Favorite Princess Ship?

CruzerDeb

What’s your favorite Princess ship and why? I’m relatively new to Princess, having only previously sailed on the Ruby, which I loved. 

Just booked a cruise on the Regal Princess for June 2022. She looks beautiful from the pictures I have seen. 

Any secrets or tips about the Regal? 

What’s your favorite ship?

While the Royal class ships are not without their charms (great mini-suites for one) I prefer the Grand class ships.  Love their Wheelhouse, sky walker, and explorer lounges and much less crowded.  Next best is the Ruby size ships.  

• Like 4

I've been on two Princess Cruises;  Both Grand Class ships.  Emerald and Caribbean.  Both were somewhat similar;  I did like the moving walkway that takes you to Skywalkers;  that was cool.  Other than that I think both ships were awesome.  After cruising for several years with Royal Caribbean and NCL;  we got tired of theme park cruises;  so Princess ships fit our needs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

Hmm, CB?

Princess uses 2-letter designations for each ship. CB = Caribbean Princess

I’m sure someone will post the entire list of the Princess ship designations for you; I would, if I had them, but as I rarely use them, I don’t keep a list handy.

I can be very happy on any Princess ship!! You’ll enjoy whichever you choose!

• Thanks 1

We love them all.  There are minor preferences, but there are no bad cruise ships in the inventory.

Grand does not have Skywalkers like the rest in her class.  Buffet (pre-COVID) was so much better on the Royal Class ships (Regal being the second in the Royal class).  Some of the Grand and Ruby ships do not have Alfredos (Pizza and Italian - part of the free dining options).  And of course the Royal class do not have the wrap around Promenade for walking and strolling, but do have a deck 17 walking and jogging track - but it is open to the sun and much further up from the water to watch the flying fish, dolphins and whales.  That track is more for exercise than strolling.

But all are winners and we would jump to get on any one of them.

Don

• Thanks 1

We favor Grand Princess mainly because she has one fewer deck of cabins than her later Grand class sisters.  She has Alfredo's that many of her sisters lacks which is a great alternative for days the MDR is closed for lunch or a large evening meal isn't desired.  

She also has our beloved Window Suites, though after Travis, I'm not sure these will ever have quite the same appeal again.  

• Like 2

Pacific Princess is our favorite as it's small and intimate. Following closely are the Diamond Princess and her sister ship the Sapphire Princess. They're basically Grand class ships but just a bit wider so the Promenade deck is pretty cool. They also have split up the two main dining rooms into four themed dining rooms, like that too. After that the regular Grand class (with Skywalkers) and then the Ruby class. Ruby class has an extra deck (Riveria) and no extra passenger space so while they're newer, more people on board. All that said, we've only been on the Royal for that class and then only for ten days. Thought the Royal was too big but it does have a lot of nice amenities and truly is gorgeous. Don't like its tiny balconies!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

The Coral Princess is one of a kind, and the fave of many.

Royal class ships would be perfect if the had a full promenade deck, and larger balconies.

I'm happy to hear that about the Coral. We are booked on her for a 26 day circumnavigation of Australia in 2022.

I agree with your assessment of Royal class ships, though I've only been on the Regal. 

Edited to add that I am excited to see love for the Pacific Princess, as well. We are booked on her for January 2022. 

Edited by MamaFej
  • Like 1

I did a 16 day TA on the Royal, only Royal class I have been on... it is beautiful, glitzy, larger buffet etc, but no main deck, small balconies in mini suite.  I stick with the Grand class, cruised on the first cruise of the Grand when it was new in l999 from Istanbul, cruises many times on the Grand when it was home ported in San Francisco.  Glad the Ruby will be home ported in San Francisco now.  The Ruby is my favorite of the Grand class at this point.  I will have 30 Princess cruises when we go on the Ruby in 2022.  Grand class and the Ruby have what I like larger balconies, main deck, Crown Grill and are not so big and easy to get around. 

• Like 1

The Sapphire Princess was my favorite for a long time until Princess sent the ship to Asia. I loved the wide wraparound promenade deck, the covered pool and smaller restaurants. Now the Royal and the Sky are my favorites. I’ve never felt crowded on either one and I like the larger buffet. My last cruise before Covid was on the Sky in February and I thought the ship was beautiful.

• Like 1

At the moment Diamond Princess. On the basis of my Diamond cruise, I had booked Sapphire for this year (2020), which of course did not eventuate.

She has the size and features of a Ruby Princess with 500 fewer passengers. As a result she feels much less crowded and generally more laid back.

I liked Sea for her feeling of an older style of cruising, but she was definitely getting past it.

The only Royal class I've been on is Majestic. Not very impressed. For me she just didn't have the right vibe. I need to feel like I'm on an ocean cruise not in a hotel. The Majestic may be a very pleasant hotel, but as a cruise experience it seemed a bit lacking.

Looking forward to sailing on Coral when she comes out here next year.

• Like 1