The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday February 2nd, 2024

kazu

@ger_77Your doctors office must have had the same customer service training as our vets.

@Lady Hudsonsorry to read about the leak and replacement.

now back to the Greek portion of our cruise-Santorini

Our goal was to get good coffee, keep DH safe, (so limited stairs and winding roads) So we stayed in the port.  And this was the day, that I knew I had gotten some weird disease, I was a little dizzy all day, very dehydrated-so just a few pics

The winding path up to the top of the island-it's the donkey path, and the people walking path,  a lot of people fell on donkey poo.

IMG_0743.thumb.JPG.8ed88dedcb98a779daea952c8de50a18.JPG

across from the port on sea level

IMG_0746.thumb.JPG.2de59fcbe8d42150e11f30c0033c2c68.JPG

Where do these doors lead to?

IMG_0748.thumb.JPG.2d25ea1c788e1c68966008b7a7ba2f11.JPG

DH deciding to order some baklava for dessert-

IMG_0751.thumb.JPG.4962898eba24e9b48b4f8ca45d661f26.JPG

being told that they were out-

IMG_0752.thumb.JPG.c4d0276b17fab2c8543067c78bea0b7a.JPG

him seeing the last piece being served to a table by the water-

IMG_0753.thumb.JPG.547b3a2e12ff10a0fd331d0506b23ba4.JPG

and me, sitting and enjoying where I was with an iced coffee-my last time off the ship until we got to Portugal

IMG_0754.thumb.JPG.b68a92f09e216be8b335685b51ea6334.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12

6 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@ger_77Your doctors office must have had the same customer service training as our vets.

Our goal was to get good coffee, keep DH safe, (so limited stairs and winding roads) So we stayed in the port.  And this was the day, that I knew I had gotten some weird disease, I was a little dizzy all day, very dehydrated-so just a few pics

The winding path up to the top of the island-it's the donkey path, and the people walking path,  a lot of people fell on donkey poo.

and me, sitting and enjoying where I was with an iced coffee-my last time off the ship until we got to Portugal

Nice photos.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Gerry, Sorry to hear about the continuing problems getting help for your DH.  Hopefully the office visit to your physician will help.  Our thoughts and prayers are still with you both.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Ann, Eva, and Paul for the TGIF report.  Four interesting days although I don't plan to celebrate any of them.

I have not been to Paamiut although I have been to a few ports in Greenland.  Three interesting days.  I'll celebrate the founding of Nieuw Amsterdam.

My memory is a bit hit or miss.

The meal looks interesting.  My alternative is Chilled Cherry Sour Soup, Classic Caesar Salad, and Broiled New York Striploin as served on MS Maasdam Groundhog Day of 2015.

A chilly start to the day.  It will get warmer but I've had my walk and visit to Wegmans so I think I'm inside the rest of the day.

Roy

• Like 27

Good morning from a rocking and rolling Koningsdam.  Sue ventured out for coffee and reported conditions are much better.  I’m feeling better after a good night’s sleep.  I tried a corner of a roll that we got last night and it is doing ok.  So, I’m going to be adventurous and try breakfast.

Thanks for all the well wishes and suggestions.  I’m still taking the Bonine.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Groundhog Day everyone - I hope your local rodent forecasts a nice, early spring.  I had to look up Bonza Bottler day - and yes, every month should have at least 1 party, don't you think?  Bubblegum, hmm, I haven't had that in ages.

Yesterday was frustrating, trying to get through to the cardiologist.  I left a detailed message and a couple of hours later the receptionist called back asking why I'd called.  I reiterated what the issues were and her response:  "Well, what do you want me to do?"  Seriously?!?!?!  I asked to speak with the cardiologist who was again not in, and would not be in tomorrow, so I asked to get in to see him next week only to be told he was totally booked up with appointments.  Argh.  I became quite a *B* word saying something to the effect that "Then I might just as well make an appointment with the undertaker, as he's slowly dying in front of me."  and I hung up.  

I proceeded to call our family physician and was told they'd had a cancellation for late in the afternoon, so we went to see him.  He examined DH, listened to his heart and lungs, did his pulse ox and sent him off for another chest x-ray as he didn't like the sound of his lungs.  He also prescribed a stronger diuretic to help relieve the swelling in DH's legs.  I asked at the time if it was possible he had  pulmonary edema or congestive heart failure, as I'd witnessed those same symptoms in my Dad years ago.  He indicated it was a distinct possibility, so he wanted an x ray to check things out.  We're expecting a call from him some time today, but he said if he gets worse, to get him to emergency at the hospital, rather than waiting for any appointments.  Noted.  Sorry for my ranting, but our medical system is becoming increasingly more frustrating with the delays, and incompetent individuals.

@bennybeara little delayed, but I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend; it's always hard to lose someone who has been in our lives so long.

@AroundWithMAPTravelsto answer your query yesterday, yes, I do have a glass of wine with dinner every evening . . . purely for health reasons.  Sure.

@marshhawkI'm sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly; I hope the oxygen will help in that respect.  And thank you for being such a kind soul to help Bubbles cross the Rainbow Bridge; you have such a good heart.

@Pushka welcome to the Daily, one of the most caring and supportive places on the boards.

I do hope our Daily friends on their way to Hawaii are feeling better after all the rocking and rolling last night - if I were there, I'd have been popping Bonine like they were PEZ candies!  LOL

Nothing really on the agenda today, just hanging around, so I think I'll start another blanket using up some of the scraps of yarn I've got (there are tons!).  DH is still engrossed in his book and between naps and meals, that keeps him busy.  I'd pass on the drink of the day (bourbon), would really like the Prosecco, and I do make a good slow cooker stew, but like @superoma, cut the ingredients into smaller pieces.  Of course it's Friday night, pizza night here, so this afternoon we'll see what appeals to us and will place an order for delivery to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Groundhog.thumb.jpg.f7ee62786fdea48876faf45586707653.jpg

Prayers offered for everyone who is in need, in poor health, in pain, and in grief.  Cheers to all with celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, good for you getting your DH seen yesterday.  I don't know why medical help has to be so difficult to get anymore!  Good luck with those X-ray results.

1 hour ago, tjcox9 said:

Just want to add a couple more pix from Paaimut, also from the Seabourn Quest, but in 2022. We also enjoy the small, less visited ports.

The first is of some carvings in a stone embankment.PaamiutGreenland(11).thumb.jpg.20084097f9900dd101d68fa14718b417.jpg

And the second is just reflections along the walkway into the village.PaamiutGreenland(32).thumb.jpg.2c742b85faa02a700c6831ec7d471572.jpg

Nice photos!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. I will pass on the days but do love a good beef stew. I looked up when the city I was born in was incorporated and found it was around the same time as New York City. Thanks to Sandi for her pictures of the port.

@ger_77, Thank goodness you could get into your doctor yesterday but the situation sounds very hard to deal with. I hope the medication change helps with the symptoms. It is so difficult to deal with the so called health care system in either of our countries.

@marshhawk, Annie, I hope you are able to seek medical help for yourself. We have taken the strays around here to the vet when the time was right also. I don’t understand why your original vet won’t take care of strays.

We all have various stages of this nasty cold going on now. DD and DSIL are feeling better since they got it first. I am worried about Tana  but try not to show it. 
I remember our Hawaii cruise had two days of bumpy rides. I was grateful for bonine. It got much better by the fourth day at sea. It was so nice to see the picture of the Dailyites all together!

Have a good day everyone 

Hoping all in your household feel like their old selves soon.  I would be worried about Tana too but nice you're trying not to let her know it.  Easier said than done!

51 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites from a foggy 61 degree morning warming to mid 60's. Expecting rain later. The cardinals are eagerly eating their seeds and singing away.

Hoping all the folks in San Diego are safe after the rain and flooding. Prayers lifted for so many. Sandi I'm sorry to hear your friend is down and Gerry I'm so thankful you were able to get into your primary. Don't hesitate calling the ambulance! Jacqui, looks like our comments were wiped out last night, but @marshhawk we are hoping Bubble's finds peace today.

Yesterday, Allen's appointment went well. "See you in a year" Last night was fun at game night,  although I did not win. My girlfriend makes a creamy mushroom, onion, and tiny potatoes dish that I could eat every day. We also ordered pizza, fried mushrooms, fried shrimp and burger's! Another friend brought ginger cookies. I'm still full.

Yesterday I was able to get everything out of the 3rd bedroom and boxed up. This was stuff from a friend who wanted to have a sale here last June. Last night after our game, we packed her SUV full and was able to jiggle the last box in it. Done! A friend will come by later and help me put together the heavy storage rack for the garage. Things are moving along!

Remember Bazooka Joe bubble gum with the silly comic wrapped around it? I saved those comics for years.

image.png.f3452ec452ab9bc8b20aa2e981549bda.png

Wishing you a blessed day, a healthy and happy weekend. Be kind!

I didn't comment last night either but agree with both you and Jacqui.  Humane treatment is best.  End of discussion.  Nice you've been so productive getting organized and donating excess.  We could all take notes from you on that topic!  And thank you for your prayers my dear.

43 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites.  DH and I had an argument last night about the oxygen.  I told him to let me use the smaller equipment that was sent to  me, not him, and yes I used it last night.  He kept saying it's your COPD!  I'm thinking that COPD does not cause a clogged up/runny  nose, a sore throat, a headache, and general malaise.  But, I could be wrong. Today we both have off, it's walk the dog, take Bubbles to St. Francis, and then go visit the Science museum (we are members) .  I asked for a membership for my birthday last year, and we haven't been since.  But I feel so crappy, I would rather stay home and sleep. 

Have you ever wished for a day., when someone else got up and made the coffee.  Fed the cats. Let you sleep? I don't think that I have had a day like that for more than 8 years.  So when I got an email from Firefly yesterday about the accommodations- I really smiled.

from Firefly-

Your Cottage:
Each cottage is appointed with many of the items you would expect in a hotel, and some you might not. Kitchens and kitchenettes are outfitted with dishes and cutlery, cookware in the larger cottages, and glassware. We provide bottled water for our guests and ice upon request. We also have many items that might make your stay better: hair dryer, iron and ironing board, ice chest; we can provide for the asking. We provide the coffee and equipment for you to make an excellent pot of coffee each day, delivering coffee each day. Your cottage will be stocked with bottled water, ice, cream, accessories for coffee (sweeteners) and assorted teas.

Now does that mean I get fresh ground coffee for me to make, or are they actually delivering coffee each day..

I can't figure out what they mean about the coffee either.  Good thing I don't drink it!  DH has gotten into coffee the last 5 to 10 years.  Tell Chuck no arguments please, I'm in need of my oxygen.  We want you healthy!

23 minutes ago, Mopree said:

I hope you feel better soon and contine with your "Rome to Home" pictures and stories. I was enjoying your unique perspective. 

Welcome to the Daily!!

22 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I'm happy to see your Santorini pics today.  Sorry about the baklava Chuck!

We went grocery shopping and DH is having his coffee break.  Like I said we should get outside for pruning but I have to get back to my stitching.  Working on Joseph and Mary now.  Oh yes, I found out yesterday one of our new neighbors up the street is the the couple who bought the golf course a couple years back.  He used to be a golf pro or something, but when the corporation who owned the course sold it, he stepped up to purchase it.  I don't know where they lived the past few years because we don't golf or spend any time at the golf club restaurant anymore, but now they live up at the top of my street.  He can literally walk out his door and walk to his office at the the golf club in 5 minutes.  

We figured out that 6 houses at the top end of our street near the cul-de-sac circle sold in November and December.  The owners of the house the golf club owner bought,  bought a house across the street with a golf course view and moved in.  Some of these sales were not even on the MLS, they were private sales.  Watching all the contractors working up there has been a never ending parade!  And the moving trucks!  Geez!  It will be great when things calm down at that end of the block.  The golf club owner should have bought the one with the view of his course instead of the one he bought.  No view on his side of the street.

Back to the stocking now!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

It’s just wake up time here in Moorea, French Polynesia. Our tour yesterday just overwhelmed us with the beauty of this island. I had an accident yesterday that will keep me out  the water for awhile. I was on my verandha and didn’t open the sliding door completely and I brushed the door jam upon rentering and literally ripped a large portion of skin off my left arm. Finally I had to go to Medical Clinic and get a proper dressing and bandage for it.

It was another evening of dining around the pool. BBQ lamb chops, chicken and hundreds of side choices. We then had a Polynesian band and dancers entertain us.

Today we are taking a drive tour around the island. Tomorrow Tahiti and I believe another overnight.

This island has to be one of God’s masterpieces. So beautiful and will share some photos. Thanks for the report and postings. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.29483215ae101de772625ea74e1085fe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.698882ebee16227482b26e575b581660.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.46ebb96acfa7eb2722a314a6b3d5fc3e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1f621a2247492225d43fb0fe1f311dd6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.825a925f5792f7eceb45355a71b08185.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8b6307d221d348f84deaa9b82b81bb3e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5ffdd29e501c80095d696018264aa9cf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb0279b3727d0da422f2aebeebc8d3b1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ce07dbcda395142a4d10692222f26a70.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8507564032d963b9930608c4ccc239a3.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 10

Good drizzly morning. Sunny tomorrow.

I’m thinking of a former coworker today on Groundhog Day. It was always a big celebration for her, She had stuffed animals in all sizes and made cookies with a groundhog shaped cutter and finally achieved her dream of seeing Phil in person. I believe it was her dad’s birthday so it was always a special day for them.

I am still troubled by the cruel comments regarding helping our fur family and am happy the offending posts ere removed. .

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Dpecial prayers and hugs to @ger_77

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu and @richwmn.

Happy Groundhog Day - supposedly an early Spring!

I have read Ayn Rand books The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. I had to look up Bonza Bottler Day. I chewed bubblegum growing up, but not in many years. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Paamiut. 3 important days in history.

Clouds are back today, after a glimpse of sun yesterday, with a high of 44F. All is about the same with me. I have a PT appointment early afternoon, then I'll come home and continue packing stuff from the mantles.

@kazu I hope your weather improves soon. 

@StLouisCruisers Sorry to hear of Scott's TIA. Thanks for the photos of today's port. I'd like to get to Greenland one day.

@ottahand7 Thanks for the sunrise and food photos.

@Nickelpenny I hope the second injection is helpful.

@Lady Hudson Been there, done that. No fun!

@ger_77 Awful how the receptionist responded at the Cardiologist's office. I'm glad you were able to get DH into the PCP's office and he upped the diuretic. 

@tjcox9 Thanks for the photos.

@smitty34877 Prayers for recovery of all in the house who are sick, especially Tana.

@kochleffel Thanks for the information. I hope your wound is doing ok.

@Seasick Sailor Bazooka Joe is what I used to chew growing up.

@marshhawk Sorry you still don't feel well. It sounds like a viral thing rather than your COPD. I would try to rest at home, other than necessary errands. I'm sorry about Bubbles. Nice Santorini photos.

@RMLincoln I'm glad you both are settling in. Your body must need the rest.

@dfish Good to hear the motion has decreased and you're feeling better. 

@aliaschief Sorry to hear about your arm and you having to stay out of the water. Great pictures.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

24 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

It’s just wake up time here in Moorea, French Polynesia. Our tour yesterday just overwhelmed us with the beauty of this island. I had an accident yesterday that will keep me out  the water for awhile. I was on my verandha and didn’t open the sliding door completely and I brushed the door jam upon rentering and literally ripped a large portion of skin off my left arm. Finally I had to go to Medical Clinic and get a proper dressing and bandage for it.

It was another evening of dining around the pool. BBQ lamb chops, chicken and hundreds of side choices. We then had a Polynesian band and dancers entertain us.

Today we are taking a drive tour around the island. Tomorrow Tahiti and I believe another overnight.

This island has to be one of God’s masterpieces. So beautiful and will share some photos. Thanks for the report and postings. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.29483215ae101de772625ea74e1085fe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.698882ebee16227482b26e575b581660.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.46ebb96acfa7eb2722a314a6b3d5fc3e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1f621a2247492225d43fb0fe1f311dd6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.825a925f5792f7eceb45355a71b08185.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8b6307d221d348f84deaa9b82b81bb3e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5ffdd29e501c80095d696018264aa9cf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb0279b3727d0da422f2aebeebc8d3b1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ce07dbcda395142a4d10692222f26a70.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8507564032d963b9930608c4ccc239a3.jpeg

Great photos!!!! A beautiful place!!!

• Like 14

Good morning, Dailyites!  Thanks for all the news.  I'm happy that the consensus is that Spring is on the way!  I have a single little marsh marigold blooming in my flowerbed, and I have no idea where it came from, it is definitely a volunteer and I hope it is happy with us.   I count that as Spring.  If we had a groundhog, it would not see its shadow today, I guess we would use a Vancouver Island marmot instead.  

Gerry, I'm so sorry about your DH, what a worry!  Annie, hope you feel better soon, and I'm sorry about Bubbles.  You are such a caring cat person!  Terry, I hope your household's health improves and you don't catch the bug, too.  And I hope the weather improves for the Dailyites on the way to Hawaii.

Well, we've had a busy couple of days.  First, we went downtown to apply for new passports, I also found a couple of new needlepoint kits, they are darned expensive nowadays, but I think they will be beautiful.  I can't do counted cross stitch any more, and I had to look for light coloured needlepoints, as I'm finding the darker colours difficult to manage.  I do need new glasses.  Then, yesterday, we booked two more cruises!  Pat is getting antsy, and as the cardiologist said he was good to travel, we decided to re-book part of the cruise we cancelled earlier - just the TA, though, and I got flights to FLL using my Air Miles and Pat organized return flights in business class on Icelandair.  I could only get economy for the three flights out, so I'm not looking forward to that.  Just hope Calgary isn't snowed in, like it was last year.  Talking to our PCC, she said she has had many, many complaints about Stockperks, and I told her we were going to try to do it the old way first!  

I want to ask the doctor if I should take the low dose aspirin with us, just in case.  I don't know if that has anything to do with heart valve problems.   And we are going out today to run a few errands, and I think I might have a look for something new to wear on the cruise.  It's either that or a lot of dieting!  

• Like 26

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I sure wish we had Carvana here.  

Check out Clutch Auto as it is the Canadian version of Caravan.  I sent them the details of my vehicle and I received a quote the same day.  They would come pick up the vehicle or I could deliver it to them and they would give me an additional $200.  I accepted their offer, drove the vehicle to their location and 15 mins later everything was done.  I would use them again in a heartbeat.  I have friends from NB that sold theirs to Clutch along with another friend from NB that bought a vehicle from Clutch. They offer very good pricing and you don't have to deal with any tire kickers.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Just a quick note before I finish reading the Daily.  The seas are calmer.  We still have swells but not as high and no white caps.  There is still some motion to the ocean.

I hope Debbie @dish and Sue are feeling better.  I also hope walking is easier today.

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

but @marshhawk we are hoping Bubble's finds peace today.

I second that @marshhawk 🙏

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yesterday, Allen's appointment went well. "See you in a year"

That is great news, Joy 🙂 

1 hour ago, Mopree said:

I hope you feel better soon and contine with your "Rome to Home" pictures and stories. I was enjoying your unique perspective. 

Welcome to the Daily 🙂 

38 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I had an accident yesterday that will keep me out  the water for awhile. I was on my verandha and didn’t open the sliding door completely and I brushed the door jam upon rentering and literally ripped a large portion of skin off my left arm. Finally I had to go to Medical Clinic and get a proper dressing and bandage for it.

Oh NO, Bruce.  I hope you are not in too much pain and it heals quickly 🤞. I am glad you had it attended to 👍   Your photos are great!

10 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Then, yesterday, we booked two more cruises!  Pat is getting antsy, and as the cardiologist said he was good to travel, we decided to re-book part of the cruise we cancelled earlier - just the TA, though, and I got flights to FLL using my Air Miles and Pat organized return flights in business class on Icelandair.  I could only get economy for the three flights out, so I'm not looking forward to that.

That’s great news that you are able to do some cruising 👍 

1 minute ago, bdrcole said:

Check out Clutch Auto as it is the Canadian version of Caravan.  I sent them the details of my vehicle and I received a quote the same day.  They would come pick up the vehicle or I could deliver it to them and they would give me an additional $200.  I accepted their offer, drove the vehicle to their location and 15 mins later everything was done.  I would use them again in a heartbeat.  I have friends from NB that sold theirs to Clutch along with another friend from NB that bought a vehicle from Clutch. They offer very good pricing and you don't have to deal with any tire kickers.

thank you SO much.  I didn’t know we had that company in Canada.  I’m going to look into it.  I’ve been trying to decide what to do with the huge SUV (and I do mean huge).  DD DH wanted it for safety for driving in the winter to work and, of course, we HAD to have a large back area for the dogs.  Ivan and I don’t need that size but I’m nervous to price a new vehicle.  One step at a time 😉 

• Like 24

16 minutes ago, superoma said:

@kazui just looked up clutch auto and it seems it is available only in Ontario and Nova Scotia.

That is where their main offices are and they will pick up your vehicle in both NS & NB along with many locations in Ontario.  It doesn't cost you anything to submit a quote on line.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, superoma said:

@kazui just looked up clutch auto and it seems it is available only in Ontario and Nova Scotia.

nope they are showing me used cars available in New Brunswick.  I remember looking some time ago now and it was only available in a couple of provinces at the time so I completely forgot about them 😉 

8 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

That is where their main offices are and they will pick up your vehicle in both NS & NB along with many locations in Ontario.  It doesn't cost you anything to submit a quote on line.

Thanks for clarifying.   Eva had me double checking LOL.  I think it may be my weekend project to see what they would give me for the SUV to get an idea at least.  I really appreciate you telling me about it ♥️ 

• Like 19

4 hours ago, kazu said:

I sure wish we had Carvana here.  It sure would make life simpler for me.

Gerry @ger_77 I am so sorry to hear of the difficulty you are going through to get your DH the medical care he needs.  Ridiculous. 😡. Thank heavens, you are persistent.

Ugh is right.  Good thing it happened now and not while you were away though.  (Just trying to find the silver lining).

That’s the first thing I said — glad this now rather than while we are away.  What a mess that would have been!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2