The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 20th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning all.... I got a good night's sleep last night and am feeling brighter today. Need to hustle with washing some rugs since rain is forecast. We will see. Yesterday was a strange day with the funeral dominating the news and I just had to keep watching.

Today laundry, and tossing. And wait for the rain.

Susan

• Like 19

Good morning all. It has been a crazy week already and it is only Tuesday. Visited with my 92 year old father on Sunday, trying to work out a meal plan for winter so he doesn’t have to go out if the weather is bad. He doesn’t cook so we need to find prepared meals he will eat. He doesn’t want anything with pieces of chicken or beef in them as he says he can’t chew it. This will be a challenge. He has already nixed two items! And meals on wheels won’t work. He has tried it twice and never lasted longer than 4 weeks. It would be so much simpler if he would let me cook and freeze meals for him. He does let my daughters make soup for him so that helps. Ongoing struggle!

Watched the funeral yesterday. So much history but so difficult for the family to grieve in public like that. 

Taking it easy this morning until we go for our bivalent Covid booster just after lunch. Then I will continue with my fall cleaning. I have been tackling a room on a daily basis. Makes it so much easier than trying to do the whole thing at once. Should be all done by next week. Not a big house (1000 sq ft) but when you include the basement, the sunroom and the garage it extends the time it takes. 

prayers for everybody that needs them and, if I feel ok after my shot, I will hoist a drink for those celebrating.

• Like 24

Good morning all!

I'll pass on the Pepperoni pizza, red wine and quinoa in the meal, but the drink sounds good as does some punch if it isn't too sweet. I'm definitely "getting ready" because we'll leave in 16 days for our cruise!  Love the quote. 

We have been to Trieste twice.  The first time was mid-way through our cruise last year.  That day we didn't get off the ship, as Italy required ship tours and we didn't have any (the port was substituted for Venice at the last minute).  Those getting off the cruise that day were shuttled to Venice.  The second time we did get off the ship on a bus tour of the city but it was pouring rain, thunder and lightening 😉  I'd love to see the city again under better circumstances!

Today I'm meeting my BFF for lunch.  It will be the warmest day this week (74 F) and then cool off again.

Here are my photos.

Too bad we couldn't get off the ship the first time, it looked like it would be a beautiful day.  Sunrise that morning.

271762737_Triestesunrise.jpg.1e18a70723e295865f7b49686ded9ef1.jpg

And some views from our balcony.

Trieste.jpg.2ea6d7f6061c9930a2dc974fc0a0e585.jpg

48072041_Triestehalf-way.jpg.9814995ea8259f7f68d4e35fd208e7c2.jpg

1807874645_Triesteview.jpg.5d0b6acb7d0195a61fe417c03bc63e43.jpg

And our rainy bus tour the second time we were there.

Ancient ruins.  We could barely see them through the rain.

1454088485_wetancientruins.jpg.d1aa6c9171a3c698b91e9206164ea191.jpg

The Theater in Trieste

1743121658_TheaterTrieste.jpg.f81862676feb047077b4fb7cd7dd35c8.jpg

Some views of the city through the raindrops.

1350931629_Triesterainycity.jpg.cb463244d0c055567b37948bed1c2ee9.jpg

At the end of the tour it cleared up a little and we were able to get off the bus to get this view of Miremare Castle.

1719835571_MirmareCastle.jpg.46ce277c734ffb6c41b46fc9a0080467.jpg

Rainbow over Trieste

156363609_rainbowoverTrieste.jpg.39fec0dce45dcca5dbf403efb713d925.jpg

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 6

43 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'll pass on the Pepperoni pizza, red wine and quinoa in the meal, but the drink sounds good as does some punch if it isn't too sweet. I'm definitely "getting ready" because we'll leave in 16 days for our cruise!  Love the quote. 

We have been to Trieste twice.  The first time was mid-way through our cruise last year.  That day we didn't get off the ship, as Italy required ship tours and we didn't have any (the port was substituted for Venice at the last minute).  Those getting off the cruise that day were shuttled to Venice.  The second time we did get off the ship on a bus tour of the city but it was pouring rain, thunder and lightening 😉  I'd love to see the city again under better circumstances!

Today I'm meeting my BFF for lunch.  It will be the warmest day this week (74 F) and then cool off again.

Here are my photos.

Too bad we couldn't get off the ship the first time, it looked like it would be a beautiful day.  Sunrise that morning.

The Theater in Trieste

At the end of the tour it cleared up a little and we were able to get off the bus to get this view of Miremare Castle.

Rainbow over Trieste

Thanks Carolyn for your photos of Trieste.  It certainly looks like a beautiful Italian city.  I hope you get a third try there!  The sunrise photo was gorgeous

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Here are my photos.

The Theater in Trieste

Rainbow over Trieste

Lovely photos.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a pleasant but warming central Texas.  It was so nice early this morning that we decided to put the top down on the convertible and go for a drive-thru breakfast.  When we finished, since there was not much on the agenda today, we decided to take a ride.  We headed toward the dam, but took a side road which turned into a dead-end a few miles later.  After we turned around, we found a road that branched off the first one, and we followed it until we came to the dam.  From there, we headed back home.  We saw areas we'd never seen in the 23 years we've lived here.

Once home, I took the car up to the gas station across from our little community to get it inspected.  It passed with no problem.

Pepperoni pizza is my favorite, but I usually get it double pepperoni with onions and mushrooms.  Punch is all right at a party depending on the punch, but it cannot have Hawaiian Punch as an ingredient.  Get ready day is interesting.

I found this explanation of Get Ready day on line:

"The American Public Health Association's (APHA) Get Ready Day is on the third Tuesday in September, coinciding with National Preparedness Month. The campaign's aim is to prepare American citizens and their communities for emergency crisis situations like natural disasters or hazards."

The Dalai Lama's quote is very true.

I will take the chicken salad with out the quinoa.  I know it's healthy for you, but I just could not like it when I tried it.  The wine sounds good, but we'll pass on the drink.

We have not been to Trieste.  In 2019, when the Veendam stopped in Rijeka, Croatia, we had a tour schedule to go to Trieste.  A few days before we arrived in Rijeka, the tour operator informed the ship they were canceling the tour.  It seems there were problems with the border crossing in both directions with long delays.  The operator could not guarantee he could get the tour back in a reasonable time for the ship to arrive in Venice the next day at the scheduled time.

@dfish  Debbie, I have my fingers crossed 🤞 today's fix does the trick.  The one "good?" thing about a roof leak is you don't have to go into a basement to see it.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you get your car back today.

@aliaschief  Bruce, thanks for the awesome picture of the eagle.

@ger_77  Gerry, welcome home.  I'm glad you got most of your hugs.

@Cruising-along  Thank you for your pictures of Trieste.  The day in Rijeka was rainy, so that might have been our weather in Trieste, too.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone!  I’ll pass on the pepperoni pizza, I prefer sausage and mushroom pizza. But I’ll take the quinoa chicken salad and thank you for the recipes Debbie @dfish. Sorry to hear about your basement problems and I hope everything works out. You need a stress free cruise!

Yesterday was a doctor’s appointment and errands. Today Blue has his paw-idcure and dental scaling. I need to get back to Target to pick up a prescription too. I recorded the Queen’s funeral and need to finish the rest. It was sweet to see William and Kate’s older two children sit so still during the service but also somber. I was surprised to see Fergie sitting with the family members but glad they included her.  I’ll watch the rest this afternoon. 

We were in Trieste June 13th when we disembarked the Oosterdam. We only saw it from our bus windows on our way to Venice. I think it would be a lovely place to tour.  This is the cruise terminal:

D82FD833-9913-41CA-96E5-DF5EEC2C79A8.thumb.jpeg.476525ff660ca45db06311594a869f5f.jpeg

I didn’t take any other pictures but Craig might have so I’ll check his later. 

Jacqui @kazu, I hope you get your car back soon. 

Gerry @ger_77, welcome home. I would have whacked Craig long before we got home if he had taken the long way back home!

Ann @cat shepard, welcome home!  I need to go back and catch up on your posts about your cruise. Sounds like you had a great time. 

Carol @mamaofami - Happy Anniversary!

Terri  @Cruzin Terri, enjoy your upcoming trip and I’m sure there will be progress on your house very soon. Thinking about you!

Joy @Seasick Sailor, I like your suggestion of adding mushrooms to the green bean recipe. 

Have a great day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Sort of plodding along today after losing most of yesterday to the funeral but I did want to comment that my condo tried to ambush me yesterday. After I was finished watching TV, I went into the hallway to pick up some rugs to wash and thought I smelled something like an electrical smell. Went back into the kitchen to check stove .... nope, not that. Went back into the hall and looked up and there was a smoke alarm handing by a wire from the ceiling. OK.... I have promised everyone I will not do ladders and certainly not electrical. Called my usual electrician and the office girl said they could get to it in 2 weeks. I don't think so. Pled old age and senility and she said she would have Matt (the owner call me). I turned off the electricity to hall and about 20 minutes later Matt showed up. Got scolded for not having changed the alarm a few years ago.... wiring was ok and alarm is now replaced. Whew!!!! Need to make appointment to have my heaters serviced before winter descends and also he said I needed an additional alarm to bring condo up to code. Can do a battery one (Beep, beep, beep!!!).

Susan

• Like 20

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Mmmm, my go to pizza is pepperoni. Punch is ok, if not too sweet. Is national get ready day like this being preparedness month? I've ordered a solar generator (due to all my power outages and food loss) and am doing some preparedness things.

Great quote. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Trieste or Venice. Thanks for the photos @Cruising-along.

It's sunny here and mid-70's. Then a cold front comes in and 46 Thursday night! I need to think about transplanting that rhodie I want to move. BFF and I are going out to a local restaurant for their Oktoberfest menu. We go yearly. We were to be met by friends, but the one has a head cold, and even though he tested negative, didn't want to expose me, just in case. Very thoughtful.

@seagarsmoker Lovely pictures!

@dfish Hoping all works out for you. I have some quinoa that I've never been brave enough to use.

@kazu I sure hope your vehicle is ready today. 

@ottahand7 Ugh on the heavy perfume. 

@aliaschief Great picture.

@ger_77 So nice to have had that family visit. 

@superoma That's a tough one with your Father's eating requirements.

@durangoscots Yikes on the dangling smoke alarm. I was just thinking today that I need to call my plumber soon to check my boiler for winter (I have hot water heat).

@LocoLoco1 Speedy recovery from the back surgery!

Prayers for the Care List and for all those in the path of storms. Cheers to the Celebration List.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today I was in the office to conduct a training.  After the free lunch from work I went home.  It’s a dreary sort of day here and I feel like I could take a nap, that wouldn’t be work approved.  I’m willing to give today’s meal suggestion a try.  We both enjoy pepperoni on our pizza.

image.png.54f179fb09cd6dbb7857ede1a2df3702.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 7

We made it to Costco and got it all unloaded.  For the rest of get ready day I am going to send DF a YouTube of the Zaandam in the Antarctic.  While we were in Costco we discussed luggage and said I would need to borrow one for my sister.  We have FedEx forwarding.   He said with the laundry service we won't need any more clothes that we had on our 21 day Caribbean cruise.   🤣 Thank you for the Trieste photos and gratefully today is a quiet day with no misadventures for anyone.  Have a great rest of today!  Nancy 

• Like 16

Part? Of Ann’s Saga

So many of the pictures I want to include are not cooperating. Will need to figure out why. 

September 7th

Skagway//Haines

It was a glorious morning. The sun had not quite crested the mountains. My friend and I decided to walk the promenade deck, which was a great idea - except where it was blocked off over the gangway. We still got a great walk in. And discovered it was a bit windy on one side of the ship. 

Coffee, then Lido for breakfast enjoyed chatting with Kris and Aniy (Annie), who shared my friend’s mantra “Don’t talk to me before my second cup”! Back to the cabin, showered and changed. Down to the end of the dock to meet our group. Very well organized with signs.

6D5AAFCC-B4CE-4319-B6CF-879492D769CE.jpeg.41bf76354e75d28c416263c12fb118f1.jpeg

We had chosen a HAL excursion for this one, because if we were going to be late - we wanted them to wait for us. The tour included riding rafts down the Chilkat river through the eagle preserve. Rode a shuttle to the Haines high speed ferry & boarded in minutes. It was a smooth 45 minute ride between towering cliffs on both sides.

6A09B2DD-DEE5-45F7-B084-563BF5573866.jpeg.1fb56dfdb6b01c499cb6e82dd30654f3.jpeg

We had a close up view of the rock slides that closed one of Skagway’s docks. 

After docking in Haines we boarded a bus to take us over some very rough roads to where we would don our boots and life vests. We were warned that although it was warm where we offloaded, it would be different on the river. We walked a short ways to the river’s edge, where I climbed into a raft with the only female guide. I had been white water rafting in my younger days , but these rafts were huge and had two BIG oars. Cordelia, our guide, easily handled the raft.  

Some parts of the river were very shallow and the wind often drove the rafts into those areas.  We learned all sorts of maneuvers intended to help Cordelia free the raft.  Once another river joined us, everything changed.

41E1353C-4373-49DE-9334-E18E353FD878.jpeg.ee7f94d5449826be758893eb2e2bed60.jpeg

The wind and current were so strong. I had to put my hood up just to keep my hair out of my eyes. We saw about six Bald Eagles, though most were in flight - and it was difficult to focus on a moving raft. The two in trees that I was lucky enough to take a pic of is one of the pics that I need to work on.  We pulled our rafts out of the water and enjoyed a very decent provided lunch at the take out point. We traded our boots for our shoes, and reboarded the bus.  The ferry ride back to Skagway was rough. We even hit a rain squall about partway back, but by the time we docked in Skagway, it was over. 

My friend and I walked back to the ship.

2C256B89-E400-4133-8270-25D53FA99AD6.jpeg.607947da22a09d0712716d6684be01af.jpeg

We had a tailwind most of the way and made it back with 30 minutes to spare before final boarding and arrived back at the same time as the shuttle from the ferry. 

Didi and Dhias our cabin stewards, kept the reading group growing.

5EBDD031-2CCE-46C7-896F-7FA24E130BB8.jpeg.e5bf5f19c76ea84c95a665e2d752a30b.jpeg

Showered & changed and up to the Crow’s Nest for Happy Hour. By now John was watching for us, and after quickly checking to see if we wanted “the usual”,  he would take care of us.  Today, he brought some treats along with the drinks. 😎 

D393FB43-94B9-409D-B710-D53F786AD912.jpeg.f1f6b7e933e5cd10da7573f2f5c6d92b.jpeg

E6D05F79-F3D3-41CF-A966-57538649615E.jpeg.6fda561ae53df15c84416e1b3bf62725.jpeg

We ate in the MDR, and our assistant waiter was much more personable than our waiter. Perhaps he was not having a great day.  We took the rest of the bottle of wine back to the cabin and finished it on the Verandah. Doesn’t that’s just sound amazing? We thought so.

Another great night’s sleep. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Sue and DSIL have been in Wisconsin since Friday. Sue went to see her son in Ashland who she hasn't seen in three years due to the pandemic. With our regional airport cutting to bare bone service they needed to drive to Baltimore.  A late evening flight BWI-MSP, basically an equipment shuffle, turned into another nighmare for them flying Southwest!!!

But as soon as they left, I was on my way to our Walmart Market for the contraband she doen't let me have: BBQ chips, White Cheddar popcorn, chocolate donuts, Chocolate Twizzlers, cashews (Light salt! 🙂), Honey Buns, Hershey bars, and a frozen cheese pizza. All of the evidence  😁  is almost gone. I did find a frozen Gluten-free Pepperoni pizza that Sue can have on return tomorrow. I have found that if I drizzle Olive Oil on frozen pizzas, they are actually tastier. And of course I dress it with anchovies.

• Like 15
  • Haha 10

Good afternoon.  It's been a busy day trying to catch up on paperwork.  🤕  At least, I'm caught until new mail or email comes in.

3 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Sort of plodding along today after losing most of yesterday to the funeral but I did want to comment that my condo tried to ambush me yesterday. After I was finished watching TV, I went into the hallway to pick up some rugs to wash and thought I smelled something like an electrical smell. Went back into the kitchen to check stove .... nope, not that. Went back into the hall and looked up and there was a smoke alarm handing by a wire from the ceiling. OK.... I have promised everyone I will not do ladders and certainly not electrical. Called my usual electrician and the office girl said they could get to it in 2 weeks. I don't think so. Pled old age and senility and she said she would have Matt (the owner call me). I turned off the electricity to hall and about 20 minutes later Matt showed up. Got scolded for not having changed the alarm a few years ago.... wiring was ok and alarm is now replaced. Whew!!!! Need to make appointment to have my heaters serviced before winter descends and also he said I needed an additional alarm to bring condo up to code. Can do a battery one (Beep, beep, beep!!!).

Susan

Susan, I'm glad you got the smoke detector replaced.  I'm found that sometimes the "helpless, little old lady" routine can work wonders.  🤣

3 hours ago, LocoLoco1 said:

Pepperoni, good stuff. Basil in my Gin? Nope. Recuperation Day #6 for me now after Lower Back surgery. Pain Level down from OMG to OUCH!! I have a great view, which helps. 

Glad the pain form the lower back surgery is getting less intense.

33 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Part? Of Ann’s Saga

So many of the pictures I want to include are not cooperating. Will need to figure out why. 

September 7th

Skagway//Haines

It was a glorious morning. The sun had not quite crested the mountains. My friend and I decided to walk the promenade deck, which was a great idea - except where it was blocked off over the gangway. We still got a great walk in. And discovered it was a bit windy on one side of the ship. 

Coffee, then Lido for breakfast enjoyed chatting with Kris and Aniy (Annie), who shared my friend’s mantra “Don’t talk to me before my second cup”! Back to the cabin, showered and changed. Down to the end of the dock to meet our group. Very well organized with signs.

6D5AAFCC-B4CE-4319-B6CF-879492D769CE.jpeg.41bf76354e75d28c416263c12fb118f1.jpeg

We had chosen a HAL excursion for this one, because if we were going to be late - we wanted them to wait for us. The tour included riding rafts down the Chilkat river through the eagle preserve. Rode a shuttle to the Haines high speed ferry & boarded in minutes. It was a smooth 45 minute ride between towering cliffs on both sides.

6A09B2DD-DEE5-45F7-B084-563BF5573866.jpeg.1fb56dfdb6b01c499cb6e82dd30654f3.jpeg

We had a close up view of the rock slides that closed one of Skagway’s docks. 

After docking in Haines we boarded a bus to take us over some very rough roads to where we would don our boots and life vests. We were warned that although it was warm where we offloaded, it would be different on the river. We walked a short ways to the river’s edge, where I climbed into a raft with the only female guide. I had been white water rafting in my younger days , but these rafts were huge and had two BIG oars. Cordelia, our guide, easily handled the raft.  

Some parts of the river were very shallow and the wind often drove the rafts into those areas.  We learned all sorts of maneuvers intended to help Cordelia free the raft.  Once another river joined us, everything changed.

41E1353C-4373-49DE-9334-E18E353FD878.jpeg.ee7f94d5449826be758893eb2e2bed60.jpeg

The wind and current were so strong. I had to put my hood up just to keep my hair out of my eyes. We saw about six Bald Eagles, though most were in flight - and it was difficult to focus on a moving raft. The two in trees that I was lucky enough to take a pic of is one of the pics that I need to work on.  We pulled our rafts out of the water and enjoyed a very decent provided lunch at the take out point. We traded our boots for our shoes, and reboarded the bus.  The ferry ride back to Skagway was rough. We even hit a rain squall about partway back, but by the time we docked in Skagway, it was over. 

My friend and I walked back to the ship.

2C256B89-E400-4133-8270-25D53FA99AD6.jpeg.607947da22a09d0712716d6684be01af.jpeg

We had a tailwind most of the way and made it back with 30 minutes to spare before final boarding and arrived back at the same time as the shuttle from the ferry. 

Didi and Dhias our cabin stewards, kept the reading group growing.

5EBDD031-2CCE-46C7-896F-7FA24E130BB8.jpeg.e5bf5f19c76ea84c95a665e2d752a30b.jpeg

Showered & changed and up to the Crow’s Nest for Happy Hour. By now John was watching for us, and after quickly checking to see if we wanted “the usual”,  he would take care of us.  Today, he brought some treats along with the drinks. 😎 

D393FB43-94B9-409D-B710-D53F786AD912.jpeg.f1f6b7e933e5cd10da7573f2f5c6d92b.jpeg

E6D05F79-F3D3-41CF-A966-57538649615E.jpeg.6fda561ae53df15c84416e1b3bf62725.jpeg

We ate in the MDR, and our assistant waiter was much more personable than our waiter. Perhaps he was not having a great day.  We took the rest of the bottle of wine back to the cabin and finished it on the Verandah. Doesn’t that’s just sound amazing? We thought so.

Another great night’s sleep. 

Ann, enjoyed another great report.  In June, 1992, we drove along the highway by the Chilkat River and through the bald eagle preserve.  At that time, the trees were full of eagles.  June must have been the nesting season. 

9 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Sue and DSIL have been in Wisconsin since Friday. Sue went to see her son in Ashland who she hasn't seen in three years due to the pandemic. With our regional airport cutting to bare bone service they needed to drive to Baltimore.  A late evening flight BWI-MSP, basically an equipment shuffle, turned into another nighmare for them flying Southwest!!!

But as soon as they left, I was on my way to our Walmart Market for the contraband she doen't let me have: BBQ chips, White Cheddar popcorn, chocolate donuts, Chocolate Twizzlers, cashews (Light salt! 🙂), Honey Buns, Hershey bars, and a frozen cheese pizza. All of the evidence  😁  is almost gone. I did find a frozen Gluten-free Pepperoni pizza that Sue can have on return tomorrow. I have found that if I drizzle Olive Oil on frozen pizzas, they are actually tastier. And of course I dress it with anchovies.

Jack, I hope Sue and DSIL have better luck with their flight tomorrow, and good wishes for safe travels for them.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Mmmm, my go to pizza is pepperoni. Punch is ok, if not too sweet. Is national get ready day like this being preparedness month? I've ordered a solar generator (due to all my power outages and food loss) and am doing some preparedness things.

Great quote. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Trieste or Venice. Thanks for the photos @Cruising-along.

It's sunny here and mid-70's. Then a cold front comes in and 46 Thursday night! I need to think about transplanting that rhodie I want to move. BFF and I are going out to a local restaurant for their Oktoberfest menu. We go yearly. We were to be met by friends, but the one has a head cold, and even though he tested negative, didn't want to expose me, just in case. Very thoughtful.

@seagarsmoker Lovely pictures!

@dfish Hoping all works out for you. I have some quinoa that I've never been brave enough to use.

@kazu I sure hope your vehicle is ready today. 

@ottahand7 Ugh on the heavy perfume. 

@aliaschief Great picture.

@ger_77 So nice to have had that family visit. 

@superoma That's a tough one with your Father's eating requirements.

@durangoscots Yikes on the dangling smoke alarm. I was just thinking today that I need to call my plumber soon to check my boiler for winter (I have hot water heat).

@LocoLoco1 Speedy recovery from the back surgery!

Prayers for the Care List and for all those in the path of storms. Cheers to the Celebration List.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Oh Vanessa, go for the quinoa. Very easy to cook and cooked it freezes well for next time. We had today’s food choice, the first one. I added fire roasted red peppers and used a simple oil and vinegar dressing. Added some dried cranberries, too. Pomegranates would have been really good on this. This was a huge hit with dh! 

• Like 14

Bolt Creek Fire Update: Rather than reporting percent of containment, the Incident Commander is trying to educate the public on a different measurement method--percent of strategic objectives completed. With that measurement, completion is at 90%. 

Highway 2 remains closed at this time to all traffic from Money Creek to Skykomish. Highway 2 is only opened for local traffic (ID required) between Index and Money Creek.

Skykomish School district remains closed since the fire started. USPS delivery has not happened since the fire started. UPS, FedEx, HDL, Medical Supply companies, etc., deliveries have not happened since the fire started. Eleven days is a long time for some to go without getting mail or home deliveries. Medications run out, oxygen tanks need replenished, etc. Today's wind has moved the smoke west again; good for us, not for the larger population area to the west. Travel to and from Skykomish is still possible, but about two hours is added to the trip each way for basic doctor visits and other appointments. Visiting family members and friends has become impossible for many.

In the midst of all of this, we are grateful that there was no loss of life or injuries and only one small outbuilding lost to this fire. It is far from being out, but we are much closer to being back to normal than most of Puerto Rico at this time.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 11

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jack, I hope Sue and DSIL have better luck with their flight tomorrow, and good wishes for safe travels for them.

Lenda

Actually they are in the air right now after driving Ashland to Minneapolis today. I convinced her to stay the night in Baltimore and get a fresh start tomorrow for the almost 4-hr drive home. On the trip out the plane had a mechanical problem that Southwest  couldn't fix so substituted a different plane. They didn't get to the hotel in MSP until nearly 2:00am.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good evening;

I am making this short and sweet.

It was a long and tiring day.

Finally the house is all packed up.  It is down to the bare bones.

i had to take care of the stuff that we did not want to go to the warehouse (storage).

I did find out that Service Master has a service to help us put Humpty Dumpty back together again.  I am not sure if our insurance pays for it.  I was not able to get in touch with our adjuster today, but will find out.  If it is not covered, we will pay for it.  Otherwise we will be staring at those boxes for the rest of our lives.

i am just exhausted. But it is done.  Tomorrow the tub and the shower comes out and then we wait.

We need to select flooring and tiles.  Also vanity and a reconfigured bathroom.

Also go to Sherwin Williams for paint.

My hip is still hurting but is getting better.

And with that, I am going to say Good Night.

Thank you all for your prayers and support,

Take care and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Actually they are in the air right now after driving Ashland to Minneapolis today. I convinced her to stay the night in Baltimore and get a fresh start tomorrow for the almost 4-hr drive home. On the trip out the plane had a mechanical problem that Southwest  couldn't fix so substituted a different plane. They didn't get to the hotel in MSP until nearly 2:00am.

I hope the flight is going all right today.  Still, good wishes to them for save travels from Baltimore tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening;

I am making this short and sweet.

It was a long and tiring day.

Finally the house is all packed up.  It is down to the bare bones.

i had to take care of the stuff that we did not want to go to the warehouse (storage).

I did find out that Service Master has a service to help us put Humpty Dumpty back together again.  I am not sure if our insurance pays for it.  I was not able to get in touch with our adjuster today, but will find out.  If it is not covered, we will pay for it.  Otherwise we will be staring at those boxes for the rest of our lives.

i am just exhausted. But it is done.  Tomorrow the tub and the shower comes out and then we wait.

We need to select flooring and tiles.  Also vanity and a reconfigured bathroom.

Also go to Sherwin Williams for paint.

My hip is still hurting but is getting better.

And with that, I am going to say Good Night.

Thank you all for your prayers and support,

Take care and God Bless,

Terri

Terri, it was good to see that progress is beginning to be made.

Lenda

• Like 7