Want to cruise in July 2021? Let your voice be heard.

HBCcruiser

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Thank you! I actually contacted the author of the story to find out if he can link me to the original data. It probably doesn’t matter to anyone but me, but my calculations are so far off this number I’d like to see the original data point for curiosity sake.  I do appreciate the direct link :).

On 3/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, HBCcruiser said:

No one is forcing anyone to cruise. It is a personal choice. One that some of us C19 vaccinated people would like to say YES PLEASE to.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:15 PM, hamrag said:

But, if the ships ain't sailing......

On 3/28/2021 at 12:47 AM, HBCcruiser said:

Ummm, they are. Americans (me included) are jumping on the RCI cruises sailing out of the Bahamas and Bermuda. No CDC influence there. 

21 hours ago, hamrag said:

Really, how can you jump on a cruise if the ships ain't currently sailing?

Many cruises worldwide are/were scheduled to sail in June.....😉

16 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Again, they ARE sailing. Americans are booking the RCI cruises that are going to sail out of Bermuda and Nassau starting THIS June. Adults must be fully vaccinated and children must have a negative C19 test to sail. The cruise lines have put strong safety protocols in place. Safer than our airlines, stores and restaurants. Many of us feel that cruising should be allowed out of US ports again. This post is for Americans who would like to let their congressmen know they WANT the CDC to reconsider the No Sail Order. I did not post this to start a debate about C19. 

For those interested in learning about the RCI cruises:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/?country=USA

1B66243C-0345-4794-9FC0-2D20179AA456.jpeg

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

Again, they are NOT sailing....FYI, this is March, June is 9 weeks or so away....when they MAY be sailing, as currently scheduled! 🙄 🙄

😵 😖

Once again you are doing what you often do, twisting a conversation to meet your own agenda! Context is everything, so I have shown above the full context of our conversation which was about cruising in or close to USA waters and the recent decision of some lines to bin USA ports and move a short distance to 'homeport' elsewhere thus avoiding USA waters. Perhaps you are forgetful, and this will help!

Now, I know extensive International travel means the world has gotten 'smaller', but for you to now pretend this discussion was about global cruising, and post a link of sailings many thousands of miles from USA ports is at best somewhat disingenuous or at worst just plain silly....all to try and win an argument, with a pathetic point!   

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, wdsted said:

Sorry, but I've never lived through a different pandemic, so I have no position on what doesn't exist.  If another pandemic rolls around, I and my family will respond the same way we did with this one:  in line with guidance from scientists.  And Covid-19 guidance from the scientists did not include shuttering oneself in their home and never leaving it.  Adhering to that guidance resulted in us and our immediate family luckily evading this virus.  As for who should stay home, it's pretty obvious that the persons who are too frightened to be jabbed by a needle should do so, not those persons who have been vaccinated.  So, you are the problem.  You believe that Covid-19 is something that impacts only you.  You say it's just a flu.  You say you're healthy enough to survive it.  Problem is people like you are the ones who keep this virus around and mutating and infecting others.  

Guidance from scientists? Do you know how many times the "scientists" have flip-flopped on their guidance? You do realize their guidance has done nothing to affect it? The data proves wearing masks, not wearing masks, social distancing, and no social distancing have no affect. If their science was even 50% accurate, why do they allow social distancing to be ignored? Schools, mass transit, planes, airports, all of it has no social distancing, but yet it is the only thing that will cause it to go away.

As for covid, I had it. I quarantined in my home with my family for 2 weeks. No masks, no isolation, and guess what? No one else in my family contracted it. I can't believe people blindly believe the narrative of "scientists" that are on the media or put in place with an agenda from the government. The science that you believe states I should have been in a hospital for at least 2 weeks, in the ICU on a ventilator, near death, racking up $100Ks in medical bills, killing 100s of people when in fact there were no symptoms except loss of smell and 0% spread. And for all the other people I know that had covid (100% of the people I know), it was the exact same experience. No transmission to family members, no masks or isolation, and no spread of infections. For something that has a 99% survival rate, it is ridiculous.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Guidance from scientists? Do you know how many times the "scientists" have flip-flopped on their guidance? You do realize their guidance has done nothing to affect it? The data proves wearing masks, not wearing masks, social distancing, and no social distancing have no affect. If their science was even 50% accurate, why do they allow social distancing to be ignored? Schools, mass transit, planes, airports, all of it has no social distancing, but yet it is the only thing that will cause it to go away.

As for covid, I had it. I quarantined in my home with my family for 2 weeks. No masks, no isolation, and guess what? No one else in my family contracted it. I can't believe people blindly believe the narrative of "scientists" that are on the media or put in place with an agenda from the government. The science that you believe states I should have been in a hospital for at least 2 weeks, in the ICU on a ventilator, near death, racking up $100Ks in medical bills, killing 100s of people when in fact there were no symptoms except loss of smell and 0% spread. And for all the other people I know that had covid (100% of the people I know), it was the exact same experience. No transmission to family members, no masks or isolation, and no spread of infections. For something that has a 99% survival rate, it is ridiculous.

I refer you and others to a similarly bombastic thread that you started under Ask a Cruise Question, and the responses it received:

DeSantis and FL looking to legally reopen cruising - Ask a Cruise Question - Cruise Critic Community

In short, much of what you state is untrue.

With regard to your "atypical" COVID experience, one cannot help but think, given your evident propensity to exaggerate for effect and minimize what doesn't fit your narrative, one has to wonder...  Certainly differs from what I experienced in my own circle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My 81 year old father never had it, even though his ladyfriend did. Both are fine.

My wife and I both had COVID in January and recovered. If we're going to start a discussion over whether COVID-19 is so horrible, count me in with what @BoozinCroozinsaid. The hype has been way overblown, in my opinion. I know more and more people all the time in my inner circle of friends who either had fullblown COVID or tested positive for the virus, and all are fine. Every single one of them.

Why people in our society persist in these "my data beats your data" arguments is beyond me. It's starting to resemble the moment in The Wizard of Oz where the curtain is pulled back and the deceit is revealed. I refuse to live in fear.

• Like 7

@BoozinCroozin, @HxFx, @boatseller, @bucfan2, @HBCcruiser, @Seany527, @BermudaBound2014, @skywonder, @CaptainHazelwood, @JamesIowa,

@Stealthdog, @Summerstravel, @kdmbluerzr, @footballbabe3,

@BoundForSea

Hi fellow CC members!

I'd like to invite you to take a look at our CC Rat Pack thread in the Floataway Lounge forum. Especially take a look at the initial post (by me) for the qualities that we are looking for to be in our CC Rat Pack.

Don't worry, no $$ involved; absolutely free. And although the original Rat Pack were all men (Frank, Dean & Sammy), our CC Rat Pack does not gender discriminate (ladies welcome!).

If you like our CC Rat Pack thread, please let me know if you may be interested in joining us. Thanks!

cc: @HuliHuli, @complawyer, @Sailing12Away, @DCGuy64, @pinkie60, @rkacruiser

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

@BoozinCroozin, @HxFx, @boatseller, @bucfan2, @HBCcruiser, @Seany527, @BermudaBound2014, @skywonder, @CaptainHazelwood, @JamesIowa,

@Stealthdog, @Summerstravel, @kdmbluerzr, @footballbabe3,

@BoundForSea

Hi fellow CC members!

I'd like to invite you to take a look at our CC Rat Pack thread in the Floataway Lounge forum. Especially take a look at the initial post (by me) for the qualities that we are looking for to be in our CC Rat Pack.

Don't worry, no $$ involved; absolutely free. And although the original Rat Pack were all men (Frank, Dean & Sammy), our CC Rat Pack does not gender discriminate (ladies welcome!).

If you like our CC Rat Pack thread, please let me know if you may be interested in joining us. Thanks!

cc: @HuliHuli, @complawyer, @Sailing12Away, @DCGuy64, @pinkie60, @rkacruiser

@Love my butler - sorry, I left you off by accident but you are also invited to take a look at our CC Rat Pack thread in the Floataway Lounge forum. If interested in joining, let me know.

14 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I refer you and others to a similarly bombastic thread that you started under Ask a Cruise Question, and the responses it received:

DeSantis and FL looking to legally reopen cruising - Ask a Cruise Question - Cruise Critic Community

In short, much of what you state is untrue.

With regard to your "atypical" COVID experience, one cannot help but think, given your evident propensity to exaggerate for effect and minimize what doesn't fit your narrative, one has to wonder...  Certainly differs from what I experienced in my own circle.

"atypical"? How is it atypical if 100% of the people I personally that have had covid had little to no symptoms at all. There are over 100 people between co-workers, family, and friends. "atypical" can only pertain to what you have been brainwashed into believing. It is impossible to have an open discussion with close minded people who have not a single ounce of common sense. For every 1 person you show me that has severe symptoms, I can show you 1000s that had nothing or very mild symptoms. That is a fact. If they put this on the media 24/7 for 6 straight months instead of the Doom and Gloom you have been watching, you would follow it like a lemming as well. For every 1 person that had severe reaction to covid, please state their pre-existing conditions that made it that much worse: smoker, obese, heart disease, diabetic, etc. All of them have at least 1 co-morbidity that made it worse. They don't brainwash that into you on the media as well. 

The playbook worked and has been proven. Even though it is some odd 50 years old, it worked. Feed the people information and eventually they believe it is true no matter how right or wrong it is.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

"atypical"? How is it atypical if 100% of the people I personally that have had covid had little to no symptoms at all. There are over 100 people between co-workers, family, and friends. "atypical" can only pertain to what you have been brainwashed into believing. It is impossible to have an open discussion with close minded people who have not a single ounce of common sense. For every 1 person you show me that has severe symptoms, I can show you 1000s that had nothing or very mild symptoms. That is a fact. If they put this on the media 24/7 for 6 straight months instead of the Doom and Gloom you have been watching, you would follow it like a lemming as well. For every 1 person that had severe reaction to covid, please state their pre-existing conditions that made it that much worse: smoker, obese, heart disease, diabetic, etc. All of them have at least 1 co-morbidity that made it worse. They don't brainwash that into you on the media as well. 

The playbook worked and has been proven. Even though it is some odd 50 years old, it worked. Feed the people information and eventually they believe it is true no matter how right or wrong it is.

If it didn't affect you personally, it can't be true.   We couldn't feel that way; even if we wanted too.  My wife's co-worker lost her husband to covid.  My stepson has had 4 cousins who died of covid.  One was a teacher here in Arizona.  She had no pre-existing condition and she and her brother both died of covid.  Makes it real.  No media hype here.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No one ever said it wasn't true. What I stated is that an extremely mass majority have no effects. The other fact is if it is as bad as you say, why is the CDC allowing schools to re-open and subject children do this deadly virus? If that does not raise an eye brow, I don't know what it will take to even convince you. Either the "experts" need to be consistent and strict in their message/directive or they have 0 credibility. You cannot be this God Almighty Expert and say covid is so dangerous you must wear a mask, no you need two masks, you must social distance...but wait, this isn't really true. You need to social distance, but not in a school, airplane, bus, DMV line, voting booth, any time after 10PM, and on and on it goes. If they were so confident in themselves, shutdown the airports and air lines and shutdown all schools. Please have them put their money where their mouth is...like that will really happen.

Lets do a test to see if you really and truly believe how bad it is:

• Is covid as bad as you have been led to believe? If yes continue.
  • Since covid is as bad as you believe, why are you not demanding schools, airports, and air lines being shutdown 100%?
  • If one child, teacher, or staff get covid, should the CDC be held financially responsible? They are the ones that have the power to shut schools down.
Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

If one child, teacher, or staff get covid, should the CDC be held financially responsible? They are the ones that have the power to shut schools down.

False.

You are completely off base, as I responded in your other thread. CDC has NO power to shut down schools. That is not even in the purview of the Federal government, let alone one agency of it. 

Here is what I posted in the other thread.

You said:  

If they are so certain of their convictions, they need to implement a No School Order. That's right, no in person school at any level. Let's see the CDC put their money where their mouth is.

I responded:

Please, what are you -- a 5-year-old on the playground? What you're doing is the equivalent of taunting someone behind bars to throw a punch at you. The CDC has NO authority to issue anything like a No School Order. Perhaps before you start deciding that a government agency is doing everything all wrong, you might want to get a better understanding of what their remit actually is. Here is a statement from a legal expert in the area that sums it up well:  "Most legal experts say the federal government—whether the president, the CDC, or some other agency—does not have the authority on its own to order school closures."   https://www.edweek.org/leadership/coronavirus-and-school-closures-what-are-the-legal-logistical-issues/2020/02 

• Like 5

I am tired of trying to discuss issues with people that are so brainwashed. The similar playbook was around about 90 years ago. Brainwash the people and watch what happens. Welcome to the brainwashing. I no longer will even respond to anyone about that uses anything that has come from DHHS, the CDC, media, or government on it. If you use any of that information, you are using what has brainwashed you, period.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hopefully the results of this new study (by the CDC) will help the CDC realize cruising with 100% of adults vaccinated will be safe. At least, one can only hope. 

Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 vaccines highly effective after first shot in real-world use, U.S. study shows.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2BL2UW

• Like 3

On 3/30/2021 at 5:33 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

It's about the power. Keeping it and gaining more. " Never let a crisis go to waste".

• Like 3

22 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Hopefully the results of this new study (by the CDC) will help the CDC realize cruising with 100% of adults vaccinated will be safe. At least, one can only hope. 

Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 vaccines highly effective after first shot in real-world use, U.S. study shows.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2BL2UW

Unfortunately, the CDC Director herself needs to realize this. Even with the highly effective vaccine(s) and the increasing administering (shots in arms) of them by the day, she's still scared and predicts "impending doom".

• Like 5

On 3/29/2021 at 3:05 PM, DCGuy64 said:

My 81 year old father never had it, even though his ladyfriend did. Both are fine.

My wife and I both had COVID in January and recovered. If we're going to start a discussion over whether COVID-19 is so horrible, count me in with what @BoozinCroozinsaid. The hype has been way overblown, in my opinion. I know more and more people all the time in my inner circle of friends who either had fullblown COVID or tested positive for the virus, and all are fine. Every single one of them.

Why people in our society persist in these "my data beats your data" arguments is beyond me. It's starting to resemble the moment in The Wizard of Oz where the curtain is pulled back and the deceit is revealed. I refuse to live in fear.

Your statement saddens me.  You got Covid and was ok.  Thats great.  You dont see the death and destruction from Covid?  For society to succeed we must all pull together and care about each other not just ourselves.  Why people want to politicize a virus is beyond me.  The government can do nothing and pretend it does not exist like they did when HIV was in the blood supply and so many innocent people were infected with AIDS and died.  The basic role of government is to keep us safe.  The police, the military, etc.   If the United States did nothing, the people who studied pandemics stated up to 2 million Americans would die.  That is ok with you?  With partial and temporary shutdowns, the United States is approaching 600k deaths.  We are approaching more Americans dying from Covid than in the Civil War.  Let that sink in for a minute.  The Civil war lasted 4 years and we are just over 1 year of Covid.  Anyone that discards that stench of death of their fellow Americans is so selfish.  Your argument is, I had Covid and was ok so why are people so fixated on it?  We cant discard our fellow citizens like this.  Like other pandemics, we will get through this.  But sadly the people who want to ban Covid passports and refuse mask mandates are prolonging this crisis.  Just imagine if a mask protected one's self from Covid.  We would have 99% compliance.  But when we ask someone to wear a mask to protect others, their fellow citizens, then its about freedom and screw everyone.  To use your Wizard of Oz  (man behind the curtain) analogy, it would be people who keep saying, NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPLE, go about your life. Ignore 540k deaths.  Its not happening.  Its all a conspiracy.  You think its ok but please respect your fellow neighbors and community who are not ok with this.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Again, I created this post for those who WANT to urge the Biden Administration to LIFT the Conditional Sailing  Order. NOT for those who’d like to see US cruises continually paused. If you DO want to sail out of the US, click the link below. If you don’t, just scroll on by. 

https://cruising.org/en/clia-action-center.

99A5AA6C-52BB-4F36-B1FD-81F37C057AF6.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Your statement saddens me.  You got Covid and was ok.  Thats great.  You dont see the death and destruction from Covid?  For society to succeed we must all pull together and care about each other not just ourselves.  Why people want to politicize a virus is beyond me....

Very well said, sadly it won't get through to some on here!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Again, I created this post for those who WANT to urge the Biden Administration to LIFT the Conditional Sailing  Order. NOT for those who’d like to see US cruises continually paused. If you DO want to sail out of the US, click the link below. If you don’t, just scroll on by....

Presumably you are aware that shouting is strictly discouraged by cc moderators, or may be you know full well but want the freedom to keep doing as you wish!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Presumably you are aware that shouting is strictly discouraged by cc moderators, or may be you know full well but want the freedom to keep doing as you wish!

I am not shouting - I am emphasizing. I use exclamation marks to denote shouting.  Hope that clarifies. 

• Like 1