The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday February 27th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

56 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yep, I'm up early every morning!  I hope you like the new table to place the TV on.  I purchased a couple things from Wayfair and they worked out well.  One was a black painted nightstand for a guest room because we had purchased a new headboard and mattress/box spring from a local store.  The nightstand turned out great and is quite stylish.  Then when we moved a king size bed into the "napping room" I ordered a headboard from them and it turned out nice.  I hope you like your new table and if not, I suppose returns are easy.  Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to let me know of your experience with Wayfair.  It makes me feel a little more confident that we made the right decision in ordering the TV table.  Usually i like to see what I am buying and try to stay away from stuff on the internet.  However, I really don’t have time right now to go shopping for a TV Table.

Terri

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thanks for taking the time to let me know of your experience with Wayfair.  It makes me feel a little more confident that we made the right decision in ordering the TV table.  Usually i like to see what I am buying and try to stay away from stuff on the internet.  However, I really don’t have time right now to go shopping for a TV Table.

Terri

My daughter ordered one from wayfair and is very happy with it and we bought a side table for the den, also happy. I know our side table had to be assembled anD I think so did dd’s tv table. But neither was difficult.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning, supposed to get some snow and ice tonight. I’m supposed to have a physical therapy appointment tomorrow morning, may have to cancel it, not worth getting in an accident.

Yesterday we went to Longwood gardens for members day, extra discount for dining and shop. The conservatory was full of orchids and Lillie’s. Had a lovely brunch at their fine dining restaurant. Stuffed French toast with a berry sauce. 
  Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

D1298858-A704-4D5D-8F2A-D3575EB54E35.jpeg

B5C29BF9-7916-4F4E-81D5-713012BC4BD4.jpeg

2684F373-6E06-4E2D-8F9C-4B4A78B48A16.jpeg

813DDAD7-59AB-45BF-AB08-3B481C5C985F.jpeg

4116E7F0-3901-4961-8EF3-FF8AC2D2F629.jpeg

Beautiful pictures.  It’s been a very long time since I was there.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, superoma said:

My daughter ordered one from wayfair and is very happy with it and we bought a side table for the den, also happy. I know our side table had to be assembled anD I think so did dd’s tv table. But neither was difficult.

Thanks, now I feel even better.  Tomorrow, will tell the tale.

Terri

• Like 11

Good Monday morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like polar bears, although I've only seen them in zoos. No brainer day is a no brainer! I salute retro day, living in a 100+ year old house. Nice quote. I'd like the meal, minus the bread. Maybe on the drink (sans chili powder) and no to the wine.

I've never been to Andalsnes.

We're due for rain starting around noon and high winds. So I'll be inside today I think. I managed to gather all my tax information yesterday, so now I need to scan it into the computer and upload to my accountant via a secure portal. Otherwise I'm still trying to declutter around here.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting the FR/Daily today. Milo is so cute and I hope Sadie won't be a bad influence on him, lol. Good to hear you slept better last night. Nice photos from Andalsnes, although sorry you were still feeling the effects from Covid when there. I hope DS and DDIL enjoy themselves, and the boys do fine on their own.

@grapau27 Thanks for the Art Deco buildings photos.

@kazu Great memes.

@Cruzin Terri Sorry no workers today, and I hope that you like the new tv table when it comes.

@Mr. Boston Thanks for checking in and enjoy the warm weather!

@cat shepard Sorry visitors upset Bindi.

@rafinmd How's the foot swelling?

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. That canopy walk you showed looks a little scary.

@marshhawk Nice that your friends Charles and Ann are joining you on the cruise. Great story about DH fixing your "commode"! 

@ger_77 What a pain with the email issue, and that you have to go in person about it.

@smitty34877 Sorry you are still having issues with getting steady help. Thank goodness for Tana's nurse friend.  And prayers for DH with his medical appointments.

@1ANGELCAT Longwood Gardens is a lovely place. Thanks for the photos.

@superoma How nice to have your DSIL here. Enjoy the dinner, kaffee und kuchen, and the family party!

@cruising sister Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy Las Vegas!

@aliaschief Great polar bears photo.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List (let me know if I left anyone off).

Stay well everyone.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

43 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Eva, sounds like a very special visit coming up with your DSIL from Germany.  I hope you all enjoy the family parties and get togethers.  Sorry to hear about the crossing the border issues.  

Have a good trip to Las Vegas!  Hope the new airport works out well.✈️

More great memes today, Bruce!  The last one reminds me that the concept of rotary dial phones is lost completely on the newer generations.  Funniest videos of them trying to figure out how to dial a number, all while the receiver is still on the hook.  Always good for a laugh!

Great shot of the polar bears!  Your fellow passenger must have one of those foot long lenses on his camera.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks for the additional photos Graham.  I've never been to Miami, except for flying in to the airport in 2004 and taking a transfer to a Fort Lauderdale cruise.  It's nice that you two took the time to stay and visit Miami before and after your latest cruise.

Thank you Sandi.

When I was young Miami beach was my dream holiday destination.

Our Hotel Hyatt Centric South beach was perfectly located.picture 6 and 7.

Graham.

IMG_20230206_113654.jpg

IMG_20230207_180648.jpg

IMG_20230207_115729.jpg

IMG_20230207_174826.jpg

IMG_20230207_174948.jpg

IMG_20230206_200704.jpg

IMG_20230206_135334.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Today is the 3rd day without snow, but that streak is about to end tomorrow. Dogs are enjoying longer walks and I am managing to get stuff to the trash and recycling bins. My neck is still a bit stiff, but much better. Hope I don't do that - whatever it was - again. Have not heard from my Sister the last couple of days so I assume everyone is improving as she usually calls me if things are not going well. However, the better weather here has had its downside as 2 backcountry skiers died in an avalanche outside of town near Vallecito. The snow pack here is deep and very unstable due to the ice and high winds. And more of both together with snow is expected starting tomorrow and going through the rest of the week with the heaviest on Wednesday. May have to postpone that Board meeting again.

Love polar bears from a distance. Have not been to today's destination and while the meal looks good, it is probably something I should not be eating. On the other hand.....? I could be tempted I think.

Not much on my agenda for the day. I should go by the store to pick up a few things ahead of the weather....but probably won't. I can make do. I do need to go to the pharmacy and give the dogs a couple more walks. And of course, the slow attempts at decluttering will continue. Or I may read a book.

Take care all.

Susan

• Like 22

Good morning all!

Wow, 3 full pages already!  But then I'm slightly later than usual.  I slept pretty well except poor DH was up coughing a lot of the night (Covid test negative) and so we were both awake a lot. Luckily for me I was always able to get back to sleep except for the time between 2 and 4... and he wasn't coughing then!  😄  I think I've convinced him to call the doctor today because her suggestions (after chest x-ray etc. were all fine) aren't helping.  If anything his cough seems worse.  It was diagnosed as post nasal drip, but this seems much worse to me (but what do I know)?

I like all bears, but have only seen polar bears in the zoo.  Also like most retro and I guess most of my days are no brainer days lol.  I would like the meal without the bun, especially the first recipe.  But tonight we'll be having the rest of the big chicken pot pie I made last night.  I would like the wine, I think, and the drink without the chili powder.  Have not been to this port in Norway, thanks for any and all photos!

Last night DD and family came and picked up the kittens to take them home.  Oh those boys were happy to see their kittens!  My heart about burst when each boy told me that their Nana is the best person to take care of their kitties when they're away.  🙂  I guess they got 15 inches of snow (there was none the day before) when they woke up yesterday morning at their place outside of Whistler.  I wondered if they would get out of there! But DSIL had the car cleared off and it probably only delayed them by an hour or so.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersthose puppies are both SO cute!  Speaking as someone who recently took care of 2 sibling kittens, having 2 makes it fun to watch them play together but it also can make double the trouble as each one follows the other into places they shouldn't. These 2 play tag team it seems. 😅

Terry @smitty34877I don't know which thread you had a post removed, but sometimes if you respond to a post that was removed, all posts responding to it are removed too.  It could just be something like that.  I can't imagine any other reason you would have a post removed. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning from a sunny 42°F North East England.

Thank you Sandi for posting today's fleet reports and Daily.

3 good days.

Polar bears need protection.

I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my mobile phone or Cruise Critic.

Retro items and buildings like these on Miami beach are much more interesting.

I will miss today's food and drink.

Prayers 🙏 our care list is shorter today and no new issues turn up.

Graham.

IMG_20230206_113504.jpg

IMG_20230206_112531.jpg

IMG_20230206_112528.jpg

Hello everyone and thank you for the Daily!  Thank you Graham (can't seem to get the blue bubble today)

for the trip down memory lane.....having lived in Florida during the 50's I immediately thought "that looks like Florida" upon seeing your pictures!

Prayers for those in need and shout outs to those celebrating!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Wow, 3 full pages already!  But then I'm slightly later than usual.  I slept pretty well except poor DH was up coughing a lot of the night (Covid test negative) and so we were both awake a lot. Luckily for me I was always able to get back to sleep except for the time between 2 and 4... and he wasn't coughing then!  😄  I think I've convinced him to call the doctor today because her suggestions (after chest x-ray etc. were all fine) aren't helping.  If anything his cough seems worse.  It was diagnosed as post nasal drip, but this seems much worse to me (but what do I know)?

I like all bears, but have only seen polar bears in the zoo.  Also like most retro and I guess most of my days are no brainer days lol.  I would like the meal without the bun, especially the first recipe.  But tonight we'll be having the rest of the big chicken pot pie I made last night.  I would like the wine, I think, and the drink without the chili powder.  Have not been to this port in Norway, thanks for any and all photos!

Last night DD and family came and picked up the kittens to take them home.  Oh those boys were happy to see their kittens!  My heart about burst when each boy told me that their Nana is the best person to take care of their kitties when they're away.  🙂  I guess they got 15 inches of snow (there was none the day before) when they woke up yesterday morning at their place outside of Whistler.  I wondered if they would get out of there! But DSIL had the car cleared off and it probably only delayed them by an hour or so.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersthose puppies are both SO cute!  Speaking as someone who recently took care of 2 sibling kittens, having 2 makes it fun to watch them play together but it also can make double the trouble as each one follows the other into places they shouldn't. These 2 play tag team it seems. 😅

Terry @smitty34877I don't know which thread you had a post removed, but sometimes if you respond to a post that was removed, all posts responding to it are removed too.  It could just be something like that.  I can't imagine any other reason you would have a post removed. 

Aha!I just had to put my two cents in.Thanks for the explanation 😒 

• Like 14

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday. After two nights of good sleep last night was rough. I was awake for quite awhile and couldn’t get comfortable. Finally decided to read a bit and that helped. Of course my reading was mostly here on CC. 

The days are good and the meal looks good too but I probably won’t make it. And the wine actually sounds good for a Chardonnay. 

It’s sunny today so Blue might be able to catch some sunshine on the stairs about 11:30. 
581480B3-36FC-41D1-BED6-D4813EB58970.thumb.jpeg.0990d3b56de256d5714c230c194df6a9.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 26

Have a great day everyone and prayers to those in need of them.

Early this morning I woke up with my step son to watch the launch but it was canceled at 2 minutes to lift off. We have another one later today so I have my alarm set.  Though we live pretty far south if we look north we can see the rockets after take off and see the separation as well. It is an amazing sight to see. I know the people who live by the space coast get a much better view and one day I'd love to see one up close.

I love to read and sitting on a promenade deck with a book in my lap is how I love to cruise.  I used to be able to read by the pool or on the aft deck but now with the playing of non stop loud music on almost every ship those relaxing days are over.  I really don't understand it since with the advent of our phones with our own music lists and headphones every one can listen to what they like vs the muzak that is now played everywhere. This is one of my pet peeves. It is one of the reasons we stopped sailing on Celebrity because w/o paying for a suite you cannot get away from the piped in loud music.

Off of  my soapbox now.   I see the back surgeon this Thursday. I am wondering if we will be able to do our port intensive cruise to Norway and Iceland this July with a very long flight to Amsterdam.  Just in case I booked a later trip to Alaska out of Seattle with the 25.00 sale. It is only a 7 day cruise and the flight is much shorter for us.    I will be very disappointed if we can't go to Europe but I have to be realistic.  

Loved all the pictures of Norway today.

Graham your pictures of South Beach are terrific.  Ironically just this morning on our local NPR station  there was an entire segment about the Art Deco hotels in Miami.    Here is the link to the segment.  Also for those of you coming to  FLL/Miami area there are some wonderful sponsored Art Deco walking tours by the preservation society.  

https://www.wlrn.org/arts-culture/2023-02-27/a-battle-over-the-soul-of-miami-beach-will-developers-destroy-or-save-art-deco

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Rough day today, my cat had not been feeling well for a few days, not eating, and hardly using the litter box.  Jerry had multiple organ failure, could have been put on medication but could not stand him suffering.  The vet and staff let me hold him when he was sedated and put to sleep,  He was a black and white, tuxedo and would have been 14 on March 9th.  I don't post much, but have gone through the sadness of many CC members loosing their beloved pets.  He will be on the Rainbow Bridge now.   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 22

Hoping @dfish arrived home safely ahead of the storm hitting Midland.

I'm two+ hours north of her. The storm has arrived here -- ice, snow, wind. This is our current ice-coated view (NOT!) out our Living Room now ⬇️:

IMG_20230227_132145111.thumb.jpg.33abbc60f1ba2b34422853e4df501c2e.jpg

And, this is our usual winter view ⬇️:

IMG_20220307_122212576_HDR.thumb.jpg.aa5a7204a3fca3390ec5f90b5e382c15.jpg

-Melisa 

Edited by HAL Sailer
typo
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Early this morning I woke up with my step son to watch the launch but it was canceled at 2 minutes to lift off. We have another one later today so I have my alarm set.  Though we live pretty far south if we look north we can see the rockets after take off and see the separation as well. It is an amazing sight to see. I know the people who live by the space coast get a much better view and one day I'd love to see one up close.

I love to read and sitting on a promenade deck with a book in my lap is how I love to cruise.  I used to be able to read by the pool or on the aft deck but now with the playing of non stop loud music on almost every ship those relaxing days are over.  I really don't understand it since with the advent of our phones with our own music lists and headphones every one can listen to what they like vs the muzak that is now played everywhere. This is one of my pet peeves. It is one of the reasons we stopped sailing on Celebrity because w/o paying for a suite you cannot get away from the piped in loud music.

Off of  my soapbox now.   I see the back surgeon this Thursday. I am wondering if we will be able to do our port intensive cruise to Norway and Iceland this July with a very long flight to Amsterdam.  Just in case I booked a later trip to Alaska out of Seattle with the 25.00 sale. It is only a 7 day cruise and the flight is much shorter for us.    I will be very disappointed if we can't go to Europe but I have to be realistic.  

Graham your pictures of South Beach are terrific.  Ironically just this morning on our local NPR station  there was an entire segment about the Art Deco hotels in Miami.    Here is the link to the segment.  Also for those of you coming to  FLL/Miami area there are some wonderful sponsored Art Deco walking tours by the preservation society.  

https://www.wlrn.org/arts-culture/2023-02-27/a-battle-over-the-soul-of-miami-beach-will-developers-destroy-or-save-art-deco

Thank you so much for posting this link.

It is an excellent news story and a very interesting read.

Sending you my best wishes for a successful appointment with your back surgeon on Thursday.

I hope you are able to visit Norway and Iceland in July.

Graham.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, cruising Katie said:

Rough day today, my cat had not been feeling well for a few days, not eating, and hardly using the litter box.  Jerry had multiple organ failure, could have been put on medication but could not stand him suffering.  The vet and staff let me hold him when he was sedated and put to sleep,  He was a black and white, tuxedo and would have been 14 on March 9th.  I don't post much, but have gone through the sadness of many CC members loosing their beloved pets.  He will be on the Rainbow Bridge now.   

I'm so sorry to hear your dear cat Jerry had been very poorly but you did the  right thing today to prevent him suffering any more.

Sending you my condolences for your sad loss.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I had my first experience with a post being removed yesterday and I cannot figure out why it was verboten. I try to be diplomatic and keep away from drama in real life and here but I guess I annoyed someone. Oh well.

Don’t worry about it.  If you happened to quote someone whose post was a problem then the reply is deleted too.

And some people take offence all too easily 🤷‍♀️ 

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I see the podiatrist tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, Roy.  Hopefully the 3 AM curse doesn’t hit you tomorrow morning 🤞 

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Now I have to go to their office across the city to speak to a person who - I hope - will get me through this mess.  Seriously, it shouldn't have to be that hard!

Your internet & email provider is for the birds.as far as I am concerned.  One of the reasons I ignore their offers.  Good luck with getting service at the office.

5 hours ago, superoma said:

My DSIL from Germany is currently visiting her sisters in Virginia and will fly up here on Wednesday for a few days. Having people in for dinner, some for coffee and cake, who have gotten to know her over the years. Sunday we will have a family party. She hasn’t seen some of my grandchildren in 10 or more years except in pictures. Should be a nice visit. The only part I dread is crossing the border- she is flying into and out of Detroit. I never enjoy the customs and immigration part of that crossing, either way!

I hear you on customs and immigration - not my favourite either 🤮 Sounds like you have some great days in store with you DSIL and family.  Hoping you enjoy it all 🤞 

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Maybe we will actually make some progress today.

Sorry there are no contractors today but if you are working at boxes, you are making progress 👍. I know it doesn’t feel like it but it will 🙂 

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

In 2017 while cruising around the Polar Ice Cap on the MS Prisendam we came across these two well sated Polar Bears who had been dining on a beached whale! Fellow cruiser took this picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.67cae8eaa790a573ecad298a73d6b823.jpeg

Fabulous shot!  What an experience that was 👍 

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you for the memes Jacqui!  DH and I have decided to join you on skipping wine on Feb. 29, 30, and 31st.  Also, I have to agree with your comments about DD's two puppies.   I hope it all works out fine, but if one 11 month old is a lot of work I can't imagine adding a 2 month old will be easier.  Just like when you go from one baby to two babies.  Seemed like lots more than twice the work (but of course lots more JOY).  Hoping it all works out as they planned.🤞

You never know, Sandi.  When my Mum had the unexpected twins and I quickly became a part time Mum the twins did keep each other occupied but…. If one decided to get into trouble believe me, they both were. 😜.   They will be fun but I do think a fair bit of work.  Hope I am wrong.

5 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning, supposed to get some snow and ice tonight. I’m supposed to have a physical therapy appointment tomorrow morning, may have to cancel it, not worth getting in an accident.

Yesterday we went to Longwood gardens for members day, extra discount for dining and shop. The conservatory was full of orchids and Lillie’s. Had a lovely brunch at their fine dining restaurant. Stuffed French toast with a berry sauce. 
  Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

D1298858-A704-4D5D-8F2A-D3575EB54E35.jpeg

B5C29BF9-7916-4F4E-81D5-713012BC4BD4.jpeg

2684F373-6E06-4E2D-8F9C-4B4A78B48A16.jpeg

813DDAD7-59AB-45BF-AB08-3B481C5C985F.jpeg

4116E7F0-3901-4961-8EF3-FF8AC2D2F629.jpeg

What a nice day you had at Longwood Gardens!  Gorgeous flowers and pics.  Thanks for sharing them.

1 hour ago, tupper10 said:

I see the back surgeon this Thursday. I am wondering if we will be able to do our port intensive cruise to Norway and Iceland this July with a very long flight to Amsterdam. 

Good luck with your appointment with the surgeon.  Hope you will be able to do your Norway cruise 🤞. You are smart to have a back up plan.  Plan for the worst and it won’t happen, I like to hope.

34 minutes ago, cruising Katie said:

I am so sorry you had to send Jerry over the Rainbow Bridge 😢. Kudos to you for putting his interests first.  He will be waiting for you.

6E8108FB-F131-48DB-BEEF-5DD21BAC29A0.thumb.jpeg.5093e24d77d866034a10165fb682d15c.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, tupper10 said:

I like your moniker @tupper10!  Because of my last name, a former graduate student friend of mine nicknamed me Tupper.  That was over 32 years ago and I am still called that to this day by friends from that time.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@rafinmd How's the foot swelling?

I think about the same but I'm a very poor judge of that.  I only have a clue when I take my socks off at night or put them on in the morning.  The only other time I notice is when I change to outdoor shoes or back to indoor crocs.  It felt about the same as usual today.

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, summer slope said:

Don Francisco Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
1 part Orange Juice
½ part Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
¾ part Honey Syrup
Salt and Chili Powder (for rim)
Garnish: Orange Wheel,
Edible Marigold

Instructions
Put equal parts salt and chili powder on a plate. Use an orange or lime wedge to wet the rim of the glass, and gently roll it into the salt/chili powder. Combine cocktail ingredients in an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Shake and strain into your rimmed rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with an orange wheel and edible marigold.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 7.06.33 AM.png

Dixie, please stay away from this golf course. Be sure to tell your family & friends, too! Perhaps not why you want to make the news…

31EDA9CB-72C4-48DD-A2EA-2B7128E842B7.jpeg.2f480dace4f08d77864d4ba1750f3459.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruising Katie said:

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your Jerry.  You did the right thing, hard as it is (from one of many who has had to do the same thing).  Sending hugs.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, cruising Katie said:

Sorry for your loss. Always is a sad day. 

• Like 15

Good afternoon, fellow Dailyites!  Thanks to all who make this the place to be.  We can all rejoice with each other, and share the tears with those whose cares are shared!  What a caring community.

One piece of good news!  I am watching a robin out my window.  Of course, I know that doesn't make spring, as we have snow in the forecast for later today and the next two days!  But I just had to share!  Actually, there are two robins in the open space between units!  I know so many areas are just like it is here - we want Spring to arrive and NOW.

The date has now been set for my oldest DSSon's second surgery.  If all stays the same his kidney will be removed April 12.  Of course, it is one of the days that I will be "unavailable" as I will be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on the Rotterdam TA.  I have done some soul searching, but I am not going to cancel this cruise.  Too long in the making and planning, and too close to sailing date!  I will just be there in thought and prayer, and leave the hospital, etc. to my DDIL and DSDaughter.  I hope I am making the right decision.

@smitty34877, I understand your reluctance to leave Tana alone.  I faced so many of those days, and unfortunately that is a disease that causes so many unexpected "curves in the road."  You and your family are doing a great job in caregiving.  My hats off to all the caregivers in whatever circumstances they are in.

Hope the rest of the day is great for all!

Mary Kay

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  There are some days it wouldn't surprise me to see a polar bear walking down the street.  Thankfully they don't live this far south, but you never know!  We love retro music, cars, etc.

What should have been a no brainer yesterday morning turned into a 45 minute exercise in futility.  I used the chat function on our internet/email provider's site to find out how to see all the emails in my inbox, not just a few recent ones.  Before we switched computers, we could see everything from the time the earth cooled, but now we get maybe a dozen and that's all.  Anyway, after giving this chat person all the information on our account about DH and myself, including shoe size (sarcasm), I wasn't allowed to pass the security section because I couldn't give them a) when we first activated our account, or b) the date of the last installation of equipment in our house.  Now I have to go to their office across the city to speak to a person who - I hope - will get me through this mess.  Seriously, it shouldn't have to be that hard!

By chance are those emails only the most recent and you using Outlook?

If so, I wonder if the installation created a new.PST file. If so, it’s pretty easy to add the older pst in.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 11