The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 14th, 2024

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for your concern Graham.  It's good you got over your virus before your trip so you didn't have to cancel.  Is Pauline's cough better now?  Yes, they are keeping a low profile I guess you could say.  We've spoken a few times since Sunday, or rather she has and he is keeping his mouth shut for the most part. 🙂

Thanks Jacqui, I hope I'm over it quickly too. 

Thanks and I hope yours is better every day going forward.  Safe driving today!

Katherine, @Lady Hudson have a wonderful cruise and try to stay away from those floating cold viruses!

Roy @rafinmd a happy heavenly birthday for your DD DB.  I know you remember him fondly.

Annie @marshhawk try your best to stay cool.  Not a problem where I am right now.  And good luck with the job situation.  I'm sure if you angered Andrew it was his fault and not yours.  😉

Thank you Sandi.

Pauline's nasty cough has gone.

I'm pleased your relatives are keeping out of your way and letting you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 17

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I can't recall the last time I had chop suey; I've done lots of work tracing my family history and am glad I did for the sake of our grandsons.  Happy Flag Day to my friends in the south, and today's quote made me smile.

Again the sun made a brief appearance, only to be overtaken by the clouds.  I can't complain though, as the daytime temperatures are very comfortable and we don't have to use either the heat or the air conditioning.  There doesn't appear to be any rain the forecast for today, and we should have a nice temp of 23(73) by mid afternoon, which will make for an enjoyable day.  I think I'll use some time after lunch to repot the newest baskets we bought.  This morning when I looked out the front window, a large (read: huge!) jack rabbit went loping by on the front sidewalk.  I did a double take, as I thought my eyes were deceiving me, and it was a big dog, but nope, just a very big rabbit.

@rafinmdgood luck with your procedure today, and Happy Angel Birthday to your brother.

@Lady HudsonBon Voyage; have a wonderful cruise!

@Cruzin TerriI was holding my breath, wondering if you'd made it to Jacksonville and was so pleased to see you had.  I hope your drive home is an easy one.

@kazuare the tall stalks with purple and white heads alliums?  Ours aren't anywhere near blooming,

@Quartzsite Cruisergood luck with DH's shunt adjustment today; I hope the traffic isn't too awful.

@Seasick Sailorhow is your ankle?  I'm sure if you put a waterproof bandage over it, some pool time would be good for you.

@marshhawkI can't imagine you angering anyone - sounds like the boss is the issue.

I'd like to have a mai tai - don't recall ever having one, would try the wine (I've had the Apothic red but not a rose), and will give the menu suggestion a pass, as neither of us appreciates avocado.  Normally Friday night is pizza night here, but we've been invited to our Ukrainian friends for dinner, so I don't know what's on the menu, but I'm sure there will be plenty of food and lively conversation around their table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 32

Here is a recipe for a viral Tunacado sandwich  that is delicious but not open face. The tuna is whipped so it becomes almost like a mousse.IMG_0566.jpeg.e541eebac26b04ee4a74d19fa33f5215.jpeg

Btw, I often use mayo instead of butter when making a grilled cheese so I like that suggestion in Debbie’s recipes. Mayo is less likely to burn when toasting in the pan.

Safe journey to all who are traveling.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all,

More marine layer here which is expected to “lift” mid morning, then should be warm.  Got to go to the Depot after cleaning house and get some replacement 1x4s for the stock I bought a few months ago. They have wracked and are now unsuitable for shed doors. Am in the process of building a wee little shed for our garden. 

The wine sounds interesting- we met Apothetic’s Cab some months back when it was a daily wine and it has become one of our favorites. Today’s being a rosé I’m a bit concerned there might be some “feline factor” involved.🤔😜

Family History for me has become interesting. Was focusing on maternal side to learn about my Polish roots, then added my Dad’s side and quickly discovered lineage to 1280s, including lots of Boston and Nova Scotian ancestors ( believed to be Tory’s), Mary Boelin and several Rogers from the Mayflower. We’re talking about booking a cruise to the areas.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30

Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days but nothing exciting to report. But that is good when I read what some are going thru. @Cruzin Terri safe travels home. You had such an unwanted adventure. 

our ac is on because we have a stretch of really hot days coming. “Feels like” temps will be between 100 and possibly 110. That will be brutal. The city will open cooling centres and splash pads etc. the outdoor public pools don’t normally open until after June 26 or so when school finishes but who knows, maybe they will open early.

i have spent part of each day working on cleaning up my laptop. I get caught up watching the videos on it. Have found some interesting things. Pretty sure most of them are on my desktop too but need to confirm that. And I have been back in my genealogy files. One granddaughter was interested in following up and as soon as she gets a break from working we can look at it together.

i made blueberry muffins this morning and zucchini loaf. Definitely in the messy baker category and according to my floor probably kitchen klutz too!

have a good day and weekend everyone. We will be celebrating Father’s Day with both DDs and family around the pool at one DD. Will be the best place to be.

• Like 30

ScreenShot2024-06-14at06_54_02.thumb.png.13bc6567bf8eda91786f220ccac66aa1.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am not a fan of chop suey and I have not delved into my family history.  Angie's quote gave me a chuckle.  I might try the meal and wine but no to the drink; I have never been to Fuji.  I don't think I would want to sit watching baseball for 7 hours!! (had to look up the time)

ScreenShot2024-06-12at11_08_41.thumb.png.fab49e05cacd0cd49d05e3dfbbcd429e.png

Mornings are very pleasant here when compared with the afternoon temps.  Presently at 0730 it is 81F heading up to the low 100s.  My door stays open until around 1100 with the ceiling fans and standing fans going all day.  Then the door closes.  I keep the AC around 85 as I just hate cold blowing air.  Much too warm for most of my friends!

ScreenShot2024-06-12at16_15_14.thumb.png.80fa2c32ac4810fa1ae282eaa74cf42b.png

Lazy days of summer have hit me.  With nothing on the agenda, I tend to stay home and chill.  I am such a homebody.  But one thing I notice is my voice kind of gets lost.  I talk to "Alexa" but that is about it.  I think it is funny!!

ScreenShot2024-06-12at16_16_41.thumb.png.8753497bd47b5437e93a6adc2e541559.png

@0106 and @ottahand7 thanks for the tip about the RC!  

@Cruzin Terri I am glad you got home ok

@seagarsmoker I am so glad you are enjoying your new job!

@rafinmd thoughts for you today

@Quartzsite Cruiser safe travels to Dallas

@kazu I always close my eyes before entering the CT scan and then count the number of songs playing to anticipate when I get to get out!!

@Lady Hudson Bon Voyage!!  Enjoy!

@marshhawk I am not sure this is the meme you mean but ........ (I usually trash the memes after posting so I don't duplicate them):

ScreenShot2024-06-14at07_17_11.thumb.png.bc7e470d15b66561234a5cb4fd1d0378.png

I hope everyone has a great day.  Stay safe!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 8

Good morning. Rain, we have some RAIN!!!. Not much, but still it is RAIN. I am doing a very careful happy dance but the dogs are not impressed with getting wet. High today forecast to be about 75... then it begins to warm again.

The work on the condo should be finished today.... only ceilings in bedroom and hall to paint and then clean up. I am slowly putting things back into the curio cabinets and evaluating (and dusting) as I go. Slow work but I am making progress.

Off to give the dogs a quick outing between showers. Then make another cup of coffee and get back to work.

Susan

• Like 27

Posted (edited)

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'm not a chop suey fan. I have been researching family history, since I found the name of my birth mother. My flag flies every day. Fun quote. The meal sounds good, mai tais were my drink in college, and maybe for the wine (I've had their red). I haven't been to Dravuni Island. 

It cloudy here, but warm (75F); scattered storms this afternoon, perhaps strong. We could use some rain, unlike those in FL. I'm waiting for the HVAC person to come; my window was 10-12. Well, he just called and he has an involved AC fix and because of the hot weather coming he wants to get that done. So now it's Monday for me (my issue isn't urgent). Otherwise no big plans today. My lab results from yesterday are rolling in. The routine ones all look good. My creatinine was a tad high, but I hadn't had more than a sip of water for 15 hours. I can't drink much if I'm going to be out and about. The eye doctor did recommend a sleep mask as I have dry eyes (using Restasis and night time ointment) and have a ceiling fan going in the bedroom at night. I know I can feel the dryness from the one down here in my media room.

@Lady Hudson Bon Voyage!

@rafinmd Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DB. Good luck with your tests today.

@StLouisCruisers So sorry you have a cough now. Good idea to rest up in your cabin.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I hope the trip to and from Dallas is easy, and the shunt adjustment for DH also goes well.

@LambKnuckles Good luck with the sourdough journey. It requires patience. You'll read that a new starter can be ready to go after 7 days, but most feel 2 weeks is better.

@Denise T Great that the conference and your presentation were both a success!

@ottahand7 I hope your back won't bother you the rest of the summer.

@kazu I've had many CT scans and MRI's; some in quite claustrophobic tubes; I've learned to zone out. I'm glad you got through it, and some people have to have a light sedative. I hope the vascular surgeon visit will solve your issues.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you two made it to Jacksonville early this AM. Safe trip home and I hope your cold is gone soon.

@smitty34877 I'm glad that everyone is feeling better at your house.

@marshhawk Enjoy the extra time. I hope Andrew lets you work more hours. I'm glad Scottie is doing better. 

@durangoscots I'm sure you're glad the renovations are almost done.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, 

It's our last dry morning for a few days. The rain is supposed to start this afternoon and we even have thunderstorms in the forecast tomorrow. 

Today is my DD DSIL's heavenly birthday (she passed April 8th) so called my BIL last night and we chatted for close to an hour. We're following a similar grieving path only I'm a bit ahead of him so it's good to chat. 

Yesterday was a stay-at-home day with changing the sheets on the bed, making chocolate chip cookies, cleaning up the house, etc. Did hear back from the care facility and Premera had taken back all the copays they'd funded. I called Premera but they can't talk to me about DD DH without some hoop jumping (death certificate, etc) so will work on that this weekend. 

Today is the Widow's Support group potluck (why I made cookies) and I'm meeting DS at the Depot to look at baseboards for the house then a stop at the big box store and the local grocery so a full day. Sunday we're going to the Symphony for a Disney pops concert. I'm treating DS and DDIL. We're all looking forward to it. 

Have a lovely Friday! 

Karen

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

It finally stopped raining and we were able to get our golf in this morning however the forecast is for torrential rain overnight. 

Good selection of days especially Chop Suey day, we eat Chinese food about once a month at a great restaurant on the way to Englewood, like Graham we like Chow Mein instead of Chop Suey. 

Funny quote, IMHO Frank Sinatra was a very underrated actor.

I like tuna fish sandwiches but only on toasted wheat bread.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 26

Good morning to all the Dailyites , it is a beautiful sunny day here in SW Ontario , I just inspected my garden to see if everything is growing or needs more care. 

In 2013 we were on the Oosterdam and made a wonderful New Zealand / Australia cruise all the way back to Vancouver and landed on Dravuni Island on April 18th . I noticed on the last two times when this was Port of the day there were not that many photos , so I will check if I have some here that will get through the censure board .

image.thumb.jpeg.a10fa9c51eff713027e3bd4eefe993d2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c9caff732ba6f4a116163b8c1e7182f1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4a6ca5cc301d2490f3d8bfadc6b8e322.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aa03fae68499d37111f99ed654f61055.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bc5fc48664a0dda79088181b1247f5cb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.40fa2c87383b5e0728d3f8fa7024399e.jpeg

We visited a small local school where we dropped off a small bag of colour pencils , and some pens that we were told the teachers needed and would appreciate.

image.thumb.jpeg.ef4e477d69db0732021dccb9725141d8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.143ab31d034bf2856a81f055f3ea4f58.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.26f7b0dcd3b112fdf87d8c32620e6d7e.jpeg

Than despite it being very hot I made a climb to get to the top of the only mountain with my friends , a great lookout point on the island for a gorgeous view , it was really huffing and puffing but we made it ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.36df7d51aef3ae3003c933f3ac6aa5bb.jpeg

Sorry the next couple of pictures did not pass the Board  ……….

image.thumb.jpeg.b99e920570033f6e6101748493348475.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5e01f5fabd3ce80ea75a0f2c3c6e0f3f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9aebe9112c928b60b5f7090e3b37ffae.jpeg

This was a very nice stop on this do it yourself Island .
When we got back to the ship , I had a nice cold shower , that evening we had a very special celebration because it was DW’s  official retirement birthday which we celebrated with a special dinner in the Pinnacle.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc6c61becd9ff48b794ffefa2570d891.jpeg

Have a great day everybody , best wishes to all and have a great weekend ! 

Tony 😁😁
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 7

17 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Today is my DD DSIL's heavenly birthday (she passed April 8th) so called my BIL last night and we chatted for close to an hour. We're following a similar grieving path only I'm a bit ahead of him so it's good to chat. 

Blessing to her in heaven on her birthday 🙏  

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@kazuare the tall stalks with purple and white heads alliums?  Ours aren't anywhere near blooming,

Yes they are, Gerry.  One thing the deer don’t touch.  They are early this year a the peonies are very late.  Just starting to show a smidge of a blossom.  It’s a very strange season!

• Like 22

Good morning all!

Chop Suey is probably the only Chinese dish I don't care for.  Thanks to my parents' research, we have a lot of our family history, and I'll celebrate Flag Day today.  Funny quote, I'd like the meal but only if the avocado is left out.  Both the drink and wine sound good.  We've been to Fiji but not to Dravuni.  It sounds so familiar, I think it was on our GANZ itinerary but then changed.

Roy @rafinmd I hope your tests go well today.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I'm sorry you're still having that awful cough -- hope you get over it soon!

@Lady Hudson Bon Voyage!

@DeniseT Congratulations on your successful presentation!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser I hope all goes well today for your DH's shunt adjustment appointment.

@Cruzin Terri Very glad you're almost home!  Safe drive.

Today I'm meeting BFF at our favorite place in Mt. Vernon for lunch. We always have a lot to catch up on.

Amber is doing well, she gets home visits from nurses, speech, occupational and physical therapists.  It has been a rough road, but she's doing amazingly well all considered.

• Like 23

This is my chop suey recipe for two. It's delicious. 

The name ‘chop suey’ comes from the Cantonese phrase tsap sui, which translates to odds and ends and the Mandarin term tsa sui, which means miscellaneous broken pieces. 

What is Chop Suey?

Chop Suey will usually contain some kind of meat, whether this is beef, pork, chicken or seafood, an assortment of veggies, sometimes an egg and a thick sauce. This is then served with either noodles or rice.

Zk9LtCol0Zci9ZM-_16608159640.jpeg?auto=format,compress

• Steamed rice
  • 1 cup chicken, thinly sliced (or any other meat/alternative)
  • Oil for cooking
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • ½ onion, finely chopped
  • 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 6 stems of tender stem broccoli 
  • 3 Oz, (half cup) mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 bulb bak choi, roughly chopped
  • Large handful of beans sprouts 

For the sauce:

Method:

1. Prepare the sauce by thoroughly combining the cornflour and soy sauce in a bowl. Add the other sauce ingredients.

2. Cook your rice according to instructions while you prepare the stir-fry.

3. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat before adding the garlic and onion. Cook for a minute or two.

4. Add the chicken and cook until it starts to turn white.

5. Add the broccoli, carrot and mushrooms - stir-fry for another minute.

6. Add the bak choi and bean sprouts along with the sauce, stirring until the sauce thickens.

7. Serve with rice.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 17

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

My mother made a version of chop suey . I think it was a fifties thing. We always had a dog or two parked under the table to take what we didn’t want to eat but they didn’t seem to like it either.

I think we grew up in the same house.  And I agree Chop Suey was a 50s thing.  You rarely hear of it now and I haven't been forced to eat it since I was in my teens.  

• Like 12
  • Haha 8

We often had chop suey when I was a kid, and even for American chop suey it was mediocre. However, I liked chow mein noodles, and I had some last night with a stir-fry of beet greens and tofu. They have almost disappeared from stores, but a kosher brand is still available (kosher food trends lag the country in general) and I'm having some today as a garnish on a salad.

I could make the sandwich if I had any avocado. No on the drink unless it comes with a little umbrella. For a rosé, Keuka Spring 2022 Dry Rosé, $19.99. It's made from Blaufränkisch, Zweigelt, and Cabernet Franc, so about as typical of, and unique to, the Finger Lakes as can be. "Candied cherries, wild herbs and a hint of apricot tease the palate, with enough acidity to keep the wine refreshing. Savor this on its own, with light summer lunches or with pre-dinner appetizers."

Screenshot2024-06-14at13-19-55GlasbergenCartoonsbyRandyGlasbergenforJune142024GoComics_com.png.6170f8932642928c7321c8854295f917.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Good afternoon.  We got home about an hour ago.  Everything went well, and the traffic was not bad except about the last mile or two before we turned off I-35E, but that area is always a problem.  Too many major highways entering and exiting I-35E in that area.  The trip home was even easier.  

DH and I appreciate all the good wishes for safe travel and a good appointment.  The shunt adjustment is simple.  The nurse practioner places a device over the shunt valve which reads the current setting.  Then she places another device over the valve which has a magnet that is used to do the adjustment.  (And, no, I can't adjust it with just any old magnet.)  At first, she was hesitant to do the adjustment since she felt most of the current symptoms were the result of a possible concussion when DH tripped and fell, hitting his head on the tile floor at the end of April.  However, she did the adjustment as it might help with some of the symptoms.  We also learned that concussions can take a while to get over.  We'll see how things go over the next week or so.  We have a follow up CT Scan and appointment in mid-July.  We also learned to make the follow up appointment while we were there, and we still have to wait a little longer than than a month.

Now, it's back to our normal, dull routine.  

6 hours ago, Denise T said:

Good Friday morning. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports.

I have returned from my trip to Charlotte. The conference was a great experience. Was so busy that I have not had a chance to catch up with CC. My presentation was a success as well. Met lots of wonderful colleagues. 

Today, its back to work. I have to grade final papers for one class. I start a new class next week of 20 students. I think this university where I teach is hiring less adjuncts and increasing class sizes. 

While away, I was able to make reservations for dining for my cruise on the NCL Sky in October. 117 days to go. I have read a lot of people complaining about this ship, on all cruise lines really. I am not a fancy person so, if there is food, I will eat it. I will always find something good to eat on a cruise ship. Next year will be Eurodam to Alaska. Who knows where in 2026. There could be a transatlantic. Maybe? 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.jpeg.bfb05cbd11b4da319f8a20cf86336492.jpeg

Denise, I'm glad you are home safely.  I'm also glad your presentation and the conference were a success.

5 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning to all.  We made it — on the road!! Thank you for the best wishes.  Have a great day.  Katherine 

Katherine, I hope by now, you are on your ship and enjoying a cool drink.  Have fun.

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It will get warm and muggy today with thunderstorms and winds coming later.i always get a little nervous when we get an alert from the Governor! I guess I better get myself out and about for groceries before the storms arrive.

My mother made a version of chop suey . I think it was a fifties thing. We always had a dog or two parked under the table to take what we didn’t want to eat but they didn’t seem to like it either.

@rafinmd, Roy, I hope all goes well today and that your ride works out. I am thinking of you and your DB today.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I hope the adjustment for Steve goes well and that there are no difficulties with the traffic either way,

@Cruzin Terri, I hope the drive home is uneventful. I am sure you are both very tired.

We seem to be recovering here and will have all the usual suspects for dinner.I just need to come up with something everyone will be receptive to.

@0106, Tina, I make tuna salad with avacado often  and really love the flavor.

Take care all.

Terry, I'm glad everyone is well enough to be at the table tonight.

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyties!  TGIF! I worked until 10 last night, but I did that because people asked me to call so I tagged on another hour of one of the campaigns.  However of the 4 people who wanted a call back, only had one sale, one only wanted one show (and it turns out that he lied to me when he told me the reason I had to call at night) and the "would have been" big sales that had me jumping through hoops?  They didnt bother to answer.

My "report to" boss called yesterday, (he's the one I go to when I need a job, and he finds me a campaign to work on). Since my Ohio campaign ends today, he let me know what was coming up  Turns out he will be mentoring my Ohio boss in new campaigns on the East coast, which would work well for me, but after my review from the Ohio boss, I'm not so sure that he would want me again. And if Andrew (Cailfornia) will let me work 25-30 hours, I wont need another job.  And there is the rub. I angered Andrew yesterday  So not sure he will allow me more than the minimum of 20 hours.  I did do 2650.00 in sales yesterday. ( In 3 hours)  I'd keep me.  Guess today is the day I start recreating my life again.

Good news, Scottie called Chuck yesterday.  He didnt know what he was doing when he had the stroke, but DH said he sounded good, like his normal self. He is still in the hospital but they have him doing PT and I guess he will stay in there and then maybe move to a nursing facility.  DH never asks questions.

Aqueducts, this country needs them.  We are about to go into Orange zone for air quality. @StLouisCruisersstay cool while you can!  Its going to feel like 100+ with the humidity, but no rain here.

@Cruzin TerriGlad you made it back to Jacksonville, be safe on the drive home.

@NickelpennyI have a favor to ask-Is it possible for you to resubmit the cartoon about being introverted?  Or do you remember what day it was, I need to copy it and send it to one of my bosses.

DH and I are going out for an early lunch at our favorite taco place.  But first we need to pick up cat food.  Feeding 13 is getting out of hand, and the kittens are very happy when they see me in the morning.

6ujls9.jpg

b0ae92ec7a522a3b84de8919d1600e9b.jpg

927bd141af8fa03aabcef884b663dc8f.jpg

I hope you all have a wonderful, happy, joyful day!

Annie, that is good news about Scottie.  I hope he is able to make a full recovery.  I also hope the job situation works our well for you.

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for your concern Graham.  It's good you got over your virus before your trip so you didn't have to cancel.  Is Pauline's cough better now?  Yes, they are keeping a low profile I guess you could say.  We've spoken a few times since Sunday, or rather she has and he is keeping his mouth shut for the most part. 🙂

Sandi, I'm glad The Relatives are keeping a low profile.

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I can't recall the last time I had chop suey; I've done lots of work tracing my family history and am glad I did for the sake of our grandsons.  Happy Flag Day to my friends in the south, and today's quote made me smile.

Again the sun made a brief appearance, only to be overtaken by the clouds.  I can't complain though, as the daytime temperatures are very comfortable and we don't have to use either the heat or the air conditioning.  There doesn't appear to be any rain the forecast for today, and we should have a nice temp of 23(73) by mid afternoon, which will make for an enjoyable day.  I think I'll use some time after lunch to repot the newest baskets we bought.  This morning when I looked out the front window, a large (read: huge!) jack rabbit went loping by on the front sidewalk.  I did a double take, as I thought my eyes were deceiving me, and it was a big dog, but nope, just a very big rabbit.

@rafinmdgood luck with your procedure today, and Happy Angel Birthday to your brother.

@Lady HudsonBon Voyage; have a wonderful cruise!

@Cruzin TerriI was holding my breath, wondering if you'd made it to Jacksonville and was so pleased to see you had.  I hope your drive home is an easy one.

@Quartzsite Cruisergood luck with DH's shunt adjustment today; I hope the traffic isn't too awful.

@Seasick Sailorhow is your ankle?  I'm sure if you put a waterproof bandage over it, some pool time would be good for you.

@marshhawkI can't imagine you angering anyone - sounds like the boss is the issue.

I'd like to have a mai tai - don't recall ever having one, would try the wine (I've had the Apothic red but not a rose), and will give the menu suggestion a pass, as neither of us appreciates avocado.  Normally Friday night is pizza night here, but we've been invited to our Ukrainian friends for dinner, so I don't know what's on the menu, but I'm sure there will be plenty of food and lively conversation around their table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I can believe the jack rabbit was huge.  We have really big ones in the desert around Quartzsite.  I thought I had a picture of one, but I couldn't find it.

3 hours ago, superoma said:

Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days but nothing exciting to report. But that is good when I read what some are going thru. @Cruzin Terri safe travels home. You had such an unwanted adventure. 

our ac is on because we have a stretch of really hot days coming. “Feels like” temps will be between 100 and possibly 110. That will be brutal. The city will open cooling centres and splash pads etc. the outdoor public pools don’t normally open until after June 26 or so when school finishes but who knows, maybe they will open early.

i have spent part of each day working on cleaning up my laptop. I get caught up watching the videos on it. Have found some interesting things. Pretty sure most of them are on my desktop too but need to confirm that. And I have been back in my genealogy files. One granddaughter was interested in following up and as soon as she gets a break from working we can look at it together.

i made blueberry muffins this morning and zucchini loaf. Definitely in the messy baker category and according to my floor probably kitchen klutz too!

have a good day and weekend everyone. We will be celebrating Father’s Day with both DDs and family around the pool at one DD. Will be the best place to be.

Eva, welcome to the messy bakers, kitchen klutz group.  You are in good company.

2 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

ScreenShot2024-06-14at06_54_02.thumb.png.13bc6567bf8eda91786f220ccac66aa1.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am not a fan of chop suey and I have not delved into my family history.  Angie's quote gave me a chuckle.  I might try the meal and wine but no to the drink; I have never been to Fuji.  I don't think I would want to sit watching baseball for 7 hours!! (had to look up the time)

ScreenShot2024-06-12at11_08_41.thumb.png.fab49e05cacd0cd49d05e3dfbbcd429e.png

Mornings are very pleasant here when compared with the afternoon temps.  Presently at 0730 it is 81F heading up to the low 100s.  My door stays open until around 1100 with the ceiling fans and standing fans going all day.  Then the door closes.  I keep the AC around 85 as I just hate cold blowing air.  Much too warm for most of my friends!

ScreenShot2024-06-12at16_15_14.thumb.png.80fa2c32ac4810fa1ae282eaa74cf42b.png

Lazy days of summer have hit me.  With nothing on the agenda, I tend to stay home and chill.  I am such a homebody.  But one thing I notice is my voice kind of gets lost.  I talk to "Alexa" but that is about it.  I think it is funny!!

ScreenShot2024-06-12at16_16_41.thumb.png.8753497bd47b5437e93a6adc2e541559.png

@0106 and @ottahand7 thanks for the tip about the RC!  

@Cruzin Terri I am glad you got home ok

@seagarsmoker I am so glad you are enjoying your new job!

@rafinmd thoughts for you today

@Quartzsite Cruiser safe travels to Dallas

@kazu I always close my eyes before entering the CT scan and then count the number of songs playing to anticipate when I get to get out!!

@Lady Hudson Bon Voyage!!  Enjoy!

@marshhawk I am not sure this is the meme you mean but ........ (I usually trash the memes after posting so I don't duplicate them):

ScreenShot2024-06-14at07_17_11.thumb.png.bc7e470d15b66561234a5cb4fd1d0378.png

I hope everyone has a great day.  Stay safe!

Pennie, I looked at the picture of the gear shift, and then did a double take.  

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'm not a chop suey fan. I have been researching family history, since I found the name of my birth mother. My flag flies every day. Fun quote. The meal sounds good, mai tais were my drink in college, and maybe for the wine (I've had their red). I haven't been to Dravuni Island. 

It cloudy here, but warm (75F); scattered storms this afternoon, perhaps strong. We could use some rain, unlike those in FL. I'm waiting for the HVAC person to come; my window was 10-12. Well, he just called and he has an involved AC fix and because of the hot weather coming he wants to get that done. So now it's Monday for me (my issue isn't urgent). Otherwise no big plans today. My lab results from yesterday are rolling in. The routine ones all look good. My creatinine was a tad high, but I hadn't had more than a sip of water for 15 hours. I can't drink much if I'm going to be out and about. The eye doctor did recommend a sleep mask as I have dry eyes (using Restasis and night time ointment) and have a ceiling fan going in the bedroom at night. I know I can feel the dryness from the one down here in my media room.

@Lady Hudson Bon Voyage!

@rafinmd Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DB. Good luck with your tests today.

@StLouisCruisers So sorry you have a cough now. Good idea to rest up in your cabin.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I hope the trip to and from Dallas is easy, and the shunt adjustment for DH also goes well.

@LambKnuckles Good luck with the sourdough journey. It requires patience. You'll read that a new starter can be ready to go after 7 days, but most feel 2 weeks is better.

@Denise T Great that the conference and your presentation were both a success!

@ottahand7 I hope your back won't bother you the rest of the summer.

@kazu I've had many CT scans and MRI's; some in quite claustrophobic tubes; I've learned to zone out. I'm glad you got through it, and some people have to have a light sedative. I hope the vascular surgeon visit will solve your issues.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you two made it to Jacksonville early this AM. Safe trip home and I hope your cold is gone soon.

@smitty34877 I'm glad that everyone is feeling better at your house.

@marshhawk Enjoy the extra time. I hope Andrew lets you work more hours. I'm glad Scottie is doing better. 

@durangoscots I'm sure you're glad the renovations are almost done.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanesa, I'm glad your routine blood work looked good.

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

It finally stopped raining and we were able to get our golf in this morning however the forecast is for torrential rain overnight. 

Good selection of days especially Chop Suey day, we eat Chinese food about once a month at a great restaurant on the way to Englewood, like Graham we like Chow Mein instead of Chop Suey. 

Funny quote, IMHO Frank Sinatra was a very underrated actor.

I like tuna fish sandwiches but only on toasted wheat bread.

Have a great day and stay well.

I'm glad you could get in a round of golf today.

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

Good morning to all the Dailyites , it is a beautiful sunny day here in SW Ontario , I just inspected my garden to see if everything is growing or needs more care. 

In 2013 we were on the Oosterdam and made a wonderful New Zealand / Australia cruise all the way back to Vancouver and landed on Dravuni Island on April 18th . I noticed on the last two times when this was Port of the day there were not that many photos , so I will check if I have some here that will get through the censure board .

image.thumb.jpeg.a10fa9c51eff713027e3bd4eefe993d2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c9caff732ba6f4a116163b8c1e7182f1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4a6ca5cc301d2490f3d8bfadc6b8e322.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aa03fae68499d37111f99ed654f61055.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bc5fc48664a0dda79088181b1247f5cb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.40fa2c87383b5e0728d3f8fa7024399e.jpeg

We visited a small local school where we dropped off a small bag of colour pencils , and some pens that we were told the teachers needed and would appreciate.

image.thumb.jpeg.ef4e477d69db0732021dccb9725141d8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.143ab31d034bf2856a81f055f3ea4f58.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.26f7b0dcd3b112fdf87d8c32620e6d7e.jpeg

Than despite it being very hot I made a climb to get to the top of the only mountain with my friends , a great lookout point on the island for a gorgeous view , it was really huffing and puffing but we made it ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.36df7d51aef3ae3003c933f3ac6aa5bb.jpeg

Sorry the next couple of pictures did not pass the Board  ……….

image.thumb.jpeg.b99e920570033f6e6101748493348475.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5e01f5fabd3ce80ea75a0f2c3c6e0f3f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9aebe9112c928b60b5f7090e3b37ffae.jpeg

This was a very nice stop on this do it yourself Island .
When we got back to the ship , I had a nice cold shower , that evening we had a very special celebration because it was DW’s  official retirement birthday which we celebrated with a special dinner in the Pinnacle.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc6c61becd9ff48b794ffefa2570d891.jpeg

Have a great day everybody , best wishes to all and have a great weekend ! 

Tony 😁😁

Tony, thanks for the pictures of Dravuni Island.

54 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Chop Suey is probably the only Chinese dish I don't care for.  Thanks to my parents' research, we have a lot of our family history, and I'll celebrate Flag Day today.  Funny quote, I'd like the meal but only if the avocado is left out.  Both the drink and wine sound good.  We've been to Fiji but not to Dravuni.  It sounds so familiar, I think it was on our GANZ itinerary but then changed.

Roy @rafinmd I hope your tests go well today.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I'm sorry you're still having that awful cough -- hope you get over it soon!

@Lady Hudson Bon Voyage!

@DeniseT Congratulations on your successful presentation!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser I hope all goes well today for your DH's shunt adjustment appointment.

@Cruzin Terri Very glad you're almost home!  Safe drive.

Today I'm meeting BFF at our favorite place in Mt. Vernon for lunch. We always have a lot to catch up on.

Amber is doing well, she gets home visits from nurses, speech, occupational and physical therapists.  It has been a rough road, but she's doing amazingly well all considered.

Carolyn, I never cared for chop suey either.  I think we had chow mien instead, but I prefer lo mien.  I am glad Amber is doing well, and is getting the therapy she needs at home.

448063001_318254537994544_4680423295456947629_n.jpg.35c84b779981251669884de54a7718fb.jpg

448142207_122180192774024276_5421737297787507112_n.jpg.5f78dffee410ea5d281dc0cff1303acb.jpg

448160035_3675942446054628_5754581394782610984_n.jpg.97ccba63c15bdd78eb55609e34fca66d.jpg

448197050_318856674600997_2791990401435964716_n.jpg.588e442fc9ed24549958841c1ceaa764.jpg

448311027_10161056757176704_1487748038947310289_n.jpg.9444527fd4db577b2cd897d83de857de.jpg

448205923_122120796026285296_8615170809319877628_n.jpg.dcb744976b61394b123e3c9e71f32ccd.jpg

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I think we grew up in the same house.  And I agree Chop Suey was a 50s thing.  You rarely hear of it now and I haven't been forced to eat it since I was in my teens.  

I have often thought that we grew up in the same house! We have a lot of similar experiences. As good as Joy’s recipe sounds I don’t think I could eat it. Ever!

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

Good early afternoon!  Happy Friday!  Craig put out the new flag he just bought early this morning.  I don’t think I’ve ever had Chop Suey. I have a few books on my DM’s family history that she gave me recently. Very interesting. A relative, I believe one of her aunts, wrote one of the books and even went to the small town in England where distant relatives lived and were buried. She even has some pictures.  

We have our DGD here for a while. It’s summertime and not much for her to do except get in trouble while DS and his SO are working. They caught her with a boy they didn’t want her seeing and things went south so we are trying to keep her busy. I am teaching her how to make the no knead bread she loves so much. Craig has been taking her on errands and bought her a book to read. Hopefully I can get her in the pool for some exercise. 

Bon Voyage @Lady Hudson!

Safe travels home @Cruzin Terri!

Roy @rafinmd, thinking of you today while you have your medical tests and your DB’s Heavenly Birthday. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

I keep the AC around 85 as I just hate cold blowing air.  Much too warm for most of my friends!

We keep ours at 79 which is very comfortable except when I’m cooking or baking and then I just turn it down to 78. Craig doesn’t like cold blowing air either and complains when I have it on 79. Problem is that we have two stories with the main bedroom and bathroom on the second floor so it gets hot up there. I can’t stand blowing air while I sleep so no fans and do turn the A/C down at night. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Work on the condo is finished for now..... more to be done late summer or early Fall, but I have to get that room cleared out. They did a good job of cleaning up too. Now I am back to sorting and tossing at full steam (or as much steam as I can manage). Dogs are exhausted from snoopervising.

Susan

• Like 17
  • Haha 1