Bon Voyage to LAFFNVEGAS, RetiredNow & shipshapegirl - July 24th, 2021 - first HAL cruise since covid 🥂 🚢

kazu

Bon Voyage and Safe Travels to all! I really wanted to be on this sailing but a scheduling conflict made that impossible. However, I will be right behind you all on the next sailing and will be following all of your reports closely! Starting to get really excited!

• Like 4

Thanks so much EVERYONE!!!   This is starting to get REAL. For so long it was  more of a dream of when we would cruise again. Many of you here on CC feel and understand that cruising is more than just a vacation. For many cruising is something you may do once or twice in your life but for others like many CCers it is much more than that. It is part of who you are, it is that feeling of coming home when you walk that gangway on to a ship. You have friends, family and co workers who joke that you are nuts lol.  But we all know that cruising is something special. This has been a bit painful being away from cruising for some.   For me it was that, but also a bit of numbness that something was missing but I just kept pushing forward.

While we mourned for the loss of life that covid brought to our world and pray the world gets back to normal. In the mean time we did what we needed to do in our lives, we made plans to cruise again to keep us sane. Many more cruises kept canceling but we just push through each day till we would cruise again.

Maybe I  am silly but everytime I think of walking up that gangway and how it will feel I start to cry and get emotional. I have a feeling that next Saturday will be very emotional but HAPPY for so many.

I am so looking forward to bringing to all of you all information, news and happy feelings as I report my Live from Nieuw Amsterdam.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@LAFFNVEGAS you said it well. We, too, feel like it's coming home when we cross the gangway. It's been almost two years since we last stepped off a dam ship. This is the longest we've been without cruising since 2001. Looks like we'll be waiting until next year to get on Koningsdam to cruise up the coast.

Bon voyage to you, Tom, and all your fellow shipmates!

Edited by jhannah
  • Like 4