What Ports do you just stay on the ship

We stayed on board in Kings Wharf Bermuda and Praia da Vitoria Azores. We were enjoying the Zuiderdam and simply didn't feel like getting off! (PdV had been a last minute swap for Delgado, where we had booked a ship's tour; none of the replacement tours were enticing.)

We did ride the HOHO bus around Monte Carlo, and then had a glass of wine and ganked some wifi at a cafe near the ship. In the future I would just drink the wine and forget the busride! At Kotor, they shortened our time ashore, and we only had time to walk into the old town, have a glass of wine (you may see a pattern), and get back on the tender. Admit we didn't give Kotor a chance and might in the future. 

• Like 1

Naples. Unless I want to go to pompeii again.

Livorno. Seen florence now and if I didn't see another church ever again I would have still seen too many.

Cannes. A day with the ship to ourselves would be just the job.

4 hours ago, DarrenM said:

, Nice Naples. Unless I want to go to pompeii again.

Livorno. Seen florence now and if I didn't see another church ever again I would have still seen too many.

Cannes, really???? Our very first port ever on a cruise was a port in which you could go to Cannes, Nice or Monte Carlo.. We went to the Nice and saw the Chagall Museum and the Matisse Museum. Later DW swam in the Mediterranean Sea, 17 years later that still is one of our best ever port days.

And to answer the original question, we have always at least checked out the port.

I/We've taken a winter Caribbean cruise every year for the past 40 or so years. Most of the islands I/we've visited many times over.  The last few years we don't even get off the ship as the ship is THE destination and the best time to be on it is when most everyone else is off.  Being from the northeast, this is our winter getaway and for us,  a 10-14 day Caribbean cruise is much less $$$ than flying to and staying anywhere in the Caribbean.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Naples. Unless I want to go to pompeii again.

Interesting selection. What ports would you say are most worth repeating?