The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 24th, 2024

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Thank you all for yesterdays Birthday wishes. I had a great day with a few surprises. So much fun! 

I think I am one of the few that does not like salmon. I really enjoy fish, but not that one. Think it goes back to when my mother made 'salmon and peas on the mountain " (mashed potatoes). Never been to todays port.

@RMLincoln Hope DH gets a good report today. Safe travels.

@JazzyV  Hope you had another good nights sleep.

We are going to trivia tonight at the Country Club. They are just starting it and limiting tables to 8. It will be fun.

Off to water aerobics.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Mmmm...  Salmon Cakes...  a comfort food for me!!  Thank you!!!

And for the Reports and information and all the photos!!  it's like a travelogue on this thread...  I go around the world from my computer through your eyes and photos!!!

yesterday, I honored National Picnic Day with our Active Adults at the park...  We hiked, ate, chatted and had a wonderful time!!  There was a small river and pond...  but no boats or ships!!!  It's Garey Park in Georgetown Texas.

May be an image of grass and lake

May be an image of body of water

And, I became a Great grandmother to Quail, yesterday, too!!  The incubator was active with 12 eggs and now three have hatched...  We should have quail eggs beginning this summer!  And chicken eggs by fall!!!  My child LOVES animals...  any and all animals...  and would love to live in the country on a farm...  but this neighborhood home has limits that they are stretching to their desires!!!  Two chickens are plenty!!  And 5-10 quail should hold that desire!!  Along with the Corgi!  And all the wildlife of squirrels and birds and possum and critters that go bump in the night!

Hugs to each of you!!!

• Like 31

Good morning everyone.  Happy Wednesday.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for stepping up and filling in while Rich finishes up his cruising and Jacqui gets to start a new journey. 

Thank you to Roy @rafinmd for the maps, Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists.  I hope you are still doing well and feeling better.  Prayers for you.

Thank you to the ladies in the F&B department.  To Debbie @dfish for the meal recipe, to Ann @cat shepard for the wine expiation.  I agree that it is a bit above my budget, and to Dixie @summer slope for the drink recipe.  I like Mimosas and hope to have one soon.

I have not been to the destination. Interesting quote and all three days are worthy of celebration.

Well, today is the day we were supposed to drive to Jacksonville in preparation to fly to Rome tomorrow.  To sad that I am sad would be an understatement.  I had everything planned out and feel like the rug has been pulled out from under my feet.  I am in the process of unpacking and putting everything away.  I am trying not to show my disappointment too much, but it hurts.  Thankfully, every reservation was refundable and we did not lose much money except for a few museum tickets, etc. that we bought.

Today we will probably go to Costco for some essentials. We had put off going until our return from our trip,  Since we’re not going, we might as well get our necessities.

Prayers for all on the cares list, and cheers for those celebrating and cruising.  

Have a good Wednesday.,

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10

Good morning from and overcast and humid (100%) central Texas.  It is 67F with a dew point of 67F.  There is only a slight chance of rain today, and our predicted high temperature is 78F.  This will be quick since it's house cleaning day, and I slept later than intended. 

We'll let someone else celebrate Sauvignon Blanc day.  The other two days are interesting, and I hope all animals still in laboratories are treated humanly.

The quote is another interesting one.

Salmon cakes are good, but a nice salmon fillet is easier to prepare.  I'll take a Mimosa, and would like to try the wine, but it's pricey.

We have not been to today's port.

The sending of a tv signal by satellite in 1962 was a huge step in broadcasting.

@MISTER 67  I hope your Lightning can overcome the 2-0 deficit in the playoffs.

@grapau27  Graham, thanks for all the explanations of the days.

@aliaschief  Bruce, thanks for the beautiful pictures of Abu Dhabi.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I hope your DH gets a good report from the surgeon.  Safe travels today and tomorrow.  Enjoy your visit with your friend, and your time with your prayer circle friends.

@puppycanducruise  Melanie, I could not like your post because of the snow.  I hope this is the last snow for many months.

@marshhawk  Annie, if you get a paycheck, being a pawn between your bosses might not be too bad.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm sorry today is a sad day, and I hope the situation improves.  You are stronger than you think since you had the courage to make the necessary but difficult decision that was best for both of you.

363344902_2550125018508876_8990836162325571737_n.jpg.063f0c985e38444770fd30f84222fa43.jpg

368325517_7296519553697787_6405186431919119615_n.jpg.0e679bf262db937c1c7c77130049fe80.jpg

402626217_894682515553500_6420015770822925079_n.jpg.1f68c3d09f1f9567b0da2896c3828b3e.jpg

407245957_848321960632524_5191238731864110657_n.jpg.8566dbacd529c791328efa3ee30f9712.jpg

408235929_663389562607537_816095474866606784_n.jpg.9ebe4ae0f7825370eb6b8ed71ebc09d7.jpg

410078489_744160391080304_6355050082287099587_n.jpg.2ce8d86a1b0e337d93bc606b0589bd30.jpg

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'll let the white wine lovers enjoy the Sauvignon Blanc today, am intrigued by the folklore that surrounds St. Mark's Eve, and wish for safety and comfort for all animals in laboratories.  I like the quote, except for the "enormous demands on me" part.  LOL

Another sunny day in the works for us; currently it's +4(39F), but the forecast is for a high later this afternoon of 21(69) - woo hoo!  Yesterday I got brave (seriously brave) and packed up 3 winter jackets that I dropped off at the Salvation Army store - never fear, I still have at least 3 more of varying weights to carry me through the next winter.  

@JazzyVI hope you had a restful second night after your surgery, and that the extra sleep continues so you can start feeling like your old self again.

@RMLincolnsaying prayers for Richard's eye check up this morning; I hope you have a great visit with your friends after.

I didn't really have anything on the agenda today, but last night Ollie called to see if I could bring her downtown so she could drop off some forms at city hall for Gord's police pension.  And after that we're going to stop by the funeral home to pick up his ashes.  I felt honoured that she asked me to go with her to do both.

I'd like the drink of the day (have made and consumed many over the years, although we always referred to it as "Adult Orange Juice"), would like the wine, but it's pricey, and do love salmon cakes.  The next time I thaw some salmon fillets, I might make them into cakes, but for tonight I've got a couple of pork chops thawing that will be egg-washed and panko crumb coated before being air fried and served along with mini baked potatoes and a crunchy salad at the kitchen table.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in general turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.   Thanks for the Daily and maps, Sandi, Roy and Rich.  I will definitely celebrate SB, we will have to buy some at Costco to bring to the cabin for the summer.   @grapau27 thanks once more for the explanation of St. Mark's Eve.  Lab animals suffer for our benefit, I hope they can come up with better ways for testing.  Great quote bay Anais Nin.   Thanks for our port photos Sandi, I am sure there will be more coming of the picturesque port.   

I am not at fan of salmon, @cunnorl I think there are more of us that we know about.  I will take my sparkling wine just plain.  I avoid OJ because of the sugar.  The Barbaresco sound like a wonderful wine, thanks for researching this for us and to @kochleffel for filling in for Dixie.  

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations list Vanessa.  I hope that you had a good night's sleep and continue to heal completely.   @RMLincoln I am glad your husband will be cleared today and that you get to spend some time with your friends in MD.   I feel for you having to pass through Baltimore with a major north/south transportation artery shut down.   @Cruzin Terri I truly feel for you as your trip is not going to happen.  Prayers for Tana and Chuck and @ger_77for your husband needing a valve replacement.  Prayers for al in war zones, Ukraine, the hostages and the innocents in Gaza.   

I will continue to take wine out of the cellar for our 4 month trip to the cabin.  I could barely walk this morning when I got out of bed simply by carrying 2 cases upstairs 4 bottles at a time in a basket.   I told John we will have to hitch up the lawn cart and pull them uphill from the basement.  We are supposed to have a hard frost tonight which is bad for our fruit growers in our area because their apple and pear trees are in bloom.   It will be in the 40s here today with wind out of the north.  Another day stuck in the house.   Have a lovely Wednesday.  Nancy 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Paul;.   

Interesting group of dogs today.  It is also International Guide Dog Day.  I think I like the quote.

Satellite transmission was a great day in communications history.

I have been to several ports in Norway but not Leknes.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Garden Bounty, Turkey Roast with Giblet Gravy and Cranberry, and Peach Crisp as served on Nieuw Statendam April 24, 2019;\:

dishes24.jpg

Chilly but not cold morning that will warm up nicely for my afternoon errands,

Roy

• Like 34

ScreenShot2024-04-24at06_22_03.png.1f894a8ea1a2d18bcec1bf1b70f9a3fa.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Not a fan of SB, thanks for the explanation on St Mark's Eve, and hope all animals in labs are treated humanely.  I halfway agree with the quote, meal sounds good, love Mimosas, wine is too pricey and never been to the port.  Wow on the MIT achievement.

ScreenShot2024-04-24at06_27_59.thumb.png.dc682e13555d327596b7c320d2de547d.png

This is so true for us.  We will be a little cooler today reaching the high 80s.  It has been so beautiful lately - sunny skies - but today will be partly cloudy.

ScreenShot2024-04-23at20_09_58.thumb.png.81dbfa1e505b1f4da53dbb7831e47519.png

Had a good day at the high school yesterday.  Finance math and AP Stats!  Oh boy, I don't think I could do that now.  I will sub a half day today at around noon for 7 & 8th grade science.  They had asked if I could do it all day as the teacher needed to take the whole day off instead of just a half day.  I politely said no.  

ScreenShot2024-04-23at20_03_53.thumb.png.b2a5efa0b5b2f9057e85ac7d36a01130.png

Thoughts for those on the care list and glad everyone with medical stuff done in the last couple of days are doing well.  Cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone.

• Like 25
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had breakfast overlooking the North sea.

IMG_20240424_103547.jpg

Graham, may I ask what the current price of an egg McMuffin in your area is? Please quote me in US dollars! 

• Like 14

Good morning Daily-ites from a warm morning of 69 heading to 83.

@LambKnuckles we live in Georgetown. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful park outing yesterday. 

Hoping all goes well for our friends here post surgeries. Prayers lifted for each of you. I have added 2 more people to my prayer book, one in ICU with heart failure and another with a 2nd stroke. 

News flash! Allen's Dupixent arrived. Very thankful for our insurance as 2 shots are $4,910. It's administered every 2 weeks. 

Pedicures today with lunch after. I don't think salmon cakes are in our future..

@Nickelpenny love the top 12 states!

Have a blessed day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Graham, may I ask what the current price of an egg McMuffin in your area is? Please quote me in US dollars! 

$4.47 (£3.59).

I had a bacon and egg mcmuffin and Pauline had a sausage and egg mcmuffin.

Both cost £3.59 or $4.47.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites from a warm morning of 69 heading to 83.

@LambKnuckles we live in Georgetown. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful park outing yesterday. 

Hoping all goes well for our friends here post surgeries. Prayers lifted for each of you. I have added 2 more people to my prayer book, one in ICU with heart failure and another with a 2nd stroke. 

News flash! Allen's Dupixent arrived. Very thankful for our insurance as 2 shots are $4,910. It's administered every 2 weeks. 

Pedicures today with lunch after. I don't think salmon cakes are in our future..

@Nickelpenny love the top 12 states!

Have a blessed day.

Prayers added Joy for your dear friend in ICU with heart failure and the other after a second stroke.

Graham.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

$4.47 (£3.59).

I had a bacon and egg mcmuffin and Pauline had a sausage and egg mcmuffin.

Both cost £3.59 or $4.47.

Wow, what a deal! Compared to costs in parts of the US! To buy an McMuffin in California you might need to see if the restaurant will finance the cost of the McMuffin  over a five year term! 😳

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Good morning from Nieuw Statendam. Our third consecutive sea day as we cruise to Funchal, Madiera.

Screenshot_20240424_120246_VesselFinder.thumb.jpg.abaf917a1c92e32b9208e011002f3f01.jpg

wishing everone a great day!

Way back in 2013, we stopped in Funchal. Back then HAL allowed you to bring wine on the ship. We went to a nearby grocery store and there was one aisle with just wine as low as 3 euros per bottle. This one lady had a shopping cart full of wine and bought it back to the ship. She told me it was going to be Christmas gifts!

• Like 14

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Abu Dhabi what a beautiful modern city. The finding of oil in mid 50’s with the vision and leadership of it’s Emeritus has led to a utopian life for those who were born in UAE. Opulent wealth oozes.

They are still building museums, grand theme parks, skyscrapers and even more man made islands. Emerits pay no income tax, free medical, pensions and the list goes on.

Late sailing tonight for an overnight plus day stay in Dubai. Ends this segment and we start our detour around Africa.

Thanks for the report and post. Bruce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Another tour question. On your world cruise did Azamara offer credits toward ships shore excursions?

• Like 12

Just now, RedneckBob said:

Another tour question. On your world cruise did Azamara offer credits toward ships shore excursions?

No but if you book future excursions on a previous Azamara cruise you could save 10% on your next cruise excursions.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll pass on Sauvignon Blanc day, as I mainly drink red wine. I'll celebrate St. Mark's Eve. I hope animals in labs are treated humanely. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish), yes to the drink and pass on the wine only due to cost. I haven't been to Leknes. 

It's 54F and partly cloudy. I stayed downstairs again last night, in the recliner. I slept about 6 hours, which isn't far off my usual amount before the leg issue. Still no pain and no tingling, yay! My back is stiff and sore when I move. I put my compression stockings on this AM, which was a chore. So far I'm mainly using Tylenol and the muscle relaxant. I think I'll try going upstairs tonight. BFF and I laugh, as I change his MOHS dressings and clean the wounds, and today we'll remove my dressing.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting us up today. Nice photos from Leknes.

@grapau27 I appreciate the explanations.

@aliaschief Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing. 

@RMLincoln Prayers for DH's eye check today. Your plans for today sound wonderful. Safe travels tomorrow. 

@puppycanducruise Ugh, snow!

@marshhawk I hope DH tolerates his treatment well. I heard that endless shrimp practically bankrupted Red Lobster. I don't know how you keep track of your work and who you're working for. 

@LambKnuckles Great scenery. And congrats on the quail babies.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sure it's disappointing not to be going on your trip. It's good to hear you are getting most of your money back. I hope you can maybe do some closer trip in the near future.

@ger_77 Continued prayers for a positive decision on Maurice's TAVR. 

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for your friend in ICU from heart failyre and the one with a 2nd stroke. I'm glad Allen's Dupixent arrived. The cost for some of these meds is ridiculous.

@smitty34877 Prayers for Tana, you and the family.

@lindaler I hope all is ok with you.

@mamaofami I hope you and Sam are doing well.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 10

I wouldn't mind some Sauvignon Blanc and it would go with the salmon cakes, but the wine I have open is a kosher Gamay-Pinot blend from France.

Believe it or not, salmon patties were already in my plan for today, the recipe adapted slightly for Passover. I was up too early for brunch, even with a mimosa waiting, and after the second seder last night I probably shouldn't drink any more for a while. No Nebbiolo grapes here, so I might substitute Chateau LaFayette Reneau's Petit Verdot, $29.99.

I seem to have attended not one seder (required), not two (customary in the diaspora, but I follow the Israeli calendar), but three. The second was virtual, starting at lunchtime EDT yesterday because it was being led from Germany. The third was at the synagogue with 65 people, more a community event (with very good food) than a religious occasion. I had arranged to sit with my hosts from the first seder and a medical student whom they had invited; a Presbyterian minister joined us. I also led part of the morning service yesterday.

Einsteindating.thumb.jpg.8bafa6bdbb06d6258dd98257425dd2b7.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 5

Good morning all!

The clouds are rolling in, our sunny days are gone for awhile.  Also will be at least 10 degrees cooler today than yesterday.  I finally have no more excuses and will tackle some indoor chores.  Also have a dental cleaning appointment this afternoon.

I think I've become a SB snob 🤣.  It's my wine of choice but only certain ones LOL.  Choice number 1 is Marlborough NZ, 2nd choice Chile SB.  I don't care much for CA or French SB.  Interesting about St. Mark's Eve, and I hope all lab animals are treated humanely.  Good quote, but I agree with Gerry @ger_77 about the "enormous demands".  😉  

I love salmon cakes (and all fish cakes) and would prefer the 2nd recipe over the others.  It's similar to the way I make mine.  Mimosas are good, will pass on the red wine.  Have been to Norway a few times but never Leknes.

Vanessa @JazzyV I'm absolutely thrilled that you are doing so well and that there's no pain or tingling!!  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 27

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Paul;.   

Interesting group of dogs today.  It is also International Guide Dog Day.  I think I like the quote.

Satellite transmission was a great day in communications history.

I have been to several ports in Norway but not Leknes.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Garden Bounty, Turkey Roast with Giblet Gravy and Cranberry, and Peach Crisp as served on Nieuw Statendam April 24, 2019;\:

dishes24.jpg

Chilly but not cold morning that will warm up nicely for my afternoon errands,

Roy

Roy, we joined you on the Prinsendam that day, April 24, 2019 in Rome.  Your dinner looks very tempting.

Joy @Seasick Sailor great news that Allen's meds arrived, but have to agree about that ridiculous pricing.  Prayers for your friends in need.🙏

Remember back in January when we saw the filming being done on our street, with the SWAT vehicle and all?  Last night my twin texted me there was a program on ID channel about it.  I turned it on and it was all about the incident in 2020 up the block from us.  Very interesting to see actual footage from that time period mixed in with interviews and video taken in January.  Never thought I'd get to see any of it.  Sis must be watching a lot of TV.  She says she's doing alright but seems to have more pain in the afternoons than at night which sounds like the better alternative.  At least she's sleeping.

Which reminds me Vanessa @JazzyV it's so good to hear you are catching up a little on your sleep and NO PAIN!  It's good that you and BFF have each other to help out during your surgeries!

• Like 23

Another interesting collection of days & quote. Pass on the meal (seafood), yes to the drink & wine (may need to go in halfsies w/someone at that price), not been to the port.

Thanks @aliaschief and @StLouisCruisers for the wonderful pictures.

@Seasick Sailor good news the Dupixient arrived but yikes to that price.

Hugs @ger_77 to you, DH and Ollie.

@JazzyV so happy to hear you had another night of pain-free 💤 😴. You can remove both my upcoming Westerdam cruises (April 27 & May 12) from the list as we will not be going due to my growing list of issues (eyes, shoulder, knee, neck). So, I will not be going on my first TP, nor seeing Japan for the first time & will miss our annual AK in May cruise. 😪 Fingers crossed we will make Sept.🤞

Today is a trip to the credit union to pick up a new ATM card - fraud dept called last night asking about some suspucious transactions - then updating auto-pays w/the new number. Laundry may be on the agenda, we'll see.

Temp was 66° when I checked a few hours ago, headed to 81° with rain still coming tomorrow evening & forecast to last all weekend; the backyard lake shall stay. If we had realized how large the depressed spot was, we would have had a French drain installed when the house was built; it will be quite an ordeal if/when we do it now.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240424_070827.thumb.jpg.b21fcf5935bbcae239a4e3658a30e1da.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4