The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday September 9th, 2023

richwmn

Good morning,

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleer Report.  

Thank you to Vanessa for the Cares and Celebration List.  I applaud you for carefully capturing all that is going on in our lives.

Thank you to the ladies in the Food and Beverage Department—Debbie, Ann and Dixie.  We would be very hungry and thirsty without the three of you.

The days are interesting.  Love Teddy Bears and I have a few.  

Wonderful Wierdos—not sure what to make of that.  Met a few in my lifetime and happier without them.  

Sudoku—I am a fan and like to do them.  Pretty good at it.

I have been to Livorno a few times.  Pisa only once.  That was in 1984 on a land tour of Italy and before the digital age.

We will be in Florence for 6 days during our Italy tour prior to our transatlantic in November.

Sorry I never got back here yesterday.  I have read the rest of the posts.  Yesterday we spent a good part of the day at our attorney’s office.  We have drawn up new wills and very glad we did so.  Our old ones were outdated and included provisions for my mom and Jim’s brother, both of whom are now deceased.  We needed to change executors and redistribute assets.  Glad all that is done and signed now.  Just waiting for the hard copies.  Both of us are satisfied with the new wills. 

@marshhawk and @catmando  Annie and Chuck.  Congratulations on your Anniversary.

@smitty34877  I am so sorry to learn of the decision to place Lou on Home Hospice.  I am aware of how difficult a decision this is and my prayers go with your whole family at this time.

@cruising sister we continue to pray daily for a miracle for Baby Murphy.

@rafinmd Roy I hope your bout with Covid is a short one with minimal symptoms.  Prayers that you recover quickly.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers and Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser for all the lovely photos.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

I am definitely lethargic today but getting the essentials done.  I was in bed 90 minutes early last night (9PM),  I am normally up at 4:30 week days and 5 weekends but I woke at 5 and stayed "a few more minutes" but it was  an hour later when I finally got dressed. I ran a couple of errands this morning Mc Donalds drive through and then stopped at the pharmacy where they brought my prescription to the curb and put in the open back window.

The medicine is 4 capsules, twice a day for 5 days.  It seemed to go down pretty well.  They also brought out another batch of test kits.

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We had a very sad day yesterday  and it was decided that my DH would be cared for by home Hospice once he can leave the hospital.

He has had quite a few complications but is comfortable  with this decision. My Massachusetts and New Hampshire family members will be down in the next few days to visit with  him.

Once again, thank you all so very much for  your prayers , thoughts and encouragement. 

I don't  think either of us thought it would happen so quickly.

😢 I’m glad he’s comfortable. You all are in my prayers. 🙏 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. We had a very sad day yesterday  and it was decided that my DH would be cared for by home Hospice once he can leave the hospital.

He has had quite a few complications but is comfortable  with this decision. My Massachusetts and New Hampshire family members will be down in the next few days to visit with  him.

Once again, thank you all so very much for  your prayers , thoughts and encouragement. 

Terry my heart breaks to hear your news.  Sending (((hugs))) and prayers for all. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

I am so very sorry to hear this. Hugs to all.

Susan

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I am definitely lethargic today but getting the essentials done.  I was in bed 90 minutes early last night (9PM),  I am normally up at 4:30 week days and 5 weekends but I woke at 5 and stayed "a few more minutes" but it was  an hour later when I finally got dressed. I ran a couple of errands this morning Mc Donalds drive through and then stopped at the pharmacy where they brought my prescription to the curb and put in the open back window.

The medicine is 4 capsules, twice a day for 5 days.  It seemed to go down pretty well.  They also brought out another batch of test kits.

Roy

Hoping for you a speedy recovery.

• Like 23

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Teddy Bears are cute. Some weirdos are ok. I used to do Soduko, but don't remember how to do it any more. I do crosswords instead. Good quote. Pass on the meal and drink and maybe wine. I have been to Italy, but haven't been to Livorno. Good day in history.

We had rain on and off, and a hard shower around 3AM. I don't know if it will dry out enough to do any yardwork. I had hoped to at least do the edging of the lawn, then mow maybe Monday (more rain tomorrow). The lawn will be a jungle by then. So I'll do laundry soon.

@marshhawk @catmando Happy Anniversary! 🥳 Enjoy your dinner out tonight.

@Crazy For Cats Enjoy St. John today.

@puppycanducruise Beautiful hibiscus.

@Haljo1935 It sounds like your therapy is helping!

@StLouisCruisers Wonderful photos of your tour from Livorno. 

@smitty34877 I was heartbroken to read your update about Lou. Wishing him comfort. I am glad that family will be coming to visit him, and to also give support to you. Prayers for Lou, Tana, you and the entire family.

@rafinmd Roy, I hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, lots of rest, fluids and good nutrition. Can you get groceries delivered or get a friend to drop some off on your porch?

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos. 

@Nickelpenny I hope your back/leg are feeling better soon. Thanks for the photos.

@Overhead Fred Love that wisteria in Lucca.

@Cruzin Terri Good for you for getting your wills updated. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those with something to Celebrate.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning to all. Sending prayers and best wishes to all needing them. And cheers for those with celebrations and cruises. Life is certainly full of ups and downs for all of us. It seems more and more like it is a roll of the dice whether you are up or down. Or maybe it just feels that way to me.

I do Sudoku from time to time... am not terribly good at it. Need more practice. I have several Teddy Bears, a few of which are headed to new homes. Have not been to today's destination(s). Looks interesting.

Weather here is sunny and high today will be mid-eighties. Same tomorrow and then we are due for cooler temperatures and possibly some rain. We can but hope.

Our sad news is that the body of the missing hiker from last June has just been found. It was in the Mancos River in an area that had been extensively searched when he first disappeared but the river was running very high (3-4 feet above current levels) in June and he was under water. At least he has been found (there is another man who disappeared a few years before this who is still not located). And we now have another hiker missing.... he disappeared in different area just a two days ago. Again, someone hiking by himself. As appealing as the solitude may be, hiking alone is not recommended. All of these men were experienced hikers.

Nothing much on the agenda today. I plan to load up the car with thrift store donations today and tomorrow. And my goal is to get another file drawer sorted and one bathroom cabinet sorted and a significant amount of stuff in the trash or recycling. Then Monday will make a thrift store run. 

Take care all.

Susan

• Like 32

Good morning all!

We're having lovely early fall weather, sunny and 75F today.

I love teddy bears, especially cute baby (live) bears we've seen in the wild.  Also I like most weirdos, and have never even tried Sudoku (!)  Will pass on the drink and meal (quinoa) but prefer Prosecco over champagne. 

The one time Livorno was on an itinerary for us, we missed it due to weather 😞  It's on our Med and Atlantic Passage next fall (overnight) so I really hope we make it there this time!  We've spent a few days in Cinque Terre and been to Sienna (our daughter spent time there when she was in college), so our plan will be one day in Florence and one day to Pisa.  Thanks for all the great photos!

Again, Terry @smitty34877 hugs and prayers to you, Lou, and all the family.  

Melanie @puppycanducruise Gorgeous Hibiscus!  Surprising that it's blooming now, mine just finished up last week.  

Roy @rafinmd Please take it easy.  I'm glad you're feeling no worse, and hope it will be short and mild.  Good that you got the medication.

Annie @marshhawk A Very Happy Anniversary to you and Chuck!  Enjoy your dinner out tonight.

Vanessa @JazzyV Thank you for mentioning my niece today -- very appropriate for today because today is the yearly MS Bike Ride.  Our DD and DSIL participate every year in honor of their cousin Jeannine and friends who also have MS.  Also thank you for mentioning my DBIL.  He will see his oncologist on the 13th and we'll know more about what treatment is available to him.

Here are some photos of my favorite teddy bears.

This one was taken by John Morrison, a fabulous photographer in the Yellowstone and Teton area.  This is the *famous* Grizzly 399 and her 4 cubs 3 years ago.  She's well-known because she's 27 now and still having babies!  Every spring we wait to hear if she made it through another winter.

Grizzly399.jpg.549ae7b06ad6cd1ae708cc6ada3fdcb4.jpg

And this was taken by DH on one of our trips to Yellowstone.  Mama and baby.

Yellowstonebear.thumb.jpg.00cb6af1b090e5f61fdbb81d23dea72c.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

This is what I posted on September 18, 2022.

I just realized that no one has posted pictures of Florence.  I guess all those who posted their pictures last year, are not here today.  I went through my pictures of the days we actually visited Florence instead of touring Tuscany.  After our day in Florence in 2016, we decided the crowds were just getting too big.

My pictures are a collection from our visits in 2001, 2002 and 2016.  I'll begin with the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Flore, also know as the Duomo, and the Baptistry. 

DSC07457.thumb.JPG.9cd26e72552581d850054356a5602f59.JPG

DSC07443.thumb.JPG.86beb358a54a78039e38349311977f93.JPG

DSC07418.thumb.JPG.b2d6853cfb8b31935de00c4a40a57b6f.JPG

DSC07411.thumb.JPG.cee96e32b36d49a5e125e110df994054.JPG

DSC07409.thumb.JPG.c3ffdc18e8be1e5b778d9fdfd81182fe.JPG

The Basilica di Santa Croce di Firenze, which has the tombs of many famous Italians or at least monuments to them.

PICT0021.thumb.JPG.3e84eb16ed034051c6380ae0a7d846ee.JPG

IMG_0225.thumb.JPG.725f55a363a3998411f5aa46405d3f59.JPG

IMG_0686.thumb.JPG.6dcbd78e1bbf5f6c36c4d0b0d70f8743.JPG

PICT0027.thumb.JPG.5561a9897af00fabfca02bbe1752d81c.JPG

A replica of Michelangelo's David and another statue outside a church near the Uffizi Gallery, and the gallery.

IMG_0215.thumb.JPG.d7a48c0b8430f64d8b5378f195ba5ec4.JPG

IMG_0231.thumb.JPG.748621f4823b8152888d93a822523bb4.JPG

Ponte Vecchio over the Arno River.IMG_0234.thumb.JPG.07e15ac6091a65534019161ef3036ade.JPG

DSC07430.thumb.JPG.f7bdeee927a48b8edcacc357dd7fb07e.JPG

Looking toward the Uffizi Gallery from the Pone Vecchio

PICT0018.thumb.JPG.f1670bdfd2ed1cb1696375c8dfcf8272.JPG

In 2001, we took a ships tour to Florence as it was our first visit to the city.  The tour buses were not allowed in the main tourist area.  We had to board these little buses to go from the parking lot into the main area. 

IMG_0222.thumb.JPG.4b12e2d6528cc8569e5565138834f2dc.JPG

Lenda

Fantastic collections of photos Lenda.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. The day is started out cloudy and foggy. We had a grand time yesterday visiting some beautiful vistas. Went to a local brewery and sampled a flight of beers. Cooked steaks on the grill and lost big time on the daily Rummy tournament.

@smitty34877 Terry such sad news about Lou. Prayers for both of you.

@marshhawk @catmando Happy Anniversary folks.

Today nothing is planned as of yet so thinking it’s going to be a lazy day around the beach house.

Thanks for the Fleet Report and featured post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.54c9e436e54eb4928b0dc3ba28c796a9.jpegimage.jpeg.64c71b3770128ad3e5d7fb0085828dd2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b77ea17689046144c38e320c4792c723.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.29f8aece902487331e8cd4e33c465058.jpegimage.jpeg.a2e7a29c3f6a384ecedecba0938f098c.jpegimage.jpeg.3f77607eb5a51dbde7795a684c0186d7.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

Good afternoon everyone.  Hats off to teddy bears.  We’re currently waiting at the Bilbao Spain airport for our flight to Malaga.  Fingers crossed our luggage arrives with us this time 🤞.  We spent a wonderful afternoon in St. Sebastian Spain where we were greeted first with a parade and the a bride and groom leaving the church, all within the first ten minutes of arriving!  We’re learning lots about the Basque region and culture.  I guess the warm weather must be universal as it’s 92F and humid here. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list especially the victims of the earthquake in Morocco.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!  

IMG_0911.jpeg

IMG_0918.jpeg

IMG_0927.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

My post from September 18, 2022:

Good morning!  I was just in Livorno on June 4, 2022 on the Oosterdam and knew I had posted about the tour I took there.  BTW, I've discovered it's easier to find when you search for a specific date range.  Craig was in covid quarantine so I was on my own.  This is part one of my post:

Good afternoon everyone from Livorno!  It’s a lovely day. I changed all my tours to shorter ones since I’m by myself, plus most were the ones that Craig wanted. Today was a walking tour, fish market and several stops for food and wine. Wine at 10:00 am!  Yes, please. 

Sardine on the fish market. 

2F6E27E5-1FB8-4312-8F29-2AAA8D1288F0.thumb.jpeg.761696c195e0973be650624b8b172b24.jpeg

Inside the fish auction. 

C56F5443-D306-4FBE-AE67-2819CE1A8F9B.thumb.jpeg.439b8adaaeae0080df74cdd1c58b6cba.jpeg

Typical local fish stew served on bread. It was yummy. 

45AB9FBE-9310-4FEE-BE93-39E41E96612E.thumb.jpeg.aae9ebb003424879cffefcddcdc954b2.jpeg

Bruschetta with toppings. The white things are white sardines. Yum. The olives were good too. 
A9620000-E1FD-45B5-B541-BB07AFE9F60B.thumb.jpeg.0610d74f43d3106214048dbdcaf7b39a.jpeg

Outdoor market. 

16CD5EF7-56E2-4CA3-8587-A12F2BF35F0D.thumb.jpeg.64261a0a96f4067ced37d06ec41277c7.jpeg

B33280AD-5899-47F4-955C-F307D2904649.thumb.jpeg.ec8b074b42ed5f8e987ca27ee1015dfa.jpeg

One of the many churches. 

EFA7E3C5-E692-450A-A627-FDC580CBAAA1.thumb.jpeg.ef655b1dc5bd9dd3cbe316953126e035.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry, yes this is quite sad and I’m sure a lot to take in right now. Prayers to Lou, you and your family. One day at a time. 

• Like 22

Good Afternoon from a currently sunny and warm day at the beach

Played golf  this morning so I am late today.

Teddy Bears are my favorite and still have a few special ones.  Not really a sudoku player and what's a  "wonderful weirdo?? Guess it depends on the definition! LOL

@cat shepard  Thanks for asking about me. We had some crazy weather yesterday that came out of nowhere.  I was over on Merritt Island and saw the skies darkening. Weather on my phone said "cloudy". I thought it did not look good and headed for home. Just got here when all heck broke loose. Heavy rain, strong winds and golf ball sized hail. It was crazy! Lasted a few hours . Luckily no damage .

@rafinmd  Hope you feel better quickly.

@marshhawk Happy Anniversary! Hope you have many more.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1