The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday August 27th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Play Music on the Porch Day, Speak Kind Words Day, and Pony Express Day

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.--Edgar Allan Poe

Meal Suggestion for today - Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta Bake
Drink of the Day - Tropical Spice
Wine of the Day - 2020 Arabella 2020 Shiraz Viognier
Destination of the Day - Pago Pago, Tutuila Island, American Samoa

Today in History:
1928 Kellogg-Briand Pact, 60 nations agree to condemn "recourse to war for the solution of international controversies".

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea destination Juneau, Alaska eta 28 Aug

Koningsdam

at sea destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska eta 28 Aug

Nieuw Amsterdam

Vancouver, Canada d1600

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea destination Akureyri, Iceland eta 28 Aug

Noordam

Whittier, Alaska d2000

Oosterdam

Istanbul, Turkey 1600(+1

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Bergen, Norway eta 2023-08-26

Volendam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington d1500

Zaandam

At Sea destination Corner Brook, Newfoundland eta 28 Aug

Zuiderdam

Bar Harbor, Maine 0700-1500

0827World.thumb.png.1721fdb26b195b5459d7b61df2fd203d.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 16

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, ? off ventilator

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas with a fall, broken ribs and head laceration

Catmando (Marshhawk’s DH Chuck) post eye surgery, with swelling and pain

Marshhawk’s family (Momma Norma and son) and friend issues

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare

Cruzin Terri’s friends with health/family issues and cousin post stent not doing well

RIP Bob Barker

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina

Canadian/US wildfires; flooding in several states from torrential rain

Shooting victims 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Sharon in AZ’s DM’s sister in hospice

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Smitty34877’s DH making treatment decisions

Kazu’s dear friend’s DH with leukemia

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Lobsternight!

Mr. Boston’s big 5 week trip to Europe

Nickelpenny enjoying substitute teaching

Mamaofami’s DH Sam home from rehab

Smitty34877’s DH Lou doing a bit better

Baby Murphy progressing

Cruising sister on a spa retreat

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

7 days for Crazy for Cats (Zaandam Sept 3 to Sept 13)

7 days for Luvteaching (Westerdam Sept 3 to Sept 10)

Lobsternight (Celebrity Eclipse to Sept 3), celebrating 60th birthday, Oceansaway17 (Grand Princess to Sept 8 ) and HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B)

• Like 23
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.

It is cloudy and 60°F.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

Kind words day should be everyday as there is no reason normally not to say kind words.

Playing music anywhere is good.

Today's food sounds interesting.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 26

Tropical Spice cocktial:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Calico Jack® Spiced Rum
3/4 part Cruzan® Coconut Rum
3 parts Pineapple Juice
1 part Cranberry Juice
Maraschino Cherries

Instructions
Shake all ingredients with ice and pour into a Hurricane glass. Garnish with a cherry on the ri

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 6.52.05 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

And thanks to Vanessa, Dixie, Ann & Debbie.

Interesting collection of days - I’ll spare my neighbours from listening to me play on my porch but I will certainly celebrate speaking kind words every day.  LOL on Poe’s quote.  Intrigued by today’s wine.  I though Viogniers were white but Shiraz is a red (sadly 😉).

@lobsternight Bon Voyage!  Have a great cruise!

IMG_3411.jpeg.0bf77045b3696504897dfa53e757ad30.jpeg

Well, my guy I have been using for heavy stuff has tested positive for covid 😔 so, I’ll come up with another strategy and some of the stuff can wait.  thankfully, Franklin’s track is now looking to just drench us again.  No one needs more water here and there are some risks but no where near the risk if Franklin came.  I just hope that track holds 🤞 

IMG_0874.jpeg.5e7f5dfab671e9fa4a5317d46a28c6a4.jpeg

Since it is Sunday:

IMG_0986.thumb.jpeg.6765753f9fe4197e7b3a887323796560.jpeg

Lots to do today - just need to get the energy & strength to do it 😉 😂 

IMG_0811.jpeg.25a0b3e75d23faf58784467c03a7e135.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems and worries & for those that need them.  Cheers for everyone celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_0867.thumb.jpeg.dd6d9511c25f6f9f612b88aad8c957e6.jpeg

Have a good Sunday, everyone.

• Like 29
  • Haha 9

Good morning friends!  Well, it's 73 this morning, with sunny skies and 96 expected today.  At least the windows aren't all condensated this morning.  However, I believe we might get some rain tonight.  I should watch the weather what with a hurricane/tropical disturbance coming up from the Gulf.  I don't even know its name yet!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  I hadn't thought about playing music on the porch but definitely would rather not do that with it being so hot.  Maybe in the fall.  Speak kind words should be everyday!  Hurray for Pony Express Day!  What a job that would have been.  I can't imagine the difficulties involved.  A dark quote from Poe today.  I love any recipe with shrimp and pasta and this will be the second day in a row with those ingredients.  Tropical spice and the Shiraz are fine  I suppose but just aren't to my taste.  Anything that condemns war is fine with me.  Big thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their work on food and beverage reports.

I shall take time out to pray for our Care lists members.  Always hoping for better news on that front especially about Lou and Tana, Annie and Chuck, Nicholas, @Cruzin Terri along with her friends and cousin, my DB and my friend's DB Mark,  and Baby Murphy.  🙏  Always good to get positive news from our "family" and wish everyone well along with happy cruising!  DDIL arrived in Frisco safely after an 1100 mile journey, her longest road trip to date (and alone at that!). Going from 70 degree Michigan to 106 Frisco must have been quite a shock.  I hope she can adjust.🥂🎉   A shout out to Dixie @summer slope for her kindness and generosity to me!  😇  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the C&C lists and to Graham @grapau27 for Father David's sermons each Sunday as well as his kind words everyday, an example to us all.😇 

Pago Pago, American Samoa (Tutuila Island) is our port of the day.  We had that port before on April 5, 2021 and May 27, 2022.  My photos from over 2 years ago disappear from posts so I have to go back and look for them again when that happens.  That is the case today.  I'll post them in a second post.  Here are the links to the former posting dates for your convenience.

Have a wonderful Sunday my friends and stay safe and well.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, Ann, and Graham.  I don't have a real porch.  The Pony Express was short lived but was vital in it's day, and Kind Words should be every day.  Sad that Kellog-Briand was short lived.  Interesting quote from Baltimore's own Edgar Allen.    I visited Pago Pago just once, Crystal Serenity in 2018.

I'll pass on the shrimp.  Today will be an in-person day in church and the next 2 Sundays I am on AV team duty.

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

A cool Sunday morning, only 11°C (52°F).   We are supposed to get a sunny 20°C (68°F) afternoon.  No rain today.  Bertie and I will go for a walk soon.

It's always important to say kind words.  I won't play music on the porch, I'd like a nice quiet day today.  The Pony Express lasted for a very short time but we salute their bravery and innovation.

Not sure about the quote.

The meal sounds good, so does the drink, not sure about the wine.

This is an important day in history, too bad the Kellogg Briand Pact wasn't adhered to by the world.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 24

Good morning everyone.  Thank-you for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Nice collection of days, it’s always speak kind words day here. Good day to play music on the porch and drink lemonade.  The Pony Express provided an amazing service.  Interesting quote by Poe.  The meal and drink suggestions both sound good.  I haven’t been to today’s port. Prayers for all on our prayer list.  Cheers to all who are celebrating happy events today!  

• Like 24

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Bindi did not want to go out in the dark this morning. 😎 So we are running a bit behind. 

Vanessa, thank you! Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, chores & pool time. Should keep me busy. 

IMG_1683.jpeg.393fbe9dd9b5044ffe3fe83953af0ab7.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg.19a9189e2d26d4f1ddc766a9996e4b0a.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg.75599e80c3eb47e02d1207b66e22e328.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

2020 Arabella 2020 Shiraz Viognier

@kazu Jacqui, you are correct the addition of the tiny % of Viognier to the Shiraz softens it just enough to eliminate the harshness that often accompanies its boldness. 
You can blame me for this elusive South African wine appearing today. I had the pleasure of enjoying it at a friend’s who is a member of the Naked Wine club. The club supports vintners by taking the marketing & distribution off their hands, so they can focusing on their passion - making wine. Unfortunately it makes it a bit more elusive to non-members.

Though if you live in South Africa, there are a few distributors who will ship to you. The wine is reasonably priced and consumers rate it very good - excellent. And be sure to pull out your loin of venison! The online prices start at $8.23.

Distributor Notes

Elegant Reserve red from your iconic South African father-son team

• This sultry red is a Reserve-level specialty from father-son winemaking team Stephen and Jamie de Wet, loaded with savory dark berry flavors, backed by a touch of peppery spice and a refined, easy-drinking finish.
  • Your funding helped Stephen perfect this dream duo of dazzling varietals. Starting with mostly Shiraz (aka Syrah), Stephen geniusely topped off the blend with just a dash of Viognier to get the final flavors just right.
  • You haven’t lived until you’ve paired a Shiraz Viognier this delectable with a juicy, mouthwatering cut of steak. Bring home a bottle and find out what you’re missing.
    Enjoy this delicious red now, or put a bottle aside - it will age well through at least 2025. Open your bottle at least an hour before serving so the wine can air out and every layer of flavor can open up. Loin of venison on the barbecue is my personal favorite with this red.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3

Good evening everyone from far south coast Australia. I have some photos from our Maasdam cruise in 2017 of our day in Pago Pago. It was one of the most memorable days of the cruise. We took a ride on a local bus that was cruising the road looking for passengers. The driver was great, and took us all over the island. Apart from Pago Pago, we went to Leone, where there was a very moving memorial to those lost in a tsunami in 2009. American Samoa is a beautiful place.0298A642-93F5-4D33-A7A6-89831457B753.thumb.jpeg.3e0fe593564510abd92876e382c9da08.jpeg46A30493-EF2F-4112-8D50-F90FD3406320.thumb.jpeg.817f8f704891446a8f149f8be967f37d.jpegD44A011B-1164-45E1-A7A4-79485E73D455.thumb.jpeg.09c33d68a86a835225c7e4651d664726.jpeg4AE7E392-E1CB-4774-A699-DB9A081C8288.thumb.jpeg.8286414ad1cfe0afc62d37f39a7837ee.jpeg9DF4A39E-FDAF-4281-8FFE-6A543DCF72AA.thumb.jpeg.208cb5df4ff1bf64d08c75e6b9403592.jpeg823F4FA4-AEB5-4745-BC16-5C1CC0F5C85C.thumb.jpeg.257956504d950e1b9916765188a8f120.jpeg8477663B-070E-4631-9171-9BC08CAA8C6A.thumb.jpeg.4a38e0d419608d87d1f2ba222b789afb.jpeg

Best wishes to all.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

DH and I took a 2014 South Pacific cruise on Golden Princess which visited both the capital of Samoa (Apia) and Pago Pago, American Samoa.  One thing I will never forget is the man on the ship who was arrested in Pago Pago for stealing a laptop on the ship.  I always wondered what happened to him.  That's a long way from home to be in legal trouble! 

We walked around the town and then had a couple of U.S. National Park Service team members come aboard the ship to give a presentation on the local animals, birds and plant life.  I am sure no other Park Service members wear the garment called a lavalava.  Just don't call it a skirt.🤣

View of the little harbor as our ship backed into its place at the pier in Pago Pago.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The townspeople were all set up on the dock with their tents and local items for sale.  A lot of shopping went on.  Flower arrangements did very well that day.

At the edge of the dock area was the main street where folks could meet their tours or head off in either direction for an exploration.

A bus filling up for their tour.

An artist made this dead tree trunk into a work of art.

Instructions on where to go in case of a tsunami warning.

Marketplace

Things may be laid back here but I don't advise any animal take a rest in the middle of the street.

Made it easy to mail a postcard back to the mainland from this U.S. Territory.

I enjoy anyplace that has lush vegetation like this.

Back on the ship we head the presentation described above from the National Park Service and got to speak to team members.

The sail away was beautiful that afternoon.  I especially enjoyed the mist over the reefs here.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Good Sunday Morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily, to Vanessa for the List, Dixie and Ann for the Drinks and Debbie for the Food. And last but definitely not least to Graham for Father David’s sermon.

Where would we all be without all of you!

I don’t have a front porch on which to play music.  I don’t think it would be appreciated anyway.  As for kind words, I live by that.  if i cannot say something nice, I just plain keep quiet.  As for the Pony Express, here in our parts of South Carolina, that is exactly how we still get our mail, or at least one has to think so.  it is SOOOOOO. SLOOOOW.

I will skip the meal and drinks.  DH has promised to take me out to dinner today.

I have not been to the port.

Interesting quote.

Prayers for all on the list.   (Vanessa, you can take my friends off the list if you wish. However, my cousin is still quite ill). I am doing a bit better with the Polymyalgia rheumatica.  i see the doctor on Tuesday at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.  i hope we get there and home before that storm hits.

@mamaofamihappy to hear your good news about Sam.  Prayers for his continued recovery.

By the way @StLouisCruisers the name of the storm will be IDALIA.  She does look like she is heading straight for us and I hope I am back in my house before anything happens.  It looks like Thursday is our day.  Wouldn’t you know that this the same day the floor guy is supposed to show up. Betcha he finds an excuse.

We are planning our trip to Italy.  We have some of our days in Venice plotted out and we will do a day trip to Padua.  Gotta pay our respects to St. Anthony and thank him for all the things he has helped me find.  

in Florence, we have the Uffizi and Academia booked, plus a tour to Siena, San Gimignano and a wine tour.  Of course i also need time to browse the San Lorenzo Market for those rare finds.

In Rome we have tickets for the Papal Audience, the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel, a day trip to Assisi, and a Night Tour of Rome.   Then there’s some wandering to do,.  

Then we board the Sirena and relax.  Only three stops on our way to Miami—Cadiz, Funchal and Bermuda.  Still working on two of those.

Prayers for all of you and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone and 

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday Morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily, to Vanessa for the List, Dixie and Ann for the Drinks and Debbie for the Food. And last but definitely not least to Graham for Father David’s sermon.

Where would we all be without all of you!

I don’t have a front porch on which to play music.  I don’t think it would be appreciated anyway.  As for kind words, I live by that.  if i cannot say something nice, I just plain keep quiet.  As for the Pony Express, here in our parts of South Carolina, that is exactly how we still get our mail, or at least one has to think so.  it is SOOOOOO. SLOOOOW.

I will skip the meal and drinks.  DH has promised to take me out to dinner today.

I have not been to the port.

Interesting quote.

Prayers for all on the list.   (Vanessa, you can take my friends off the list if you wish. However, my cousin is still quite ill). I am doing a bit better with the Polymyalgia rheumatica.  i see the doctor on Tuesday at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.  i hope we get there and home before that storm hits.

@mamaofamihappy to hear your good news about Sam.  Prayers for his continued recovery.

By the way @StLouisCruisers the name of the storm will be IDALIA.  She does look like she is heading straight for us and I hope I am back in my house before anything happens.  It looks like Thursday is our day.  Wouldn’t you know that this the same day the floor guy is supposed to show up. Betcha he finds an excuse.

We are planning our trip to Italy.  We have some of our days in Venice plotted out and we will do a day trip to Padua.  Gotta pay our respects to St. Anthony and thank him for all the things he has helped me find.  

in Florence, we have the Uffizi and Academia booked, plus a tour to Siena, San Gimignano and a wine tour.  Of course i also need time to browse the San Lorenzo Market for those rare finds.

In Rome we have tickets for the Papal Audience, the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel, a day trip to Assisi, and a Night Tour of Rome.   Then there’s some wandering to do,.  

Then we board the Sirena and relax.  Only three stops on our way to Miami—Cadiz, Funchal and Bermuda.  Still working on two of those.

Prayers for all of you and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone and 

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, thanks for the info.  I am reading up on Idalia on weather.com.  Looks like a lot of rain in Pensacola and the panhandle and up through south Georgia (south of me but we still get rain), and on into South Carolina and North Carolina.  Hopefully it just skirts Tampa where DGD is attending college.

I hope the weather isn't an excuse for the floor guy.  He would probably like to use the excuse that the humidity is too high!  Well, when isn't the humidity high on the South Carolina coast?  Good luck Tuesday getting to Jacksonville and back.  I'll say some prayers that things back off a bit and it isn't a very bad storm.

Great job in planning for things to do while on your cruise.  It sounds like you have things well in hand.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to all who continue to keep this thread going.  It is a wonderful place to visit.  Prayers for all in need.

Thank you, JazzyV, for mentioning our return home yesterday.  The trip was great and Vision of the Seas, though an older ship, is in great shape.  Hardest part of a cruise now is getting DH onto the ship and onto his scooter waiting in the cabin.  Then all is good.

Today will be spent unpacking and getting ready for repacking for Greenland trip.

Weather is much more moderate today - yay!  Hope it continues.

Best wishes for a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 24

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Computer says it's 76, I guess it will be hot...we had a wonderful rain yesterday afternoon!  Absolute pouring!  Wind blowing! Pine cones flying everywhere, and the the sun was shining..it was still pouring.  I stepped away from my work for a moment and went outside to see where a rainbow might be, but I didnt want to stand out in the pouring rain.  I know there was one, but it would have been visible from outside in the front.

rainbow-1649789_640.jpg

I am often tempted to pick up my guitar and sit on the front porch and play.  Maybe the tune from Deliverance??  Wont happen, the wrists are screwed.  My neighbors have a tendency to blast music from their houses, and we are not far from a college where Friday night football games are played.  When it gets cooler, we will sit outside, and listen to the announcers and the bands.  This is not a quiet neighborhood.

@grapau27Thank you so much your  Sunday youtube posts, as I was listening to Father David, I noticed a youtube from Ryberg about the Moment at the Beach.  It said that it was filmed before the beach was closed to the public.  Why was the beach closed?

@Cruzin TerriIt sounds like you are getting quite the tour of Italy while you are there.  I have to admit that our daily events are tiny compared to yours.  When I asked DH could he walk a mile? He said only if he could sit often, so our adventures will be short walking tours from our hotel.  A couple of museums, churches, Sunday Service at the Pantheon, coffee stops, gelato stops, and one day of touring the Coliseum.  And we start out with one day of sleep. LOL.  Best of luck in Jacksonville, I hope you get the respite you need.

@dobiemomI hope you can get some rest today.  I am getting to be a professional at not being able to sleep.  I am either too wound up post the late hours, or my mind goes over what I should have done, said, etc. during sales.Or stressed about knowing what I have to do the next day.  I hope whatever is stressing you and robbing you of sleep resolves soon.  This is why cruising is so good for us.  The only thing I stress over is what breakfast will be.

f13f3ceb0cdf34a6a4b2745f3a8274f9.jpg

@smitty34877You are in my thoughts and prayers today.  Hoping your DH has found a food/drink he likes and takes a bit of worry away. 

To all of you, you are the best group of friends I have!  You are all earth angels!

325673.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good Sunday morning Dailyites. 

A sleepless night. Yawn....

Please say a prayer for Denise and David. @DeeniEncinitas

A brush fire broke out in Kaanapali and people were told to evacuate. This time cell phones and sirens were blaring. Sounds like ths fire department was on it pretty quick.

Prayers lifted to all on our prayer list. Sure would like to hear some good news on our care list.

I would love the meal, not the drink (pineapple) , no on the wine. Many thanks to out food and beverage ladies,  Vanessa, and Graham thanks for Father's message.

Thank you everyone for posting the pictures. Beautiful. 

I have been reading about the Panama Canal reduction over the next 10 months. I wonder where we would go in Dec if P.C. gets canceled? It's smack in the middle of our B2B2B2 so cancellation of that particular segment would cause a problem. Anyone heard news?

image.png.9b2fbb83efe6eea99d3ae7ee39f9676c.png

image.png.4f69bd0a1ea214977c88e225d026f940.png

Sending you love and blessings on this beautiful day. God bless!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Cruzin TerriIt sounds like you are getting quite the tour of Italy while you are there.  I have to admit that our daily events are tiny compared to yours.  When I asked DH could he walk a mile? He said only if he could sit often, so our adventures will be short walking tours from our hotel.  A couple of museums, churches, Sunday Service at the Pantheon, coffee stops, gelato stops, and one day of touring the Coliseum.  And we start out with one day of sleep. LOL.  Best of luck in Jacksonville, I hope you get the respite you need.

Annie,  don’t kid yourself.  We don’t walk a lot.  We take taxis.  We combine things. For instance.  if you are going to Mass at the Pantheon, why not have lunch at the Piazza Navona, very close by.  Get yourself a good map and plot it out.  If we lived closer to each other I would help you out.  A place not to miss is the Galleria Borghese.  You have to get the tickets ahead of time, but you only have two hours to tour it.  The concierge in your hotel can get you the tickets. It is small, but a wonderful museum and the grounds are gorgeous.  

Where are you staying?  if you email me, maybe i can be of help you plan a bit.  i would be happy to do so.

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good Sunday morning Dailyites. 

A sleepless night. Yawn....

Please say a prayer for Denise and David. @DeeniEncinitas

A brush fire broke out in Kaanapali and people were told to evacuate. This time cell phones and sirens were blaring. Sounds like ths fire department was on it pretty quick.

Prayers lifted to all on our prayer list. Sure would like to hear some good news on our care list.

I would love the meal, not the drink (pineapple) , no on the wine. Many thanks to out food and beverage ladies,  Vanessa, and Graham thanks for Father's message.

Thank you everyone for posting the pictures. Beautiful. 

I have been reading about the Panama Canal reduction over the next 10 months. I wonder where we would go in Dec if P.C. gets canceled? It's smack in the middle of our B2B2B2 so cancellation of that particular segment would cause a problem. Anyone heard news?

image.png.9b2fbb83efe6eea99d3ae7ee39f9676c.png

image.png.4f69bd0a1ea214977c88e225d026f940.png

Sending you love and blessings on this beautiful day. God bless!

Prayers for Denis and David.

i don’t think your PC crossing will be cancelled.  The cruise ships have their reservations months, if not years, in advance.  From what i have read, those reservations will be honored unless the cruise itself decided to cancel.

Terri

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning, everyone!

It is a bit nippy out here in mid-Michigan.  I had to go find my sweater and slippers this morning.  We had a great restart on our weekly Farkle games.   I made Mom's meatloaf, baked potatoes, and grilled corn on the cob.  DB and DSIL said they hadn't eaten that well since before we left on vacation.  

I spent an hour in the garden weeding yesterday.  That is all my back will tolerate.  It will take a week of weeding to get a handle on the front garden beds.  I'll be going out there today.  

Dayton, Ohio has a Porch Fest where bands play from front porches and residents have a block party.  I could go for some of that kind of front porch music.  Speak kind words is an everyday thing, but it is nice that we have a day to remind ourselves.  I think I would like the drink but worry it would be too sweet with the juices.  I do like a good Shiraz once in a while.

Today's meal is meant for those trying to gain a ton of weight.  Between the heavy cream and the pasta, it would do me in. But, as described in the recipes, it is an ultimate comfort food as it is garlicky, buttery, and creamy goodness all in one.   https://www.aheadofthyme.com/shrimp-fettuccine-alfredo-pasta-bake/

shrimpfettalfredobake1.thumb.jpg.30eed605c7254b553572e1f94cfb8c36.jpg

This one uses penne pasta and tops it with parmesan before baking.  https://pasta.com/shrimp-alfredo-bake-recipe/

shrimpfettalfredobake2.jpg.e11901046e2fc0e9fd1ec02001131622.jpg

The comments on this recipe are worth a read.  There are some really good ideas on things you can do to dress up the dish.  People have added veggies to it, sundried tomatoes, etc.  There is a plethora of ideas on how you can tweak the recipe to make it yours.  https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a46095/garlicky-alfredo-shrimp-bake-recipe/

shrimpfettalfredobake3.png.05f7d9ce2c09ba05d6da15ee363efee4.png

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7