The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 31st, 2022

richwmn

10 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  Dailyites. Thank you so much for the prayers and good wishes  for our family. Roy  @rafinmd I appreciate  being included on the care list,thanks. We are managing so far although DH and Tana  seem to have more complicated symptoms.

A very special thank you to so many:  @TheKingD, @ger_77@durangoscots, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @marshhawk, @JazzyV@bennybear, @Seasick Sailor@StLouisCruisers@AncientWanderer,   @mamaofami@grapau27, @srdancer @Cruzin Terri and  @Cruising-along. I hope I remembered everyone. 

We have been to Haines,like the recipes and always celebrate Mutt or any type of Dog day here.

Terry

So sorry to hear Tana and DH are having a harder time with their symptoms.  I'm sure you are feeling pretty tired while fighting this virus too.  Rest whenever possible.  Prayers for all of you!

6 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

The flowers in my post are not from Haines. I wa not able to delete the pictures.

That's okay!  The flowers are beautiful and I enjoyed looking at them.  

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Usually our schools in England go back the first week in September.

In Scotland it is usually 2 weeks earlier in mid August.

I hope your leg pain has eased and hopefully gone Sandi.

Graham.

So pretty much the same as here.  In this country school was always started around the first week of September but as the decades have gone by a majority have moved it up to August so they can spread out school breaks during the year.  It would have been too hot in August for me when I was in school because we didn't have AC.  Now most schools have AC, I think.  

No change in leg pain unfortunately.  I'm living with it until we find a cause.

4 minutes ago, GTVCRUISER said:

Happy Sunday 🙂 

Skagwayyellowtruck (2).jpg

skagwaygaryfrontredonionbest1yet.jpg

skagwaytrainandyelloerides19.jpg

skagwayshipsclosegtv.jpg

Beautiful photos of Skagway!  Nice to see the snow topped mountains against a clear blue sky.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

As a MD teacher, I feel school starts on Labor Day and ends on Memorial Day, regardless of what the official school

calendar says.  This year, Baltimore county opens 8/29 (the week before Labor Day) and ends 6/21.  There is a week break near the Christmas and Easter holiday.  Students are required to be in school 180 days.  

If school starts in August, when do students get out?

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, a program reminder.  The Nieuw Statendam is on Mighty Cruise Ships tonight on the Smithsonian Channel.  I’m recording it to watch on a larger screen.

We really would love to see Mighty Cruise Ships but it is on at the same time as CNNs Patagonia. 😥 We don't have a DVR.  I guess we can flip channels during the ads. 

Today is going to be sunny and muggy.  We will probably fish if the wind doesn't pick up.  John is heading out right now.  Yesterday flew by and I never did my manicure but I downloaded all photos remaining on my memory card and dated and labeled them.  Today's recipe looks great.  It has ingredients we always have in the house.  Thanks @0106fir for the recipes.  The cocktail would be great minus the mint.  I have been to Skagway September 2016 on my first HA cruise.  We rode horses but my photos are in my laptop.   

Thank you for the Daily Reports @richwmn. Prayers for all on the care list, especially for those battling COVID and the people of Ukraine. 🙏

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

I guess I have to celebrate Mutt Day 😉 even though I was depressed by our setback yesterday.  My fault.  Going out I wanted her contained and put her in the kennel.  NO Way was she going in.  I think she thought she was being shipped again and was very stressed out.  I was back to carrying her in the house 😔  and she was too upset to try to get the harness on her I went out to buy 😢. Hopefully I gaged the fit and can try today.

188D8B24-95D4-4033-B685-410F2E5AE51C.jpeg.b4f4f0bda5b73902d0bce3358e50ce05.jpeg

LOL on today’s quote.  Tina, @0106I love the stories/history you do on the different meals!

@smitty34877I’m not sure what happened to my post yesterday - I was probably too distracted to see it didn’t take.  So sorry to hear you are all positive and am very concerned for Tana & your DH. 🙏🏻  Please take care of yourself as much as possible while you are attempting to take care of the others.

@rafinmdRoy, although I am very sad today, it is 3 months since Jose died and I don’t think it’s right I remain on the Care rotation list.  It’s going to take a lot of time to heal and I’m not strong but I feel like I shouldn’t be monopolizing it & should be removed.  Thanks.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a a toast to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Sunday everyone !!!!!

D961887E-CF29-42E7-BA27-4C0BB686746C.thumb.jpeg.37a5037bc506c18689b1ab778c79c45e.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 0106 said:

As a MD teacher, I feel school starts on Labor Day and ends on Memorial Day, regardless of what the official school

calendar says.  This year, Baltimore county opens 8/29 (the week before Labor Day) and ends 6/21.  There is a week break near the Christmas and Easter holiday.  Students are required to be in school 180 days.  

If school starts in August, when do students get out?

I checked school schedules and our district which starts this Wednesday Aug. 3 has their last day May 26.  At DD's district (she's a teacher too) the students begin classes Aug. 17 while the teachers start work Aug. 10.  Their last day of school is May 25.

DS lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan (he's a professor) and I was surprised to see their district is beginning school Aug. 29 and ending June 9.  They have always started school the day after Labor Day and this is the first time I've seen an Aug. date.  Usually they end classes around June 15 when they start after Labor Day.  This seems odd because DS recently told us their oldest will have high school graduation on Friday night May 26, 2023.  How do they have classes until June 9 and yet let the seniors graduate May 26?  I'll have to ask DS if he knows the answer to that.

14 minutes ago, ClippyJoe said:

Stlouiscruiser,0106, Oklahoma schools start early also. Some are going back on the 11th of August,most on the 18th. They end classes by Memorial Day. I always think that summer is not over until Labor Day.

I agree about summer doesn't feel like it's over until Labor Day.  I suppose your schools have AC since it's pretty hot in Oklahoma in August.  So far our Georgia schools start the earliest!

• Like 21

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

I guess I have to celebrate Mutt Day 😉 even though I was depressed by our setback yesterday.  My fault.  Going out I wanted her contained and put her in the kennel.  NO Way was she going in.  I think she thought she was being shipped again and was very stressed out.  I was back to carrying her in the house 😔  and she was too upset to try to get the harness on her I went out to buy 😢. Hopefully I gaged the fit and can try today.

188D8B24-95D4-4033-B685-410F2E5AE51C.jpeg.b4f4f0bda5b73902d0bce3358e50ce05.jpeg

LOL on today’s quote.  Tina, @0106I love the stories/history you do on the different meals!

@smitty34877I’m not sure what happened to my post yesterday - I was probably too distracted to see it didn’t take.  So sorry to hear you are all positive and am very concerned for Tana & your DH. 🙏🏻  Please take care of yourself as much as possible while you are attempting to take care of the others.

@rafinmdRoy, although I am very sad today, it is 3 months since Jose died and I don’t think it’s right I remain on the Care rotation list.  It’s going to take a lot of time to heal and I’m not strong but I feel like I shouldn’t be monopolizing it & should be removed.  Thanks.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a a toast to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Sunday everyone !!!!!

D961887E-CF29-42E7-BA27-4C0BB686746C.thumb.jpeg.37a5037bc506c18689b1ab778c79c45e.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

Thank you for your concern  Jacqui. I am sorry you and Shadow had a setback and hope for a good day today. The three month anniversary  of Jose’s passing has to be very difficult. I am thinking of all three of you today.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Daily family!

I'm early today so I can get out to church soon.  Not an avocado fan, but like watermelon and mutts.

We were in Skagway a while ago and did the White Pass Railroad.  On our last cruise (Maasdam 2019) we went to Haines and enjoyed the sights. 

0140a.thumb.JPG.57c13372131af34336178704f285eb67.JPG

We visited the Hammer Museum (yes, a museum dedicated to hammers!)..

0145.thumb.JPG.0bb262f10c8c60ec2bd01a3fa1996376.JPG

0149.thumb.JPG.6289825a13adec10dc894ca50d48e020.JPG

We then walked over to the Haines Brewery to try their local beer (very nice!), and then to the Haines Library (since I work in a library, that's a usual stop in most ports!) 

0153.thumb.JPG.231a85d9aa714b5127553bf90496fa73.JPG

0156.thumb.JPG.de74eca70f27485fc8314e096d241420.JPG

Haines was a very nice small town, and I'm glad we got to visit it.

0157.thumb.JPG.6dfce51a4138ee5e3d6a54141d12351c.JPG

We're just about packed for our cruise on Wednesday....have to do the Covid at home testing on Monday, then flying to Boston Wednesday morning to join the Nieuw Statendam for 24 days!

Prayers for all in need, especially those with Covid.  Cheers for all celebrating (I'll lift a glass on Wednesday!!)

Take care,

Laura

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I think mutts make great pets and are much less demanding than purebreds.  I'll leave the avocados in the store for the rest of you, but have always enjoyed a good slice of watermelon.  Today's quote gave me a good chuckle - it might be me!  It would be great to have one of the drinks of the day on a hot summer's day; it sounds very refreshing.

We're into our second day of grey skies and intermittent rain - a welcome relief from the heat of the past few days.  The people who are camping this long weekend however, aren't going to be as happy with it as some of us are.  Because it's cool and rainy, we've got the windows closed on the deck, so I think I'll spend a good portion of the day out there knitting the little blankets, as they have to be dropped off to the collection point in a couple of weeks.  I've got 36 done so far and hope to have another 12 finished by the time I have to drop them off.  

@StLouisCruiserswe also have a 180 day school year but ours begins Sept 1 and goes through until June 29th.  There is a 2 week long break over Christmas/New Year, as well as a 1 week break in February and 1 week at Easter.  

@smitty34877sorry to hear your DH and Tana are having a rough time; hopefully their symptoms will ease soon.

@kazua sad day for you - know you are in my heart as you make your way through today with Shadow.  I'm thinking extra wine will be in the plans for tonight.

I like today's menu suggestion, but have already decided on tonight's menu - we'll be having lemon/garlic pasta with shrimp and tossed green salad for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra for the people of Ukraine and all who continue to support them.  We'll clink the glasses together to remember Jose and to celebrate all on the happy list.  Be safe, wear masks when you need to, get your boosters and stay well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone. Not sure I like today’s quote. If it’s accurate, we have a great many people with mental health issues.

Yesterday I had a wonderful afternoon with friends at our community pool. Tonight I’m heading to the clubhouse for a show. Tomorrow’s I’m supposed to have lunch with an old friend who  is up,from Florida. She has been taking the bus back and forth from NYC to NJ and with covid rates up in NJ I’m hoping the weather will cooperate and we can eat outdoors. 
I have a good friend here who is 97 and got covid  when she returned from Florida. She was in the hospital for 2 weeks and then rehab. It’s become a scary illness.

Terri, I’m hoping your family recovers very quickly. Jacqui, I’m sure you and Shadow will figure out how to navigate together.

Prayers for everyone on our lists.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good morning frm a cloudy and breezy central Texas.  This will be q quick post to share the pictures of Haines I posted on May 17, 2021.

@rafinmd  Roy, 20 years after you arrived in Haines on the Matanuska, we took that ferry from Haines to Prince Rupert, Canada.  I included some of my pictures from the ferry.  There was a article on one of the newsfeeds yesterday by someone who took the Matanuska from Juneau to Ketchikan.

I finally had a few minutes to go through my pictures of Haines.  The only digital ones were from our stay in 2011 while we waited for the ferry to take us to Prince Rupert in BC.  The first couple of days we were there, it was cool and rainy.  As per our usual luck, the day we left, the sun came out.  Most of the pictures with the sun were taken from the ferry dock or from the ferry.

Driving to Haines from Haines Junction, the road follows the Chillkat River and goes through the Bald Eagle Preserve.  You also pass the road to Porcupine Creek and the original claims featured in the early seasons of Gold Rush.  Since we were in our motorhome, we did not venture down that road.  Maybe someday.  As of 2010, the town or Haines between 1700 and 1800 population, and it is not geared to tourists like Skagway.

These are just scenes of town.

P1030644.thumb.JPG.f5be58f69d0fd7a9e5e01dcebbc21b5a.JPGP1030645.thumb.JPG.ad7baf61ab72aa5e7205941ba2815bab.JPG

P1030647.thumb.JPG.fe93bbed8cef1aca6365b638ba2f99e4.JPG

What a difference the sun makes!

P1030651.thumb.JPG.f9c2139e44cfd1dd9c3dcbc02e1ac406.JPGP1030653.thumb.JPG.bca67e6df470e3c6a4572358565a9d79.JPG

P1030654.thumb.JPG.28b4522343773ada30ad92febbc67ba4.JPG

P1030658.thumb.JPG.85005e52bfed92a0085977d3ac1d7301.JPG

P1030659.thumb.JPG.1de8e41af917c65b69883241d87294dc.JPG

I thought I'd add some pictures of the Matanuska, which is nice, but no BHB.  We managed to get a cabin that had three bunks.  The cabin also had two windows that overlooked the crew deck.  Had to be careful when the curtains were open.  You are not allowed to stay in your rv or car, but can go down to the car deck when the ferry is in port.  Most people either sleep in the lounge, or in sleeping bags on deck.  There is a covered area on the top deck that is heated.  There is a buffet/snack bar that is ala carte and decent enough. 

P1030660.thumb.JPG.db8fca0a29e4a080ad27aa0fd116a77e.JPG

P1030668.thumb.JPG.4d001ea5d61298beb546c3e67e2136de.JPG

P1030694.thumb.JPG.bacbbb7a7f0d7bfe602d2d8f57b54456.JPG

Lenda

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning from a sunny and warm day at the beach

I do like watermelon, especially cut in bite sized chunks. Very refreshing on a warm day. Avocados are OK, DH really likes them. 

Our little trip on the river was great fun. Our friends have a pontoon boat and they are very generous with taking us out. During the pandemic, it was our only outing. Last nite, DH threw some ice into the water and it was like watching twinkling stars. So amazing!

@kplady Have a wonderful trip! I will be following along on the thread by Btimmer. We are booked on the same cruise next year but it is on the Zaandam. 

@ger_77 That is amazing about all the blankets you are knitting. My sister does something similar with her knitting group in Massachusetts. They have different projects, sometimes it is hats and mittens, scarfs or blankets. Very generous and worthwhile project !

Swimming today and that is about it.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Bright sunshine this morning but oh, the rain last night.! And it came just as I was about to walk the dogs for their final outing. Had to wait up to empty the dogs as the rain was fierce and there was lots of lightening and thunder. I am a bit groggy this morning since it was a late bedtime for me. Won't have to turn on the sprinklers for awhile. The dogs, of course, wanted up at the usual breakfast time.

I will happily celebrate all 3 days. And I love the Rita Mae Brown quote. I enjoy her books although I am behind on some series. They are on the Kindle as travel reading. Right now I am sorting through books on the shelves in my 2nd bedroom... time to scale back. I take some to the thrift store, some to the library, and a very few to a book dealer. And the shelves are still full.

We have more Covid cases in the county and I am hearing of people are their second and even third rounds. I begin to think there is no escaping it - ever. 

Susan

• Like 28

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Funny quote today, nice way to start the day with a laugh.

I'm not wild about avocados but we eat a lot watermelon and cantaloupe.

I like Pasta Carbonara.

Already have been to Publix for a banana run, came home and took a bike ride. 

We've been to Skagway and took a ride on the White Pass Railroad, good trip with great scenery.

One week to go as we sail on the Equinox next Sunday.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Have  a wonderful cruise  and  stay  safe.

Jim.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning again.  Most of our clouds have disappeared until later this afternoon.

Our three granddogs were mixed  breeds.  We like avocados and watermelon.  So we'll celebrate all the days.

The quote is interesting.  I enjoy Rita Mae Brown's Mrs. Murphy series and her Sister Jane series.

The meal is one I enjoy on BHBs, but I won't be making it.  @0106  Tina, thanks for your hard work to give us the recipes and the background information.  I like mojitos and usually the variations don't appeal to me, but I would like to try the strawberry lemonade mojito.  We'll pass on the wine.

The schools in our small town will begin classes on August 17, a Wednesday, but the athletes and band will begin practice tomorrow.  The last day of school will be May 26, 2023.  When we were in school, we started the Tuesday after labor day and ended sometime the week after Memorial Day.  When schools wanted to add more days off during the school year and still needed to keep the required 180 class days, the beginning of school was moved to early to mid-August.

@Crazy For Cats  Wow, a $2,000 repair bill!  I hope it was for more than adding coolant to the system.

@cat shepard  Loved today's meme.

@1ANGELCAT  Enjoyed the pictures even if they are not from Haines.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry Tana and your DH are having a more complicated battle with Covid.  I hope the antiviral helps them feel better soon and there is no rebound infection.

@ottahand7  Never fear about missing either Patagonia or Might Cruise Ships since both episodes will be repeated either later tonight or during the week at different times.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry you had a set back with Shadow, but I'm not surprised after her international travels.  Hopefully, over time, she will come to realize being in the crate will only be for a short time and that you will return.  Time, patience and bottles of wine will be needed while gaining Shadow's trust.

@ger_77  Gerry, good news that you have cooler weather and needed rain.

@durangoscots  Susan, I'm glad that Colorado is getting much needed rain even if it keeps you and the dogs up later.

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good Morning, Dailyites!  Thank you to everyone here for making this a place of sharing and caring.  Cheers to those celebrating and hugs to those on the care list.

I have been laying low this week because of some news I received that just totally bummed me out.  My very best friend growing up lost her husband last weekend and it really hit home.  We were each other's honor attendants (her only and my first wedding) and even tho we don't communicate as much as we should, we can pick right up just like miles and years have melted away.

OK, enough of my sad story.  On to Haines.  We were there on July 1, 2019, during our 21-day Alaskan cruise on Maasdam which was round trip from San Francisco (wonderful cruise).

Here's a video taken from our balcony

Welcome sign and a shore excursion "window"

DSCF3973.thumb.jpg.491420de85c5d50e287ec3f87cb52a99.jpg

DSCF3974.thumb.jpg.bd2c407843456650498520ba5771ef4b.jpg

The welcoming committee of one

DSC00847.thumb.jpg.ad5dce1b7449b0a3efd5f93796769ccc.jpg

They have a hammer museum -- who would have thought!  We did not go.

DSC00851.thumb.jpg.26f3ecdff257f07b927fce9bc3e187f7.jpg

For the Garden Club

DSCF3976.thumb.jpg.6d35581016c41d1ad6f60d39d3ca4bc2.jpg

DSCF3977.thumb.jpg.ad3df1e3d23887ac710b33628665b8a2.jpg

OK, now for some food porn.  Just had to have at least one more fried Halibut sandwich 😍

DSCF3980.thumb.jpg.e74964d5c7075cbfa66356849924b68a.jpg

DSCF3979.thumb.jpg.0bb76917df63745292568c806a3d1628.jpg

DSCF3982.thumb.jpg.1805232cb12e5816f52c80873c5e8e31.jpg

Maasdam on our walk back

DSCF3981.thumb.jpg.1891d194569cce2a925feff62b7186af.jpg

A hearty Alaskan and his daughter taking a dip - burrr!

DSCF3983.thumb.jpg.4a38a4830d2de7034c27ed3f5e6d4845.jpg

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Kay

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

Bright sunshine this morning but oh, the rain last night.! And it came just as I was about to walk the dogs for their final outing. Had to wait up to empty the dogs as the rain was fierce and there was lots of lightening and thunder. I am a bit groggy this morning since it was a late bedtime for me. Won't have to turn on the sprinklers for awhile. The dogs, of course, wanted up at the usual breakfast time.

I will happily celebrate all 3 days. And I love the Rita Mae Brown quote. I enjoy her books although I am behind on some series. They are on the Kindle as travel reading. Right now I am sorting through books on the shelves in my 2nd bedroom... time to scale back. I take some to the thrift store, some to the library, and a very few to a book dealer. And the shelves are still full.

We have more Covid cases in the county and I am hearing of people are their second and even third rounds. I begin to think there is no escaping it - ever. 

Susan

A doctor on the news  this morning stated what we have now is the new strains of Covid are not covered by the original shots and boosters.  Moderna is working on a new vaccine to fight the new strains but the problem is by the time the new vaccines arrive there will be newer strains. I think you are right that Covid is here to stay with the hope now being that each new strain will be weaker than the last with Covid  eventually becoming just like the regular seasonal flu.

Edited by MISTER 67
ed
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good morning all!

I'll pass on the avocado and watermelon, sometimes mutts can be better pets than purebreds.  I take the quote with a bit of humor, would love to try the wine and the drink sounds very good.  Will pass on the meal.  I think tonight will be take-out, maybe a big salad.  It will be another hot day. 

Tonight our tall and strong DSIL is coming with DD and the DGSs to help move a mattress downstairs and a new mattress upstairs.  It's for the guest room, we're replacing that mattress.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisersI checked the school calendar for the grandsons here, and they will start school on August 31 this year.  This is the earliest ever, it's always been after or closer to Labor Day.  I couldn't find out when school ends, but usually it's been around the middle of June. Summers here don't really start until we're into July, so it has worked out well.

Terry @smitty34877more prayers for your family as you deal with Covid.  Especially Tana and your DH.

Jacqui @kazusending hugs to you on the 3-month anniversary of losing Jose.  

I'm confident you will have Shadow at ease sooner than later, it's no surprise she is so leery with her past.

Kay @kb4683I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your good friend's DH.  

My photos from Skagway are all from the White Pass Railroad tour we took.

523869707_viewfromthetrain.jpg.231a316a69dd0ac3c8698d18125f4436.jpg

trees.jpg.d8ee66abefa739500102152871959c7b.jpg

251398275_mountainsfromtrain.jpg.1077fe1d1671becd5a4b287ab3655655.jpg

1433756787_mountainsandtrees.jpg.a780ed4bc1cd18cfec58f8a4851adfa7.jpg

Coming up to a bridge we crossed.  

1232272668_bridgewellcross.thumb.jpg.e9503b24f1e502754a5ad4a093fa8495.jpg

This bridge is over 120 years old.  Thankfully they stopped using it in 1969.

831569664_bridgebuiltover120yearsago.jpg.52175f1243d33a5886e0be8fdb221005.jpg

Another train seen from our train.

99140566_anothertrain.jpg.8cbd87c1e4bb3913b23b2a87aa757da5.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, kplady said:

Good morning Daily family!

I'm early today so I can get out to church soon.  Not an avocado fan, but like watermelon and mutts.

We were in Skagway a while ago and did the White Pass Railroad.  On our last cruise (Maasdam 2019) we went to Haines and enjoyed the sights. 

0140a.thumb.JPG.57c13372131af34336178704f285eb67.JPG

We visited the Hammer Museum (yes, a museum dedicated to hammers!)..

0145.thumb.JPG.0bb262f10c8c60ec2bd01a3fa1996376.JPG

0149.thumb.JPG.6289825a13adec10dc894ca50d48e020.JPG

We then walked over to the Haines Brewery to try their local beer (very nice!), and then to the Haines Library (since I work in a library, that's a usual stop in most ports!) 

0153.thumb.JPG.231a85d9aa714b5127553bf90496fa73.JPG

0156.thumb.JPG.de74eca70f27485fc8314e096d241420.JPG

Haines was a very nice small town, and I'm glad we got to visit it.

0157.thumb.JPG.6dfce51a4138ee5e3d6a54141d12351c.JPG

We're just about packed for our cruise on Wednesday....have to do the Covid at home testing on Monday, then flying to Boston Wednesday morning to join the Nieuw Statendam for 24 days!

Prayers for all in need, especially those with Covid.  Cheers for all celebrating (I'll lift a glass on Wednesday!!)

Take care,

Laura

Your cruise sounds fantastic Laura.

Prayers 🙏 everything goes to plan for Wednesday and your cruise is awesome.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning again.  Most of our clouds have disappeared until later this afternoon.

Our three granddogs were mixed  breeds.  We like avocados and watermelon.  So we'll celebrate all the days.

The quote is interesting.  I enjoy Rita Mae Brown's Mrs. Murphy series and her Sister Jane series.

The meal is one I enjoy on BHBs, but I won't be making it.  @0106  Tina, thanks for your hard work to give us the recipes and the background information.  I like mojitos and usually the variations don't appeal to me, but I would like to try the strawberry lemonade mojito.  We'll pass on the wine.

The schools in our small town will begin classes on August 17, a Wednesday, but the athletes and band will begin practice tomorrow.  The last day of school will be May 26, 2023.  When we were in school, we started the Tuesday after labor day and ended sometime the week after Memorial Day.  When schools wanted to add more days off during the school year and still needed to keep the required 180 class days, the beginning of school was moved to early to mid-August.

@Crazy For Cats  Wow, a $2,000 repair bill!  I hope it was for more than adding coolant to the system.

@cat shepard  Loved today's meme.

@1ANGELCAT  Enjoyed the pictures even if they are not from Haines.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry Tana and your DH are having a more complicated battle with Covid.  I hope the antiviral helps them feel better soon and there is no rebound infection.

@ottahand7  Never fear about missing either Patagonia or Might Cruise Ships since both episodes will be repeated either later tonight or during the week at different times.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry you had a set back with Shadow, but I'm not surprised after her international travels.  Hopefully, over time, she will come to realize being in the crate will only be for a short time and that you will return.  Time, patience and bottles of wine will be needed while gaining Shadow's trust.

@ger_77  Gerry, good news that you have cooler weather and needed rain.

@durangoscots  Susan, I'm glad that Colorado is getting much needed rain even if it keeps you and the dogs up later.

Lenda

I have the whole Mrs. Murphy series ready to pack for our November cruise. 

• Like 13

Oh my what a beautiful day with ever ending beauty. Tonight after a day of the Highlands, Ben Nevis, Eilean Donan Castle we are staying in Skye. Had some minor itinerary changes due to ferry schedule changes. No problem as it was a full day of Kodak moments. Headed for dinner soon as is always a delight.

The white building is our lodging with gorgeous loch views.

Thanks for the report and postings.

image.thumb.jpeg.c087d53fc1f6cf36692442994e55e279.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3123e59a66ae272b409029fad2dd0293.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9caf5cef64e4ad0a79090d5282798bf3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e96503fe702dc7b2c6ab2d4125c4413a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.620a1ba27f24ace3cf3087a25f377627.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.24e3e3a9157e2670dd43ebb42e50f58e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.129f295b6af43d1f1e8ff840d7ed03fb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.70c2d7b472c3d5e3ba0bcd785b1fb7b5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.470911ad010f436b1e70adbcf8abfba2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bb46de277dfa2567106ddfd9984d52fd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.40c1e01e910c126a543a76cb49cce3f1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7d46b67de21eabd10383536a407cb609.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d1a338e2b06c9fa1a0a4b90f95644abb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.57bfaa2ed10f054cbf24cc7e8b8223d9.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7