what is your second favorite cruise line?

Peckishpixie

We love Holland, but can't find an itinerary we like on the dates we have available. We love Holland because it is mostly people over 40, quiet and there is no smoking on the verandas. We sailed Carnival and it was terrible. We liked princess okay, but spent a lot of time in our room because of the noise and crowds.

If you are a Holland lover, what other lines would you go on? Can you recommend something low key for a girl like me?

#1- Holland America

#2 - Princess

#3- Fathom- no longer in existence

#4 - Carnival

#5 - Royal Caribbean

#6 - Disney

This is based on my personal cruise experiences I have had with these lines.

LOVE HAL - most consistent product and the crew is always stellar!

Luxury lines have smaller ships, a better passenger-space ratio and much less noise. Slightly below their price level you find Oceania which is known for their fine food, Azamara which people say has a friendly ambiance and Viking Oceans which has new ships.

We love Oceania ships, sailed on Azamara a few years ago and booked them again, haven't tried Viking yet. For us, it's itinerary first and ship second.

Luxury lines have smaller ships, a better passenger-space ratio and much less noise. Slightly below their price level you find Oceania which is known for their fine food, Azamara which people say has a friendly ambiance and Viking Oceans which has new ships.

We love Oceania ships, sailed on Azamara a few years ago and booked them again, haven't tried Viking yet. For us, it's itinerary first and ship second.

Oceania

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity would be our second choice (only been on the Infinity British Isles Cruise). We have been on the Carnival (4X), NCL (2X), but we have cruise enough times to be 4-star mariners and have some nice perks. We enjoy very much travelling on Hal and one booked for the fall on the Koningsdam,

My Ranking:

#1: Royal Viking Line

#2: Holland America Line

#3: Carnival Cruise Lines

#5: Princess Cruises

#6: a tie: Home Lines and Sitmar Cruises (Why a tie? Their Italian ambiance, crew, and cuisine.)

Checking my Signature, there are other Companies whose cruises I enjoyed, PFEL and AHC, particularly. Both provided unique cruise experiences to our 50th State that are duplicated the way they provided them today.

Cunard provided the most inconsistent cruise experience. My first, a TA on QE2, is best described by my late traveling companion's comment one evening having a pre-dinner drink in the Yacht Club, "When does this garbage barge get to New York?" (They were having crew Union issues at the time.) My 2nd voyage was on QM2: fully met my expectations.

Edited by rkacruiser

I'll prob have to put Royal Caribbean as #1. Stay in a suite and I feel like it's a little better as far as perks go. A little more varied and upbeat atmosphere as well. #2 so far is a tie between Celebrity and HAL. This may change in March!