Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@firefly333 I’m closer to the port, so welcome to the area. I get full afternoon sun from the west and beautiful sunsets. You will get morning sun with sunrises, but condo interior will be darker in the afternoons. 

I painted my condo a soft grey and like it, but I’ve found, when we are under cloud cover for a couple days in a row, that I wished I’d picked a color with a touch of soft yellow to brighten up the condo interior. The soft blue of the bedrooms and baths is even better than the grey. On sunny days I’m happy with the grey, so … both work. Had full white in a house in nc, worked for me there, but not here for some unknown reason. Guess partly the interior I inherited.

I liked the color greek villa. Check out the various sale photos of condos for sale, some are so bright they remind me of pictures of the icon of the seas, others do color blocking similar to room photos shared earlier. At least, if you find the color you paint doesn’t work once you move in, another color is easy to pick.

• Like 3

@Ozark_Kid John, thank you so much for the b'day wishes, especially those of adorable Kenzie. So much pleasure to get one from a beautiful young lady, as opposed to our 2 "macho" grandsons....😉

Also, heartfelt thanks for the wonderful wishes from so many of you --

Judy @NHProud, Graham @grapau27, Debbie @Sunshine3601, Jennifer @jmh2006, Greg @Sea Dog, OB @Ocean Boy, Marietta @DaniDanielle, @Vibe, Marian @helen haywood, Mary @MJSailors, Jane @firefly333, Karen @Keksie, Joe & Amelia @cruisingpeople, Mark @SteelCityCruiser10, Andrew @A&L_Ont, Sue @sgmn, Mark @h20skibum, George @George C, Bob @bobmacliberty, Sue @Lionesss, Bonnie @BonTexasNY, Deb @Momof3gurlz, Arzeena @Arzeena, @HBE4, Helen @FromSea2ShiningSea, @reallyitsmema, Dorothy @#55worktoplay, Lenny @lenquixote66, Sue @CrzLvr2 and @aussielozzie18.

DH cooked a nice dinner 2 days before my b'day, to celebrate also our eldest son's (Pi b'day😉).

Black (squid) pasta with shrimps...

image.thumb.jpeg.b9cb85fae9ce89eb3b846396e25d9bcd.jpeg

For my actual b'day, we went to a food stand for my favorite shawarma.... we were lucky to even find a table. It was delicious, huge portions, we took doggy bag home.

That's on the main street in our city, looks like the eighties, feels the same.

image.thumb.jpeg.f85a2a3edad9f6df2c86d48494415869.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8a35240b1e5a65ec9ce9bca64ca19eb7.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ozark_Kid John, thank you so much for the b'day wishes, especially those of adorable Kenzie. So much pleasure to get one from a beautiful young lady, as opposed to our 2 "macho" grandsons....😉

Judy @NHProud, Graham @grapau27, Debbie @Sunshine3601, Jennifer @jmh2006, Greg @Sea Dog, OB @Ocean Boy, Marietta @DaniDanielle, @Vibe, Marian @helen haywood, Mary @MJSailors, Jane @firefly333, Karen @Keksie, Joe & Amelia @cruisingpeople, Mark @SteelCityCruiser10, Andrew @A&L_Ont, Sue @sgmn, Mark @h20skibum, George @George C, Bob @bobmacliberty, Sue @Lionesss, Bonnie @BonTexasNY, Deb @Momof3gurlz, Arzeena @Arzeena, @HBE4, Helen @FromSea2ShiningSea, @reallyitsmema, Dorothy @#55worktoplay, Lenny @lenquixote66, Sue @CrzLvr2 and @aussielozzie18.

DH cooked a nice dinner 2 days before my b'day, to celebrate also our eldest son's (Pi b'day😉).

For my actual b'day, we went to a food stand for my favorite shawarma.... we were lucky to even find a table. It was delicious, huge portions, we took doggy bag home.

Dani - That food all looks absolutely delicious...especially the squid pasta with shrimps. Yum.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I like your model ship collection.  Are those all from the logo shops on the ships? 

Yes.  We've got one from every ship we've been on, including a Disney Wonder (our first) hiding with the Royal ships.  We'll be adding Wonder of the Seas this fall but the cabinet is full.  I'll need to figure something out...a good problem to have.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes.  We've got one from every ship we've been on, including a Disney Wonder (our first) hiding with the Royal ships.  We'll be adding Wonder of the Seas this fall but the cabinet is full.  I'll need to figure something out...a good problem to have.

I have one from every ship we have been on too except for our very first, Celebrity Horizon. I'm not sure if they didn't have a model then or I was just oblivious. I don't have a photo on my phone right now to post.

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Steve Harley lead singer of Cockney Rebel sadly died today of cancer aged 73.RIP.

We are currently on a 70’s music cruise and next week it’s a 60’s music cruise, talking with fellow passengers on how many of these artists have passed. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Those are really lovely. I love your decorating. I'll try and save your post. So pretty. I have a whole collection of wooden carvings very much like those on that table I've collected over the years cruising. But I love your way of displaying them.

To those who say wait to paint. Hes redoing the kitchen light. Involves sheetrocking, taping and bedding and repainting. So kitchen ceiling has to be painted. 

If he’s doing all that if I were you and you can afford it, I would just redo the whole kitchen while everything is tore apart anyway. I’m sure you will be very happy with end result. 

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Nice photos Dani @dani negreanu.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You look very good! I

And the food looks so yummy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

If he’s doing all that if I were you and you can afford it, I would just redo the whole kitchen while everything is tore apart anyway. I’m sure you will be very happy with end result. 

Hes just removing the drop down lighting. I want to pick out my own appliances and if I decide to change cabinets or cabinet doors. I trust him to remove the lighting not pick out my appliances. The lighting also in the closet at the end of the balcony where mr handy ex owner just wired another light to the original I want removed. 

I'd bet you would want to pick out your own appliances. Idk. 

Dani ,  both your meals look scrumptious.  We are so happy to see you out to celebrate . A belated happy birthday to your oldest son.  

Bethany ,  the last time I toured the White House ,  we were greeted by Barbara Bush out on the grounds with her dog Millie.  She was very gracious.

Jane , good luck today . Wishing for you a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We are in curaçao parked next to Beyond, this will be my first time in over 70 cruises that I stayed on board for the entire time. Peter Asher (half of Peter and Gordon and a big time producer ) was in the suite lounge yesterday and was in suite restaurant this morning, he recently received a trustee award at the Grammys. Looking forward to Dave Masons concert tonight , then another dinner at Le Petit Chef , had a nice dinner at Tuscan last night. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, George C said:

We are in curaçao parked next to Beyond, this will be my first time in over 70 cruises that I stayed on board for the entire time. Peter Asher (half of Peter and Gordon and a big time producer ) was in the suite lounge yesterday and was in suite restaurant this morning, he recently received a trustee award at the Grammys. Looking forward to Dave Masons concert tonight , then another dinner at Le Petit Chef , had a nice dinner at Tuscan last night. 

George I have absolutely no idea 😁who these musicians are, but I really enjoy seeing your cruise pictures, reading your posts on what you did and what port you are at. Thanks for taking us along!

• Like 4

On 3/16/2024 at 10:24 PM, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for the tips. I have put those places on my list. We are planning on spending a full day in Savannah.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:04 PM, HBE4 said:

. I have to check my CC receipt to find the name of the restaurant.

The restaurant I was thinking of is called Wiseguys in Bluffton.

https://www.wiseguyshhi.com/ 

I had the meatloaf. It's big enough for 2. Or a snack for Owen @A&L_Ont🙂

We also went to an outdoor restaurant on the water on the island called Skull Creek Dockside

https://docksidehhi.com/

For lunch, we sent to Salty Dog Cafe on the island and Calhoun Street Tavern which is on Old Bluffton, within walking distance of a bunch of small art galleries, which was a nice way of killing a few hours.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

@dani negreanu belated happy birthday 🎂🎉🥂🎁

Been away from this thread for a few days and boy have you all been chatty.  See a few other birthdays as well.  Best wishes to all.  Will add another post with our crazy, emotional weekend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As most of you heard we had a family wedding this weekend, DHs sisters son, back in NJ.  Oh my what an event.  Beautiful venue in the mountains, activities galore and only a tad over 200 guests.  Will add a few pics below.

Unfortunately the weekend was one of emotional highs and lows as his younger sister, not the one who's son was getting married, passed away on Friday morning.  Needless to say put a cloud over the wedding for the few of us that knew, kept it quiet for bride and groom's sake until yesterday.  Think we are all still in shock, she went to bed Thursday night and didn't wake up Friday, a young 59 with no known health issues.

Keep those you love close, nobody knows what tomorrow brings.

Now for the fun stuff

The venue

20240316_151748.thumb.jpg.5147445ed687768e788596abeb49c936.jpg

The ceremony, sun was setting behind them

20240316_1729182.thumb.jpg.48e57a46b35d7c60c422b2993320b1c1.jpg

Jim with his mother

image.thumb.jpg.4d76c8b6acc52d51803062c3e08828fa.jpg

The late night after party venue.  Got my green toes in there

20240316_231929.thumb.jpg.0de1b18c9bfddd3be8e936ab967f1b0b.jpg

One of the professional photos

FB_IMG_1710710806636.thumb.jpg.cfd77bae205f7d9adc4617085bfc1b9b.jpg

• Like 26

26 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

George I have absolutely no idea 😁who these musicians are, but I really enjoy seeing your cruise pictures, reading your posts on what you did and what port you are at. Thanks for taking us along!

My wife knows all these musicians, I grew up in the 60’s , loads of these guys are in suite lounge daily and I don’t know who most are except for the big names and the ones we have seen in the past . Shelagh took a couple of photos today, had a great time talking to one of the barmaids in suite lounge this morning a very charming girl from Mexico City , service there is outstanding.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

The restaurant I was thinking of is called Wiseguys in Bluffton.

https://www.wiseguyshhi.com/ 

I had the meatloaf. It's big enough for 2. Or a snack for Owen @A&L_Ont🙂

We also went to an outdoor restaurant on the water on the island called Skull Creek Dockside

https://docksidehhi.com/

For lunch, we sent to Salty Dog Cafe on the island and Calhoun Street Tavern which is on Old Bluffton, within walking distance of a bunch of small art galleries, which was a nice way of killing a few hours.

Thank you I will add this to my notes.

45 minutes ago, akcruz said:

As most of you heard we had a family wedding this weekend, DHs sisters son, back in NJ.  Oh my what an event.  Beautiful venue in the mountains, activities galore and only a tad over 200 guests.  Will add a few pics below.

Unfortunately the weekend was one of emotional highs and lows as his younger sister, not the one who's son was getting married, passed away on Friday morning.  Needless to say put a cloud over the wedding for the few of us that knew, kept it quiet for bride and groom's sake until yesterday.  Think we are all still in shock, she went to bed Thursday night and didn't wake up Friday, a young 59 with no known health issues.

Keep those you love close, nobody knows what tomorrow brings.

Now for the fun stuff

The venue

20240316_151748.thumb.jpg.5147445ed687768e788596abeb49c936.jpg

The ceremony, sun was setting behind them

20240316_1729182.thumb.jpg.48e57a46b35d7c60c422b2993320b1c1.jpg

Jim with his mother

image.thumb.jpg.4d76c8b6acc52d51803062c3e08828fa.jpg

The late night after party venue.  Got my green toes in there

20240316_231929.thumb.jpg.0de1b18c9bfddd3be8e936ab967f1b0b.jpg

One of the professional photos

FB_IMG_1710710806636.thumb.jpg.cfd77bae205f7d9adc4617085bfc1b9b.jpg

Im so sorry to hear this. What a mixture of happiness and sadness. My thoughts are with everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1