope. Well, covid may not have been what he meant, but his timing was spectacular. He got to heaven in time for the big birthday party tomorrow, with the angels up all night singing hallelujah
. I'm sure he will appreciate the greeting.  

Tom was funny and creative. Definitely one of a kind. "Kind" being what he was most. 
He was the best friend I have ever had, and I will miss him terribly. 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 9

19 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

It’s been a long time since I remember seeing his posts, but remember enjoying them and chuckling along.

Tom last cruised in June, 2013, doing his customary "Live from ..." report from the ship. He posted since then, but rarely. 

Praying for you guys. I am new here and I barely know the story but let me wish you overcome all the difficiulties, all the obstacles on your way and live a long and healthy life. Sending love to all of you. Please take care 

5 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

So sorry to hear this.  I just got the e-mail from another CC poster.

We sailed with him many years ago.

KK!  I am so glad to read your post!  I miss your posts.  I hope your DH and you are well.  Merry Christmas and wishes for a more normal 2021!

• Like 2