P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I always seem to miss all these things, either I must not read it correctly or it goes over my head. 

if I ever say anything wrong though I’m happy to be called out on it. 

here today I am still not packed. It’s stressing me but it’s my last day of work. I’ve done have day. Kids are playing Lego and hubby is on nights which I hate 

going to see my 90 year old gran tonight. She had a party last week that went well, unfortunately only time me and my cousins see each other now is parties or funerals. She says oh you will know so many people. What she meant was I’d met them when I was my daughters ages. But I got loads of compliments as both kids went and talked to everyone, Georgia had them in fits of giggles as she decided to ask old ladies how old they were and what were their favourite sandwiches, least Scarlett was a little more reserved but I was very proud of them both, I hate talking to people like that but they both did it beautifully and I do think being confident to have conversations like that is a good skill for them to learn. 

love seeing all the photos on here of grahams Ice creams at the beach etc. I wouldn’t like this thread to be closed. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone.  Thanks for your concern - happy to confirm that all's well.  As one or two mentioned, I did post four days back, but oddly the post was deleted.

As I said then, I really like all the posters here - it's like one enormous, supportive, family - but one of my main interests is a subject which isn't permitted, and we're not cruising at present (or indeed going anywhere inside) so I spend a bit less time here.  I do wish you all well, though, and my wife and I found some of the recent posts about the support this particular thread brings quite moving.  We none of us know when we might be in the same position, but it's really heart-warming to see how much help the chat here's been for some in particular. No names, obviously, but some have obviously gone through an awful lot over the last two or three years and unless you've been in the same situation it's impossible to know what that must be like.  Let's hope this thread continues - exactly as before - because it's obviously such a source of comfort to so many.

Harry

• Like 39

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hi everyone.  Thanks for your concern - happy to confirm that all's well.  As one or two mentioned, I did post four days back, but oddly the post was deleted.

As I said then, I really like all the posters here - it's like one enormous, supportive, family - but one of my main interests is a subject which isn't permitted, and we're not cruising at present (or indeed going anywhere inside) so I spend a bit less time here.  I do wish you all well, though, and my wife and I found some of the recent posts about the support this particular thread brings quite moving.  We none of us know when we might be in the same position, but it's really heart-warming to see how much help the chat here's been for some in particular. No names, obviously, but some have obviously gone through an awful lot over the last two or three years and unless you've been in the same situation it's impossible to know what that must be like.  Let's hope this thread continues - exactly as before - because it's obviously such a source of comfort to so many.

Harry

Great to hear you are well Harry.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Harry

Great to hear from you Harry and I'm really pleased you are well.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning ,hope everyone is ok 😊

Whatever your doing have a nice day and be happy 😍

Which reminds me  @grapau27   GRAHAM & PAULINE  41 years today:classic_love::classic_love::classic_love:

anniversary-animated-image-2.gif.fbc48462280210ad728b676944260c7c.gif

Have a wonderful day you two 😊

Thank you for your lovely message Kalos.

Graham and Pauline.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

@grapau27happy anniversary to you both. Have a wonderful day and maybe treat yourselves to a nice meal out? 😀🎉

@Dermotsgirlhappy anniversary for last Monday! 🎉

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

Happy Anniversary Graham & Pauline, hope you have a lovely day 🥂

Michelle

Thank you Gill and Michelle.

I dropped Pauline off at work at 7.20am.

We are taking our Sarah out tomorrow with us for a meal.

Graham x

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

@grapau27happy 41st Wedding Anniversary Graham & Pauline 

(Me and my husband passed that milestone last Monday! ) 

Thank you @Dermotsgirl.

Happy belated anniversary to you both.

I remembered your anniversary was close to ours and your husband's birthday is close to mine which is October 27th.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.766b13aac91c4b0dd4b29c79688f3b1b.gif

• Like 1

Two weeks leave for me and we should have been on Ventura sailing to the Canaries but as at the final settlement date we hadn't found anyone to look after Teddy so we had to cancel. Typically, one week later we got two separate offers to have him.

Never mind though, at least he was home for his 1st birthday yesterday. We are also taking the opportunity for a long overdue visit to Michelle's sister in Brithdir and I'm looking forward to some relaxing downtime with plenty of dog walks somewhere new.

For anyone who doesn't know Brithdir (like me) the Wikipedia entry is, errrrr, interesting?

Brithdir, Gwynedd - Wikipedia

IMG_2380.jpg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Two weeks leave for me and we should have been on Ventura sailing to the Canaries but as at the final settlement date we hadn't found anyone to look after Teddy so we had to cancel. Typically, one week later we got two separate offers to have him.

Never mind though, at least he was home for his 1st birthday yesterday. We are also taking the opportunity for a long overdue visit to Michelle's sister in Brithdir and I'm looking forward to some relaxing downtime with plenty of dog walks somewhere new.

For anyone who doesn't know Brithdir (like me) the Wikipedia entry is, errrrr, interesting?

Brithdir, Gwynedd - Wikipedia

IMG_2380.jpg

Nice to hear from you again Damian and to see how much Teddy has grown. It's a shame about having to cancel your cruise, because of finding someone to care for Teddy, but I think that's what's commonly known as Sod's Law. However, Brithdir looks a quaint little place and perfect for walking Teddy, relaxing or basically doing 'nowt'. That's my kind of holiday.

Avril

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice to hear from you again Damian and to see how much Teddy has grown. It's a shame about having to cancel your cruise, because of finding someone to care for Teddy, but I think that's what's commonly known as Sod's Law. However, Brithdir looks a quaint little place and perfect for walking Teddy, relaxing or basically doing 'nowt'. That's my kind of holiday.

Avril

Thanks Avril. I would have blogged from the cruise but I won't bother from Wales as I'm not sure if it would pass the "banal" post test. I might post a picture of that phone box though... 😁

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9