P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I let my colour grow out during first lockdown and I usually now have a short grey pixie cut but at the moment is rapidly growing into a grey bob

Michelle

Same here Michelle 

It started off dull and cold here, but has been sunny this afternoon. By current standards a busy day for us!

We started with our usual Tuesday coffee over Zoom with 3 other couples - always a good laugh. Then we went for a long walk across the local golf course and this afternoon drove to Homebase to buy batteries for the burglar alarm. I feel quite tired out 🤣🤣

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I had a disaster cutting Richard’s hair last Sunday. He set it clippers to the length he wanted and I run it down the centre from the front going backwards. The plastic protectors fell off and he ended up with a large bare strip down the centre, I had to shave it all off then. On a positive note it won’t need cutting again until the hairdressers open

Michelle

Sounds like my hairstyle!

51 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Last time I had my haircut was in November before we drove home,10 euro.Now it is getting a joke,I'm thinking of having one of those top knot thingybobs.

Now you can go for a walk with 1 person from another household, go with your barber and get him to bring his scissors... ✂️💈😊

Andy 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

I taught myself to cut men’s hair, because my husband was in the force’s I practice a lot 🤣 anyway over the years I got better done all the kids ( 2 boys ) and now my father in law which he’s getting done tomorrow along with his bushy eye brows 🥴 , the girls were very easy just cutting the fringes and length, but now I have to do all the grandchildren which I’m actually looking forward too , haven’t had a cuddle for almost a year 

• Like 7

Purdue, I hope your grandchildren aren't like my niece's daughter was when we had her while my niece went to her hospital appointment last week, she came in and instantly told us that we shouldn't hug her because it was forbidden by the Covid rules.🤣🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

I taught myself to cut men’s hair, because my husband was in the force’s I practice a lot 🤣 anyway over the years I got better done all the kids ( 2 boys ) and now my father in law which he’s getting done tomorrow along with his bushy eye brows 🥴 , the girls were very easy just cutting the fringes and length, but now I have to do all the grandchildren which I’m actually looking forward too , haven’t had a cuddle for almost a year 

Hope you can get cuddles soon 

Michelle 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Purdue, I hope your grandchildren aren't like my niece's daughter was when we had her while my niece went to her hospital appointment last week, she came in and instantly told us that we shouldn't hug her because it was forbidden by the Covid rules.🤣🤣

No josy they only waved from the garden gate when dropping things off like making us afternoon tea for our anniversary “all posh cakes and sandwiches nanny like you have on your cruises “ 🥰 and apart from dropping in on Alexa that’s it , but they all know it will end soon now and they are looking forward to us going round for a bbq and playing garden games again 

• Like 2

Morning all :classic_smile: It's a dull cold misty 1.c here today but never mind at least 

we are staying inside out of harms way whilst the NHS jabbers get to work

and what a great job they are doing, the infection rates seem to be falling ,

lets hope it continues . I don't mind foggy days (sounds like a rock group):classic_unsure:

I once turned down the chance to be a fog machine operator ,what a Mist

opportunity that was ! I just couldn't see myself doing it really .

Whatever your all doing today ,all take care and stay safe ,have a good day .:classic_smile:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

No josy they only waved from the garden gate when dropping things off like making us afternoon tea for our anniversary “all posh cakes and sandwiches nanny like you have on your cruises “ 🥰 and apart from dropping in on Alexa that’s it , but they all know it will end soon now and they are looking forward to us going round for a bbq and playing garden games again 

I hope that we all get to have hugs and cuddles soon but I know that we have to wait until it's safe.  I love that they dropped off your posh afternoon tea. 

• Like 1

As forecast, it has  gone really cold over here, with any luck may

be too cold to get out and do a bit more digging 😉  

Princess have just emailed  some "brand new" cruises  7n & 5n  but they are for Sept & Oct  - None for August ??  so building up my hopes that they

will cancel our  10th August one. 

On 3/1/2021 at 3:17 PM, zap99 said:

Not quite ready for  ....

I thought whilst the weathers cold I would have a trawl through  U-tube :classic_smile:

Whilst doing so I came across something ,that I know Zapp would love :classic_love:

Sit back and imagine your in a P&O theatre and this come on :classic_ohmy:

Personally I would rather be sat in a bath cleaning our toaster out :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Morning all.  Rainy here.  They're letting me out of hospital today thank goodness.  

Morning, Jean, and that is splendid news. Really pleased.

The beloved will have his work cut out looking after you.:classic_smile:

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Oh yes. He's magic at toasted sarnies but thats about it!

Good luck, then, but perhaps better than hospital food?

Like most men of his generation, my father (born in 1910) could't cook. My mother once had to go into hospital for a week when I was a small child and one of my earliest memories is of having cornflakes, occasionally interspersed with Shredded Wheat for a bit of variety, three times a day for seven long weary days. I haven't touched either since. A toasted sarnie would have seemed a luxury.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Morning all.  Rainy here.  They're letting me out of hospital today thank goodness.  

Time off for good behaviour Jean? It's always good to get back home, you can rest more comfortably, not get woken up at strange hours and the chef is better trained😉 Rest up and take care.

Avril

• Like 1

Good news Jean!

Now, take things steady and for goodness sake don’t fall over the dog once you’re moving round at home

Its another misty, murky day here.  We’re just in from a long ‘pavement only’ walk, so that’s it for the day

I suppose I could watch the budget speech but I don’t think I can bear it.  At least Sunak speaks well.  Some of the Cabinet do their public speaking as if English is a foreign language to them

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

I thought whilst the weathers cold I would have a trawl through  U-tube :classic_smile:

Whilst doing so I came across something ,that I know Zapp would love :classic_love:

Sit back and imagine your in a P&O theatre and this come on :classic_ohmy:

Personally I would rather be sat in a bath cleaning our toaster out :classic_unsure:

What an electrifying thought. Quite hair raising actually😲

Avril

• Haha 1