The Daily for Thursday 05/26/2022

richwmn

48 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Happy Thursday, everyone! For those cruising, be happy you’re  on a BHB and not the Carnival Freedom, with the smoke stack on fire in Grand Turk!

Oh, that's too bad.  I heard the Royal Caribbean  Harmony backed into a pier in Jamaica.

Edited by puppycanducruise
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning from a cloudy but warm day at the beach

Sally Ride was a very special person who died too young. I remember well the day she flew into space.   No to Dracula and have not been to todays port.

Ann @cat shepard A very big shout out to your grand nephew. You have very good reason to be proud of him!

Graham,  @grapau27  Wished you had received better news. Hopefully the injections will give you relief. 

Had my eye injection today and go back in 10 weeks. Thankfully it is working and my vision is very good.  

We leave early AM tomorrow for the wedding. It will be a lot of fun seeing everyone. I saw many but not all of them a few weeks ago in Boston at the last wedding.  All my nephews. These weddings have been delayed  because of Covid.  Wished they had spaced them a little more. LOL. Have 1 more in Pennsylvania in June! That should be it for awhile. Not complaining, this is all happy times. In 2021, all my family did was attend funerals!

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenda.

This was recommended by Pauline's cousin in Australia where humans swear by it 

It is for horses and dogs and we bought it on line from the pet shed.

It certainly works but if I rub anything into my knees to long I must have soft tissue damage because the inside of my knees ache.

16535784899441636545404874652778.jpg

Graham, I'm glad you found something that works.  What we like about Aspercreme is the lidocaine, which deadens the pain, and you don't have to rub it in for long or hard.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Things are looking up a bit for me, still quite anxious about the upcoming cruise. I had the Covid test yesterday and it was negative. Navigator completed and working. Still need to upload my immunization card into ArriveCan so I can get a receipt and still need to get the selfie to upload into VeriFly. Fortunately the tekkie that built my computer is coming over this afternoon to do those things. Other than that I am packed and ready to go except for last minute things such as meds.

Jane

• Like 22

16 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Graham, I'm glad you found something that works.  What we like about Aspercreme is the lidocaine, which deadens the pain, and you don't have to rub it in for long or hard.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

I will check on line to see if I can get some.

Graham.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Things are looking up a bit for me, still quite anxious about the upcoming cruise. I had the Covid test yesterday and it was negative. Navigator completed and working. Still need to upload my immunization card into ArriveCan so I can get a receipt and still need to get the selfie to upload into VeriFly. Fortunately the tekkie that built my computer is coming over this afternoon to do those things. Other than that I am packed and ready to go except for last minute things such as meds.

Jane

Have a great and we’ll deserved cruise Jane! 

• Like 14

32 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a cloudy but warm day at the beach

Sally Ride was a very special person who died too young. I remember well the day she flew into space.   No to Dracula and have not been to todays port.

Ann @cat shepard A very big shout out to your grand nephew. You have very good reason to be proud of him!

Graham,  @grapau27  Wished you had received better news. Hopefully the injections will give you relief. 

Had my eye injection today and go back in 10 weeks. Thankfully it is working and my vision is very good.  

We leave early AM tomorrow for the wedding. It will be a lot of fun seeing everyone. I saw many but not all of them a few weeks ago in Boston at the last wedding.  All my nephews. These weddings have been delayed  because of Covid.  Wished they had spaced them a little more. LOL. Have 1 more in Pennsylvania in June! That should be it for awhile. Not complaining, this is all happy times. In 2021, all my family did was attend funerals!

Stay safe and enjoy today

Thank you.

I'm pleased your eye injection is making your vision very good.

I hope you have a lovely time at the wedding.

Graham.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Make sure you take at least double the meds you would normally need Jane.

I hope your cruise is fantastic.

Graham.

• Like 10

Good morning and thanks all!  Seems like many of us are dealing with normal aging, not fun but beats the alternative.  
@kazu glad no major side effects from the shots
@Heartgroveglad your DB didn’t have a heart attack, hope for improvement

@AncientWanderer interesting about your DH,  I’ve heard that people can be contagious for quite awhile.   Our DS had  symptoms for well over five days and tested positive for around 10 as well. 

@ger_77glad you discovered that tick!  Interesting survivor outcome.

@TiogaCruiser thanks for the recipes, yum! Now to find the purée,  that will likely be my hardest task.  
@smitty34877 hope Tana gets some Improvement soon

373B6DF6-1CEE-42F6-A52D-C33425A47CA8.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

We booked the nice 30-day Atlantic Sunsets and British Isles for next May.  I had booked a Cunard crossing and DH was not enthusiastic about having to dress for dinner every night.  He offered to find a good alternative.  His choice won't exactly be torture. lol

Maxine

Maxine,

We are on the second leg, the British Isles, of your cruise. Looking forward to it too!

- Jack

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@grapau27  Graham, DH uses Aspercreme on his knees at bedtime, and it works all night.  If you don't have Aspercreme in the UK, it is a cream or lotion that has lidocaine as an ingredient.  It can also be applied every few hours.

Lenda

I love Aspercreme and even the version without the lidocaine works reasonably well.  And, you don't smell like Walter!

@Heartgrove Happy about the good news about your brother.   Sounds like you have a great cruise to look forward to.

@lazey1 Relax and enjoy!

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

A salute to Sally Ride. I liked reading the Dracula book, but only could take the old B&W movies (newer ones scared me, lol). I know a few true redheads. Great quote.

The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and wine (band-aid and latex?).

I've been to China (river cruise), but not Dalian.

It's partly sunny now, but storms and damaging winds later! Quite the day yesterday. Soon after I posted, my left eye got red and exquisitely light sensitive. So sunglasses went on indoors, and hourly drops. It's ok now. Then I got a letter that my insurance would cover the non-formulary medication, Kevzara, but I had no idea about my cost. Then a call from the pharmaceutical company that I'd been accepted to their assistance program, and they are shipping the medication today with arrival tomorrow! I'll start it next week after some bloodwork on Tuesday. My UK friend who had surgery texted me from the CCU (equivalent to our ICU) yesterday afternoon to say she was out of surgery.

@StLouisCruisers Bon Voyage! I'll look for you on your sail-away. Sorry about the itinerary change.

@kb4683 Bon Voyage!

@grapau27 I hope the steroids and therapy works. I'm overdue for another shot as my last one was 2019. Hyaluronic acid injections have been mentioned, although the steroids worked well in the past. Funny, sleeping on my back makes my knee more painful, so I sleep on my side with a small travel pillow between my knees (the knee pillow I bought was too hard and hurt!).

@kazu Ugh on that timeslot; most companies do better than that nowadays. 

@smitty34877 I hope Tana has some better days to come. 

@cat shepard Congrats to your nephew, especially his overcoming obstacles. 

@Heartgrove I hope rehab can help your brother; good news on no heart attack.

@marshhawk Stay safe during the bad weather! 

@ger_77 So nice that your birth family is welcoming. Good that DH's tick was ok. I live in the tick capital of the US, so lots on the news lately about looking for them and lyme disease. I don't really check myself, but do use repellant regularly.

@rafinmd Enjoy part 2 of your cruise!

@Cruising-along I'm a Downton fan, but still hesitant on going into a movie theater; maybe an early mid-week show would be fine.

@AncientWanderer I'm glad you're still negative. Although DH is still positive, I hope his symptoms remain mild and resolve soon. 

@cunnorl Safe travels to the wedding.

@lazey1 Good news on the negative test. Have a great cruise!

Prayers for the Care List, Ukraine, and the victims/families of Uvalde. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Maxine,

We are on the second leg, the British Isles, of your cruise. Looking forward to it too!

- Jack

That's awesome, Jack!  It's a great itinerary.  We've been to some of the ports, but all are definitely worth a repeat.   👍

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Another bright, sunny and very dry day in Durango. The plus side of that is no lightning. Our fire is still going but not growing. The winds are pushing it toward an old burn scar from a 2017 fire so it does not have much fuel and the helicopters and tankers and pretty much slowed its path in other directions. They hope to have it contained by the weekend when the winds and temps will rise. 

Today's meal looks good, I will have to give it a try. Since my kitchen is a work in progress it may have to wait. When they finish it is going to take me some time to locate everything.  I would so much prefer to have someone else to be preparing my meals, and serving them, and doing the dishes. Do I need  cruise?

Susan

• Like 19
  • Haha 3

Finally a bit of a breather after working on unpacking and setup.  Thank you for the Daily Rich and for copying over my lists.  I've known a few redheads and will salute Sally Ride but pass on Dracula.  Have not been to Dalia  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is (Kids) fruit cup, Braised Lamb Shank, and Apple Blossom A La Mode. as served on Adventure of the Seas May 25, 2022:

dishes25.jpg

Today’s care list:

Robb Elementary School
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
Wildfire near durango scots
kazu dealing with banking failures
Grapau27 knee x-ray results
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems ad problematic bone scan
From the rotation:
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems
oceansaway17
Ukraine
St. Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway forRowsby
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
cunnorl weekend wedding trip to Naples(FL)
Mamaofami’s grandson
ottahand7 arrival at their cabin
catinmylap DH successful surgery
2 days for Dismomx5 and lazey1 (Koningsdam 5/28 to 6/4)
Bon Voyage StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess 5/26 to 6/29)
rafinmd (Adventure OTS to May 31), Atexsix (Discovery Princess to 5/29), and kochleffel (NCL Jade to 5/29)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

Judging by the amount of crates sitting on the dock we will NOT be leaving at 4 pm. And we’ve been waiting for hours for our luggage so I guess the earlier you arrive the later your luggage arrives at your door. I’ll do my best to be cognizant of our departure so I don’t miss sailaway waving.  However dinner is scheduled for 7:20 so if it’s that late, sorry for missing it. 🤷‍♀️

Kay @kb4683if I don’t find you at the meet and greet we’re in C527 so you can leave me a message if you want. 

🚢

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Finally a bit of a breather after working on unpacking and setup.  Thank you for the Daily Rich and for copying over my lists.  I've known a few redheads and will salute Sally Ride but pass on Dracula.  Have not been to Dalia  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is (Kids) fruit cup, Braised Lamb Shank, and Apple Blossom A La Mode. as served on Adventure of the Seas May 25, 2022:

dishes25.jpg

Today’s care list:

Robb Elementary School
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
Wildfire near durango scots
kazu dealing with banking failures
Grapau27 knee x-ray results
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems ad problematic bone scan
From the rotation:
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems
oceansaway17
Ukraine
St. Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway forRowsby
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
cunnorl weekend wedding trip to Naples(FL)
Mamaofami’s grandson
ottahand7 arrival at their cabin
catinmylap DH successful surgery
2 days for Dismomx5 and lazey1 (Koningsdam 5/28 to 6/4)
Bon Voyage StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess 5/26 to 6/29)
rafinmd (Adventure OTS to May 31), Atexsix (Discovery Princess to 5/29), and kochleffel (NCL Jade to 5/29)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for the updated lists Roy and my inclusion.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

When is your cruise and what ship?

Roy

• Like 7

Good Afternoon Dailyites.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Thank you Rich and Roy for the lists.,  Appreciate the prayers for my continued problems.

@kazuI hope your FP comes through and straightens out your financial situation.

@StLouisCruisershave a wonderful cruise.  Sorry about the cancelled port.

@grapau27I hope you get some relief from your knee pain.  take it from one who knows, steroid injections in the knee are really effective.

@rafinmdenjoy the second part of your cruise.  if you have the opportunity, could you send me an email?  I have a question to ask you.  Thanks.

Admire Sally Ride.  She was quite a woman.  Not a fan of Dracula and was never a redhead.

I like the quote and the wine.

Will pass on the meal and have never been to the port.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@grapau27 Another topical gel to consider is one I first secured from a pharmacist in Scotland when I broke a toe. It's also helped my downhill skiing damaged bum knee, too.

IMG_20220526_155015728.thumb.jpg.1264848f0bebae151aec3b262017aec0.jpg

A similar gel is now available OTC in the USA but, prior to that, I'd been able to restock this Scotland secured gel in Canada. So, I'm guessing you'd find it in the U.K.

(But, do heed its label warnings.)

Good luck! Bum knees are the worst!

-Melisa

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

When is your cruise and what ship?

Roy

Konigsdam 5/28/22_6-4/22 Alaska Inland Passage from Vancouver.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1