Thursday November 30th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good morning. It will be a little warmer today and get up to the high forties.

I do like chocolate mousse and used to make it for DD DH. Computer security is important and I worked with nurses from Barbados who remembered their Independence Day as children.I have always wanted to travel to their homeland after hearing about the beauty for so long.

The VOV took us to the port and I remember a beautiful day wandering around the town. DB was with us on that cruise and he promised to send me the pictures….

I will be thinking of Roy  @rafinmdas he commences traveling home. I imagine the roadways are getting crowded in Florida as winter settles in up north.

All the best to all of you

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone!  

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the link to my pictures in Seydisfjordur.  How do I copy and post them here?   Just a simple copy and paste?  

I think Sue is feeling better so we are going to the hardware store to pick up what we need to get the lights under the built in cabinets to work and then to our favorite clothing store.  She wants to buy a winter coat.  That will come in handy here in Michigan.  

The white chicken lasagna sounds good, but I would need more seasoning than it calls for.  It looks good and would be nice for a change.  Just hope it isn't too bland.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/creamy-white-chicken-and-spinach-lasagna/

whitechickenandspinachlasagna1.thumb.jpg.7a562d25bd4b93fba8f76729456a425a.jpg

This one is very similar to the first one, just not as many layers.   https://natashaskitchen.com/chicken-lasagna-recipe/

whitechickenandspinachlasagna2.thumb.jpg.449de7a107d06ae77d96f9f66824d79d.jpg

This one has a list of vegetables that can be used in the dish.  @Crazy For Cats I'm sure you can find a substitute for the spinach. I'd use the mushrooms, for sure!  @kazu Jacqui, broccoli is one of the vegetables, so your dish would fit right in!   https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/easy-white-chicken-lasagna-with-spinach/

whitechickenandspinachlasagna3.thumb.jpg.7e93a386e83aec6280ae3484d5ba6e35.jpg

I hope this finds you all well.  @rafinmd Roy, please go slow today!   Safe travels.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Computer security is so important - you never know if the next thing you click on is going to result in malware.  I'd love to have a bowl of mousse for breakfast, but that's not happening.  Good for Barbados; we were there last January and did an all day private tour with a taxi driver - lovely place.

Cold, dark, and still no snow.  Already on the radio there are reports that if we don't get a decent amount of snow, there will definitely be drought in parts of the province.  Looking at the forecast for the next week, there isn't any precipitation coming, which can be a worry.  Sure wouldn't want to be a farmer - grain or animal - with the stress of having to rely on the weather for your livelihood.

Good news - I went online yesterday afternoon and saw the results of my mammogram - all clear, no problems detected.  Even though I've never had issues, it's always a relief to know when a normal report comes back.  I've known far too many women who haven't been as fortunate.

@Sharon in AZ good luck with your cataract surgery today.

@rafinmdI hope you were able to get some restful sleep in the hotel last night.  Be safe on the road today.

@JazzyVsorry you're having not only leg issues, but boiler trouble as well - and I do hope you'll be able to get your floor repaired quickly!

@Quartzsite CruiserI'm glad your fellow can order the washer parts and install them - it's better to try to repair than replace, even if you have to go to the laundromat in the interim.

@marshhawkif you haven't heard about the oxygen by noon today, call the doctor's office - you can't be without it this long!!!

I feel like a new woman - great haircut, new glasses, and today I'm going to my friend (a jeweler) who has made a few new spinner rings for me to try so I can replace the one I lost a couple of months ago.  I've worn a ring on my thumb since 1999 and it feels so strange not to have one there; I'm really looking forward to getting one again.  The two pair of glasses I ordered online only a few days ago arrived yesterday; they come from China and our border security people make sure nothing gets through that shouldn't.  The package was thoroughly inspected, then re-sealed and they even put in the plastic they'd cut off the top into the bag with the glasses. 

I'm passing on the drink, I've had the wine and would definitely drink it again, and look forward to seeing the recipe for today's menu suggestion.  Looking in the deep freeze the other day I found a couple of containers of hamburger soup that I'd made a few months ago.  Currently 1 of them is thawing in the fridge so we'll be having soup and crusty buns at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, and in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 28

On 8/10/2023 at 10:20 AM, dfish said:

I figured it out!!  Here is what I posted last summer.

Greetings from Seydisfjordur, Iceland!   No organized excursion today.  We went out and walked around town.  Sue found a gift for granddaughter River and we sent off a postcard to Ellamary.  We hiked up to a waterfall and then had some great fish and chips from a food truck near the public pool.

@Tbay  Happy Birthday!

I am happy to hear that @mamaofami’s DH will be released to rehab and that @DeeniEncinitas and DH are safe.  Such a tragedy on Maui.  Good wishes for @catmando and @ger_77’s DH.

IMG_2788.thumb.jpeg.6fa116d3e489d1d9e7ac5a61a5ccb0bb.jpeg

IMG_2793.thumb.jpeg.b2cf0730f4b5c5e292ce7ada5c324107.jpeg

IMG_2794.thumb.jpeg.8f98773094c55f8db540b9f7703a9fb5.jpeg

IMG_2790.thumb.jpeg.ed07b1d76e9d62a3a9b2025d800aad49.jpeg

IMG_2795.thumb.jpeg.15048536309c703c04a07b8f995f7401.jpeg

• Like 24

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!  

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the link to my pictures in Seydisfjordur.  How do I copy and post them here?   Just a simple copy and paste?  

I think Sue is feeling better so we are going to the hardware store to pick up what we need to get the lights under the built in cabinets to work and then to our favorite clothing store.  She wants to buy a winter coat.  That will come in handy here in Michigan.  

The white chicken lasagna sounds good, but I would need more seasoning than it calls for.  It looks good and would be nice for a change.  Just hope it isn't too bland.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/creamy-white-chicken-and-spinach-lasagna/

whitechickenandspinachlasagna1.thumb.jpg.7a562d25bd4b93fba8f76729456a425a.jpg

This one is very similar to the first one, just not as many layers.   https://natashaskitchen.com/chicken-lasagna-recipe/

whitechickenandspinachlasagna2.thumb.jpg.449de7a107d06ae77d96f9f66824d79d.jpg

This one has a list of vegetables that can be used in the dish.  @Crazy For Cats I'm sure you can find a substitute for the spinach. I'd use the mushrooms, for sure!  @kazu Jacqui, broccoli is one of the vegetables, so your dish would fit right in!   https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/easy-white-chicken-lasagna-with-spinach/

whitechickenandspinachlasagna3.thumb.jpg.7e93a386e83aec6280ae3484d5ba6e35.jpg

I hope this finds you all well.  @rafinmd Roy, please go slow today!   Safe travels.  

What time do you expect me for dinner?

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

Multi-quoting and quoting isn't working on here for me at the moment so plan B!

Joy @Seasick Sailor I'm not able to say anything about my news until it's official.  Could take all day and I'm not very patient sometimes.  Bear with me!

Debbie @dfish you can do it the way you just did or you can click on and highlight the text and photos you want to move to here.  The old copy and paste method.  Brings back fond memories of our day spent there seeing the photos again.

• Like 20

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Joy @Seasick Sailor I'm not able to say anything about my news until it's official.  Could take all day and I'm not very patient sometimes.  Bear with me!

Debbie @dfish you can do it the way you just did or you can click on and highlight the text and photos you want to move to here.  The old copy and paste method.  Brings back fond memories of our day spent there seeing the photos again.

Lol Sandi,  I was just about to ask if dear daughter and SIL were expecting! Or if they picked up a new puppy, or whether you are moving to Texas To be closer to Ren (and us!)  But since it's, 'permission " I think it's Ren! Just a guessing game since there's no hints..

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

Good morning all. I have a favour to ask of this great group. A close friend of mine, one of the women in the Wednesday group, could use your prayers. She went to the ER on Sunday for an inflamed right foot and calf. They got her on antibiotics and set her up to get IV antibiotics at home (visiting nurse). Yesterday when the nurse came to do the infusion she recommended that Dena go back to emerg. The big toe and second toe have gone black. She was good, followed advice and was kept overnight for observation. Waiting to hear this morning if she has been admitted. We are very worried for her and will be grateful for your prayers. I won’t post any pictures because they are really gross but thank you in advance for your prayers. 

In my unprofessional opinion it looks like it started as cellulitis. Now we are hoping it isn’t or doesn’t turn into MRSA. Will update when I get news.

Edited by superoma
Add
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 20

2 minutes ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. I have a favour to ask of this great group. A close friend of mine, one of the women in the Wednesday group, could use your prayers. She went to the ER on Sunday for an inflamed right foot and calf. They got her on antibiotics and set her up to get IV antibiotics at home (visiting nurse). Yesterday when the nurse came to do the infusion she recommended that Dena go back to emerg. The big toe and second toe have gone black. She was good, followed advice and was kept overnight for observation. Waiting to hear this morning if she has been admitted. We are very worried for her and will be grateful for your prayers. I won’t post any pictures because they are really gross but thank you in advance for your prayers. Will update if I get news.

You betcha! Allen and I have said a prayer for Superoma's friend!

• Like 18

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  I love chocolate mousse.  The farmers market near us has it once in a while.  It has little chocolate bits in it, yummy.  My mom used to make it from a box, but I never see that at the grocery store.

I love my computer.  I love coming into the den in the morning, and sitting down and catching up with all of you.  And I love knowing that there is security on it.  BUT  for the last couple of days, the computers in my life and in my business, and in my dr's offices, all seem to have lost the ability to have humans actually interact with them correctly.

I had an appointment early this morning that I cancelled on line yesterday.  And then several hours later I got an email to check into my appointment.  I tried to cancel it again, and it said I had to call to cancel.  So between shifts yesterday I called, was on hold for 20 minutes, Victoria picks up, verifies all my information, and when I told her that I had tried to cancel on line, she said, Oh, you did.....Then why send me another sign in form?    Our calling system crashed last night at my job, so I actually did get to sit at the table and eat dinner which was nice, and then it came back up, and I went back to work.

Chuck picked up our meds yesterday afternoon, and the phone rang this morning reminding us to pick up our meds

I wish that people actually spoke to each other, this way, when you are done, what you wanted to accomplish was done too.  

I did get a call from the oxygen people this morning.  Everything was good, but they had the wrong  company for my part N.  And that had to be corrected.  If they approve it, then I will get the oxygen.  

It is what it is, and watch out for emails that look personal, they are SPAM!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

I was discharged about 4:30 with Lift to the hospital but to the wrong entrance.  A nurse actually walked with me to the right entrance and I was at the  just before dark.  

My first order of business was booking the train back home and then dinner at the hotel and a reservation for Thursday.  I was in bed about 9 and slept quite well until about 6:30.

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 12

Good morning,

it will in the 50’s with occasional rain shower. I did some  semi homemade cookies for DGS bake sale. My DDIL is not a baker so I had to cheat a bit due to my hand. DGS could do all of it but had help from his mom and sister. 

premade refrigerator peanut butter cookie dough (works better than homemade)
mini peanut butter cups 

roll dough into balls and place in lined mini cupcake tin

bake as directed

remove from oven and immediately place unwrapped peanut butter cup in center 

For the peanut allergic kid we tried sugar cookie dough and Hershey kisses but the kisses melted into dare I say x-rated  shapes! Those will be eaten by the family. 

Prayers and well wishes. Have a great day. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

Computer security is a constant concern, but I grow more and more annoyed with the apps that make it a hindrance to what they are intended to do. It's important to distinguish between Mousse Day and Hair Gel Day, and also between Mousse Day and Moose Day or Mouse Day.

I haven't been to Barbados, but I've drunk beer from there -- in Curacao, where the national brand, Brion, is actually brewed in Barbados.

I might like the meal, but I'll probably never know. The drink is a waste of Maker's Mark and it sounds, anyway, like a fancy mint julep. For a red blend, I'll suggest Anthony Road Devonian Red from Penn Yan, NY. Penn Yan, BTW, is the home of Burkett Mills, founded there in 1797 and the largest packer of buckwheat in the country. I haven't been to Seydisfjordur.

My class presentation is today. I timed several runs and removed some bits, then looked again at the grading criteria and added some. I uploaded the PowerPoint file a little while ago, so I can't do any more work on it.

beforeTG.jpg.567b628f085702f467ea335ccd3f87d6.jpg

• Like 17
  • Haha 14

Good morning from a partly cloudy Quartzsite.  The sun just came over our mountains to the east, and for once I got to see it.  It is a crisp 46F and feels like 43F.  Our high will be 64F with a pretty good chance of rain in the early evening.  I can't wait to enjoy the smell of the desert after it rains, if that happens.  Currently the humidity is 66% with a dew point of 35F and a 5 mph wind from the south.  Today after finishing the computer work I started yesterday, I'm going to try to finish straightening the house and motorhome.  This afternoon, I hope to finish the yard work, and put up the outdoor Christmas lights.  I have a feeling some of that will carry over into tomorrow.

Computer security is very important everyday.  Since DH had a software company, we have been aware of the security issue since the World Wide Web was introduced.  Today, with all the computer malware it is even more important.  Give me a good chocolate mousse any day.  On the other hand, the styling mousse is also important to help hold my hair in place.  😉  I will celebrate the independence of the lovely island of Barbados.  We've enjoyed many visits there.

A very interesting quote from Mark Twain, and I will give it some more thought as the day progresses.

The lasagna looks good, and I might give it a try for a change, but then the traditional lasagna with Italian sausage is hard to beat.  I'll pass on the drink since I don't like anyone to mess with my mojito.  The red wine sounds good.

Sadly, the lovely port of Seydisfjordur has not been on any itineraries, but hopefully. we'll get there someday.  Thank you Sandi, @StLouisCruisers, Jack @Heartgrove and Debbie @dfish for sharing your pictures.  Debbie, good you figured how to do it.  As Sandi said, good old cut and paste into the quote box also works well for me.

The first beer purity law in 1487 was good.  In 1872, the first international soccer game was the start of a world phenomena.  

@Sharon in AZ  Sharon, sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery today.

@kazu  Jacqui, good luck figuring out how to get home after your cruise next year.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, that is interesting about the officers stopping to talk to you.  I hope they get the balcony door fixed.  In the meantime, watch those fingers and thumbs.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'll be checking back to see the big announcement later.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I hope you have plenty of help decorating the tree at the Library.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I hope you have good results from your lab work, and no more surprises.

@ottahand7  Nancy, the washer that has the problem is not the new one, but the 15 year old one here in Quartzsite.  After checking on new washers, that may not be deliverable here, we opted to repair this one.  We toyed with the idea of doing the work ourselves since it's not difficult to do.  Instead, we are getting the company who installed our new HVAC system to do the work.  AC work is their specialty, but they also do a lot of appliance repair.  Now, we just have to wait for the parts to arrive.

@superoma  Eva, sending very positive thoughts that the antibiotics work for your friend and that she recovers fully.  That is a scary situation.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope the insurance for the oxygen is approved soon.  The automated call systems used by doctors and dentists seem to have a mind of their own.  I always say computers are nice when they work.  When they don't I call DH.  

@rafinmd  Roy, safe travels today, and a safe journey on the train tomorrow.  I'm glad you got a good night's sleep last night.  Please take it easy.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, that was nice of you doing the baking for your DGS's bake sale.  How is your brother doing after his surgery?

405239255_734723635370389_8415658204978885982_n.jpg.526583d6937a20751168bfff0a8b0db5.jpg

405828375_122108894594121770_7610297845651787748_n.thumb.jpg.b5624d39ac7df7e3f9573aa1a7a7a406.jpg

406444919_314670978188367_5977322886195689266_n.jpg.bcec0105b168fc739c5d4aeda2791c84.jpg

404382703_818806956713381_7928932564601375032_n.jpg.38de62aa3144b55adb6fbebb68229157.jpg

405717940_10223384154143038_2736502665636636621_n.jpg.c64465719373c86c58cc0d4a8b51703e.jpg

369880039_785210650255424_8661455716523149866_n.jpg.0d015ef091dbb8f9fc0b66312e51d20b.jpg

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 18

Good morning all!

Our beautiful sunny days are gone and rain has returned.  Even a forecast of "frozen mix" tomorrow.  I guess it's our turn, and it will be December tomorrow after all...

The security system we have on our computers works well, and we always have our computer guru DS if we need help.  I love chocolate mousse, but haven't had any in a long time.  Congratulations to Barbados!  I'll pass on the red wine and drink, but might like the meal.  Not sure DH would care for it though.  Thank you for all the lovely photos of Seydisfjordur!  It wasn't on our VOV itinerary.  Photos of Iceland really make me want to do the VOV again....we're booked through June 2025, hmm...

Today will be another full day.  This morning we're going to the DGSs school where the 5th grader will be in a musical program.  Afterwards we'll probably get lunch out, and continue down to Seattle to pick up the last Christmas gift. 

Tomorrow I'm thinking of getting my Covid booster, the timing would be good between holidays and a few weeks before the cruise.  Meanwhile the packing continues.  When DH called World Cruise office at HAL yesterday they told him that this year's Grand Africa didn't receive the list of Theme nights until after Luggage Forward had picked up luggage.  Not inspiring much confidence!  So by looking at previous Grand Voyage Theme nights I'm just making an educated guess and winging it!  

Sharon @Sharon in AZ Thinking of you today as you have your cataract surgery.  Both DH and BFF say it's a piece of cake.

Roy @rafinmd Safe travels home!

Eva @superoma Prayers for your friend.

• Like 26

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

What time do you expect me for dinner?

We usually eat around six, but we're not having the lasagna.  Menu is fish and vegetables - probably broccoli.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. I have a favour to ask of this great group. A close friend of mine, one of the women in the Wednesday group, could use your prayers. She went to the ER on Sunday for an inflamed right foot and calf. They got her on antibiotics and set her up to get IV antibiotics at home (visiting nurse). Yesterday when the nurse came to do the infusion she recommended that Dena go back to emerg. The big toe and second toe have gone black. She was good, followed advice and was kept overnight for observation. Waiting to hear this morning if she has been admitted. We are very worried for her and will be grateful for your prayers. I won’t post any pictures because they are really gross but thank you in advance for your prayers. 

In my unprofessional opinion it looks like it started as cellulitis. Now we are hoping it isn’t or doesn’t turn into MRSA. Will update when I get news.

That is scary, especially since the toes have gone black.  Healing thoughts going Dena's way.

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I was discharged about 4:30 with Lift to the hospital but to the wrong entrance.  A nurse actually walked with me to the right entrance and I was at the  just before dark.  

My first order of business was booking the train back home and then dinner at the hotel and a reservation for Thursday.  I was in bed about 9 and slept quite well until about 6:30.

Roy

I'm glad you slept well last night!   Hope your travels go smoothly.

39 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

We are scheduled to stop at todays port next summer. To those of you that have been there, is it walkable?  I tried to tell from the pictures, if there were sidewalks.

It is very walkable.  It is a very small town so if there aren't sidewalks, the streets are safe to walk in.  We walked all over town that day and found the waterfall that we walked up to.  If the fish and chip truck is there, do treat  yourself.  It was excellent.

Well, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.   I posted on the hospital's FB page and they gave me the number for Patient Relations.  I called them and filed a grievance over the situation.  Patient Relations gave me the number of the radiology group that reads the scans and I called them. They were full of excuses because of the huge radiologist shortage.  But, she assured me that my scans had not been lost and were in the queue to be read and that they would be read within 3 weeks.  I told her that was tomorrow and she acted surprised.   Just got a call back from her and the scans have been read and should be posted shortly.  

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dfish said:

Well, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.   I posted on the hospital's FB page and they gave me the number for Patient Relations.  I called them and filed a grievance over the situation.  Patient Relations gave me the number of the radiology group that reads the scans and I called them. They were full of excuses because of the huge radiologist shortage.  But, she assured me that my scans had not been lost and were in the queue to be read and that they would be read within 3 weeks.  I told her that was tomorrow and she acted surprised.   Just got a call back from her and the scans have been read and should be posted shortly. 

Good!  You've been much more patient than I would have been.  I've never heard of scans taking so long!

• Like 17

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

Computer security is vital, especially with reports of hostile takeovers lately. I like a good chocolate mousse. A salute to Barbados independence. Interesting quote. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I have not been to Seydisfjordur, Iceland; I want to go to Iceland. Beer purity is very important in Germany. 

It's warmer today (43F) and sunny. Well, quite the day yesterday. The mitigation team came all the way from WV last evening. They measured moisture in the floor, and put fans and a giant dehumidifier both in the living room and in the basement under (to dry the subfloor). It sounds like a jet engine in here. I was concerned about sleeping, but was so exhausted I went to bed at 9:30 and was asleep by 10. I got about 5 hours, which is a near record the last few months. The insurance claims person called this AM to get details, then the mitigation company manager was just here. These fans have to stay about 3 days! I will still need to get an HVAC company to put in a new radiator. I have PT this afternoon, and that's about all on the agenda today. MRI tomorrow, finally.

@Sharon in AZ Prayers all goes well with your cataract surgery today.

@rafinmd Roy, take your time driving today.

@StLouisCruisers You're teasing us about your big news! Thanks for your photos from Seydisfjordur.

@kazu I hope you get your flight worked out for the best.

@Heartgrove Nice photos. I never have heard of "Trapped".

@Seasick Sailor I hope you get your balcony door fixed.

@grapau27 I had to LOL about your original moose post 😉.

@dfish I'm glad Sue is feeling better. Thanks for the recipes. Yes, just copy and paste. Good for you for being the squeaky wheel!

@ger_77 Good news on the mammogram. 

@superoma Prayers for your friend. Sadly black toes usually is dead tissue.

@marshhawk I hope the oxygen comes soon!

@cruising sister How is your hand coming along?

@kochleffel Good luck with your class presentation today.

@Quartzsite Cruiser You've got a lot on your to-do list! 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 4