The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 21st, 2023

richwmn

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Summer Solstice; I hope everyone enjoys this first full day of summer.  Pretty sure skateboarding is off the list of things to do for the day, and although I'd like to try yoga, I'm not sure I could get up off the floor once I got down.  LOL   Happy National Indigenous Peoples Day to all who are of indigenous ancestry; I'll be wearing my orange shirt today and just might bring out my Metis sash for good measure.

Although the calendar says June 21st, the sky doesn't look like it, nor does the temperature confirm that it is.  Right now we've got overcast skies, a cold wind, and a temperature of only +8 (46) with a predicted high of 14(57) - definitely a jeans and long sleeve t-shirt kind of day.  I thought it must have cooled off, as I recall both DH and I battling for the blankets during the night. 

Because it's so cool out, I think it's time to start up the oven and after heading out to the grocery store to pick up more rhubarb, will try @SusieKIslandGirl's pie recipe.  DH has coffee with his bandmates this afternoon and I'll continue sewing, whittling down my fabric stash.

@kazu I do hope Ivan is on the mend; he's so lucky to have you as his mom taking care of him.

@aliaschief I look at your beautiful photos and harken back to the days when HAL used to have barbecues on the deck - I wish they'd bring them back.

@marshhawk I'm surprised at the cost of your corn on the cob; right now the Safeway store has them for 69 cents each.

@Denise T what is your podcast about?

@Heartgrove the anniversary of our loved one's passing is always a difficult day; my heart goes out to you.

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage; get onboard, sit back, relax, and recharge - you need it!

I'd like a glass of Christmas punch, but leave out the bourbon and vermouth - perhaps subbing in vodka instead.  I feel so well informed about the wine, but doubt I'll order it due to the cost.  I really like stuffed peppers, but we are carnivores and enjoy having ground beef in ours - I think on my grocery run today I'll pick up some peppers and keep the oven going to make stuffed peppers that will be served along with a tossed salad to be eaten at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those who are on the submersible (I can't imagine what they're going through).  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

I don't enjoy stuffed bell peppers, but the issue is the baked whole pepper itself, not the stuffing. I like peppers better when they are sautéed. Christmas Punch doesn't seem to fit with the summer solstice. As a substitute for the wine, I'll nominate Fulkerson Reserve Syrah. I haven't been to Ibiza, only to Palma de Mallorca.

My organization's annual meeting was last night. No children were harmed, but I came close to inflicting grievous bodily harm on several adults. Actually, the meeting was very successful even though most of the reports that were given made no sense whatsoever. The important thing was that we elected new officers and board members, and for the first time since before the pandemic, all seats were filled. It was my last annual meeting as executive director.

smartmicro.jpg.abc189aba0da1f6b8e34f8fd8f81c9b3.jpg

• Like 25
  • Haha 7

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  I am still having problems with the internet, so sort of snuck into the Daily backwards.  In fear of being booted out, again....just popping in   Chuck says he will do a computer clean up for me today.

im still in pain, but will try for a dr's appointment  if still in pain tomorrow.

Chuck's mom was rushed to the hospital yesterday afternoon.  His brother called to let him know that he thinks Momma had a stroke.  So please add Momma Norma to your prayers. The last call we got was at midnight, and she was being admitted, but she had been there since 5 p.m..  I'm sure that my BIL will call this morning with some news. 

its-Wednesday-humor-images.jpg

The dog that I walk has a growth on her eye lid.  They were hoping that drops would do something to resolve the growth, but now it looks like Hope has to have surgery.  Her vet treats animals like humans, so Hope had to have some tests done to see if she was surgery ready.  She has an enlarged heart, so they put her on meds for that, and today she is having an echo test.  So I'm on stand by for dog walking today.  

I had a good day for sales yesterday, and then I went to work for fundraising last night, in the first 20 minutes I got a donation and a pledge, and I was the only one who got money last night.  Yay!  The rest of those 3 hours was unproductive.

8685cc5af63866354d25ff2ef4ba0369.jpg

5f4c8de02220c205ecf7ad45a45f59e6.jpg

Have a wonderful day every one.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 28
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here! 

Thinking today of my older sister on what would have been her 77th birthday. I still have trouble, after losing my older brother and sister last year, that I am now the oldest sibling. A photo of her and her family from years ago.

KelleyandFamily.thumb.jpg.382806a86f06eebb718e3f5ec2846278.jpg

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Happy heavenly birthday to your sister Jack.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

In honor of Yoga Day.

346882138_902026740905769_2637197663667012767_n.thumb.jpg.9ff603f211144a7316757bb84a9f03e6.jpg

40 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Summer Solstice; I hope everyone enjoys this first full day of summer.  Pretty sure skateboarding is off the list of things to do for the day, and although I'd like to try yoga, I'm not sure I could get up off the floor once I got down.  LOL   Happy National Indigenous Peoples Day to all who are of indigenous ancestry; I'll be wearing my orange shirt today and just might bring out my Metis sash for good measure.

Although the calendar says June 21st, the sky doesn't look like it, nor does the temperature confirm that it is.  Right now we've got overcast skies, a cold wind, and a temperature of only +8 (46) with a predicted high of 14(57) - definitely a jeans and long sleeve t-shirt kind of day.  I thought it must have cooled off, as I recall both DH and I battling for the blankets during the night. 

Because it's so cool out, I think it's time to start up the oven and after heading out to the grocery store to pick up more rhubarb, will try @SusieKIslandGirl's pie recipe.  DH has coffee with his bandmates this afternoon and I'll continue sewing, whittling down my fabric stash.

@kazu I do hope Ivan is on the mend; he's so lucky to have you as his mom taking care of him.

@aliaschief I look at your beautiful photos and harken back to the days when HAL used to have barbecues on the deck - I wish they'd bring them back.

@marshhawk I'm surprised at the cost of your corn on the cob; right now the Safeway store has them for 69 cents each.

@Denise T what is your podcast about?

@Heartgrove the anniversary of our loved one's passing is always a difficult day; my heart goes out to you.

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage; get onboard, sit back, relax, and recharge - you need it!

I'd like a glass of Christmas punch, but leave out the bourbon and vermouth - perhaps subbing in vodka instead.  I feel so well informed about the wine, but doubt I'll order it due to the cost.  I really like stuffed peppers, but we are carnivores and enjoy having ground beef in ours - I think on my grocery run today I'll pick up some peppers and keep the oven going to make stuffed peppers that will be served along with a tossed salad to be eaten at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those who are on the submersible (I can't imagine what they're going through).  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, our local grocery store has bi-color corn on sale for 4 ears for $1.  Usually they are 33-50 cents an ear.

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  I am still having problems with the internet, so sort of snuck into the Daily backwards.  In fear of being booted out, again....just popping in   Chuck says he will do a computer clean up for me today.

im still in pain, but will try for a dr's appointment  if still in pain tomorrow.

Chuck's mom was rushed to the hospital yesterday afternoon.  His brother called to let him know that he thinks Momma had a stroke.  So please add Momma Norma to your prayers. The last call we got was at midnight, and she was being admitted, but she had been there since 5 p.m..  I'm sure that my BIL will call this morning with some news. 

The dog that I walk has a growth on her eye lid.  They were hoping that drops would do something to resolve the growth, but now it looks like Hope has to have surgery.  Her vet treats animals like humans, so Hope had to have some tests done to see if she was surgery ready.  She has an enlarged heart, so they put her on meds for that, and today she is having an echo test.  So I'm on stand by for dog walking today.  

I had a good day for sales yesterday, and then I went to work for fundraising last night, in the first 20 minutes I got a donation and a pledge, and I was the only one who got money last night.  Yay!  The rest of those 3 hours was unproductive.

Annie, don't wait too long to see the doctor.  Congratulations on the donation and the pledge plus a good sale day yesterday.  I hope the dog can be cleared for surgery.  Sending positive thoughts that Momma Norma is doing okay and will have a full recovery.

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@cruising Katie  (second attempt) I'm sorry that the shelter was not forthcoming regarding Blossoms health.  And I am glad you are not returning her.  I'm adopted, had a heart murmur, so glad no one returned me.  Our latest adoptee has feline AIDS, he has had a couple of episodes of passing out, and he does tire easily, but he terrorizes the other older cats, keeps them on their toes...gives them some exercise.

When the vet first examined him and told us he had aids, DH wanted to have him put down, and she luckily talked us out of that.  He was a stray that showed up, he had been shot with buck shot (which they would not take out)  and he is the most loving and smart cat.  

Love conquers all.  Well maybe not, but love helps make the rest of our lives much better.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good sunny for now morning. It’s supposed to rain starting tonight and keep raining for the next several days.

I have a therapy appointment at 1:00 this afternoon. Hopefully, the brace he ordered will work out. I have 2 appointments next week and 2 more the following week.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 26

Good morning, all! Happy Summer Soltice and National Indigenous People’s Day. I will we’re an orange shirt today. It will need to be a warm one - it’s still chilly and wet here. Given the forecast for a hot, dry summer with exceptional forest fires, I’ll enjoy the cool,wet weather while it lasts.

Yesterday we had friends over for a card game afternoon and then went out for dinner. It was fun.

Yesterday I did a full post, with pictures, which vanished when it was posted, so I’ll end here! Happy Wednesday, everyone, and cheers to our favorite BHB’s wherever they may be!

05A9E0F9-4A25-41C1-88B8-D65CC85BACAE.thumb.jpeg.83764ec773d040423e4ef0c95b613b05.jpeg

• Like 27

Good morning all!

Very busy on the thread today and a pretty busy week so far!

Some good things, some more serious and so extra prayers for those with struggles, from me.

The photos and memes are really good today; beautiful flowers!

It is finally Summer though I think we have been having it for a whole month already. We have another air quality alert today because of the Ozone, not the smoke...it is always something. They are recommending no one spend any time outside; it will go through Thursday at 9pm. The temps are high this week too, in the 90's all week, too consistently hot for me. Very dry too.

I don't think I have ever been on a skateboard and can't see that happening now. I have never done Yoga but might be willing to try, it is supposed to be good for flexibility which I can see losing as I get older. Oh the joys!

I sent my Passport in for renewal this morning, expedited of course. I need it for the AUS/NZ GV in Jan 2024. It has to be good for 6 months past trip date and mine was not. My TA suggested I send it in in June to make sure I get it back in time. I felt a bit uncomfortable just sending it off in the mail; I always get like that when I have to give my Passport to someone else i.e. on a ship. I have had to renew it before but this process seems more tenuous now. Hope not! 

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage, safe and relaxing travels!!

Prayers for all and cheers to those celebrating.

Stay safe and cool all and take care!

Have a good day...

Caron 😊

• Like 28

Good morning. @marshhawkSending best wishes to Momma Norma. Now take care of yourself.

Clear here today.... high will be in the mid-80's.... temp when the dogs and I went for our morning walk was 47 which I find comfortable. I will close up the condo shortly and hopefully it will stay cool inside.

I have never been on a skate board and I am certainly am not going to try now. I like my stuffed peppers with meat and will probably have those for supper tomorrow. Have not been to today's destination but would like to go. Let's face it.... I am ready to go anywhere.

I spent most of yesterday working on my file cabinet and got one drawer completely cleared out and most of the stuff in either tossed or shredded. Will continue on today. I need to focus on one thing at a time. My mind seems to be skipping about like a grasshopper these days. Focus, I need focus.

Take care all.

Susan

• Like 26

Good Morning.

Happy first day of summer.Summer Soltice! Also Canadian Indigenous People's Day. No skateboarding or yoga here. Good quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and maybe on the wine ($$$). The Constitution is the foundation of our democracy.

I haven't been to Ibiza.

It's another nice day today, mostly sunny, but a little more humid. It's injection day for me, and I can feel the Benadryl for pre-medication kicking in. I may get in the recliner in a bit. Hopefully not having to skip any more shots for a while will allow it to kick in, and help the pain in my hand joints. Otherwise no big plans today. 

@aliaschief Thanks for sharing your cruise photos.

@StLouisCruisers Congrats to Ren and his team on yesterday's win. 

@kazu I hope Ivan is back to his normal self very soon. Beautiful flowers.

@cat shepard Thanks for the extensive wine information.

@Heartgrove Hugs on this heavenly birthday of your DS. Very nice picture of her with her family.

@marshhawk Sorry you're still in pain; please see your doctor is it persists. Prayers for Chuck's DM and I'll add her to the Cares List. Congrats on the sales and fundraising positives.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those with something to Celebrate.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@kazu thank you for the beautiful flower photos.  Your peonies haven't bloomed yet.  Many to look forward to. 

You’re right.  Things are behind.  Peonies haven’t bloomed yet nor some other things and one that did had the flowers smashed by the rain.  Oh well.

4 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thinking today of my older sister on what would have been her 77th birthday. I still have trouble, after losing my older brother and sister last year, that I am now the oldest sibling. A photo of her and her family from years ago.

Nice picture - glad you have the memory.  Happy heavenly birthday to your sister.  

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I’m glad to hear you will see the doctor - please don’t put it off too long.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I am so sorry to hear this 😔 Prayer for Momma Norma 🙏🏻 

I hope they can operate on Hope 🙏🏻 and glad to hear you had a bright spot in your day with good sales yesterday 🙂.  

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

What a beautiful city for our walking tour. Quimper, France. Fromage crepe was huge.

So glad you got to Quimper.  Gorgeous spot. Great pics too.  Thanks 🙂 

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I have a therapy appointment at 1:00 this afternoon. Hopefully, the brace he ordered will work out. I have 2 appointments next week and 2 more the following week.

I hope that the new brace works well for you 🙏🏻 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Happy Summer Solstice to all in the northern hemisphere, and Winter Solstice to our friends in the Southern. Speaking of our friends in the South, @erewhon very glad to hear your scan was clear!  And that you are getting checked every 6 months for an early catch of anything that might need attention. 👍

It’s blessedly cloudy and drizzly here today!  I love these days!  I find them to be refreshing and refueling. Heat is not my cup of tea which is why we lived in the mountains so long.  We’re in a very dry year in Maryland, 4th driest in 150 years - I fear I brought the drought with us from New Mexico 😳. Hoping Maryland can have more moist days this summer- better for the trees, the land, the crops, the lakes, the fish and for me!  

@marshhawk prayers for momma Norma and all her care team and loved ones. Good job on the work-front!👏. Concerned about you though….  pain is a sign that something isn’t right. There are basically 4 causes of pain, the 4 “I”s: Infection, Inflammation, Ischemia (lack of oxygen/blood flow) and something IN the way such as a blockage. If you don’t know how to alleviate it, you might need to see someone. Hoping it’ll be resolved soon. 

@Heartgrove thanks for sharing the lovely photo of your sister and family. May good memories bring some comfort to your loss. 

@kochleffel 🎉Congratulations on your final annual meeting as executive director, and your excellent restraint at the meeting!  

Blessings for all in need of healing, comfort or hope. Cheers to those celebrating!  Life is Good!  Smooth travels to all away!  Enjoy every day. 🎉

Maureen

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon everyone and happy Summer!  My skateboarding days have passed although I do yoga from time to time.  The quote is so true although it just gets better for all you Dailyites.  Passing on the meal and drink suggestions.   How about a nice sangria for the first day of Summer?  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Happy ______ to those of you celebrating today!

• Like 22

@marshhawk,Annie, Sorry to hear you are in pain and hope you can get an appointment  soon.Very sorry about Chuck's mom and send along prayers for her.

@dfish,Debbie, The house looks just great,thanks for the pictures.

@erewhon,Glad to hear the scan was a good one!

@cat shepard and @StLouisCruisers, thank you for your prayers and kind words. We are having "a moment" today as DD says often  and things are tense within the household but this will pass eventually.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all!

It may be finally summer, but we joke here in the PNW that our summer never really starts until July 5 😉  Today will be better though, actually predicted to be 65 (compared to the 50's lately) and sunny!

I've never been skateboarding, but our son had one when he was in his teens.  I won't be doing yoga today, unless you count the squats, bends and reaches I'll be doing gardening lol.  I did do yoga when I was younger, and probably should start it up again (if the body could take it!)

We love stuffed peppers here, but ours would have ground beef.  I have some peppers and plan to make them soon but not today.  Will pass on the drink and wine today, have never been to the port.  

We had a nice time last night at DD's house, she made some awesome tacos for us and it was nice "catching up".  I was able to sit down and talk with the DGSs about a "project I need their help with".  This winter they will gather gently-used t-shirts and shorts they have outgrown  and school supplies that DH and I will bring when we visit Fanning Island on the Grand Australia.  The boys seemed quite intrigued to be helping with this and asked a few questions.  I printed off some photos of Fanning Island and the children that I showed them.  

@erewhon Wonderful news about your good report from the specialist!

Jack @Heartgrove Happy heavenly birthday to your dear sister.   It seems June is the month for several here with heavenly sibling birthdays.

Jacqui @kazu I hope Ivan continues to feel better, today gets better and better,  and the set-back this morning was only from the meds.  

Annie @marshhawk Prayers for Momma Norma.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Sending prayers for Chuck's mam Norma.

I hope the stroke is minor and she recovers quickly.

• Like 15