P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well, we have had an eventful morning.. 

Had to call an ambulance for Michelle as she was being sick, couldn't breathe and passed out... 

Tried 111 for advice first but after ten minutes of Covid instructions and we are busy, call back later messages, gave up and called 999...

Paramedics arrived just as I finished the call, how is that for service... 

She didn't want to go to hospital so the doctor reluctantly agreed she could stay home after prescribing different anti sickness medicine, as long as I stayed with her and monitored her breathing. 

She is settled now, snoring loudly😴

Hats off to the ambulance service and doctors/pharmacy for acting so quickly, just a shame 111 is clogged up with what should be common sense messages.. 

Andy 

Sorry to hear that Michelle is unwell.Hope that she feels better soon

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Had to call an ambulance for Michelle as she was being sick, couldn't breathe and passed out... 

Tried 111 for advice first but after ten minutes of Covid instructions and we are busy, call back later messages, gave up and called 999...

She didn't want to go to hospital so the doctor reluctantly agreed she could stay home after prescribing different anti sickness medicine, as long as I stayed with her and monitored her breathing. 

Hats off to the ambulance service and doctors/pharmacy for acting so quickly, just a shame 111 is clogged up with what should be common sense messages.. 

Andy 

Hats off to you for reacting so swiftly and effectively. I bet you feel a great sense of relief. Best wishes and our thoughts are with you.

• Like 1

Andy 

Certainly seems to have been an eventful morning. Hopefully Michelle will be feeling better soon, no doubt all thanks to your expert care and monitoring (or maybe despite your expert care and monitoring). 😷🤒
The fact that the 111 lines were clogged up will no doubt be seen by some in charge as a success because it shows people are using it for advice rather than showing common sense as you did in this instance and phoning the expert paramedics.

• Like 2

Andy 

Really frightening for you both Andy. Poor Michelle. Apart from keeping an eye (or an ear) on her did they suggest a follow up with your GP / tests?  Isn't the Paramedic service great?  We have a Paramedic doing a year's placement with us at the moment and he is just fantastic.  His knowledge is extensive, his manner is angelic, and he looks about 12!  Seriously, he's a great asset to us.  I do wish Michelle better very soon and hope it's no more than a one-off.  Best wishes to you both.  Jane.x

• Like 3

Andy 

Wow, sorry with work etc I haven't had the opportunity to welcome you back and now you have an awful morning. Hope Michelle is feeling better soon.

• Like 1

Andy 

Sorry to hear about Michelle. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. Our paramedics do a good job and unfortunately get very little praise.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Really frightening for you both Andy. Poor Michelle. Apart from keeping an eye (or an ear) on her did they suggest a follow up with your GP / tests?  Isn't the Paramedic service great?  We have a Paramedic doing a year's placement with us at the moment and he is just fantastic.  His knowledge is extensive, his manner is angelic, and he looks about 12!  Seriously, he's a great asset to us.  I do wish Michelle better very soon and hope it's no more than a one-off.  Best wishes to you both.  Jane.x

They were very thorough Jane, spoke to our doctor while here, did all the tests, ecg etc and suggested a follow up when her strength is back. Also had a call from her Oncologist just checking in, so I guess the doctor contacted her? 

I am not sure we would have got the same level of care when Covid was at its worst, but so glad we are now in a position where normality is resuming. 

Andy 

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Wow, sorry with work etc I haven't had the opportunity to welcome you back and now you have an awful morning. Hope Michelle is feeling better soon.

Thank you Pete. 

Glad you are keeping busy, hope you are both OK. 

Andy 

35 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear about Michelle. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. Our paramedics do a good job and unfortunately get very little praise.

They are superstars, all the patience in the world and fantastic people skills. 

• Like 5

On 5/23/2021 at 3:23 PM, peteukmcr said:

Another disappointment in the travel industry is the continuing downturn in demand. This is evident, despite cruises resuming from Southampton (MSC Virtuosa maiden voyage was on the 20th, Viking Venus was on 22nd from Portsmouth) because Blue Island (who took on the Manchester to Southampton route after the demise of Flybe) have cancelled our flights in mid August due to the lack of demand. So now we'll have to travel by train to Portsmouth for our Scarlet Lady Long Weekender at a higher cost and of course taking longer to get there.

Pete, I was reading  elsewhere that Eastern will be operating 11 services a week to Southampton from the end of July. Could that be of use to you?  

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

They were very thorough Jane, spoke to our doctor while here, did all the tests, ecg etc and suggested a follow up when her strength is back. Also had a call from her Oncologist just checking in, so I guess the doctor contacted her? 

I am not sure we would have got the same level of care when Covid was at its worst, but so glad we are now in a position where normality is resuming. 

Andy 

Glad that Michelle is getting all the care and attention she needs. Thinking of you both.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Hope Michelle recovers soon. 111 is a great service, I had to use it myself a couple of years ago.

Not so good at the moment Bob, swamped by covid bumpf and too busy. 

After that though, our NHS was amazing today. 

Andy 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Sending you both our very best wishes Andy.

We hope Michelle recovers quickly from her sickness.

Graham.

• Like 1

We went to a retail park then to McDonald's who were closed because Animal rights activists were blockading McDonald's distribution depots.

We went home for lunch then to the beach for an hour.

We then went to the eye hospital and the consultant was delighted with my eye 3 months after the op and has put me on a list hopefully 2 months for  cataract surgery on my other eye.

Take care everyone and especially Andy and the lovely Michelle.

Graham. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Oh dear Andy this is awful news I hope that she is soon feeling a bit better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

So sorry to hear the news Andy. Hope Michelle is soon feeling much better.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 11:40 AM, davecttr said:

I went to Hempstead Valley this morning and sat in Costa for a coffee. I was concerned to see very few scanning the QR code and using the hand sanitiser. Then there was the man with a persistent cough which did not help. Hardly anyone used the sanitation stations in Sainsbury's either.

Then to cap it all I read this morning that against symptomatic COVID after two doses of vaccine:

Pfizer is 88% effective against Indian variant and 93% against Kent variant. The figures for AstraZeneca are 60% and 66%.

Very depressing 😟

Bad weather too.

It isnt depressing at all if you listen to Dr Jenny Harries on Andrew Marr show on Sunday she explained the difference calmly with no political hype and with scientific proof. Listening to headlines in newspapers and tv doesnt help she did explain the reason why AZ is lower than Pfizer and said they expect within 2 weeks the figures will be as high as Pfizer and was due to Pfizer being ahead with their trials and getting results earlier than AZ. 

• Like 3