Door decorations!

54 minutes ago, hogwildcruzers said:

We will be on the Liberty of the Seas this Halloween and my wife loves to decorate, but I think I heard somewhere that RC has banned putting anything on cabin doors, can anybody tell me if this is true or not?

Not true, we see door decorations all the time.

Royal Caribbean’s policy allows for decorations, but states that nothing can be used “which may be deemed by ship management as inappropriate.” And, as stated above, in general you should not use anything that would damage the door. Magnets work great on the stateroom doors.

1 hour ago, hogwildcruzers said:

We will be on the Liberty of the Seas this Halloween and my wife loves to decorate, but I think I heard somewhere that RC has banned putting anything on cabin doors, can anybody tell me if this is true or not?

"I heard somewhere" - do you remember WHERE?

It is not true.  

Please use magnets, which cause no  harm to the door.  BTW, the walls of your cabin are magnetic, too, and you can use magnets inside your cabin, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogwildcruzers said:

That was another cruise line that has banned door decorations.

😣That’s correct it is NCL that has recently deemed decorations on the door as possible fire hazards and it is now prohibited. You can still decorate your cabin doors on RCCL. We were on the Allure in September in a CLS and our door was decorated for our Anniversary. 🤗

4 hours ago, Drock20J said:

Stay away from Pineapples... unless you are into that kind of thing 😉

DO place a pineapple dressed up as a ghost on any friends/family doors that are up for a good laugh. 

Just not yours

Edited by KelSny1011
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, hogwildcruzers said:

DO NOT put any of the Jello looking ones on any doors. Seen at least 100 stains on multiple ships in shapes/colors of Orange Pumpkins, Green Xmas Trees, and even Turkey with ea feather different color. These been stained on some doors for at least 7yrs I'm aware of, they never come off

15 hours ago, flamingos said:

We found that the coating on the doors made magnets rather ineffective, so our message boards didn't stick. Bring tape or something to affix them.

Bad advise. What is something else? You need to use stronger magnets. 

Edited by davekathy