I got my vaccine! Let’s go!

cl.klink

Congratulations! And thank you for your efforts as a front-line worker! 🙂

I will be down the line a bit, I am afraid, but will get the vaccine at the first possible chance.  We have an 8/23/2021 Reflection Baltic cruise that we really hope is able to sail. 

Would be happy if my symptom was also a drink package! LOL

6 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

Haha

You should count yourself lucky that you're not in Russia !   They've been told not to drink for 2 weeks before vaccination and 42 days after !!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/15/two-months-without-alcohol-covid-vaccine-warning-draws-backlash-rebuttal/

"MOSCOW – A health official’s warning that anyone getting vaccinated against COVID-19 with Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine should give up alcohol for almost two months has caused a backlash among some Russians who call the request unreasonable."

"Anna Popova, head of the consumer health watchdog, told the Komsomolskaya Pravda radio station last week that people should stop drinking alcohol at least two weeks before getting the first of two injections. They should continue to abstain for a further 42 days, she advised."

"Her advice was contradicted by Alexander Gintsburg, the vaccine’s developer. The Sputnik V Twitter channel published his very different advice above an image of Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio raising a glass of champagne."

Looks like they will have their hands full 🙂   Those Ruskies like a good drink and it's nearly Christmas too !!

I think they knew what they recommended, knowing their fellow country men. LOL

13 hours ago, cl.klink said:

They gave me a “COVID-19 vaccination record card,” stating “please keep this record card, which includes medical information about the vaccines you have received.” It included a sticker that indicated the vaccine manufacturer, lot, and expiration date. I presume this is the “evidence” I may need to show one day, or something like it, when society starts to open up some more and requires a kind of proof of vaccine. 

Let the process begin, and let’s get sailing again.

- Joel

8FE3B484-A73D-45CA-89FC-EECF1933B9AE.jpeg

Thank you for posting! It was great to see that people were really being vaccinated. Thank you for being on the front line with treatment and prevention!

Edited by kathynorth

Good for you Dr. Joel! I have to admit being a bit jealous!

I am not in any if the priority groups in the province of Quebec, so I will likely have to wait somewhere between March and June or even a bit later to get mine. Meanwhile, I likely will have to postpone or cancel a cruise scheduled for May 2021.

This said, the vaccine is coming, and soon I will be able to hold my new baby grand-son in my arms without breaking any rules. 

Thank you for posting! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

Proof of vaccination is NOT imo going to become a requirement generally.   Government has stated clearly that there are no plans to mandate them and they are already facing lots of petitions from citizens concerned about that and concerned that coercion tactics will be used to effectively force people using that route. 

Businesses which try to discriminate people on the basis of vaccination will face costly legal battles and will simply alienate huge portions of their customer bases which in the aftermath of the devastating lockdowns and their loss of business would just be suicidal.   Clearly those who have a vested interest in promoting and selling the vaccines are trying to peddle the idea that they will be required but by and large it just is not going to happen.  Pubs and clubs will simply open up as soon as lockdowns cease.  It's up to the public to individually decide whether they want to go to such places and mingle with people, and of course we all know full well that they do and will !

Private businesses can legally require vaccinations for both employees and customers with a few exceptions (at least here in the United States anyway). Now the businesses that are going to require proof of vaccination from customers are going to be the ones where the customer spends an extended period of time or has the potential with coming into contact with lots of people like a cruise ship and potentially hotels, airlines, concerts and amusement parks. There have already been rulings in regards to businesses requiring masks so the same rule of law essentially applies to vaccinations. Customers who attempt to sue will be wasting their money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-can-employers-mandate-covid-19-vaccine-20201214-kjus5kfoaffs5asw5zed26sttm-story.html%3foutputType=amp

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

Private businesses can legally require vaccinations for both employees and customers with a few exceptions (at least here in the United States anyway). Now the businesses that are going to require proof of vaccination from customers are going to be the ones where the customer spends an extended period of time or has the potential with coming into contact with lots of people like a cruise ship and potentially hotels, airlines, concerts and amusement parks. There have already been rulings in regards to businesses requiring masks so the same rule of law essentially applies to vaccinations. Customers who attempt to sue will be wasting their money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-can-employers-mandate-covid-19-vaccine-20201214-kjus5kfoaffs5asw5zed26sttm-story.html%3foutputType=amp

I agree that private business's should be able to make most any requirement they want.  If someone doesn't like the requirements, move along.  Like local stores near me that require a mask, I comply and go about my business...I've spent less going out, that's for sure.  I miss seeing people's smiles and facial expressions, I will say that.  

On 12/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, KnowTheScore said:

Haha

You should count yourself lucky that you're not in Russia !   They've been told not to drink for 2 weeks before vaccination and 42 days after !!

Crikey! I had the vaccine about an hour ago and just started on the Botanist Gin which Celebrity introduced me too. Felt a little fuzzy afterwards but the G&T seems to have sorted it😄

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Crikey! I had the vaccine about an hour ago and just started on the Botanist Gin which Celebrity introduced me too. Felt a little fuzzy afterwards but the G&T seems to have sorted it😄

No vaccine rec'd for an excuse but maybe a liiiiitle glass of wine might be nice about now. 🍷

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

My second shot next week.  Excited to get it done. Next Cruise scheduled for January 2022. 

To quote Winston Churchill, "This is not the end, nor even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning" (or something very wise, like that).

- Joel

On 12/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, KnowTheScore said:

We got our phone call last night for vaccination at 5 pm today, so no way we can abstain beforehand.

9 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

We got our phone call last night for vaccination at 5 pm today, so no way we can abstain beforehand.

Great news congratulations. I did read that they recommend not drinking a lot before or after the vaccine in one of our dailies

Liz

Edited by emmas gran
addition

12 hours ago, cl.klink said:

To quote Winston Churchill, "This is not the end, nor even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning" (or something very wise, like that).

- Joel

Joel- I am glad you got vaccinated. I truly am!  But I hope that it is the Beginning of the Beginning for the rest of us in the last priority phases.  It seems like a long way off to me with no time line.  

On 12/16/2020 at 1:24 PM, KnowTheScore said:

Proof of vaccination is NOT imo going to become a requirement generally.   Government has stated clearly that there are no plans to mandate them and they are already facing lots of petitions from citizens concerned about that and concerned that coercion tactics will be used to effectively force people using that route. 

Businesses which try to discriminate people on the basis of vaccination will face costly legal battles and will simply alienate huge portions of their customer bases which in the aftermath of the devastating lockdowns and their loss of business would just be suicidal.   Clearly those who have a vested interest in promoting and selling the vaccines are trying to peddle the idea that they will be required but by and large it just is not going to happen.  Pubs and clubs will simply open up as soon as lockdowns cease.  It's up to the public to individually decide whether they want to go to such places and mingle with people, and of course we all know full well that they do and will !

Whether it will become a requirement 'generally" is one thing.  It almost certainly will be a requirement for boarding a cruise ship, at least until the pandemic ends and perhaps permanently as the virus is not likely to ever totally go away. The cruise lines absolutely cannot survive another disaster like the one they had before shutdown. 

Preventing non-vaccinated people from boarding does not constitute discrimination, and even if it did the lines are not US owned so are not subject to US discrimination laws.  Keep in mind you already need proof of certain vaccinations prior to boarding depending on which ports you are visiting.  There is also a huge difference between preventing non-vaccinated people from earning an income or going into a store versus boarding a non-US owned vessel for a vacation.  

As to losing patrons due to the requirement, perhaps there will be some who refuse to cruise because of that.  At the same time I suspect there will be hundreds of thousands of us who would refuse to cruise if it were NOT required.  I know I am one of them!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Whether it will become a requirement 'generally" is one thing.  It almost certainly will be a requirement for boarding a cruise ship, at least until the pandemic ends and perhaps permanently as the virus is not likely to ever totally go away. The cruise lines absolutely cannot survive another disaster like the one they had before shutdown. 

Preventing non-vaccinated people from boarding does not constitute discrimination, and even if it did the lines are not US owned so are not subject to US discrimination laws.  Keep in mind you already need proof of certain vaccinations prior to boarding depending on which ports you are visiting.  There is also a huge difference between preventing non-vaccinated people from earning an income or going into a store versus boarding a non-US owned vessel for a vacation.  

As to losing patrons due to the requirement, perhaps there will be some who refuse to cruise because of that.  At the same time I suspect there will be hundreds of thousands of us who would refuse to cruise if it were NOT required.  I know I am one of them!

Yes, anyone who thinks they will be able to travel freely in the future without being vaccinated is truly living in a bubble. They may have "rights" in their own country, but those rights don't exist when they step outside. You can be sure that many (maybe most) countries will not allow entrance without a vaccine. Covid has been just too devastating to everyone's economies to risk it.

And I am with you, I won't board a ship that isn't taking every available precaution, which includes mandatory vaccination and testing. If I am ever quarantined on a ship you can be sure I will never sail again.

I would assume if you have the "vaccine card" that you don't need to mask up every where you go.  That in itself would be worth it to me.  

"here's my card". 

Edited by PTC DAWG

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I would assume if you have the "vaccine card" that you don't need to mask up every where you go.  That in itself would be worth it to me.  

"here's my card". 

This is my dream. Inject me with anything, just please don't make me wear the mask at the gym 😅