Sailing in early January - how likely.

bgoff60

My first question would be which January?  Assumably you mean this January, IMHO it's not looking very likely unfortunately.

I have a NZ cruise booked out of Sydney for January 2022 and I'm not confident about that one at this stage.

I really hope they can start up as soon as possible, in a safe as possible way that they are able but my guess is not before second quarter of next year, JMO  : (

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BecAus said:

My first question would be which January?  Assumably you mean this January, IMHO it's not looking very likely unfortunately.

I have a NZ cruise booked out of Sydney for January 2022 and I'm not confident about that one at this stage.

I really hope they can start up as soon as possible, in a safe as possible way that they are able but my guess is not before second quarter of next year, JMO  : (

Hmmm You're not confident about 2022 :classic_huh:

28 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm You're not confident about 2022 :classic_huh:

Ha, ha - no, not really.

I guess I should be more specific though.  I'm down in Oz, on the West Coast which is pretty much Covid free - just a couple of cases that are in hotel quarantine from overseas travel.

There is no chance Aus or NZ will allow ships in this coming season.  And things will have to dramatically improve before next September to allow next season.

We are being told there will be no international travel before mid next year and even that's a maybe and travel to the US is likely to be even further out.  At this stage, we can't even leave our state and there is talk that will extend into next year too.

As has been discussed here, it is much more likely RCG will start up some shorter cruises somewhere over there so fingers crossed that can happen some time soon when safe.

So... I'm very hopeful for our cruise in Jan '22 but not 'confident' at this stage. 

• Like 1

Doubt it....but if they start in Jan 2021 they may have restrictions similar to MSC.  That is.... you must be on a ‘ship tour’ to get off the ship in foreign country.  

We have Indy to Coz in Jan, but may shift before final.

Edited by Rocket3D

People think I am crazy, but the CDC in the US has clearly spelled out requirements to the public and masked it as a "what do you think?" survey. The real issue with it is the demands of the CDC from cruise lines in order to be permitted to use US ports. It basically asks whether port towns should be the ones to pick up the financial tab of a covid cruise or should the cruise line? The obvious answer is the cruise towns are not going to pick up the tab and the cruise lines are not going to fund it. Therefore, they will need to have some form of required insurance for covid that the travelers are required to purchase, sign an agreement to mandatory quarantine (which will eliminate a large percentage of cruisers).

We did a L&S to move our Jan 21 to Jan 22, because it looked less likely to go.  Wanted to get it done before final payment.  

After waiting on refunds for a couple canceled cruises already this year, this was the best option. 

Not going to happen.  

If ship’s crew were being repatriated today for November, I might say you got a chance. Until I see that happening my answer is no, especially if it is more than a 7 day sailing. 

37 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don't think anyone here actually knows yet.  OP - just pick the response that makes you feel the best and go with it!

M

Perfect answer!  LOL.

10 hours ago, BecAus said:

Ha, ha - no, not really.

I guess I should be more specific though.  I'm down in Oz, on the West Coast which is pretty much Covid free - just a couple of cases that are in hotel quarantine from overseas travel.

There is no chance Aus or NZ will allow ships in this coming season.  And things will have to dramatically improve before next September to allow next season.

We are being told there will be no international travel before mid next year and even that's a maybe and travel to the US is likely to be even further out.  At this stage, we can't even leave our state and there is talk that will extend into next year too.

As has been discussed here, it is much more likely RCG will start up some shorter cruises somewhere over there so fingers crossed that can happen some time soon when safe.

So... I'm very hopeful for our cruise in Jan '22 but not 'confident' at this stage. 

Hmmm. So I shouldn't be hopeful for my British Isles July 30, 2021 out of Amsterdam ?

I guess I'll stick with the many on my roll call that seem to be very hopeful....at least for now.

Many of us have even booked a very popular hotel (certain categories already booked up)...easily refundable and only being held by cc. 

• Like 2

Dh is still holding out hope for our January 4th Vision cruise.  He won't let me move it.  Will see.  Numbers here in Nashville are finally going down.  Limited bars to hours and numbers of patrons.   Think that helped.  

14 hours ago, Rocket3D said:

Doubt it....but if they start in Jan 2021 they may have restrictions similar to MSC.  That is.... you must be on a ‘ship tour’ to get off the ship in foreign country.  

We have Indy to Coz in Jan, but may shift before final.

No problem, I will stay on the ship and chill.  On CocoCay or Labadee we would still be able to get off since it is private islands.  Anywhere else, if I cannot get off and go to the beach on my own, I will be more than happy to stay on the ship.  

We have Oasis in Dec - I booked a Royal excursion to take us to the beach, so good there.  We have Labadee, so good there.  Only other island is Cozumel -while I would love to get off and take a cab to Paradise Beach like we normally do, if I cannot, I will stay on the ship or book an excursion that will take me there.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, karena1 said:

No problem, I will stay on the ship and chill.  On CocoCay or Labadee we would still be able to get off since it is private islands.  Anywhere else, if I cannot get off and go to the beach on my own, I will be more than happy to stay on the ship.  

We have Oasis in Dec - I booked a Royal excursion to take us to the beach, so good there.  We have Labadee, so good there.  Only other island is Cozumel -while I would love to get off and take a cab to Paradise Beach like we normally do, if I cannot, I will stay on the ship or book an excursion that will take me there.

You live in Florida, so why not just head to the beach there and forget about cruising for awhile.

19 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

Just getting a  pulse on how likely it l be that we sail on January 3rd.  Harmony OTS. Anybody?

Highly likely. Any business from your local coffee shop to retail store to hair stylist all need to reopen to stay in business. The cruise lines will reopen sooner than later. 

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm. So I shouldn't be hopeful for my British Isles July 30, 2021 out of Amsterdam ?

I guess I'll stick with the many on my roll call that seem to be very hopeful....at least for now.

Many of us have even booked a very popular hotel (certain categories already booked up)...easily refundable and only being held by cc. 

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're getting at.  I said to the OP that I hoped cruising would resume by the second quarter of next year so I sincerely hope your cruise does sail.  

And it's an entirely different market.  I was clarifying why I wasn't confident about my Jan '22 cruise out of Aus/NZ specifically.  Both our governments down here have taken a very firm line in regards to travel in our region and after the Ruby Princess debacle we had down here things would have to have improved dramatically for them to allow a cruise ship anywhere near either of our coasts, IMHO.

They haven't officially cancelled this cruise season yet and it is a full 12 months away before the next season so I really hope things improve quickly and the (entire) world can get back to a sense of normality.

I think you've got GS (x 3) booked for that cruise don't you?  I really hope you do get to go and have a great time with your family.  We have booked (our first) GS for the Jan '22 NZ cruise and I am really looking forward to it so I really HOPE it will be a goer, surely it will be in 18mths right?, but I won't be confident enough to book flights until much closer to.   I've just about finished chasing down all our refunds for cancelled upcoming travel and don't want to do anymore of that than is absolutely necessary.

The whole situation is so depressing.  I know there are people who are in a lot worse situation than just worrying about when their next cruise / holiday will be but I will be so glad when this is all done and dusted and life is fully back to normal.

Fingers crossed it will be soon 🙏

We sail out of San Juan January 9. I haven't bought plane tickets yet. I'll wait until November for that purchase but I'll make the final payment. I think we'll sail, the numbers are dropping everywhere.

34 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Just booked a cruise for January 3, 2020, which I will lift and shift to next year.

Likelihood of the January 2020 cruise sailing?

Less than 1%

January 2020 did sail😉

We had a lovely time on Oasis

Edited by John&LaLa