Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Yesterday’s storm was officially named a blizzard for our county- Suffolk County.

There were high winds and low visibility with the snowfall that lasted until about 5 PM yesterday.

We think we had about 12” of snow in our neighborhood with significant drifting. With the winds topping at 50 mph, we were grateful that we didn’t loose power at all. 

Today is a beautiful sunny day with clear blue skies. A bit chilly though as the temperature at 12:00 was 20 degrees with a wind chill of 5 degrees.

Here are some photos of our winter wonderland taken from inside our house where it is comfy and warm !

Dani- I wish that I could send some of this snow to your grandchildren so they could make another I don’t think the snow would shipwell though !

Lenny- That was a good small world story about the woman on the cruise that eventually moved into your complex.

Question for you- Did Ernie Grunfeld live in Forest Hills ( my home town) ?I thought I read that in an article about him. Just curious. 

Take care everyone- 

MJ🙋🏻

8D2B01EB-485F-47DB-8885-26E2CBDF6339.jpeg

D4A061CD-1F37-420C-8F2F-AE1337CC3506.jpeg

7F6CB318-57FD-4DB8-8FAC-8CFF3F41DF9B.jpeg

645ED0F3-5EEC-41A7-BBDE-EAFF3758300C.jpeg

Edited by MJSailors
Corrected spelling
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Flight was cancelled 1hr. before boarding was to start. I have a headache.

Did they give a reason for the cancellation ?? I thought it was a direct flight. Can't be a weather related excuse. Snow ended around 7:00 last night and the airport was fully operational this morning.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had 19” in Long Island

I know some on here aren't going to like this next statement, but I would have loved to have that snowfall amount. (Actually, needed 1 more inch). That way I could have charged triple for plowing. Most of my cruising money comes from plowing. Snow is what I affectionately call "Pennies from Heaven".

Time to go watch some football.🏈

Edited by cruisingpeople
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Did they give a reason for the cancellation ?? I thought it was a direct flight. Can't be a weather related excuse. Snow ended around 7:00 last night and the airport was fully operational this morning.

Lots of cancellations today.  The airlines kept all the planes out of the northeast due to the storm.  They have to get the crews and planes back on their schedules, it takes a few days when there are this many airports that had basically cancelled all flights yesterday.

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy to share the recipe Arzeena, I just need someone to tell me how to post a link!

Is the recipe online?  If so, open to the webpage, copy the link and then paste it in box here.  Be sure you are still logged in here first.  The way cc works lately I can't respond 10 minutes after I logged in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've talked about Buc-ee's here a couple of times.  CBS Sunday Morning did a 6 minute segment on Buc-ee's this morning.

Welcome to Buc-ee's - CBS News

New Braunfels, TX will lose the title of the largest Buc-ees with a new one being built in Sevierville, TN.  It will have 120 fuel pumps, a 250 foot car wash and 74,000 square feet of indoor shopping, on 200 acres!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry to hear this.  Hope you get on another flight home quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Miami , I actually tried to book Blue Lagoon for my precruise but that was sold out that night , we did a short Uber ride to a nice Italian restaurant a couple of years ago from embassy suites.

I almost forgot about Uber!

How did you like the ES Miami airport? People are saying that the FLL one is in dire need of an uphaul.

Edited by Arzeena

42 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Is the recipe online?  If so, open to the webpage, copy the link and then paste it in box here.  Be sure you are still logged in here first.  The way cc works lately I can't respond 10 minutes after I logged in. 

Thanks. I’ve tried several time. I’m definitely logged in. It just won’t paste. Maybe because I’m on my iPhone?  I’ll just tell her the website. 

@Arzeena it’s lifemadesimplebakes.com.  Look in the soup category, it’s called Carrabba’s Lentil Soup.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks. I’ve tried several time. I’m definitely logged in. It just won’t paste. Maybe because I’m on my iPhone?  I’ll just tell her the website. 

@Arzeena it’s lifemadesimplebakes.com.  Look in the soup category, it’s called Carrabba’s Lentil Soup.  

Here you go. 🙂 

https://lifemadesimplebakes.com/spicy-sausage-and-lentil-soup-6/

• Like 1

Last day of our 7 day isolation today. Has been glorious weather so spent most of the time in the garden.  Discovered that at sunset, a tree in a neighbouring property becomes home to flocks of rainbow lorikeets. Been interesting to watch them fly in each evening. Daughter recovered from Covid on the third day and coped well with being isolated in her room all this time. She definitely enjoyed having meals delivered to her bedroom door on request (it’s been like living in a hotel

mum).  Whilst we are happy  she didn’t pass Covid onto the 3 of us it means we will likely  have to go through this 7 day isolation again x 3.  Just thankful it’s only 7 days.  I remember early in the pandemic my colleague had to isolate at home for 14 days after disembarking one of Royal’s last cruises before the shutdown. It was mandatory for all passengers.
Tomorrow, I am off to salvage the  remaining 3 days of our planned 7 day holiday at a beach house that we booked months ago.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

I know some on here aren't going to like this next statement, but I would have loved to have that snowfall amount. (Actually, needed 1 more inch). That way I could have charged triple for plowing. Most of my cruising money comes from plowing. Snow is what I affectionately call "Pennies from Heaven".

Time to go watch some football.🏈

The only time that I loved snow was the Blizzard of 1947.I had a lot of fun playing in the snow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry, Lenny, I stopped following Israeli basketball when the teams turned in "imported" only players...

Excellent reason!! I don't think we got to see her/him before...Name?

Do u think u feel like c**p because of seasickness or something you have eaten? Me, I've tried all the "natural" remedies for seasickness, but only the "chemicals" worked wonders for me (Dramamine).

I posted this to you because of the woman who lived in Romania.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Yesterday’s storm was officially named a blizzard for our county- Suffolk County.

There were high winds and low visibility with the snowfall that lasted until about 5 PM yesterday.

We think we had about 12” of snow in our neighborhood with significant drifting. With the winds topping at 50 mph, we were grateful that we didn’t loose power at all. 

Today is a beautiful sunny day with clear blue skies. A bit chilly though as the temperature at 12:00 was 20 degrees with a wind chill of 5 degrees.

Here are some photos of our winter wonderland taken from inside our house where it is comfy and warm !

Dani- I wish that I could send some of this snow to your grandchildren so they could make another I don’t think the snow would shipwell though !

Lenny- That was a good small world story about the woman on the cruise that eventually moved into your complex.

Question for you- Did Ernie Grunfeld live in Forest Hills ( my home town) ?I thought I read that in an article about him. Just curious. 

Take care everyone- 

MJ🙋🏻

8D2B01EB-485F-47DB-8885-26E2CBDF6339.jpeg

D4A061CD-1F37-420C-8F2F-AE1337CC3506.jpeg

7F6CB318-57FD-4DB8-8FAC-8CFF3F41DF9B.jpeg

645ED0F3-5EEC-41A7-BBDE-EAFF3758300C.jpeg

Ernie Grunfeld lived in Forest Hills and is a graduate of Forest Hills HS as was a cousin of mine and a neighbor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Was on the phone with my rep asking about it and they further upgraded us to a deluxe balcony mid ship. Drinks, WIFI and gratuities covered. Well thank you, appreaciate it.

Sounds like you hit the jackpot with Princess!!  That's great!🤩

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry to read this.  Hopefully you are settled in at MIA and things are lined up for a successful trip home tomorrow.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope you and Charlie are doing okay this morning.

I have a SI question .There is or was a Diner on Richmond Ave .I forgot the cross street but it was a shopping area.I am trying to recall the name of it.

We are okay.  There is the Dakota Diner on Richmond and Forest Avenues.  The Golden Dove past the Mall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I almost forgot about Uber!

How did you like the ES Miami airport? People are saying that the FLL one is in dire need of an uphaul.

I heard the same thing about FLL ES. It took a major nosedive. It needs to be rehabilitated from ground up  including the people inside.

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The only time that I loved snow was the Blizzard of 1947.I had a lot of fun playing in the snow.

Of course. Back then, you were a "kid".😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

No they did not.

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

This may be the ONLY reason I come home between trips!!

Minnie now…and a year ago.  (Same robe…)

image.thumb.jpeg.3b5a1d4a38fd178cec49ea91c0b97d49.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.84840fc0c46b435d629e3b5253a39435.jpeg

She's a beauty just like Chloe.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You're still in Fort. Lauderdale? The ship hasn't left yet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sorry to read this.  Hopefully you are settled in at MIA and things are lined up for a successful trip home tomorrow.  

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear this.

I hope you can get a replacement flight soon.

@Ocean Boy

+ 3

30 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are okay.  

So glad. Anthem has a "history" of bad weather....

• Like 4

Told DD I’m not running a hotel while she isolates.

Told her meals will either be frozen and heated up or Mac and cheese cups or take out. She was not happy about that, I am just trying to limit my interaction with her until she tests.

If I didn’t have to test before the cruise then I wouldn’t be so worried.

I got her a giant tub of disinfectant wipes and spray, also trying to get gloves. The horders are picking out shelf’s clean, I live in a small town so not many grocery stores around.

Told her she is not allowed into the den where the tv is, she will have to use her Mac to watch YouTube.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I use a recipe from cook2eatwell

I saw the Carrabba one and I'm going to try that one next. This is such a good soup on a cold winter night.

I usually do a Google search for a recipe for something I want to make and decide which one to make by the picture posted.

• Like 2