I got my vaccine! Let’s go!

cl.klink

They gave me a “COVID-19 vaccination record card,” stating “please keep this record card, which includes medical information about the vaccines you have received.” It included a sticker that indicated the vaccine manufacturer, lot, and expiration date. I presume this is the “evidence” I may need to show one day, or something like it, when society starts to open up some more and requires a kind of proof of vaccine. 

Let the process begin, and let’s get sailing again.

- Joel

8FE3B484-A73D-45CA-89FC-EECF1933B9AE.jpeg

• Like 41
  • Thanks 3

Just now, cl.klink said:

Yes - I have a sudden urge for a “drink package.”  What’s up with that?

- Joel

That is just so funny!!  Made my day.  I'll take that side effect and hope it happens on the second dose too.😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations!  My cardiologist called me yesterday and said he got his invitation on Monday.  He will get his vaccination this week.  He said he has put me on his "priority list" because of recent heart surgery and I should get my invitation in the next 2 -3 weeks.  He said it doesn't matter which vaccine I get, Pfzier or Moderna, they are essentially the same for efficacy.  I have a B2B Alaska this June on Solstice.  Let's git'er done!

• Like 4

I kind of hope I have a bit of a reaction when i get the shot.....then I know I really got it!! Ha! Will go for it as soon as it’s available for whatever category I get put in. 

It’s been interesting working with various groups trying to work through all of this on how we need to stay safe and still support our functions. 

Thankfully, we didn’t have internet to ‘share’ all the craziness when I was a kid and we were being inoculated for Polio, which we’ve defeated.

And a strong thank you to our front line medical, police and fire personnel on line here who are now finally being given a chance to be safe as they take care of us. My Dr buddy has to come home, remove everything in the garage, shower, all taking 45min to just rejoin his wife. Each day, each time he gets called in. 

DeN

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cl.klink said:

They gave me a “COVID-19 vaccination record card,” stating “please keep this record card, which includes medical information about the vaccines you have received.” It included a sticker that indicated the vaccine manufacturer, lot, and expiration date. I presume this is the “evidence” I may need to show one day, or something like it, when society starts to open up some more and requires a kind of proof of vaccine. 

- Joel

Good for you!!

Don’t you have to get the second shot before the vaccine will be effective?

Isn’t the card just a remainder for the need for the second dose?

Does the card have any security or embedded technology for counterfeiting?  Otherwise I can imagine that it would suffice as proof.  

Thank you for being a front line worker and congratulations.

• Like 1

This is one of the best thread starters we’ve seen. Thanks to all the dedicated health care workers who have provided valuable comment and information to the CC Forums. Cl.klink has officially been needled and the rest will soon follow.  

Indeed, a fascinating side effect. It does fit nicely with Celebrity’s “Always Included” offering.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, cl.klink said:

- Joel

really happy for you!! can't wait for mine!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations!  No idea when I'll get my vaccine.  I'm not in any front line health care position nor am I elderly (at least I don't think so).  In my area those are the first groups to get the vaccine.  I'll wait my turn but will be sure to be in line as soon as my number is called.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Thankfully, we didn’t have internet to ‘share’ all the craziness when I was a kid and we were being inoculated for Polio, which we’ve defeated.

This reminds me of a conversation I recently had with my dear old aunt who worked as a nurse throughout 3rd world countries.  She told me how in one area they had their doubts if the locals would take the polio vaccine.  To their delight the day the vaccine arrived there was a line around the whole village, everyone wanted protection from this hideous disease.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Good for you!!

Don’t you have to get the second shot before the vaccine will be effective?

Isn’t the card just a remainder for the need for the second dose?

Does the card have any security or embedded technology for counterfeiting?  Otherwise I can imagine that it would suffice as proof.  

Thank you for being a front line worker and congratulations.

Yes, second shot in 3 weeks. One shot gives partial effectiveness according to some reports, but the process depends on two.

The card was low tech, and I suspect could be counterfeited if one were so inclined.  Surely, no one would do such a thing.

- Joel

Edited by cl.klink

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Way to go Dr. Joel!  When is your next cruise?

I think, although the vaccinations have begun here this week, we will have to wait a while as we are not in any of the groups who get it first.  We hope for March, maybe.

Next cruise is scheduled for March 2022.  Wanted to wait a while still.  DW will not get her vaccine for a while, and as we've all been reading, will be a while until the cruising experience settles into something more like people want.  I hope that by then cruising will be closer to the kind of experience we will want.  Might consider something more impromptu sooner, depending on how everything is going.

- Joel

24 minutes ago, cl.klink said:

Yes, second shot in 3 weeks. One shot gives partial effectiveness according to some reports, but the process depends on two.

The card was low tech, and I suspect could be counterfeited if one were so inclined.  Surely, no one would do such a thing.

- Joel

Awesome.  Thanks, again.  And best of luck.