Friday November 10th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is Forget Me Not Day, International Accounting Day, and National Vanilla Cupcake Day

The real business of life is trying to understand each other. - Gilbert Parker

Meal Suggestion for today - Chipotle-Lime Chilaquiles
Drink of the Day - Jim Beam Black Hot Toddy
Wine of the Day - 2019 Elk Cove Vineyards Willamette Valley Estate Riesling
Destination of the Day - Cagliari, Sardiania, Italy

Today in History:
1674 Dutch formally cede New Netherlands (New York) to the English
1989 Germans begin demolishing the Berlin Wall

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay eta 11/11

Koningsdam

Santa Barbara CA, California 07:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11-11

Nieuw Statendam

Dry Dock 00:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11-15

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 11-11

Volendam

Huahine Island, Society Islands French Polynesia 08:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Port Stanley, East Falkland Island eta 11-12

Zuiderdam

Mahe Island Seychelles, Victoria 16:00 - 11 Nov 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Sydney, NSW Australia eta 11-12

Westerdam

Hong Kong, China 06:30 - 12 Nov 17:00

1110World.thumb.png.b99879dfd85fa1ca9b752a6939dd2531.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 18

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP, off TPN

Cruzin Terri’s DH with swollen knee, Ortho Clinic today

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

NextOne recovering from heart valve replacement

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

Mamaofami’s DH Sam recovering after several hospitalizations

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome home Haljo1935!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & off TPN!

Norseh2o spending a week in Barcelona

SusieKIslandGirl returning home after visiting DS in GA

Cruzin Terri’s DBIL’s estate finally settled

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for GTVCruiser (Koningsdam Nov 11 to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal)

2 days for Rafinmd (Rotterdam Nov 12 to Nov 24) Panama Canal Sunfarer

3 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Marina Nov 13 to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

LAFFNVEGAS (Koningsdam to Nov 11, Classic CA Coastal), Marshhawk (Carnival Pride to Nov 12, Rome to Rome +TA), Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas to Nov 12, Bahamas/Perfect Day), Sailingdutchy (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 15, Ancient Empires & Spanish Farewell), Kochlöffel (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell), Vict0riann (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell), Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia to Nov 20, Eastern Caribbean) and Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific)

• Like 19
  • Thanks 20

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  It's Friday (if it matters).

A typical fall day here, partly sunny and a high of 7°C (45°F).  Lots of leaves on the ground, guess I should rake some up.

Three good days, we must not forget, accounting is important and cupcakes are tasty.

Thought provoking quote.

I'm not sure about the meal, I'll wait to see recipes.  I'll pass on the drink and hope the wine isn't too sweet.

Maybe someday we'll get to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a great day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily report.  Today looks to be a nice cool day.  It will be a busy work morning.  This morning my arm is sore but that seems to be the only side effect of the shot.  I’m not sure about today’s meal suggestion and look forward to pictures and recipes from @dfish.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

Seven years ago today.

1C714D5D-63D0-4CF4-85B5-6A883D11EB50.thumb.jpeg.0f0a8eff6c99eb48df2a8ed1c075f85c.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Hope this is a good day to start your weekend, especially if you're a veteran.  Weather here is cloudy with a temp of 58F.  High will be 72 and hopefully no rain yet.  There will be rain over the weekend though and it may affect our neighborhood Veterans' Day Corvette parade Saturday.  Tops up on those convertibles!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.  Today we have Forget Me Not Day, International Accounting Day and National Vanilla Cupcake Day.  I have no objections to any of those days though I was a bit happier on chocolate cupcake day. 😆 Understanding one another is certainly important.  Can't wait to see Debbie's recipes for chipotle-lime chilaquiles.  No thank you to that Jim Beam drink and Riesling wine.  This was an important day in the history of New York and especially the divided people of Germany in 1989.  Thank you to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the great reports every day.

Prayers for all on the Care list which thankfully is shorter these days.  Great news coming in for Baby Murphy lately so our prayers for a miracle have worked!  Praying also for Vanessa's @JazzyV leg pain and for Tana.  Special prayers for those at war in Israel and Ukraine, those killed and those held hostage.  Personal prayers for DB and my dear friends who are having trying times.🙏  Hoping Jim's knee is improved at his ortho visit today so he and Terri @Cruzin Terri can cruise soon.  Congrats to everyone on the Celebration list and those cruising!  Hope you all have a great time.  A salute to DGS Ren on his stellar PSAT score!  Thank you very much Vanessa @JazzyV for the fabulous list keeping!

Our port this morning is Cagliari, Sardinia Italy.  This is actually the first time this port has been port of the day though it's been mentioned before.  Therefore no links today.  I'll post photos from our 2 visits there shortly. Hopefully some of you will have photos to share, too.

I see Nieuw Statendam is in dry dock and according to Cruisemapper.com NS appears to be in Palermo, Italy!  How appropriate since that city was our port of the day yesterday.  

Hoping all here have a wonderful Friday.  Stay safe and well!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Upon checking my records I see we were in Cagliari, Sardinia two times, 10 years apart.  In 2008 we took our first transatlantic with our Myrtle Beach friends who only do ship excursions.  This was on the lovely Emerald Princess.  The tour first took us out to the salt flats and to see the flamingos.  I believe this photo was taken through a bus window.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyr0v26x6pZupArZQaMgmw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1333203266

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLEE0jD8Jf_h8BsRQhlXXXJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1333203335

We then were dropped off in the heart of the city where we walked to the Cathedral of Santa Maria but there was a service going on inside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYj_XSPyzUJOr0E4NuX9XM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1333203508

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKIhTiAtpM7QjHmMNIYay0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1333203506

doors to the Cathedral00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIh2pQ83okbvhBTLLH_i0Ro?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1333203495

We were standing way too close to take a proper photo, but I would come back 10 years later and take a better one.  You'll see.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0Up9k0TXh_fnf6eorJyMM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1333201573

Then we headed to a lookout for a view of the city and port.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4E5B13eXtwdVw6b8BYm8V?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1333203509

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKoxnNNwdPjRxaVLI1qvG7b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1333201575

Emerald Princess was behind us.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8_gyJAsXh6Q5eL2wi42-y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1333201586

In 2018, we arrived in Cagliari on the beautiful Prinsendam doing the Grand Mediterranean and Africa cruise.  Another beautiful sunny April day just like before.  On this trip we did our own walking tour of the city and enjoyed it very much.  There are some hills here so if you can't walk up a gentle incline, I don't recommend you try this.

Heading out we saw a beautiful statue.  We love statues, churches and cannons!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPSNT4S1NGC4BwH1m12_eL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526084639

Using our HAL provided map we headed up this hill on a lovely sidewalk as the Europeans do best.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKs8_Abmg7lC04YRHhdZiT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526134197

To our right we saw ruins of the ancient ampitheater.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKsa5ifJyGBmJpr9mq2QLm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526134172

Still heading up the hill.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLpQDBwWbxp2ZvF5U3WstZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526134264

How about this cobblestone street?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJH1csnwby5bhpRn7TtLcMc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526134291

The 2018 version of the Cathedral of Santa Maria.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJ1Cx4rU-aP_FNxvZHPsje?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526084657

No service going on but so busy inside!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIzwLQSorX2Wxiu-cpC7BbW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526084675

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrd07WNT63R7pdY_X3AQgk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526084676

The ceiling

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgqRnVlecBgtnyITBMi6dJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526084659

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtYQbs9iTeKJQy-c-VMXCU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526134380

Here's the overlook we stood at last time we were here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZMWitpfSaGXes1anHb0Rt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526134609

The view of the Prinsendam and the other ships in port.  Looks like MSC and Carnival.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKa5daMqZmvZbewFypYkzdB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526134430

Walking downhill going back to the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtGuyMrDiLFmQtBooPykxs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526084703

A view again of the city from the Prinsendam.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIJZV9EfOUU1I9ekWZHL2-0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526134661

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLynKFO4A4Ijcphu_-Z2lXX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526134673

I hope everyone isn't sick of looking at photos of these great Italian cities.  I never tire of it.  Have a great day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

Happy Friday. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly and rainy today. Taking the day off as I am feeling under the weather. Issues with my diabetes. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.08670820a1f80f917b99c298aea0cdc0.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! It is another lovely morning here. But it is already 65! Might be perfect beach weather. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping our lists. I pray that you find permanent relief to your pain. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores & meeting with a handyman who I hope will agree to tackle some of the big things I need done. Wrapping up the day at a friend’s for tapas and drinks. 

IMG_1950.jpeg.2c4375ad3fc977e3c9e7b7d9951a788a.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg.dfa9a3785ae252a0ea474b3b6ac0615c.jpeg

IMG_1949.jpeg.1f1db21a829c049d8137ef3d43499982.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families and support teams. 

@HAL Sailer Melissa, praying for you and your DH. Don’t forget you. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

2019 Elk Cove Vineyards Willamette Valley Estate Riesling

This lovely Riesling’s 2019 vintage might be difficult to find now, but since the two subsequent vintages have similar reviews you can still enjoy it. I found at least one online distributor offering the 2019 for $17.99.

Winemaker Notes

Aromas of grapefruit and honeydew melon carry into a juicy, slightly oily palate of lemon meringue pie, lychee and green apple with accents of lemongrass and ginger.

RP94  Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2019 Riesling Estate is exotic and spicy from its 15% botrytis inclusion, offering scents of pineapple, guava, honeycomb, petrol and marmalade. The light-bodied palate has concentrated, gently honeyed fruits. Its eight to nine grams of residual sugar are balanced by focused acidity, and fireworks of spicy accents fan across the long, textural finish.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 6

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Happy Friday.  Nice days, especially the Forget Me Not Day.  I like the Parker quote but have not been to today's port.  Certainly a great day to celebrate in Germany.  No idea what the meal is.  My alternative is hot dog and ice cream, not for the culinary value but for the setting, Bok Tower Gardens where I visited yesterday and enjoyed beautiful settings including the glory of their 60-bell Carillon.

lunch1109.jpg

Need to get busy and loaded up for the drive to Fort Lauderdale.

Roy

• Like 39

Jim Beam Black Hot Toddy cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Jim Beam Black®
1 part Honey
2 parts Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Hot Water
Lemon Peel

Instructions
Put bourbon, honey, and lemon juice in a 6-ounce mug. Top off with hot water and stir until honey is dissolved. Garnish with a lemon peel (optional).

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 7.26.53 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 15

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

& thanks always to Dixie, Debbie, Vanessa & Ann.

Nice collection of days.  I know it’s not related but Forget Me Not right before Remembrance Day seems most appropriate to me.

IMG_1187.jpeg.6803b3bf84624179c512a78b3d624b5a.jpeg

I like the Parker quote and while I normally pass by Riesling, Ann’s @cat shepard’s description makes tasting this one quite tempting.  I agree with Sandi - Cagliari is a wonderful stop on any itinerary.

IMG_1179.jpeg.63a688dfd354614e8407a48ca9f143ee.jpeg

Periodontist appointment this morning and then hopefully if it really gets a whole 7 degrees above freezing, I will try to get some clean up done outside.

IMG_1177.thumb.jpeg.41ba190aedb77216320f13c70a0c74ed.jpeg

It was way too cold again yesterday.  And I do mean c-c-cold.

IMG_1662.gif.e98681fbbb6139dbc30b21c1232d5c6a.gif

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pains, worries and those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating & cruising.

IMG_1165.thumb.jpeg.1a12bf62069ac4a08cf8ca7193058c90.jpeg

Have a Good Friday everyone.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

Good morning!!

In addition to @richwmn Rich's days to celebrate, today is the 248th birthday of the US Marine Corps. I will be sure to wish my DH a very happy birthday today before he goes to dinner with his other Marine friends. (and a happy birthday wish to @Copper10-8 John!!)

Prayers for those in need, cheers to everyone feeling well and sailing or soon to be sailing. Take care of each other!!

Laura

• Like 32

Good Friday Morning to All and thanks for the reports.  A salute to all those who served.  Two other good days to celebrate but I will try not to celebrate cupcake day by eating one!

National Forget-Me-Not Day goes back to the times of World War I when American soldiers would come back from war wounded. These veterans at the time were coming back at rates far higher than the government expected, and there were very few organizations and services available for those wounded in the war.

Because of the massive influx of wounded warriors, Judge Robert S. Marx, a decorated World War I soldier, founded National Forget-Me-Not Day to help remind people of the sacrifices those made during World War I, raising funds for disabled veterans through selling Forget-me-nots. After returning from the war, he helped establish the Disabled American

Veterans Foundation in 1920, which annually celebrates the holiday through the annual sale fo Forget-me-nots and annual caucuses ever since. People on this day remember the veterans who lost their lives and honor disabled veterans who still live to this day.

Interesting quote.  I will pass on the Chilaquiles as it is mainly a breakfast dish and I don't eat breakfast.  I will probably pass on the drink and wine and never been to Sardiania.  I remember the Berlin Wall coming down.

Gosh, it is getting cool in the morning.  I got up at 0500 to 44F!  Only getting up to low 70s but, of course, the sun is always shinning.  It is nice in the sun.

My PCP finally reviewed my MRI and commented on the "significant areas of narrowing.  He put in a referral to a pain clinic and "they can address procedures".  I am not a pill taker (I forget about taking them and do not like pain meds - even acetaminophen or NSAIDs) so when he said "procedures" my initial disappointment went away a tad.  I had to do some research on what that might entail.  Where the referral went, they have a couple of FDA approved procedures that are relatively new that I might consider.  I hope to have that done before I leave but I will keep the appt with the surgeon so I have options to think about.  While I have always had back pain (2 back surgeries in my past) this is just getting ridiculous; I don't want to get to the point where I can't be active.  

I guess I am in a funk.  Need to get out of it soon!!  Five days of relaxing and getting ready for Hawaii hopefully will do it.

Thoughts for the world and those on the care list.  Cheers for those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  It's appropriate that we think of the veterans who returned battered and beaten from the wars, many whose scars are internal on Forget Me Not Day.  I may have been good at many things, but accounting was not one of them; I often had to ask a clerk to help me with that.  I'd love a vanilla cupcake if it had chocolate icing on it!

Pitch black out there it is, with sunrise not happening until 8:18 this morning.  We don't have to go out until after 9 for DH's 3 month bloodwork, so it'll be bright by then, as I can see we have clear skies.  Yesterday's Device Clinic appointment went SO well - DH's pacemaker was reviewed and both he and it are doing "exceptionally well".  I don't think it gets better than that, so we were totally happy walking out of there.  Eventually he'll have to have a valve replacement when the angina gets unmanageable, but that doesn't look to be any time soon, thankfully.

This morning it's DH's appointment and then we'll head out and get some groceries.  There are lots of leaves still on the back lawn, so I think today will be the day we'll pick them up and put them in the compost bin for next week's pick-up.  This afternoon friends are coming over for coffee, so I'll pick up some sweet treats (maybe cupcakes?) that we can enjoy while they're here.  

Happy Birthday to @kplady's DH, and @Copper10-8!!

I'm going to take a pass on the drink and the wine, and will reserve judgement on the menu suggestion until I see the recipes @dfish has for us.  It's Friday night pizza night at our house, so we'll check the online menus to see what appeals to us that we can enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need all over the world.  Cheers to all with celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 33

The first give from my DH, before we got married was a pair of  earrings that have tiny Forget-Me-Nots in resin….  so I wouldn’t forget me!  

Was in Cagliari once but didn’t see much, was ill.  Thanks for the beautiful pictures Sandi @StLouisCruisers  

DGD brought cupcakes Sunday leftover from the bridal shower she had for her sister the day before. They were vanilla based but stunning - strawberry shortcake and margarita!  There’s a lot you can do with a vanilla base. 

It was a tough eye doctor visit yesterday. DH needs eye surgery. We’re scheduled for first eye Jan 16, here in Maryland at John’s-Hopkins. The many followups will be done near our new home in NJ by a doctor she trained. It wasn’t what we were ready for but we’ll figure it out.  Like the decision in 2019 to go to MD Anderson for cancer treatment instead of Albuquerque, DH chose to be treated by the teacher instead of the student. We’ll figure out how to do it all. And be grateful it can be done. Seems the 2 drain implant surgeries of this year are not enough. We’ll keep moving forward!  Thank you for your continued support. I’m sure you’re tired of seeing me post about these issues, I’d rather be posting about a cruise, but when the timing is right!  These will each take 3 months of followup, it’ll be much more complicated than anything he’s had before. Seems it’ll take a big chunk of 2024 to get through this set. We’ll do what needs to be done. 

Blessings to you all, hoping Denise @Denise T feels better soon, @JazzyV too. Everyone in need of healing, hugs or hope!  Good appointment for Jacqui @kazu
Smooth travels for @rafinmd Roy and all our cruisers!  Peace for those caught in war!  
Maureen.

Thank You to all the Marines, including my godson who served multiple times in Iraq including the initial push, and then later on disarming IEDs. 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Internet has been spotty on Oosterdam, even with Starlink, so I haven’t seen CC for days.  And no tv news either!  But I’m thinking of you, especially @JazzyV, as I struggle to walk. I’m going to have to figure something out if I’m to continue cruising.  

it’s been a strange cruise with all the cancellations and changes.  We’ve had a little money back, and free drinks one afternoon.  Lots of time to rest, eat and rest again.  Captain van Eerten is very funny.  He said he is having to reduce the tooting, and his usual “Silence on deck!” Is a thing of the past.   

but all in all, it has been a nice break.  Just a few days left.  

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Happy birthday to @kplady Laura's DH and to John @Copper10-8!  Many happy returns for you both.  

Also happy 248th  birthday to the U.S. Marine Corps!

Sorry to hear Ann @Vict0riann about your continued walking problems.  Also good wishes to Maureen's @RMLincoln DH as he faces eye surgery in the coming months.  The same for Penny @Nickelpenny.  

Time to head out to pick up some groceries.  Talk to you later!

• Like 26

Good morning, everyone!

It is a beautiful day here in mid-Michigan.  I have my CT scan at noon, so nothing to eat and drink, including water and coffee until afterwards.  I have to report there at 9:55 am and drink some chalky concoction and then sit for two hours until the scan. I'm sure I'll be pretty grumpy by then.

Today's meal is a breakfast dish and it seems like a lot of work for breakfast.  It is also very carb heavy, so I'll be passing on it. https://www.spoonforkbacon.com/chipotle-lime-chilaquiles/

chipotlelimechiliqules1.thumb.jpg.d5e4a7700e0b444e70b2ef9885f3344c.jpg

It sure looks good, doesn't it?  Maybe for a special occasion.....

Anne Burrell suggests trying this dish with a spicy Bloody Mary.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/chipotle-chilaquiles-5671005

chipotlelimechiliquiles2.jpeg.83274084bad8bc35b5a83cb57a7376da.jpeg

The chipotle lime crema that comes with this one sounds good.  https://soomfoods.com/blogs/recipes/chilaquiles-with-fried-eggs-and-tahini-chipotle-lime-crema

chipotlelimechiliquiles3.jpg.264c8e87d2d348861cb758b14d490a4a.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10

Good morning from a chilly central Texas.  It is 52F and feels like 49F with 99% humidity and a dew point of 52F.  Our high here will be 59F and in Waco, it will reach 58F.  It is also a little foggy, and I hope it burns off before I head to Waco in about an hour.  It was like this last November when I was driving to Waco everyday to see DH, so I'll survive.

I'll celebrate all three days, but like Gerry, @ger_77 I'd like mine with chocolate frosting.

The Parker quote is true, and understanding some people is more difficult than others.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I'd like to try the Riesling if it's not too sweet.

Sadly, we have not been to Sardinia.  Sandi, @StLouisCruisers thank you for sharing your pictures.

Two more interesting days in history.  The first changed to course of part of the US.  I remember watching the news in 1989 and seeing the Berlin Wall being torn down.  Now, there is a small section people can visit and remember a different time.

@Haljo1935  Welcome home.

@rafinmd  Roy, have a safe drive to Ft. Lauderdale.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope all goes well at the periodontist today, and that you can get some yard work done, with Ivan's help of course.

@Nickelpenny  Penny, I hope you get an appointment with the pain clinic soon.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm happy your DH got such a good report yesterday, and that the bloodwork shows everything is within normal range.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I was sorry to read that your DH will need more surgery on his eyes.

@Vict0riann  Ann, I'm sorry you are still having walking issues.  I hope you can get some answers when you get home.  In the meantime, enjoy your cruise.

376678767_798650618929280_8575798475790723548_n.jpg.710b5881f95258030ba13f43ecc723ec.jpg

352381289_636897121694718_4269313031154526360_n.thumb.jpg.6b494fc253280019153769449f82b43a.jpg

355483343_645881284240333_7115265505441403545_n.thumb.jpg.1161475c0dd6ab5d7f7b4ac78db0250f.jpg

358146136_227979030137739_7656867809230678877_n.jpg.5327bf108d2bc8f3abf26a5438059ba5.jpg

362625503_663720259112673_6754486222620341657_n.jpg.072d35b3b2f900a71da777fb3f8d9485.jpg

362650545_231119099879921_7755945000832474031_n.jpg.5e088bd043cad1d7dae3f46e1bf5fd1f.jpg

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 17

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for today’s report.  I’ll celebrate Forget Me Not Day and vanilla cupcakes.  As a recently retired accountant I’d like to leave that in the past.  Interesting quote, not sure if I fully agree but some may.  The meal suggestion sounds great (I looked it up) but I’ll pass on the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port but it sure looks nice.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events! 🥂

• Like 23
  • Haha 1

@Denise T I hope that your diabetes gets better.   Take care of yourself.

@RMLincoln A lot on your plate now and now your husband needing eye surgery back in Baltimore.  The Wilmer Eye Institute is one of the best in the US so a good choice to make the journey from NJ.

Good morning everyone and thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn.   @Nickelpenny thanks for explaining the true meaning of Forget Me Not Day.   I thought it was about celebrating the flower.   Accounting is very important and sure has been in the news a lot of late.   I would love a vanilla cupcake if was a sugar free one.   I have not been to today's port so thanks for the photos Sandi and in advance for the others.  

I love Chilaquiles so am looking forward to the recipes, they are a rare treat as they are so carb heavy.   The drink is a pass but the Riesling looks like a winner.  

Prayers for our members with continuing back problems @JazzyV and @Nickelpenny.   Prayers for all needing them and celebrating the continued improvement of Baby Murphy.    Prayers for all in was zones for no fault of their own, Israel, Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.    Prayers for the hostages in Gaza.  

Our get together was fun yesterday with a lot of good conversation with all of us appreciating good wine and gardening.  I made a home made pomegranate vinaigrette which was yummy.  We are heading out to the Empire of the Flower Moon movie which is 3 + hours.  I will have issues not being able to munch popcorn so will sneak in a few Atkins bars, no straw usage either so will have to open the top of the beverage to drink some.   My tooth extraction wound is doing very well.    Have a lovely Friday!    Nancy 

image.thumb.png.4530631e10cef87f7f632f2d14fe1f34.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all. This is one of those days in your life where you know exactly where you were and what you were doing. I was standing in front of a grade 8 class doing the second of my practise teaching sessions in my year at teachers college. It was a great teachable moment about history (my major) enhanced by the fact that I was born in Germany. I remember a class actually interested in talking about history. 

Just above freezing here. Endive will need to be covered tonight, one last time. We will have a warm up after a freeze tonight. So far a good year, weather wise.

prayers for those that need them and a shout out to those celebrating or cruising. My eyes are doing well after cataract surgery. Feels strange not having glasses on my face after wearing them since 1958! But what a pain to have to grab reading glasses for close work. I see my own eye doctor in early December. She may do a slight correction for distance and a reading segment. That seems to be the trend. 

Edited by superoma
Add
  • Like 27

Good morning. It’s 68 degrees here and we do have the possibility of rain the next few days. Definitely in a drought and you can tell the landscapes, trees and vegetation are thirsty.

Our small group met last night and we will meet November 30 for a pot luck dinner. It will be our last time with them until our return next June.

Did get the new I Phone 15 yesterday. Couple of new features that I’m getting used to. It does charge a lot faster and is advertised to have longer battery life. Of course one needs the new USB C charging cord and that requires a different brick (plug) so I marked the new cord so as not to get mixed up with I Pad cord.

Have some minor easy chores today and we don’t really have any plans other than just enjoying and relaxing at home.

So thanks again for the Fleet Report and continued thoughts, concerns and prayers for you that are ailing and prayers that the wars and hatred resolve and we can love thy neighbors as thy self. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.62853cc778ac2b6736a89d360b907386.jpegimage.jpeg.7bdb16d0aed113f6d0fd0ee95084f879.jpegimage.jpeg.01bc8aaeadc701706de936d60678290e.jpegimage.jpeg.f924aab47a3171469775fcc1140d6402.jpegimage.jpeg.0455dcb630718c3d8afb1e3c0d0361d3.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 14