anthem, who got kicked off

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm sorry, but my child is 22yo and has been out of the house since he graduated high school.  We have B2B cruises scheduled next year, and if he acts a fool and gets himself kicked off the ship in Mexico, he's on his own. 

He'll be 23yo at that point, and while I love him dearly, he's known the word "consequences" since he was 2yo.  You actions, your choices, have consequences.... if a 2yo can understand that, a 20-something can understand that.  

Got that right. Worked out we all Graduated early and out the House, my Father at 17, Mother at 18, me at 16 joining US Army, and 2 of my 3 Kids at 17 with the 3rd one at 18. Nothing wrong with staying after High School long as Kids are Working Full Time Job or Work/College. But If I'd done any that and at 22yrs old my Parents would have let me Walk home from Mexico. Not that my Parents were too hard on me but Respect!

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 8

Just now, ONECRUISER said:

Got that right. Worked out we all Graduated early and out the House, my Father at 17, Mother at 18, me at 16 joining US Army, and 2 of my 3 Kids at 17 with the 3rd one at 18. Nothing wrong with staying after High School long as Kids are Working Full Time Job or Work/College. But If I'd done any that and at 22yrs old my Parents would have let me Walk home from Mexico...

My kid was told at a young age that after high school, he could live at home if he was going to college full-time, but otherwise he was on his own.  He enlisted at 17yo in the Army and had to finish his senior year of high school, then shipped out a couple weeks after graduation. 

Our B2B next year is his first cruise since shipping out, and it's his celebration for getting out.  

• Like 4

On 3/6/2022 at 4:51 PM, bonsai3s said:

On Symphony last week...

We were told they had no banana liqueur...so they couldn't make the very popular drink...BBC, Banana Bailey's Colada. Alison, the bartender at the Trellis Bar saw us walking by and made us BBC's using real bananas...nice.

Symphony at Izumi for lunch today...

Ordered 2 signature drinks...Spicy Okinawa and She is Geisha........we were told they couldn't make it. They ran out of Sake...and today is only Day 2.

We were on Symphony 1/29-2/6 and I tried to get a BBC the whole cruise.  No bananas in the bar, I was told.  It wasn't a big deal.  I never thought to get a banana in the buffet and bring it with me.  I am not much of a drinker but I was able to score a few strawberry daiquiris.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, nelblu said:

Fine, but we do not know the actual circumstance.  We also assume that she had other financial resources at her disposal, whether her or the FL boyfriend, to get out of Nassau.

No matter how bad you don't abandon blood.

Exactly...we don't know the actual circumstances....which is why it's not a good idea to assume the mother was abandoning her adult child without any resources whatsoever.

Then again, I don't believe anyone is beholden to another adult under all circumstances and no matter what their behavior just because of genetics.  You can love your child but not enable them as adults if they're way out of line.  

Edited by xxHadleyxx
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, PIR8LUVR said:

I was on Harmony last week. Someone vandalized our luggage before we got to our room. We were told that individual was disembarked in St. Maarten.

Oh that's terrible.  I'm sorry.

I hope that individual also was made to cover the cost of repairing or replacing your luggage.  I'm glad they were caught.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shofer said:

We were on Symphony 1/29-2/6 and I tried to get a BBC the whole cruise.  No bananas in the bar, I was told.  It wasn't a big deal.  I never thought to get a banana in the buffet and bring it with me.  I am not much of a drinker but I was able to score a few strawberry daiquiris.

:classic_smile: We found bananas next door at Park Cafe. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nelblu said:

Fine, but we do not know the actual circumstance.  We also assume that she had other financial resources at her disposal, whether her or the FL boyfriend, to get out of Nassau.

No matter how bad you don't abandon blood.

I agree to a certain point. But parents that teach their children independence, responsibility and consequences have no need to “enable” them, but will always be there for them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I agree to a certain point. But parents that teach their children independence, responsibility and consequences have no need to “enable” them, but will always be there for them.

Especially if you eventually "need" them when you need assistance when you get older.  

8 hours ago, shofer said:

We were on Symphony 1/29-2/6 and I tried to get a BBC the whole cruise.  

It's Official:    this has become the most fun CC thread ever! 😄🤣

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

My kid was told at a young age that after high school, he could live at home if he was going to college full-time, but otherwise he was on his own.  He enlisted at 17yo in the Army and had to finish his senior year of high school, then shipped out a couple weeks after graduation. 

Our B2B next year is his first cruise since shipping out, and it's his celebration for getting out.  

Similar to me.  They did let me live with them a couple of times when it worked better, but I paid rent/board.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PIR8LUVR said:

I was on Harmony last week. Someone vandalized our luggage before we got to our room. We were told that individual was disembarked in St. Maarten.

Does it look they were trying to "break into it"? Or did they just damage it?  I think a lot of people forget there are cameras everywhere onboard.  

41 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Ok, I need to know what is a BBC because I need to try that when we board Odyssey next month 

British Broadcasting Company(?), our PBS version except that it is the dominant TV channel in the UK.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Ok, I need to know what is a BBC because I need to try that when we board Odyssey next month 

Banana Baileys Colada

• 1 1/2 oz. Bailey's Irish Creme
  • 1 1/2 oz. Creme of Coconut
  • 1 oz. Pineapple Juice
  • Half a banana (or banana liqueur)
  • Like 4

BBC Recipe (Bailey's Banana Colada)

1 1/2 oz. Bailey's Irish Creme

1 1/2 oz. Creme of Coconut

1 oz. Pineapple Juice

Half a banana (or banana liqueur)

Directions

Mix all ingredients together and blend well. Add crushed ice and blend until smooth.

bbc.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

BBC Recipe (Bailey's Banana Colada)

1 1/2 oz. Bailey's Irish Creme

1 1/2 oz. Creme of Coconut

1 oz. Pineapple Juice

Half a banana (or banana liqueur)

Directions

Mix all ingredients together and blend well. Add crushed ice and blend until smooth.

bbc.jpeg

8 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Banana Baileys Colada

• 1 oz. Pineapple Juice

Wow!! I’m trying that! Thanks!

On 3/6/2022 at 10:29 AM, nelblu said:

The worst experience that I saw was a chair hog and a challenger.  He was controlling some 8 loungers by the pool and located in one of the better spots.  He was able to convince Paxs that the loungers were not available for some like 2 hours.  Then a couple strode by and the wife places her towel on one of the loungers.  The guy goes crazy and his eyes are bulging.  The husband tried to get his wife to let it go, but she was so insisting.  I thought the guy was going to assault the woman, but security stepped in and calmed everyone down.

It's a shame security didn't make him release the saved chairs.

I had the same kind of incident in the theater on a Carnival ship once. Man and wife were trying to save a whole row of seats up front. I walked past him with my wife and we sat down in the middle. He had a conniption fit and said he was calling security. I asked him to please do so and then he sat down and huffed the whole show because his entire extended family couldn't sit in the same row.

They were great seats! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, flamingos said:

Banana Baileys Colada

• 1 oz. Pineapple Juice

There is no pineapple in a BBC.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2022 at 8:19 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

What I dont understand is how she ended up bunking with the guy that just went thru all the problems with his roommate that got thrown off in PC. Why would he allow her to bunk with him?  

Him - mid 40s

Her - mid 20s with alcohol problems

You think he would say no?!?!?!? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2