WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

C 2 C

7 minutes ago, Arno. said:

I have just been notified by Celebrity cruises that I have contravened company policy by reaching out to staff to determine who is onboard.  After a number of staff complaints, according to the contact, my wife and I have been banned from sailing on any royal branded cruise ship.

Their loss!

Who is Arlo?

People think it is you.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Arno. said:

I have just been notified by Celebrity cruises that I have contravened company policy by reaching out to staff to determine who is onboard.  After a number of staff complaints, according to the contact, my wife and I have been banned from sailing on any royal branded cruise ship.

So sorry. Your posts have helped many of us over the years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arno. said:

Please say it isn't so!!!  If this was April, I'd think you were pulling an April Fool's joke...but this is 2020.  You have been such a wealth of information Arno.  Thank you for all you have contributed.    

2 hours ago, Arno. said:

What?? This is nuts!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arno. said:

unbelievable.  My other reply was censored by Cruise Critic.  It involved 3 letters beginning with W.  I'll let you fill in the blanks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately, the Zeniths are being eliminated one by one.  This is a sad state of affairs suspending the Company's two top cruisers.

I assume after a year, this suspension can be appealed.  A few years ago a top Zenith Cruiser was suspended for life because of a physical/verbal confrontation.

This scenario is far less invasive and surely can be appealed with Global Security in time.

Zenith's, beware, they have you in their sights.  This is really all about the bottomline.  When business was booming they couldn't have cared less.

Good Luck

3 minutes ago, spencerdrivecruiser said:

Unfortunately, the Zeniths are being eliminated one by one.  This is a sad state of affairs suspending the Company's two top cruisers.

I assume after a year, this suspension can be appealed.  A few years ago a top Zenith Cruiser was suspended for life because of a physical/verbal confrontation.

This scenario is far less invasive and surely can be appealed with Global Security in time.

Zenith's, beware, they have you in their sights.  This is really all about the bottomline.  When business was booming they couldn't have cared less.

Good Luck

So Zeniths are being eliminated, one by one? Pray tell us why? How are they a threat?

I don’t believe this is an attempt by X to eliminate Zeniths.

I think that something is missing here. I would love to hear Arno tell us “the rest of the story”.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

So Zeniths are being eliminated, one by one? Pray tell us why? How are they a threat?

I don’t believe this is an attempt by X to eliminate Zeniths.

I think that something is missing here. I would love to hear Arno tell us “the rest of the story”.

Totally agree. A load of bunk from the poster you responded to.  Always much more to a story hearing from both sides which we will never truly know here on this board.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Arno. said:

I can't understand why they would do something as serious as that when they know who you are , what kind of " Guest " you are ,  how loyal you have been to the Company, and that you have so many followers interested in " Who's On Board " ?  

"  After a number of staff complaints "  ????   That's where there are questions.

I certainly respect your privacy in not sharing the entire story on a social media site. 

Let's hope in time things can be worked out if you so desire. 

I brought this over from another thread. Ii fits better here.

18 hours ago, Arno. said:

It certainly is not me.  I just got banned from sailing on any celebrity or Royal branded ship for contravention of their guest conduct policy and I’m not even on a ship.  It seems they do not like my Who is aboard thread and reaching out to staff members dating back over a decade.

Quite a long-delayed knee-jerk reaction, though in some ways predictable. Perhaps through your enthusiastic hard work you became too popular with the CC community and less popular with RCI. Not every business appreciates a non-employee currying favor by providing- -dare I say - "guarded" information. Although I believe it's overkill, it is indeed their action to invoke.

I guess "Who's Not Onboard" is out of the question.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

How can a person violate the guest contact policy when not on a cruise?  

Through many/various telecommunication devices/methods....

Seeking information that Corporate Heads deems not appropriate to have disseminated by/through 'non-X' authorized sources/personnel, possibly?

This is not to say that is the reason for the ban, as I do not know or have any information to support or debunk the claim. I only know the poster from the boards. I may have seen them on a sailing, but we have yet to interact personally.

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Through many/various telecommunication devices/methods....

Seeking information that Corporate Heads deems not appropriate to have disseminated by/through 'non-X' authorized sources/personnel, possibly?

This is not to say that is the reason for the ban, as I do not know or have any information to support or debunk the claim. I only know the poster from the boards. I may have seen them on a sailing, but we have yet to interact personally.

bon voyage

Many Captains on down to the lowest members of the crew participate in Social Media and indicate where they are and where they are going.  Only once was I ever asked to not report what I had learned and was pleased to keep it private until it was publicly announced. There may be an "official" policy in place, but I can testify that it's not enforced.

Hopefully we can get back to cruising soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Orator said:

Many Captains on down to the lowest members of the crew participate in Social Media and indicate where they are and where they are going.  Only once was I ever asked to not report what I had learned and was pleased to keep it private until it was publicly announced. There may be an "official" policy in place, but I can testify that it's not enforced.

Hopefully we can get back to cruising soon.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense for a permanent ban.  Especially since The Who’s on Board thing has been around for many many years. Little late to complain about it 

22 hours ago, Arno. said:

Sorry to hear this.  So they gave you a personal No Sail Order just like the CDC? 

This thread has been here for some time. We know that cruise line reps read these boards so why is this information and how the OP accessed it a problem all of a sudden? Seems odd.

And I know for sure that the cruise lines read these boards as I got some backlash about 10 years ago when NCL Epic was being finalized. A woman at the travel company I worked with (not a travel agency) got some information about Epic including updated deck plans that indicated some changes. I relayed these changes on the NCL board and within a day NCL had somehow figured out who I was (even though my name and email address were private here) and where I worked and contacted my co-worker who told me I shouldn't have shared the information. I didn't know it was top secret since it was just a deck plan but I didn't post anything further about that topic. I have to assume that Cruise Critic turned over my personal information (email at the least) to NCL as I don't see how they could've connected me from my screenname here to my real identity and workplace. It was a little unnerving actually.

22 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

unbelievable.  My other reply was censored by Cruise Critic.  It involved 3 letters beginning with W.  I'll let you fill in the blanks.

I also posted " *****. " have to see if it was edited out