EU will start to allow fully vaccinated US citizens this summer

jonbgd

34 minutes ago, parachutes63 said:

Great Britain and Ireland are not part of the EU. They will make there own decisions. 

Ireland (Eire) is still part of the EU. Northern Ireland is part of the UK.  We have a clear roadmap of our way out of this following an amazing vaccination programme here.
6/21 is the day we are hoping that everything is back to normal...

Edited by little britain

31 minutes ago, parachutes63 said:

Great Britain and Ireland are not part of the EU. They will make there own decisions. 

Just for info

Ireland (in English) Eire (in Irish) is part of the EU and can make their own decisions as can every other member state.

Great Britain is not a country, it is the largest island in the British Isles. Originally called Great Britain to distinguish it from little Britain, Brittany in France.

The United Kingdom is a country and and Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

The UK and Ireland have a common travel area and various rights such as being able to vote in general elections etc whatever country you happen to be residing in. this may complicate matters somewhat!.

Edited by davecttr

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

There is also the concern that the travel experience is not going to be what people are used to. I'm fully vaccinated and not afraid to travel but what I find when I get there -- lots of places closed, hours and capacity limited, masks, further spikes etc. etc. does not make for an enjoyable trip. 

It may be different in the Fall.

The EU vaccine rollout has been slow. Hopefully that pace will quicken.  I love traveling and I love Europe, but I think their is a moral hazard in being a tourist to areas in lock-down. Hopefully countries wont allow tourists to roam free while citizens are still on lock down and not allowed to travel beyond a specific distance from home.

Edited by Cousin Eddie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Just for info

Ireland (in English) Eire (in Irish) is part of the EU and can make their own decisions as can every other member state.

Great Britain is not a country, it is the largest island in the British Isles. Originally called Great Britain to distinguish it from little Britain, Brittany in France.

The UK and Ireland have a common travel area and various rights such as being able to vote in general elections etc whatever country you happen to be residing in. this may complicate matters somewhat!.

CGP Grey's inaugural video!

And if you search his channel, he's got a few good ones explaining Brexit which includes the Ireland & Northern Ireland issue travel issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Just for info

To give it the correct title ' The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ".

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Germany is a great example on how masks and lockdowns don't work

It's only a great example how everyone spouting off about their rights and not wearing masks or staying home allow the virus to thrive. If everyone followed protocols, established by science, we'd see no spikes. So far, all the countries around the world reopened too soon.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cousin Eddie said:

Hopefully countries wont allow tourists to roam free while citizens are still on lock down and not allowed to travel beyond a specific distance from home.

Regardless, the number of tourists choosing to go somewhere that is still on "lock down" will probably be limited.

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yeah they might end up like Sweden

And how many people will point to the drop in cases following the mask mandate in Germany without a) seeing where it was before and b) comparing Germany's outcome with Sweden's.

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yeah they might end up like Sweden

Ah yes, that renowned scientist, IM, whose only publication is on twitter.  Would you please point me to one of his peer reviewed articles in a journal?

Edited by cured

19 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

There are so many wonderful things to see and do in this country, I think I’ll stay in my neck of the woods until the case numbers go down to a significant level globally.  Sure, I’ll miss traveling but waiting another year is probably the wisest thing considering what is going on in the world.

Same here. To much uncertainty to book anything overseas right now and so many things still to do here. There will eventually be overseas travel and I can wait until things are better.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1