The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 13th, 2022

richwmn

36 minutes ago, NextOne said:

We were lucky. Very little damage on our side of town, but just a mile or two away, the winds did quite a lot - trees crashing through roofs, crushed cars, etc. But other parts of the state were even worse.

Thumper was fascinated with the weather report on tv...

weather.jpg

I'm glad you did not have any damage, but I'm sorry it was bwd in other parts of town and state.

36 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I was just notified a few minutes ago that Buddy has passed away.  My twin and her DH were able to be with their daughter Amy at her home.  I'm sure the two kids are there too but I have no more details.  It's not easy becoming a widow, but especially at age 47.  May he rest in peace.  Pray for strength for the family.🙏😢

Sandi, we're sorry for your loss.  Our condolences to your family, especially to Amy and their children.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I was just notified a few minutes ago that Buddy has passed away.  My twin and her DH were able to be with their daughter Amy at her home.  I'm sure the two kids are there too but I have no more details.  It's not easy becoming a widow, but especially at age 47.  May he rest in peace.  Pray for strength for the family.🙏😢

My condolences to you and your family, especially Amy and the children. The fact that it was expected does not make it less painful.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I was pretty much in a bubble of minimal damage last night but to the north of Baltimore near the Pennsylvania line got really trounced.  Will be almost a week before some get power back.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So sorry to hear this, condolences and prayers for the family. 

Mary

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Sandi

I am so sorry for your family‘s loss.  Prayers for Amy, the children and your entire family.  May Buddy Rest In Peace. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

To all of my good friends here - @cruzn single, @rafinmd@1ANGELCAT, @kochleffel, @Cruising-along, @JazzyV, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @Horizon chaser 1957, @durangoscots @srdancer , @Sea Viewer,  @aliaschief, and @cat shepard thank you for your kindness and comforting words.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Sandi, I am so sorry to hear of Buddy's passing and I hope he was comfortable and peaceful at the end.  Warm thoughts for the family as they will need it most.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@smitty34877 That beach looks a lot like Skaket beach, my favorite beach in the whole wide world, as when the tide goes out, it goes out forever, and then you can walk back while the tide comes back in.

@dfishHave a great cruise!  Enjoy every minute.

Beside the watch and computer problems, there is one more weird thing about me.  My dentist when I was young told me it could happen but highly unlikely.  Ha! When the weather is clear, and the temperature is just right, I pick up radio stations on my teeth.  When we lived in NJ I would pick up the Ranger hockey games, and a country station down south.  Since I moved south, I find while sitting in the living room, alone with my computer, alone in the house, I hear a radio station playing 70's music.  From where I know not.  I believe we all do have electricity in our bodies, and either not enough to do anything, or way too much to be quietly ignored.  But if we ignore it, then we dont have to explain the unexplainable.  So I guess I am more freak than Geek.

The space station is going to be going over in few minutes, must get out and wave to the astronauts!   LOL

Well not exactly a few minutes-just double checked

.Time: Wed Jul 13 9:51 PM, Visible: 7 min, Max Height: 78°, Appears: 10° above SW, Disappears: 10° above NE

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 21

I just wanted to express my deepest condolences to your family and especially to Amy and the children.  Such a loss, even when expected, is never easy.  May the memories of Buddy bring some comfort to those experiencing his loss.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1