The Daily for Monday August 16, 2021

richwmn

@St. Louis SalI'm sorry to hear about your liver transplant friend.  This is seriously dangerous for him!  And going back to no visitors is a tragedy for those in the hospital and in their final days especially.  I know neighbor Brenda didn't get to visit her Dad while he was in the hospital all week.  That has to weigh heavily on her mind.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

My friend who received the liver transplant has gotten Covid (probably from a staff member who was asymptomatic. Now his wife and daughter can’t visit.

How very sad 😔. Prayers for a safe recovery 🙏🏻 

• Like 9

I'm getting all kinds of strange things trying to read on this board, including site not available. I just cleared my cache and it seems to be working. I'm hoping this doesn't post multiple times!

@St. Louis Sal Sorry to hear about your friend with the liver transplant. So sad to not be able to have visitors.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Well the CC gremlin got me.  I can't like anything, but know I'm reading.  I've tried rebooting, closing and reopening, refreshing.

Same here - but now it seems to be working again.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

I really enjoyed all the tips about the insta-pot here the other day. I thought to use one to cook alligator tonight, but I only have a croc pot.

Groan....

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Pauline was a child bride like me - I was 19 also when we married.  DH was 21.  We sure felt like adults at the time but were so young!  I'm glad it's worked out so well for us.  Next month is our 52nd anniversary. 🥂

I'm delighted for you both Sandi. 

Happy 52nd wedding anniversary in advance.

Graham.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and your memories of Roller Coasters. I’m not a huge fan of of them but do enjoy a few of the tamer ones at Disney. I can’t tell a joke right so I’ve stopped trying. 🤣 

I believe after almost 47 years (this December) that Craig and I can celebrate True Love Forever Day. 
D7071FC9-287D-45C4-98F3-3968526B693F.thumb.jpeg.488596ffbf9533111a83ab98efc1b536.jpeg

AE503643-A33D-48E7-AC26-F8CF3BB09F64.thumb.jpeg.8d5c9875047a3122ab48edddcf36ba7d.jpeg

I was busy yesterday, mostly doing things for the cruise. We leave in 11 days!  I scheduled our covid tests. I found out that CVS schedules 2 weeks out. It’s not the closest CVS to us but not too far, not all of them do the PCR or Antigen tests.  It’s a relief knowing we have appointments. 

Thank you for your lists Roy and prayers to those on the Care list. @Mr. Boston extra prayers for your SIL. 

I’ll pass on the meal suggestion. I have a steak in the fridge for tonight that I hoping Craig will grill if it doesn’t rain. The monsoon storms have been crazy. Currently it’s the 3rd wettest monsoon on record.  Our yard looks horrible. 
AC57CBB5-29B2-4133-BF55-05C0DEDCAB9D.thumb.jpeg.085da53f2cac5d37d1d35609a29d2db7.jpeg

BTW, a few of my posts went poof yesterday and my like button only works half the time. 

Have a great day everyone!  

Lovely photos of you both Sharon.

Graham.

• Like 4

Good afternoon everyone. Just a quick note since I was on the phone for four hours this morning and didn’t close any one issue. I’m exhausted from all the red tape. Sam continues to improve and we are grateful for that.

Carol

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good afternoon all!

I love a good joke, but can’t always remember it well enough to repeat 😂. I hate roller coasters. My mom took me on the Flying Bobs at the Forest Park Highlands amusement park when I was quite young. That did me in forever. I found my true love in 1969. We celebrated our 51st anniversary this past July. Thanks to Covid our 50th anniversary riverboat cruise in France was canceled 😢.

I think Robert Frost was spot on.

I will skip the meal, but I’d love a glass of that wine and I prefer my Mai Tais made for me by a good bartender, preferably on a cruise.

Haven’t been to the day’s destination, love the pictures.

Thank you for the help about my CC info. I knew I could count on all of you. I’ve emailed Help, will keep my fingers crossed. 🤞

Quite a bit of sadness on our care list today. I pray for the people of Haiti. I fear for the safety of the women and children in Afghanistan. My friend who received the liver transplant has gotten Covid (probably from a staff member who was asymptomatic. Now his wife and daughter can’t visit. Prayers for all in need. 🙏 And raising a glass to happy times (especially for those finally getting to cruise!) 🍷

St Louis Sal

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend who has caught covid19 especially after having a liver transplant.

Prayers 🙏 it is only a mild infection and he recovers quickly.

Graham.

• Like 4

Well here goes nothing.  All afternoon I have been able to read the posts if i'm not logged in.  As soon as I log in, I've gotten an error message they cannot find the page.  I tried clearing the browsing history, reading the posts, and then logging in.  So I don't know if this post will appear, appeatr once or multiple times. 🤞

I also like the Robert Frost quote although wishing is good if you can follow through on your wishes.  

While I was a child bride, I was the old one in that department, as I was 20 when we married and DH was 22.

@kazu  Sorry to hear that your BFF's DH has an infection.  Hope it is cleared up quickly and his PT helps him get home soon.

@smitty34877  Terry, that is good news that Tana is progressing, and that you now have a helper for dishwashing.

@NextOne  Glad you shingles are better.  It looks like the vacinne and getting the anti-viral medicine helped make it a light case.

@Sharon in AZ  Glad to know that Arizona is getting rain, including Quartzsite.  It has been really dry the last year or so.  Wish the rest of the western US and Canada could get more rain.

@CruiseMGM  Loved the joke.

@St. Louis Sal  Such sad news that your friend with the liver transplant has covid, especially as it could have been prevented if everyone had their shots.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Well, it's been both a busy and depressing day for me.  Rehab in AM, checking state and county Covid data (both in the wrong direction but seem to be starting to level out), a bit of shopping, and church finance committee meeting at 4.  Depressing, our fire department vice president is in the ICY following triple bypass, heart valve replacement, and still needing a pacemaker, and a Vacation Bible School staff member at the church I visit when Miami coming down with Covid.

I was going to post some Noumea pictures but right now Cruise Critic won't let me.

Roy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

Wow,  CC is a mess, I can’t like, it keeps saying it’s unavailable, yikes!  

But thanks all,  enjoying the child bride discussion, lol,  I was 20 by a Few weeks 🤷‍♀️😂🤭😉

and DH was 21.  I think we grew up together but we did feel very mature at the time.  

we have awful levels of smoke today, so another day in the house.  I might have to do something have been avoiding, lol! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

I finally was able to respond to a post just now.I can use my phone but not my laptop.I would sign in and then another individuals' name would show.Hmmmm.

It made me realize how often I check in..

5225.jpeg

Just precious, Terry!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I've been having problems with CC this afternoon, too.  I could get to the HAL listings, but then couldn't open any threads.  Seems to be cleared up now.  This place is just too popular.

Lots of BC is under evacuation alert or evacuation order.  It's looking really bad.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

@rafinmd, I'm sorry that you're feeling the heavy weight of things today.  It's hard not to, I'm afraid.

@smitty34877, your beautiful photo reminds us once again that much is right with the world.

I hope this posts.  I, too, am getting plugged into everyone's account but my own.

Keep staying safe, Everyone.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Well, it's been both a busy and depressing day for me.  Rehab in AM, checking state and county Covid data (both in the wrong direction but seem to be starting to level out), a bit of shopping, and church finance committee meeting at 4.  Depressing, our fire department vice president is in the ICY following triple bypass, heart valve replacement, and still needing a pacemaker, and a Vacation Bible School staff member at the church I visit when Miami coming down with Covid.

I was going to post some Noumea pictures but right now Cruise Critic won't let me.

Roy

So very sorry to hear of your FD VP requiring bypass surgery and needing a pacemaker, Roy! And the Miami church staff member with Covid. Sending my very best wishes to them and their loved ones in the hopes they can get through this quickly and easily and with no lasting effects.

• Like 9

I don't usually post pictures of ports I visit on Crystal when others have photos but this is a bit different and I'll try to get some in while I have a bit of free time.  After my experience trying to post a couple hours ago I will break this into 2 posts.   I was there on the Crystal Serenity in 2018 and had onboard credit to burn so I booked a helicopter flight:

thebird.jpg

I've ridden in helicopters several times but this is the first from a regular airport.  I was surprised when we just rose about 5 feet and hovered to the end of the  runway and took off like a regular airplane.  I'll start with a birds eye overview of the island:

birdseye.jpg

Much of our time was over lovely reefs:

reef2.jpg

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

🤞 Right now the gremlins seem to be bothering someplace else, and I can login, like and change pages, at least on my tablet.

@rafinmd Roy, sorry you had such a down day.  Hope the fire department vp recovers quickly and uneventfully.  Sorry your friend in Miami has Covid, sending best wishes for a quick recovery.  On a brighter note, thank you for your pictures of today's port.

@mamaofami  Carol, glad Sam continues to improve.  Hope you get the issues resolved soon.

@smitty34877 Terry, Miss Camilla gets cuter everyday. She looks so alert, too.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

I've been having problems with CC this afternoon, too.  I could get to the HAL listings, but then couldn't open any threads.  Seems to be cleared up now.  This place is just too popular.

Lots of BC is under evacuation alert or evacuation order.  It's looking really bad.

Be safe, Ann.

• Like 7