The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday February 8th, 2024

kazu

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I hope my bank is aware of Get Rich day and celebrates by depositing something meaningful in my account.

The meal, drink and wine sound good, not been to the port although we were in Sicily in Dec.

Bon Voyage @Lady Hudson 

@MISTER 67 I will raise a glass for your birthday 🥂when I celebrate mine this weekend. 🎂

So Elizabeth, when is yours?

• Like 12

My mom used to feed my brother and I left over spaghetti sauce over mashed potatoes when my dad was on business trips,  She told us it was Hungarian goulash.  My surprise when I grew up, ordered it in a restaurant and found out she had lied to us.🙀

• Like 6
  • Haha 23

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll salute Boy Scouts Day.  Giving hearts day sounds nice. I wish we could laugh and get rich. Good quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink, and pass on the wine. I haven't been to Catania.  Isaac Newton was a force.

It's partly sunny, and going up to 51F here. Last night I couldn't get comfortable and got a little over an hour of sleep from 7-8AM. The pain/tingling was about 5/10. Then I get up and it's 10/10. I'll sit for a while, hope the pain eases, then hopefully be able to work some more on the DR.

@StLouisCruisers You're inspiring me to finish the cross stitch I started 20 years ago for BFF. Then my eyesight prevented me from working on it, but I think now with magnification I could do it. Once the house is back together. Thanks for the great photos. 

@kazu Thanks for starting us up. Once I get to put things back in rooms, I hope to get rid of some or at least put some things up on ebay.

@Lady Hudson Bon Voyage! I hope your DSIL is doing ok.

@grapau27 Graham, I hope you get some relief from your arthritis pain.

@smitty34877 I'm so glad you had some help last night, and hopefully that will continue so you can get some rest. It surprises me too that I can function on little sleep. I'm sorry to hear Tana still has a fever; it does seem to go up at night for some reason. I hope the nurse has some suggestions to help. 

@Seasick Sailor I'm sorry to hear about Ron's continued situation; prayers for him. Enjoy Christmas Day for your girls game night group!

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps today. Good luck working on the new livestreaming equipment.

@marshhawk Interesting dreams. How are you and DH feeling today?

@Nickelpenny That is very sad about the baby zebra.

@Cruzin Terri Enjoy a relaxing day today.

@mamaofami I hope all is well with you and Sam.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Well, we are starting to dry out here in SoCal.  One of the great things about rain in the Los Angeles basin is that the next day the air is crystal clear and the local mountains are beautiful.  Here is a pic of the San Gabriels taken from our neighborhood.  Yeah, there are still some clouds in the way.  Timing is everything.

IMG_2583.jpg.dde572e0ecb210223ece4947df1016f2.jpg

This is as close to snow as I want to be.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Update on our friend Ron. He has something found on an imaging in his throat area. He is scheduled for a hospital MRI tomorrow (after 2 cancellations) where he will go under anesthesia. He now has a bad cough and wheezing and his leg pain is unbearable. Thank you for continuing prayers.

Best wishes for Ron’s procedure tomorrow.  I hope the MRI sheds some light on his health that is easily fixed 🤞 

2 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Sad day in Tucson.  A mother zebra was frightened by the storms on Tuesday, ran toward a wooden fence and her1-month old baby followed her.  Mom stopped before the fence but the baby didn't and suffered a broken neck.  Little Tikiti Maji - who they just named recently, died immediately.  It was so sad and the zoo community is mourning.

Oh my - that is so sad.  Poor baby zebra. 😔

36 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Last night I couldn't get comfortable and got a little over an hour of sleep from 7-8AM. The pain/tingling was about 5/10. Then I get up and it's 10/10. I'll sit for a while, hope the pain eases, then hopefully be able to work some more on the DR.

Oh Vanessa - I so worry about you 🥰. That’s no where near enough sleep and I’m sure it’s not helping your pain.  10/10 is miserable 😔. Can you call your doctor to see if there’s something else she/he can give you?  This is way too much pain and way too little sleep.  😢 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Clocks back another hour last night so it’s just turning 6:00 AM here. We still have some movement but I just looked outside and the ocean has calmed down a lot and there’s some blue sky. We had a fun time attending the Liars Club where we the audience got to choose whether the Captain, HD, CD or Human Relations Officer got to give their definition of a word and who was telling the truth. There replies were hilarious at times. Never have seen this but it was fun. Seeing it was Italian Night in buffet we ate there for a change and it was very good.

I believe we are having a group dinner of around ten of us for dinner tonight.Should be fun.

Singer and dancers tonight and if the weather holds maybe pool and reading time today.

Time for coffee will catch up with post later. Bruce

PS Just got a text from DW. She read the Insider (Daily) wrong last night. Tonight we turn back clocks. No wonder I’m awake and in need of coffee. 😁LOL

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 21
  • Haha 4

I was in Scouts, and while I wasn't good at it, Scouting, in the form of a Boy Scout compass, may have saved my life when I got lost in the snow in the Sky Lakes Wilderness years later (on July 1!).

My thoughts about Hungarian goulash are the same as the last time we had it. I wouldn't bother with the drink. For a Sauvignon Blanc, Hosmer Estate 2021. I haven't been to Catania.

I have been desutured.

villageidiots.thumb.jpg.09e499f68ba8151c84ba6de51d95d24f.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 7

Spent most of yesterday working on my income taxes.  Should finish today as it is one of the last things I have to do before we leave for our cruise.  Interesting to hear about Boy Scouts and golf as my experiences are different.  Growing up on a farm, I was a member of FFA (Future Farmers of America).  Our son wanted to join Cub Scouts.  He went to one meeting and said he didn't fit in with those people.  They kept a goat in their house.  So it was one meeting and done.  I never golfed, but as a child we lived for a short time near a golf course.  My brother and I would go there to search for lost golf balls, sometimes diving in the river to get them.  Used to get a quarter for the good ones, so it was a good source of funds for a kid at the time.

Ray

• Like 23

Good morning and thanks all!
We enjoyed Catania,  last time we went to Ortygia and Noto on a private tour which I would highly recommend.   The food and wine were  great, Nero d’Avila

IMG_3315.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_3363.jpeg

IMG_3361.jpeg

IMG_3351.jpeg

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_3336.jpeg

IMG_3328.jpeg

IMG_3327.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

My mom used to feed my brother and I left over spaghetti sauce over mashed potatoes when my dad was on business trips,  She told us it was Hungarian goulash.  My surprise when I grew up, ordered it in a restaurant and found out she had lied to us.🙀

That’s pretty funny.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

🤣

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll salute Boy Scouts Day.  Giving hearts day sounds nice. I wish we could laugh and get rich. Good quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink, and pass on the wine. I haven't been to Catania.  Isaac Newton was a force.

It's partly sunny, and going up to 51F here. Last night I couldn't get comfortable and got a little over an hour of sleep from 7-8AM. The pain/tingling was about 5/10. Then I get up and it's 10/10. I'll sit for a while, hope the pain eases, then hopefully be able to work some more on the DR.

@StLouisCruisers You're inspiring me to finish the cross stitch I started 20 years ago for BFF. Then my eyesight prevented me from working on it, but I think now with magnification I could do it. Once the house is back together. Thanks for the great photos. 

@kazu Thanks for starting us up. Once I get to put things back in rooms, I hope to get rid of some or at least put some things up on ebay.

@Lady Hudson Bon Voyage! I hope your DSIL is doing ok.

@grapau27 Graham, I hope you get some relief from your arthritis pain.

@smitty34877 I'm so glad you had some help last night, and hopefully that will continue so you can get some rest. It surprises me too that I can function on little sleep. I'm sorry to hear Tana still has a fever; it does seem to go up at night for some reason. I hope the nurse has some suggestions to help. 

@Seasick Sailor I'm sorry to hear about Ron's continued situation; prayers for him. Enjoy Christmas Day for your girls game night group!

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps today. Good luck working on the new livestreaming equipment.

@marshhawk Interesting dreams. How are you and DH feeling today?

@Nickelpenny That is very sad about the baby zebra.

@Cruzin Terri Enjoy a relaxing day today.

@mamaofami I hope all is well with you and Sam.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

My gosh, how do you survive on that one hour of sleep?  This is crazy.  I really hope you can get some different kind of pain med to tide you over the next few weeks.  

I couldn't do cross stitching without a good eyeglass prescription, plus a decent magnifying glass to see what some of those icons are on the instruction chart.  I hope you can finish the project for BFF sometime soon.  You've got too much on your plate right now but when things improve, I hope you'll try working on it.

• Like 18

Good morning and Happy Thursday from the beautiful Koningsdam docked in Kahului, Maui. Yesterday I went on the HOHO trolley and it was so beautiful. It was the line that went to Koko Head and further to Hunama Bay, the blow hole, and Sea Life Park. I stayed on the entire time. And the wind!  I didn’t think I was going to have any hair left. 

Today we are walking around and have plans to go to a little cafe owned by a Top Chef participant, Sheldon Simeon. It should be fun. I’m looking forward to having his macaroni salad. 

Last night we went to Club Orange for dinner with another couple we’ve been talking to at the Ocean Bar. They are from Montreal but the DH is originally from the Saguenay area and the DW originally from the Quebec City area. I love it when she says oui oui. Lots of fun. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, I was so heartbroken to hear about the baby zebra. I spoke with my DM and she said that there was snow halfway down the Catalinas. I bet it’s beautiful. 

Well, I’ve been writing this off and on for over an hour and we need to head out. Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25

We are still in Dominica leaving in an hour.   We went ashore for lunch at a restaurant in sight from the ship.  It was very popular with locals and French folks.  I feel for the people on tours today as it has been gloomy all day and it just started raining.  Every time a big wave comes in the ship shudders, probably more noticeable in our aft cabin.   A website photo of the restaurant and a few from our day in town.  Have a nice evening.  Nancy 

Screenshot_20240208-124413-843.png

IMG_20240208_114459547.jpg

IMG_20240208_120702665_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240208_111859707_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240208_111802069.jpg

IMG_20240208_113331651.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!
We enjoyed Catania,  last time we went to Ortygia and Noto on a private tour which I would highly recommend.   The food and wine were  great, Nero d’Avila

IMG_3315.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_3363.jpeg

IMG_3361.jpeg

IMG_3351.jpeg

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_3336.jpeg

IMG_3328.jpeg

IMG_3327.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

Please explain the 3rd photo if you can.

• Like 9

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, regarding your HOHO trolley experience yesterday, I found out about the shuttle from the ship to the main starting point for the trolley’s only after I was on the shuttle. The person I sat next to was very informative, however I didn’t find out about the shuttle return to the ship being not until 3:30 until I got back from the 2 hour tour. I was misinformed that the shuttle to the ship was the red line and it arrived every hour on the hour. Because we missed the 11:00 red line I passed the time at a food court across the street, came back to take the noon shuttle and then found out that it only went to the tower and the walk to the ship was 1/6 mile and that the shuttle directly to the ship was not until 3:30. Oh boy, was I upset. Normally that walk would have been okay but I wasn’t up for it after all the wind. So Craig came in an Uber and picked me up. Thank goodness!  So I’m with you on the miscommunication from shore excursions. 

Drink of the day now on Koningsdam.

20240207_191148.thumb.jpg.b51084fe01311cc46e1fa61e9f56b16a.jpg

Oh yum!  So, I have to know, what is the name of this delightful looking drink?

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 18

8 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

@Sharon in AZI think you've got your islands mixed up - sounds like your on Oahu, not Maui.

Yes, Oahu was yesterday and Maui is today. Since I can’t post on that thread now I’m posting here about my tour yesterday because I didn’t post yesterday.  I cut and pasted Lenda’s drink picture. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 10

14 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Please explain the 3rd photo if you can.

I wondered, too, but didn't want to ask in case I was the only one in the dark. 🙄Thanks for asking!!

• Like 5

Good afternoon, 

What I thought was going to be a quiet stay-at-home day is turning out a lot differently. Oh well - go with the flow. DS was here about 10:30 and got the new range hood installed and then got the old kitchen sink out. It was set in there with the idea of not moving it and it turns out to be a cast iron one so that sink is heavy! Now the new stainless steel sink is in place and DS is off to get parts and caulking. I've given him money so he's fine. 

I got a call a few hours ago that there was a cancelation at PT and did I want to come in this afternoon and I said YES so I'll be out shortly. This will be my first PT session since mid-December and my stuck hip muscle is letting me know it's needed even with all the water aerobics. DS loaded up the recycling in the car so now I can make that a stop afterwards. Once I get back and my kitchen is back to normal I need to bake a quick pan of brownies to take to a Widows Support Group potluck tomorrow. 

Have a good day!

Karen

• Like 20