The Daily for Friday 12/31/2021

richwmn

Good Morning Dailyites.

I sat the cats down last night and told them the truth.  It's going to be Pate for a while.  We had ended up buying  single cans for a few days, but last night we went to a different Walmart, and on the top shelf there were two large boxes of the cats brand.  If DH had not been with me, I'd still be staring up at them, but DH is 6'2 and he reached up and got 1 box.  It was Pate.  seafood.  We then went to a different Krogers, and there was one box of poultry, but  Pate.  We then went to Publix, nothing on the shelf but single cans, that were ....pate. (which we did not purchase.  there was also a sign that said limit of 10 cans per shopper. ) With 7 cats, i hope that they will eat it.  I explained to the fur babies that it was tough times, and the country had been through tough times before, and we got through it.   They almost listened,  but i noticed, no one finished breakfast this morning.

@GeorgeCharlie  Thank you so much for sharing that video, it was beautifully filmed.  DH and I saw Sissel perform with the ASO when they did Lord of the Rings.  What a voice.

This year we did get a vacation (nothing in 2020) to Sanibel Florida.  We stayed at the Moorings, shared a condo with our best friend from up north, and my bff's from Atlanta rented their own condo, but we shared dinners, and lunch and daily adventures.  We created great memories (although one of the bff's is getting dementia, so not sure how much she will remember).   We are going back in May, and in September, we are taking our first cruise since December 2019.  DH's doc did not want us cruising this year, and he said maybe not next year either, so keeping our fingers crossed.  We took two 5 day cancelled cruises, and combined them into a 10 (we did that for all 4 five days, so we have a cruise the next September for 10 days too)  And then our BFF from up north is treating us to a travel adventure with him, for our first Holland cruise-14 days in Alaska.  We all loved Alaska when we went in 2016, and have dreamed of returning.  And we are looking forward to that adventure too, so I guess my new years resolution is to keep us safe and healthy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, happy and joyful 2022.  Rich and Roy, thank you so much for all that you do for us on this site.  You give us places to dream about, and think about, and reminisce about, and you give us information to keep us in the day, with prayers, and shout outs, and updates about real people going through real struggles and real celebrations.  Graham, you give me lunch pictures, when i should be doing breakfast, which inspire me to eat a little better, and enjoy life a bit more.    Each Dailyite, is like a blade of grass that creates the basket that holds us together.  Love to you all.

new%2Byears%2Bresolution.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Happy New Year to you both.The food looks great and so do the two of you!

Enjoy your  Pinnacle dinner and the New Year's Eve  celebration.

Thank you Terry.

Wishing you and all your family a healthy and wonderful 2022.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year to all of our fellow dailyites.  Special thanks to Rich, Roy, Jacqui, and all the others who help make this all possible, day in and day out.  From recipes, wine reviews, and how to make various drinks, you can find lots of reasons for coming back here every day.   We all hope that 2022 is a great year, but then again, I worry because 2022 is pronounced Two Thousand Twenty Too.  We certainly don't need another year like that one.  Best wishes to all who enjoy this thread every day for a Blessed 2022.

• Like 28
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On Dec. 22, 2013 we stopped in Tauranga on the Diamond Princess.  The following day we would disembark in Auckland, spend the night at the Hilton located on the pier next door and fly home on Christmas Eve.  The longest day of my life!  We started the morning about 5 am getting to the Auckland airport and ended up at home in Georgia about 10 pm the same day!  Needless to say we slept in on Christmas Day, and drove north to visit family a few days later.

On that 2013 stop DH and I merely walked around the town enjoying the warmth of the people and the climate.  On Dec. 4, 2017 we returned to Tauranga on the Sun Princess, again our final port before Auckland and returning home to the U.S.  This time we decided to hike around the base of Mount Maunganui, the extinct volcano at the end of the peninsula in town.  A view of it from the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPdmzHgNCn49jOozMdyrbZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620602

Here is the visitor information center right by the ship and Mount M. in the distance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGEuM4a5qVDZhUbBa6vTEe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626358

Good information in case of an emergency evacuation due to tsunami.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4h88HVx1s5nKr6reUs7qH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620607

You start on this leisurely walk along the shore.  No hurrying here!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-yUYV5HMFLJbxVqZFU6oy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626396

The beginning of the hike.  Here it was a paved pathway.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsTI7yjRukImm0RUfUMvny?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626411

An interesting statue just off shore.  Not sure what it was though.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNEVJX5EVQZKq0GF07uD8W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626577

As you went along this circular path around the mountain the path became rougher and you had to watch your step carefully.  No one wants to trip and break a bone on vacation, right @cat shepardAnn?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7Woj0uKVc0pPnRN69DRH-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626599

The scenery was beautiful, though.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGONcrJyVXrW2f2dsU7RpP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626612

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-NFkXe8u5ZEb-6VAJj7xY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620614

As we came around the mountain we got to see the beach everyone was enjoying.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPiycEa-brsnyCjJ6NIE70?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620618

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKk1ZCH7Uzaztn6dzjVM8qA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626661

Here is one of my favorite photos.  A rock formation that looked like a kiwi bird to me.  It even had what looked like a beak on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgpOJDjMzxyCFlIkBS4ApY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620618

At the end of the hike we walked past a campground at the base of the mountain.  Looks like a nice spot to enjoy the water and the mountain.  Some hikers walked up to the top but we weren't equipped for that.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL7biWH6Fmh7gzoJFfk1oER?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626664

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8WMFH7RtVcmBiX4E28j2-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626674

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLtsJd3tb8qy6FLniNi_wTa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620631

On into the town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgiiRuYX8QwJY6uyP8r-mh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626674

And from 2013 a few more photos of the town itself.  A nice park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIeQYCtAo04u_4PFZW_5zTg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711964

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-rilfjjng4KvA6qonXMEx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711970

Everybody needs a bench now and then.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFna6o9ltzNDh_SyHkjSbk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711977

A Wi-Fi hotspot for tourists and crew members, perhaps even locals too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-T783rJOvL0D-ArPd_sjX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711981

I'm ready to go back.  Just have to talk DH into a flight to the other side of the world from us.  🤔

Nice photos with a helpful commentary of each place.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all my friends on the Daily.

Thank you Rich for all your work on the Daily for the year.

As for “Make up your mind day” I have decided that 2022 is the year that I finally learn Italian.  My preferred method is on site, but that is probably not going to happen, so I will probably use a language program.

As for today being an unlucky day, I hope not.  We had a number of them this year.  Lost my brother-in-law, for whom we were guardians for over 40 years.  He was cognitively impaired and lived with us.  We are still trying to deal with this.  I also lost my best friend of about 50 years.  She died a few days before my BIL.  Also another dear friend around the same time. So we had our share of unlucky days already.  Don’t need this one too.

As for the meal, Lobster is not my favorite, so we will pass on that.  DH is a fan, but he will have to do without.

My wish for all of you is for a HEALTHY AND HAPPY 2022.  May this scourge finally leave us and we can back to leading lives that resemble some type of normal.

Prayers for those on the cares list and Cheers for those celebrating.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Terri

• Like 31

Good morning to my Daily friends!

I have been so thankful for this site- I check every morning (and lunchtime, and afternoon, and evening...), and love seeing the updates from all my new friends.  Love the drink recipes, wines, and especially the ports of the day.  We haven't been to a lot of them, but some have been added to my bucket list (will have to convince DH that we should go there!).

I've said lots of prayers for our friends and family on the Care list, and hope in 2022 that the list will get shorter and shorter.  Maybe someday we won't have a Care list at all!  I've also raised a glass (not always wine, some times water or coffee) to those on the Celebration list.  My wish for 2022 is that we could meet some of our new friends on a BHB.  I've really enjoyed following along with our Daily friends as the cruise in this new world - thanks for being explorers in a strange new world!

Praying for good health for all in 2022, and that you may find happiness and peace in all you do!

Laura

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Happy New Year everyone and hopefully we're all looking at an enjoyable cruise-filled 2022.

Had the following video sent to me by some Australian friends - where it's already 2022.

AULD LANG SYNE by Sissel - YouTube (youtube-nocookie.com)

Cheers,

Bill & Lynne

Thank you Bill & Lynne! What a spectacular voice and video.

Happy New Year!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@ger_77You had me worried as you told your traffic stories.  Very glad you were only spectators!  Sometimes it just doesn’t matter how good a driver you are if a bad driver is sliding your way.

@kazu SEVEN pills a day - argh!  It’s good that you have an effective dosing method.  We have one feline fur child who requires thyroid medicine twice a day.  I was elated to learn that there is now transdermal thyroid medicine!  Twice a day she gets a little snuggle and her “smear in the ear”.

We’re having DH’s delicious chili today at my request.  That will be just right for the next few days as the temperature drops.  70 today, 40 tomorrow.  Brrrr.  Canadians are laughing.  🙂 

Wishing everyone a safe and happy celebration of the new year

• Like 27

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On Dec. 22, 2013 we stopped in Tauranga on the Diamond Princess.  The following day we would disembark in Auckland, spend the night at the Hilton located on the pier next door and fly home on Christmas Eve.  The longest day of my life!  We started the morning about 5 am getting to the Auckland airport and ended up at home in Georgia about 10 pm the same day!  Needless to say we slept in on Christmas Day, and drove north to visit family a few days later.

On that 2013 stop DH and I merely walked around the town enjoying the warmth of the people and the climate.  On Dec. 4, 2017 we returned to Tauranga on the Sun Princess, again our final port before Auckland and returning home to the U.S.  This time we decided to hike around the base of Mount Maunganui, the extinct volcano at the end of the peninsula in town.  A view of it from the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPdmzHgNCn49jOozMdyrbZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620602

Here is the visitor information center right by the ship and Mount M. in the distance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGEuM4a5qVDZhUbBa6vTEe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626358

Good information in case of an emergency evacuation due to tsunami.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4h88HVx1s5nKr6reUs7qH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620607

You start on this leisurely walk along the shore.  No hurrying here!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-yUYV5HMFLJbxVqZFU6oy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626396

The beginning of the hike.  Here it was a paved pathway.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsTI7yjRukImm0RUfUMvny?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626411

An interesting statue just off shore.  Not sure what it was though.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNEVJX5EVQZKq0GF07uD8W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626577

As you went along this circular path around the mountain the path became rougher and you had to watch your step carefully.  No one wants to trip and break a bone on vacation, right @cat shepardAnn?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7Woj0uKVc0pPnRN69DRH-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626599

The scenery was beautiful, though.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGONcrJyVXrW2f2dsU7RpP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626612

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-NFkXe8u5ZEb-6VAJj7xY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620614

As we came around the mountain we got to see the beach everyone was enjoying.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPiycEa-brsnyCjJ6NIE70?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620618

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKk1ZCH7Uzaztn6dzjVM8qA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626661

Here is one of my favorite photos.  A rock formation that looked like a kiwi bird to me.  It even had what looked like a beak on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgpOJDjMzxyCFlIkBS4ApY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620618

At the end of the hike we walked past a campground at the base of the mountain.  Looks like a nice spot to enjoy the water and the mountain.  Some hikers walked up to the top but we weren't equipped for that.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL7biWH6Fmh7gzoJFfk1oER?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626664

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8WMFH7RtVcmBiX4E28j2-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626674

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLtsJd3tb8qy6FLniNi_wTa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620631

On into the town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgiiRuYX8QwJY6uyP8r-mh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626674

And from 2013 a few more photos of the town itself.  A nice park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIeQYCtAo04u_4PFZW_5zTg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711964

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-rilfjjng4KvA6qonXMEx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711970

Everybody needs a bench now and then.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFna6o9ltzNDh_SyHkjSbk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711977

A Wi-Fi hotspot for tourists and crew members, perhaps even locals too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-T783rJOvL0D-ArPd_sjX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388711981

I'm ready to go back.  Just have to talk DH into a flight to the other side of the world from us.  🤔

First time in Tauranga, we went to Roturua and then we climbed to the top of Mount Maunganui, next time there, we took the walk around it, and the last time we just strolled along the beach and around the town. We also found a great little Thai restaurant there and have enjoyed a couple of times.

Some pix from the top of Mount Maunganui if I can remember when we were there for the climb.

From the climb up to the top - Volendam 2010

Tauranga - Climbing Mt. Maunganui-7.jpg

Tauranga - Climbing Mt. Maunganui-11.jpg

Tauranga - Climbing Mt. Maunganui-27.jpg

Tauranga - Climbing Mt. Maunganui-29.jpg

Tauranga - Climbing Mt. Maunganui-53.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Morning Dailyites.

I sat the cats down last night and told them the truth.  It's going to be Pate for a while.  We had ended up buying  single cans for a few days, but last night we went to a different Walmart, and on the top shelf there were two large boxes of the cats brand.  If DH had not been with me, I'd still be staring up at them, but DH is 6'2 and he reached up and got 1 box.  It was Pate.  seafood.  We then went to a different Krogers, and there was one box of poultry, but  Pate.  We then went to Publix, nothing on the shelf but single cans, that were ....pate. (which we did not purchase.  there was also a sign that said limit of 10 cans per shopper. ) With 7 cats, i hope that they will eat it.  I explained to the fur babies that it was tough times, and the country had been through tough times before, and we got through it.   They almost listened,  but i noticed, no one finished breakfast this morning.

3 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

@kazu SEVEN pills a day - argh!  It’s good that you have an effective dosing method.  We have one feline fur child who requires thyroid medicine twice a day.  I was elated to learn that there is now transdermal thyroid medicine!  Twice a day she gets a little snuggle and her “smear in the ear”.

Happy New Year to all!   I had to jump in on the cat stories.   This is my first New Year's without a cat since 2001.  My 19 year old Maine Coon passed at the end of February.  The Pate tale and the Thyroid med was part of her story.  She got so fussy at the end of her life and needed fluid that I ended up buying every pate and puree food that Amazon offered plus trying to get scarce food from the grocery.   I remember stepping up on bottom shelves to get the top shelf stuff.  She also had thyroid disease and that transdermal thyroid medication probably added more months on an old cat's life.  She had good quality of life but she was really old.   I was able to get a home call vet to come and put her down on my bed where she held court.  Travel is now taking over so no more cats for a while.   :classic_sad:  Her last Christmas.    We are having rib roast and asparagus.  I really enjoy all of your photos and well wishes! 

Kitty 2020.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone!  I know all of the Dailyites on cruises will be enjoying an extra special one today.  Thank you for all your pictures; especially the ones of the sea and the sunsets/sunrises.  They are beautiful.

Thank you to all the Dailyites for your sharing, both good and bad, and for making this thread a nice place to visit.  A special thanks go to @rafinmd, @kazu, @dfish, @cat shepard, and @summer slope for the extra efforts put into their daily contributions.  An even bigger MERCI to @richwmn for providing a calm meeting place within the storm.  Special mention goes to @grapau27 for all his lovely pics and a view into his daily life and loves.  @ger_77, your stories of life on the frozen tundra are always fun to read.  Today I am thankful that you survived both your Christmas journey as well as the icy one!

I know life isn’t set up this way, but I hope each and every one of the Dailyites a peaceful and prosperous 2022, and may all of your cruise wishes come true!

I do not understand the quote and I have made my mind up that I do not like lobster.  Okay, well maybe sometimes.  But only when my mind doesn’t tell me that I am eating a giant bug.

It has been a foggy morning and the birds are out in full force at the feeders and the bath.  I love listening to them chirping; they look and sound so happy.  They do not know there is a pandemic.

I don’t have pictures of Tauranga but here is sunrise on a past New Year’s Eve morning, right before the world fell to pieces.  I hope calm and beauty is in all our futures.  Happy New Year’s everyone!

A34A395D-1D56-45D1-A3E7-F2008937FCDE.thumb.jpeg.786642ce189e1843203d88a4a22b09e7.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just a quick "good morning" before heading out to cheerfully move snow..... I am not complaining. While the fires in eastern Colorado should be brought under control by the weather headed into the Boulder County area today, the damage that has been done is awful. Fortunately some of the evacuation orders have been lifted. And weather in other parts of the country looks equally as bad. I hope 2021 gets all this out Mother Nature's system and 2022 behaves itself.

Bandit and I plan a quiet celebration at home. Between the weather and a mistrust of other drivers, I prefer to stay in. We will watch a movie and have a simple diner as I seem to have accumulated some rather strange odds and ends of meals in the frig. May as well do a clean out and start the New Year off right. Wish I was celebrating on BHB... maybe another year.

Take care all. I am sending everyone my best New Years wishes and positive thoughts.

Susan and the Bandit

• Like 32

HAPPY NEW YEAR  to everyone on the Daily.

We have to make up our minds whether to go or to cancel our January cruises, on Rotterdam.  Love the posts and pictures from our Dailyites onboard now.    

• Like 26

From our last New Year's Eve at sea in 2019. This was taken a minute or so before midnight in Antarctic waters from Seabourn Quest while on our South Georgia and Antarctic cruise. Our last time at sea before our world changed......

Happy New Year and here's hoping for a better 2022 and healing for all those who are ailing.

Midnight New Year's Eve in Antarctica (3).JPG

• Like 30

Good morning, all! I’ll post quickly in hopes the gremlins don’t notice me and I can avoid Bad Luck Day. Posting yesterday was apparently not allowed for me. 
We hope to visit Tauranga, New Zealand on the 2023 GWV. During my fathers last years, my parents spent about six weeks a little south of Tauranga each winter. They absolutely loved it! It will be nice to visit their old stomping grounds.

DH and I will be celebrating New Years Eve at home by ourselves with a bottle of Prosecco. I will leave you with something I posted to my FB friends:

Be careful this New Years.
Years are not as robust and socially adept as they used to be.

We greeted 2020 and 2021 with the traditional yelling, noise making, and fireworks and look what happened. They panicked, bit everyone in sight, and trashed the place trying to escape. 

On December 31, leave the door open a crack and set out food and water. Retreat quietly to another room. Let 2022 come in, sniff around, and have a snack. With luck it will curl up in a comfortable corner. If it feels safe enough, it may even go to sleep.

In the morning, introduce yourself to the New Year gently. Give it lots of space and no reason to feel threatened.

The traditional approach is not working.

Happy Friday, this last day of 2021. May 2022 find you returning to your favourite BHB!

3E94D31C-6E34-49AA-ACC7-9C0C7349B7F5.thumb.jpeg.18428bf5f320590141331e72937cc43c.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 25
  • Haha 9

Well, I am sorry to say that my New Year is off to a bad start.  Jose’s lumbar puncture results are back and there is NOTHING there to help.  He’s being started on O.T. & physio to determine his “baseline”.  They think it’s metabolic encephalopathy.  Still working on it.  This does not bode well. 😢. I hope and pray that I am wrong.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 28

Good morning all and Happy New Year's Eve!

I usually have no problem making up my mind, and truly hope nobody has a day of bad luck today!

Not sure what we will be having for dinner tonight -- the meal sounds good, but I prefer shrimp over lobster so we'll probably have that.  The drink sounds good, will pass on the red wine, and have not been to the port of the day.  We always have a quiet NYE, just some sort of special dinner, wine, watch some TV, and in bed before midnight. 😄

Like everyone, I hope 2022 will be a better year for everyone.  2021 was pretty good for us, all things considered.  We were able to take a 24-day cruise and a few land trips, everyone stayed healthy, so no complaints here.  We feel blessed.  Our next cruise isn't until 6 months from now, so hoping things will be much better by then for cruising.

@kazuprayers for Jose, and I'm sorry about Marley's infection -- thank goodness the vet has an answer.

@Sharon in AZwhat a gorgeous sunrise!!

Last night I slept well, it always takes at least day to recover after having the grandsons here for a day or two (or longer sometimes).  At 6 and 8, they can wear me out pretty quickly but we adore them and any time we share with them.  Yesterday was a snow day, and we played in the snow for a few hours. Since the snow this time is extremely dry, it wasn't easy to make a snowman, but we managed to make a very small one -- and our 6-year-old proclaimed it "the cutest snowman I've ever seen".  

383880189_Shepandsnowman.thumb.jpg.c075ba10b3a45ea81a0694d7cda22fdb.jpg

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 31

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well, I am sorry to say that my New Year is off to a bad start.  Jose’s lumbar puncture results are back and there is NOTHING there to help.  He’s being started on O.T. & physio to determine his “baseline”.  They think it’s metabolic encephalopathy.  Still working on it.  This does not bode well. 😢. I hope and pray that I am wrong.

Jacqui I'm sorry the results of the LP aren't ideal since you still don't have an accurate diagnosis.  I hope and pray the assumption of metabolic encephalopathy is wrong, too.  My thoughts and prayers for you and Jose as they move forward with his care.🙏

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

Jacqui I'm so sorry to hear this. 😞  Prayers that you are wrong too, and that they find an answer soon.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Jacqui @kazu, I am sorry the lumbar puncture results were of no help.  On the bright side, if there was something horrible to be found, I am glad they were negative!  Additional prayers that time and medication will speed Jose on to a full recovery.

If it’s any help… a few years ago I missed Christmas completely due to a mystery illness.  I spent a blurry time in the hospital’s isolation unit while they treated the symptoms and tried to figure out the cause.  Santa and Christmas Carolers came round and I watched them through the windows.  When I improved enough to be released, they still had no idea what caused it.  I am fortunate in that my husband was home to find me as he usually spends most of his time on travel.  He had me scooped up and at the hospital within minutes of him coming in the door.  He may or may not live to regret that.  😜

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am sorry to hear this. Hoping further investigation will be more helpful to you both.Sending prayers and virtual hugs.

Terry

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

That is very disappointing Jacqui.

I pray 2022 brings you both good news and a solution for Jose's health issue.

Take care and stay positive.

Graham.

• Like 17

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well, I am sorry to say that my New Year is off to a bad start.  Jose’s lumbar puncture results are back and there is NOTHING there to help.  He’s being started on O.T. & physio to determine his “baseline”.  They think it’s 

Oh ugh, Margaret.  metabolic encephalopathy.  Still working on it.  This does not bode well. 😢. I hope and pray that I am wrong.

Jacqui, I so very sorry the results of the lumbar puncture are not what you wanted to hear.  And what they are thinking may be the problem is not that great either.  I looked it up, and it seems there are various causes and ways to handle it.  Sending very good thoughts that his medical team can figure things out quickly and find a way to help Jose improve.  I wish there was better news coming from the doctors.

Take care of yourself so you can be strong for Jose.  Huge ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to both of you as you begin the journey of overcoming whatever challenges the future holds.  And remember, you have a big family here pulling for both of you.

Lenda

• Like 20