The Daily for Saturday August 21, 2021

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread. The family atmosphere is an oasis on the internet.

Celebration of seniors happen every day we awake! I'm not a spumoni fan, but DH loves anything that looks, feels, seems like ice cream. Love the quote! I'm not a coconut fan, but I will make a "pina colada" with coconut rum, and skip the cream.

It looks like it will be a very hot week coming up. Highs in the upper 20's/low 30's with humidex of mid to high 30's every day. No rest for the air conditioner, to be sure.

Please stay well. Blessings to all!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon on a wet 60°F day.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and thanks to Roy for our mention in Roy's celebrations list for our 40th wedding anniversary on August 22nd.

Nice collection of days.

Our Golden Rods at the side of our front garden attracts lots of Honey bees.

Pauline likes a Pina Colada on board ship so great drink choice.

I am 64 and Pauline 59 so we are senior citizens.

Spumoni is lovely.

Great quote for today and hopefully everyone should show good character.

We have never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

We have been out for breakfast this morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day and please stay safe 😷.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210821_121627.jpg

Screenshot_20210821_121714.jpg

Screenshot_20210821_122014.jpg

IMG_20210821_093454.jpg

Happy anniversary tomorrow!  

that spumoni  actually looks amazing! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks!  Please Roy,  @rafinmd add yourself to the list!    Waiting can be the hardest time!  We don’t want the shoemaker’s children to go barefoot.  

We too are having cooler weather but our lovely blue skies have returned so we’re happy.  

We had a lovely visitor yesterday!

F293F250-35D6-423C-A43D-1A98A2BB247B.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21

Good Afternoon. I'm late checking in today. I spent the morning working on a community garden project - working on installing a fence around the garden area. We ran into burried irrigation and power lines so we only got partly done. It is 91 hot degrees here so the pool was the immediate destination when I got home.

The meal suggestino sounds good but I would go with Debbie's suggested modifications.

Spumoni is OK but not a favorite. I like the wine - it would qualify as one of Jacqui's "un-oaked" Charonnays.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 18

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days! Honey bees are so important, and I'll celebrate Senior Citizens Day although I'm not sure what age is considered to be a Senior. I don't care for Spumoni.

Great quote.

I like the meal, love Pina Coladas, and the wine is ok. I like Roy's meal too.

I have been to Napier, NZ on my first HAL cruise from Auckland to Sydney.

I had a nice dinner out. The staff was masked and people entering the restaurant as well. It was pretty empty at the time, although diners filtered in and it was about 2/3 full when we left. Air circulation was good, so hopefully all is good.

@dfish Great "honeybee" picture 🙂

@grapau27  Happy Anniversary tomorrow!

@smitty34877 I hope you and your MA family stay safe from Henri.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone!

Some pictures from Napier: 

Logs at the port ready for shipping

1956911870_141-LogginginNapierNZ.thumb.JPG.24d423fefdc069e177cc096cda84b178.JPG

Black sand beach

1684160800_145-BlacksandinNapier.thumb.JPG.a12b006f8e1a2839085f46052c981c42.JPG

Napier is the Art Deco capital of NZ

1224992877_146-ArtDecobuildinginNapier.thumb.JPG.38185a7e56c50e334e2659be85281a1e.JPG

994573448_147-NapieristheartdecocapitalofNZ.thumb.JPG.a7ffc6ccb427880c3d801111a43d41b0.JPG

152.thumb.JPG.eea1a33f539fcca484241428251eb006.JPG

155.thumb.JPG.6f548775593a3c7e788876099f76ac2b.JPG

Art Deco Church

1876300348_156-FountainandartdecochurchNapier.thumb.JPG.d133074eb19d1c39fbd28b5c643cc551.JPG

The Twin City Stompers entertaining

2113440068_154-TheTwinCityStompersentertaining.thumb.JPG.44be4f4f1ae883eccf49a7750a9877e4.JPG

View of the Statendam from Bluff Hill Outlook

142284318_157-ViewofourshipfromBluffHilllookout.thumb.JPG.4119967fa0e7df2757fa8938219ee256.JPG

Unique trees and man all leaning on Bluff Hill

1594740761_162-UniquetreesandmanleaningonBluffHill.thumb.JPG.6e8c6c92d30d77f9b60f985c87bc57f9.JPG

Waterfall in Centennial Gardens

908926565_174-Thiswasaquarrytransformedin1974togardens.thumb.JPG.534a12d6cb721084d0165adb12fc2358.JPG

Thank you.

Lovely photos.

We went out for dinner tonight.

IMG_20210821_165950.jpg

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Yes!  Scary times. 

With final payment day fast approaching, we just cancelled a fall cruise....sadly. Seems foolish to go looking for trouble. I hope we soon get past this thing, but in the meantime, we're not cruising.....and we miss it.

• Like 17

We arrived home from our morning duties right about lunch time.  And we didn't get any raindrops on us!  I did hear some thunder a while ago though.  

DH and I were the first visitors to sign the guest book at the funeral home.  No one was there except for us.  Copeland and his son Billy were on opposite sides of the room with a few flower arrangements and some sofas to sit on.  Copeland had a bible under one hand and one of his beloved hats lying on top of his other hand.  On a nearby table was another of his hats on display.  We sat and said our prayers, then departed.  A very unique funeral experience to say the least.

@grapau27I forgot to mention I liked your "breakfast out" photos today.  Also @JazzyVand @sailingdutchythanks for the great photos of Napier.  It's not often you see a black sand beach.  I know when we were there no one else was on it except for DH.  I stood at the edge and took photos of him and the empty beach.

@ger_77as a member of the Garden Club Cheerleaders, I say YAY for the 2 Dipladenias.  And @kazu the same for your rescue hibiscus plants.  They look wonderful ladies!  🌺

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

We don't really celebrate attainment date in the US either.  It's a legal construct that I became familiar with working for the Social Security Administration (our public retirement agency).  It was almost the holy grail to be born on the second because then you "attained" retirement age on the first of the month and got paid for the entire month.  If you were born on the first you technically missed a month because you became eligible on the last day of the prior month (and didn't get paid for that) and if born the 3rd or later you missed almost a full months benefits.

I was really planning on recognizing your anniversary tomorrow but the celebration list seemed a little short today and I said "why not".  Besides, it will actually be your anniversary by the time most of us go to bed (and already is for @erewhon).  Tomorrow my emphasis will be on starting your 41st year.

@Seasick Sailor I will not put myself on the care list.  It may be 2 months before I have any results which I would consider a good thing.  If they do find something I would likely know earlier but anything found should be easily treated.  I might spring for the rotation.

Roy

Thanks Roy.

• Like 8

@AncientWandererI'm glad you recognized Sue, sometimes called Susie by her family.   You'll be able to see us on the ship!   

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh yum!  More food!  Sure looks good.  How do you both keep your stylish figures?

That was my question.  I think I gain a few pounds looking at the pictures.   But, I did buy chicken and kale today.   I'll cook it tomorrow.  

• Like 12

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I will not put myself on the care list.  It may be 2 months before I have any results which I would consider a good thing.  If they do find something I would likely know earlier but anything found should be easily treated.  I might spring for the rotation.

Well, maybe you won't but the rest of us can.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I understand that it is senior citizen day but I have a hard time getting my mind around that.

I am always confused when an old person holds the door for me and addresses  me as "sir".

(But then when I try to do something physical my body lets me know - lol)

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon.  Fog has lifted and sun it peeking through the clouds.  May be a good afternoon for a beach walk. 

Thank you all for the pictures, posts and sharing of celebrations.  Roy, you are on my care list as are everyone else.  

Rich, really appreciate the time you take to give us the daily.

We enjoyed our stop in Napier.  

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. 

Stay well and safe. 

• Like 16

Good afternoon all , I hope everyone is having a great day. We’re supposed to get some rain tonight and tomorrow from Henri and then back to a heat wave next week. 
  @rafinmd, a request for the care list . A member of the Cape May NJ beach patrol was injured on duty Thursday when the lifeboat he was rowing was broadsided by a wave . He hit his head and was pulled out by other guards and given CPR and airlifted to a trauma center Sadly, he passed on Friday night.

He was 16 years old. Prayers for his family and the Beach patrol members

RIP Norman Inferrerra 3rd.💔🙏

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

6 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

A member of the Cape May NJ beach patrol was injured on duty Thursday when the lifeboat he was rowing was broadsided by a wave . He hit his head and was pulled out by other guards and given CPR and airlifted to a trauma center Sadly, he passed on Friday night.

Horrible accident. It reminds us of all the people we take for granted who's job is to look after us and keep us safe.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

a request for the care list . A member of the Cape May NJ beach patrol was injured on duty Thursday when the lifeboat he was rowing was broadsided by a wave . He hit his head and was pulled out by other guards and given CPR and airlifted to a trauma center Sadly, he passed on Friday night.

Adding my prayers for Norman, his family, friends, colleagues and entire community. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 9