P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Cruise Critic management has suggested these non-cruising threads are locked and removed on most of the cruise line boards. I have argued for this one to be saved but, would you all still use it if it moved to The Pub thread?

Probably,  as I enjoy the banter,  but what harm is there in leaving it here ? 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Cruise Critic management has suggested these non-cruising threads are locked and removed on most of the cruise line boards. I have argued for this one to be saved but, would you all still use it if it moved to The Pub thread?

Sharon my personal preference would be for it to stay here if possible as there is a nice dynamic. People use it when they come share information about P&O and conversely come regularly to use this thread and then add to other ones.

If it has to go to the pub then yes I would pop over as a second choice.

Thanks for trying to keep it going, much appreciated.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I would much prefer it to stay where it is………

Thank you for trying to keep this thread going.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

I read it everyday and it gives a good insight on P&O people. I find it very informative. I would not visit The Pub for it and I think it would die. I don’t feel that cruising is really up and running yet ant this thread pulls us together. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Please leave it here Sharon, I don't post very often but I do enjoy reading about what everyone has been up to. This is a group of people who have been brought together by yourself, this thread has helped us in so many ways since it was started. I don't think I would even know how to get onto The Pub thread anyway.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

If you cast your mind back to March 2020 Sharon I set off posting a few jokes to lighten the 

mood due to very dark unsure times but it got moved to the pub from here .

A few posters from here called by but I got more from around the world which was ok but 

no longer a P&O thread ,it lost it's all in the same boat feel . I have researched other sites

compared to CC and can tell you no one has anything as unique as this thread .We even 

have the odd visitors who enjoy these posts and tell us so. Imagine having a successful 

pub in a village and decide to demolish it and hope everyone just moves to the next one .

Just my opinion but why fix something that works ? :classic_unsure: I think it could do more damage

than good to be honest regarding your  posters traffic .

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Host Sharon

As a recovering Alcoholic who has been banned from all hostelries , I hope you can divert this special thread away from the “pub”  to enable  me to continue to read and enjoy it.

Hopefully, as this is just a CC “suggestion” common sense will prevail for us non drinkers.

PS.  Hope Beckett is OK!

Regards

Edited by royallondon
Addition
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, kalos said:

If you cast your mind back to March 2020 Sharon I set off posting a few jokes to lighten the 

mood due to very dark unsure times but it got moved to the pub from here .

A few posters from here called by but I got more from around the world which was ok but 

no longer a P&O thread ,it lost it's all in the same boat feel . I have researched other sites

compared to CC and can tell you no one has anything as unique as this thread .We even 

have the odd visitors who enjoy these posts and tell us so. Imagine having a successful 

pub in a village and decide to demolish it and hope everyone just moves to the next one .

Just my opinion but why fix something that works ? :classic_unsure: I think it could do more damage

than good to be honest regarding your  posters traffic .

Fair do's Kalos. The UK cruisers and the Pub threads are quite well used. Somebody posted yesterday, one Wednesday and a few on Monday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I doubt I would use it if was moved from this board.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I probably wouldn't use this thread if it was moved to The Pub

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I would much prefer it to stay where it is………

Thank you for trying to keep this thread going.

I agree. It's so easy to pop in while browsing the other threads and has bought other cruisers to join the P&O forum.

Thank you for trying Sharon.

Avril

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I mean no disrespect to anyone at CC management but I don't know if they understand this thread as it is pretty unique on CC and it is what keeps me coming back to CC over and over. I've been with this thread now since the beginning and, though I have been frustrated at times, it has been a life line to so many people who have not only shared their lives, fears and hopes for the future but also their love of cruising and the chat re cruising as well. (We check out on here and then the other threads)

The friendships on here move on to other threads and that means we trust one another and know where we are all coming from when advice is given. I check out on here first and this them makes me check the other threads out. (It won't work the other way around)

To move this thread to the pub would probably mean that I checked CC out far less frequently as I can't see me wandering to 'The Pub' at all and may move to an alternative UK site we used to follow

The end of this thread would not send out good messages about CC and the management's understanding of the UK market

PS You are spot on Sharon, so keep fighting for us --- we're all behind you x

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

We tried the pub before, but not our local, so didn't have the same 'ambience'... 

Will be a terrible shame if I don't know what the weather in Yorkshire is like or what Graham had for lunch... 😊

Only kidding of course, this thread has been a crutch for many of us throughout these difficult times, will be a shame if it goes. 

Andy 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Sharon, for trying to keep this thread here. I do not post very often so I suppose I’m a lurker. I have followed this thread from the beginning. It is the first thing I look at in the morning and I have found that it helps to take my mind off what is going on in the world at the moment. At the same time I lurk on other threads that take my interest. If it was moved to the Pub (what’s that?) I would have very little interest in CC. Please don’t move it (talking as an experienced cruiser).

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Having read other people’s responses, I can only say that lot’s of us seem to think alike. It is unlikely that I would follow the thread to the pub unless the beer was real and free. One of my philosophies on life is the old maxim that if something is not broken, don’t try to fix it. Not only is this thread not broken, it still attracts many of us to post, not only on here, but on other threads as well and keep them moving along.

Thanks for trying to save it Sharon, I hope management listen to you and follow your requests just like we all do.

• Like 12

Just another thought --- I don't even know what 'The Pub' on here is .............. perhaps it is me but thought I would confess. Would moving this thread make me check it out --- nope

I only check out the main cruise line sections and their threads, not the branch off areas. 

• Like 4

Re-reading the posts about moving this thread, and there seems to be a recurring theme by everyone. It feels like we will be losing all our friends that we have made over these last two years, as I doubt anyone  will follow it to 'The Pub'. 

As cruising resumes again fully, and  people are too busy to post, it will gradually fall to the bottom of the page,  fade away and die a natural death. 

Avril

• Like 8